[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

I just finished watching ep 4 and I look forward to the new episode tomorrow morning my time. 

Regarding PBG's acting, I thought his drunken acting was really good. That drunk scene with the zipper tie was very funny and I replayed that scenes multiple times. 

His character here in this drama is indeed very different from Moonlight or Reply 1988 and it seems that JH's character is written to be happy and smiley type. So, I think his acting is according to the character so far and we should wait until the end of the drama before casting our score on this drama or PBG's acting. 

• Like 10

“The scriptwriter has written some hit movies but not dramas. Being a fan of Park Bogum, I know that he chooses his roles carefully. Still, I was hoping that he will team up with reliable scriptwriters. But I will trust Bogum in his decision to be in this project. In an interview, he says that he reads the script thoroughly before deciding on accepting or rejecting an offer. I also read that SHK is picky with her projects. There must be something really good then---I am deducing---with the script that we are not privy to, because with the uproar over the casting, thousands of downvotes over the pairing because of the age gap and the netizens' blurring of the real-reel situation of SHK and PBG (SHK being the wife of SJK and therefore the "sister in-law" of PBG who is a close dongsaeng of SJK :-)), the predictable move would be for them to turn it down...but they confirmed...so I will suspend my judgment and hope for the best.

..... I just did some backreading and @gumtaek, I must say that I felt the same way when it was announced SHK is accepting this drama. I’m sure many SHK fans must have felt/thought of this too. 

She’s very picky and is known to have hit dramas all across Asia because of how picky she is. She starts a new drama only every after 3-4 years ever since Full House. So I trusted her judgment and hoped for the best.

Back to my point, because of what you said, you have my respect! Bulls eye on the one I quoted :thumbsup:

• Like 12

On 12/11/2018 at 1:11 PM, bohmi said:

I've found these comments on Naver,

"I am very grateful to Park Bo-gum Song Hye-kyo, who had a courageous adventure in attempting to break the existing drama pattern. I was a fan but I wondered why I saw 4 times and I saw why you chose it. We always wonder why movies and dramas only come out of that sort of thing, but they seem to have a strong resistance to new attempts. I too... The ending of the fourth episode suddenly broke that prejudice. I think it would have been hard to do without these two actors. These two actors are really cool."

"People said Boyfriend was stale, but they can not "see" implied material in drama, so I understand the resistance of those who are unfamiliar with it. But I think that if you understand the value of the 4th ending facing each other, you will know how special the drama is. I want to see this drama to the end together with such people. I think that Park Bo-gum and Song Hye-kyo who have chosen this drama courageously are great actors." :thumbsup:

Source : NAVER

---------------

Reveal hidden contents

Boyfriend's cinematographer is Kim

Indeed both of them are very brave to take up the role. unhappy people who keeps writing negative comments / unrealistic comments. ( mother / son pairing SHK acting is expressionless, flat) then bogum's manner yawning became a click bait for other drama's fan to promote their bias's drama.   Please ignore those negative comments in social media and let's enjoy the drama.  Today i feel like posting lots of gif / post that i kept it.

their acting

99D9D3455C0C042103DCA7

Look at his face

99D38E455C0C0424045073

Cheer up ( who can act like this! LOL

99CD08505C02425104

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

SnowWhite+RoseRed

C62-AD21-F-755-F-4-E4-C-9-EAA-89-F5-DB7-

The version of the Snow White fairytale popular today is actually an amalgamation of two characters, in the original story there are two central characters - Snow White who has extremely light blond hair her personality traits are - quiet, keeps to herself and prefers to stay indoors. Rose Red has dark hair and prefers to be outside, speak her mind, and is more adventurous than her quieter sister. 

Through time various versions have written off the real Snow White’s character,visuals and personality traits but her name has been transferred to Rose Red. 

B6063-E4-B-785-A-4-FDD-90-DE-916326-A0-C

This most popular version of Snow White is actually RoseRed.

Similarly CSH is made up of two CSHs, before her dad joins politics(RoseRed) and after (SnowWhite). Over time RoseRed CSH is buried deep inside and the public only knows of SnowWhite CSH . Like the original fairytale , there are very few people who know the real CSH - this has been alluded several times during conversations between Driver Nam and Secretary. 

Using metaphors and symbology 

*in the last episode KJH gives CSH Sulwhasoo’s RoseRed lipstick.

3-A4-AE48-D-3-D6-F-49-F6-A010-03-FBC4-FA

*Driver Nam says that the only time CSH resembles her old (RoseRed CSH) self is when she’s with KJH.

* KJH gifts her a book entitled “I look at you how I look at flowers”. The rest of the world sees SnowWhite CSH but he sees her as RoseRed CSH. 

The drama therefore suggests that the birthday gift KJH is giving her isn’t actually the physical lipstick but the larger gift of helping RoseRed CSH who has been forced to live under the guise of Snow White CSH to finally come out and reveal her true self. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Park Bo Gum is currently hosting the 2018 MAMA Fans' Choice in Japan. When he was introduced clips of  him in the drama were shown....good advertisement for the drama. The event is being held in Saitama Super Arena Japan with a maximum capacity of 37,000.

Tweet Version

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I actually felt bogum's acting is natural

sJrC9xs.gif

A big problem with Jinhyuk is his age. How could this guy look like 29 y.o?

6Xkr9Mh.gif

Why make him older, when he actually look younger than his real age. 

Plus the script not helping him. 

71SUCEt.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, autumnight said:

Ugh MAMA is running late and i have 2 windows open right now... one for MAMA and the other for Boyfriend :wacko:

Ok, just continue livestreaming the drama.

Last scene: Ending of Ep. 4 

OST 2 playing

CSH accepted the ramyun invite.

• Like 5