[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

omo omo omo

im working right now and i cant watch it yet because my cellular data sucks and it wont load in my work computer and i think i'm dying right now while watching all the gifs

omo omo omo

i wanna cry and go home and watch it!!!!

Thank you all for the gifs! T_T

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

The ex husband is so smooth.

CSH : please don’t be polite and let me know what you like in a woman. I want to try and mould myself into that woman. 

JSJ: I didn’t think that I had any particular preference or type.

JSJ: Today is strange.

CSH: Please talk plainly, I’m not very smart so I don’t understand what you’re talking about.

JSJ: Exactly this style , my style is  CSH.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, tlireal said:

I don't understand what went wrong in the marriage. She seemed to try to make the best out of it.

I felt the same.. I guess communication was the failure in this relationship.. Her husband also seems to be loving her n she also did try for pleasing him.. I want to know more n more abt their relationship too.. I loved all the flashbacks in today's episode as it showed more abt CSH n KJH!! 

• Like 9

Thank you very much for translations, capture, clips and all shared words in this forum.

I have watched this ep.5 live, the script brought audiences to feel like watching a man and a woman started their relationship from interest, curious, and like to a 'some' relationship as @ahdrianaa mentioned.  Encounter/ Boyfriend made audiences giggle and smile widely without consciousness. 

As audiences knew that CSH has not experienced having "some" relationship, she might regret that she met KJH when she is too old for him with age gap and social status difference. Others might prejudege their relationship in the negative aspect which will impact both of them's lives. It could be very heavy burden to be in the lime light with critique and presumption. 

• Like 8

Next episode 

CSH : ..... for Omma too, I’m your daughter.

The mother looks like she’s regretting something, could the monster have a heart after all? 

MIL : I wonder if (our) Soo Hyun is doing this because she is feeling lonely. 

She still considers CSH as a member of her family and tries to get a rise out of KJH by hinting that CSH is only running around with KJH out of a feeling of loneliness. 

70-A56-B24-CA0-E-40-C5-BDBE-0-C67406-BAA

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, tlireal said:

I don't understand what went wrong in the marriage. She seemed to try to make the best out of it.

In my opinion it went wrong from the start. When CSH met him and asked him what kind of woman he wanted, he just replied, he liked CSH's style. But here is the dilemma: he asked CSH to be herself. Who is she exactly? She has never been able to be herself, when her father entered politics. She was never herself... so by being CSH, it meant, be just the obedient daughter/housewife and follow her husband's preferences. Moreover, CSH's question reveals a lot about herself: she prioritized her husband over herself... and her husband unintentionally let do it. CSH's style means being cold, distant but obedient... never expressing her own desires and wishes.

To conclude, JWS should have stopped her right after that question... and asked her what SHE wants!!  It was never about herself, although you can sense that JWS wanted her to be herself. He chose the wrong words... and the wrong method.

@icyphoenix

• Like 18

Original Article: [sports seoul] 'Boyfriend' Park Bogum, To Song Hyekyo "I Want To Become A Person With Purpose"

0000456345_001_20181212215652597.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-12%2Bat%2B10.01.40%2BPM.png

1.+1065, -39 Park Bogum was f*cking handsome today ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ  ㄷ ㄷ
2.+751, -31 Jinhyuk-ie is so straightforward, so cool ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Park Bogum f*cking cool
3. +689, -19 Kim Jinhyun is seriously such a warm person ㅠㅠ Park Bogum's voice is so good
4. +219, -11 Park Bogum is seriously heart-fluttering ㅠㅠㅠ Straightforward Jinhyuk ㅠㅠ
5. +166, -10 Today was really heart-fluttering, Park Bogum's acting and face seriously he's good at everything ㅠㅠ
6.+73, -5 Park Bogum so heart-fluttering ㅠ Crazy ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
7. +58, -2 Today I'm happy, just happy
8. +66, -46 To be honest is this fun???
9. +21, -2 Song Hyekyo is really pretty I'm jealous

Original Article: [star news] 'Boyfriend' Straightforward Park Bogum, To Song Hyekyo "Let's Meet Again In A Some Relationship"

0002748259_001_20181212225122716.jpg?type=w540

0002748259_002_20181212225122759.jpg?type=w540

0002748259_003_20181212225122796.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-12%2Bat%2B10.13.21%2BPM.png

1. +1944, -40 I understand why Suhyun-ie cried. Love is all about timing. Jinhyuk-ie must catch (?) it. Why is Park Bogum so handsome today....
2. +1003, -80 So fun ㅜㅜ
3. +880, -35 It was so sad when Song Hyekyo cried, today was daebak
4.+393, -12 When Song Hyekyo cried, daebak.. Her eyes were glistening, seriously she's so good at emotional scenes ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Park Bogum Song Hyekyo Boyfriend let's hit daebak
5.+332, -3 Park Bogum's gaze is so heart-fluttering ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
6.+146, -10 Hyekyo-nim's acting is daebak today..
7.+106, -3 Suhyun-ah today was daebak~~

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Secretary Jang’s future boyfriend still doesn’t know about the ramyun scandal.

KJM: What’s going on? Quick! Tell me what’s going on

LDC : Kim Jin Hyuk, if you were planning on bringing someone like that you should have pre-warned me. Hyung would have prepared more food on the house. 

KJM: I would have never guessed the ramyun man was you!

LDC: what is this ramyun incident you keep talking about, tell me too.

KJH : keep quiet, there are customers who will hear you. 

KJM: Got to call Omma and let her know

KJH : no need to let Omma know,she will worry.

KJM : Why? Why? What is your relationship with her 

LDC: What is your relationship with her?

KJM:What is your relationship with her?

LDC : Ramyun, ramyun. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 8
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Secretary Jang’s future boyfriend still doesn’t know about the ramyun scandal.

KJM: What’s going on? Quick! Tell me what’s going on

LDC : Kim Jin Hyuk, if you were planning on bringing someone like that you should have pre-warned me. Hyung would have prepared more food on the house. 

KJM: I would have never guessed the ramyun man was you!

LDC: what is this ramyun incident you keep talking about, tell me too.

KJH : keep quiet, there are customers who will hear you. 

KJM: Got to call Omma and let her know

KJH : no need to let Omma know,she will worry.

KJM : Why? Why? What is your relationship with her 

LDC: What is your relationship with her?

KJM:What is your relationship with her?

LDC : Ramyun, ramyun. 

LOL at "Secretary Jang's future bf"! Been shipping them since last week :grimace:

• LOL 8

@bebebisous33 I feel that rather than asking her what she needs it what she wants.. He should have just said you will get to know by spending more n more time with me!! She would have accepted it.. Both would have tried to know each other n would have accomplished a successful relationship.. But here without much knowledge on her, he blurt out that she is his type !! This kinda lines might have worked on other ladies but CSH isn't the typical girl.. Instead it left her perplexed as u mentioned she doesn't even know her true self!! 

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Bout to post this article but @gumtaek was really fast!:lol:

Thanks @gumtaek :wub: I'm happy for positive feedbacks from tonight's episode! :)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I'm starting to get why SHK and PBG accepted this drama.

This is more than a Noona relationship drama. It speaks the truth about prejudice against women having relationship with much younger men. And for some reason, it hits close to home when it comes to SHK's relationship with SJK when it started. Although not to this extent. But still, it's kind of breaking barriers against prejudice about this kind of relationship. It also speaks about women having power without total dependence from men.

Oh no.. This is not your typical Noona drama. This something so much more! :tounge_wink::dizzy:

• Like 21
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, teachermok said:

LOL at "Secretary Jang's future bf"! Been shipping them since last week :grimace:

I say future boyfriend because Secretary Jang is part of this dating app where she gets an update about a new member who fits her preference. That new member is LDC aka snail shop owner, KJM made him a profile on the same app. LDC wants a nice looking profile picture so that it can attract the ladies so KJM tells him to cover his moustache, he ends up hiding most of his face.

Secretary Jang doesn’t know that it’s him but his bio on the app says he is a restaurant owner. So she wonders if he has a chain of chicken restaurants and gets a big ole smile on her face while wondering if he owns a chain of family restaurants.

confident that they are going to start to DM each other by next episode without knowing each other’s identity.  :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 16

9 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

@bebebisous33 I feel that rather than asking her what she needs it what she wants.. He should have just said you will get to know by spending more n more time with me!! She would have accepted it.. Both would have tried to know each other n would have accomplished a successful relationship.. But here without much knowledge on her, he blurt out that she is his type !! This kinda lines might have worked on other ladies but CSH isn't the typical girl.. Instead it left her perplexed as u mentioned she doesn't even know her true self!! 

You are right. In my opinion, he should have stopped her right after that question and even shown disagreement. It is a painful question because with her question, she implies that she will do anything, she will comply to his wishes... She will turn into the woman he wants her to be. So she will never live as herself but as the image he wants her to be. Yet, he didn't disagree with her. With his words, he just asked her to keep behaving like before, although I am sure, deep down he meant, he wanted her to be herself. So it started with a misunderstanding. To me, this conversation shows two things:

- JWS is used to be in the center of attention, have his choices put first, hence he is not sensitive enough and pays too little attention to others. 

- CSH has no pride at all, even no personality. She is like a walking dead and a sleeping beauty. She was already resigned to be sold off.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

You are right. In my opinion, he should have stopped right after that question and even shown disagreement. It is a painful question because with her question, she implies that she will do anything, she will comply to his wishes... She will turn into the woman he wants her to be. So she will never live as herself but as the image he wants her to be. Yet, he didn't disagree with her. With his words, he just asked her to keep behaving like before, although I am sure, deep down he meant, he wanted her to be herself. So it started with a misunderstanding. To me, this conversation shows two things:

- JWS is used to be in the center of attention, have his choices put first, hence he is not sensitive enough and pays too little attention to others. 

- CSH has no pride at all, even no personality. She is like a walking dead and a sleeping beauty. She was already resigned to be sold off.

That's the thing.. It all ended up being messed.. Their relationship suffered for misconception n miscommunication problems..  I can imagine the life they were trying to like.. JWS thought that he had encouraged her to be more free towards him n expressed his feelings towards her.. CSH thought the ideal he wants her to fit is the shallow CSH she is showing to the World.. So their thoughts n everything was in wrong direction!! 

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I say future boyfriend because Secretary Jang is part of this dating app where she gets an update about a new member who fits her preference. That new member is LDC aka snail shop owner, KJM made him a profile on the same app. LDC wants a nice looking profile picture so that it can attract the ladies so KJM tells him to cover his moustache, he ends up hiding most of his face.

Secretary Jang doesn’t know that it’s him but his bio on the app says he is a restaurant owner. So she wonders if he has a chain of chicken restaurants and gets a big ole smile on her face while wondering if he owns a chain of family restaurants.

confident that they are going to start to DM each other by next episode without knowing each other’s identity.  :D

Dating app??? Cool :glasses: :joy:

thanks to all :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7