[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

35 minutes ago, khxy said:

@icyphoenix

I think the article is misleading and many people don't know that Encounter aired 30 minutes earlier than other dramas. So by the time other dramas air their 2nd part/episode, Encounter is already done airing, that explains the ratings increment of other dramas.

If you watch live, you will realize there are more advertisements for this week episodes than last and we all know why.

Yes I watched it live this week.. I can understand the stuff with ratings..  But purely this caption of soompi tends to mislead ppl!! 

P. S. I don't agree with comment that KJH smiles all time.. He was serious at many times, he smiles when he gets together with his family,  coworkers n CSH.. He smiles at CSH at difficult situations, it's just to assure her that it will fine n he is fine as for example the last scene of yesterday's episode!! 

• Like 9

I just rewatched the last scene of Ep.4 again and realized that this is the classic K-drama Candy story. He's the one who rescues her.

But the only thing different is that he has no money, and she has money. I love that it's not the money and power that makes him attractive or his million-dollar smile, but that he is just a really good guy who is very brave and that's all anyone really needs from their partner.

Can't wait until next week!

• Like 15

I skip live streaming last night and just finished watch the 4th episode with English sub, and seriously I don't know why I was crying when I watched the last scene of 4th episode. Seriously, I really got the feels when I watch this drama, when that bad ahjussi trying to shame CSH infront of all employees, calling the guy CSH met is a bar host, CSH really mad but she can't express it, she can't say anything even, and right at her 'almost embarrass moment' KJH save her, exposed himself to save her, to show to others he is the guy that ate ramyeon with CSH in rest stop, and the article is not right because he did everything as what he wants not because a CEO threatening a staff to do so. And their telepathy when CSH said you should live your own live but KJH said I had make my choice, it's very touching. SHK expression in this scene really make me sad, like what Song Joong Ki said during DOTS "When Song Hye Kyo cry even the devil wants to wipe her tears" 

I am super happy KJH come to save CSH, seriously I love this scene.

Seeing the last scene of 4th episode, "How could CSH mother let her one and only daughter involved with those scary bad people like ex-MIL?" It's just my saying 

So the ex-MIL knows the fact that her son truly love CSH, I like how ex husband threaten his mother and when the ex-husband ask his secretary to take down all the bad article about CSH but in 5th episode preview the ex husband begin to have curiosity about KJH, well hope he is not involved to separate CSH - KJH, he really got no spot in CSH heart.

And another favorite one is when KJH told Secretary Jang, that's what Secretary Jang should know. I'm proud of KJH best friend when she decided to decline the offers, if that ahjussi make the offers towards me I'm seriously going to beat him first beforenI give him an answer, how could you ask me to betray my best friend? Are you kidding me?

I'm very curious about what will happen right after the last scene of 4th episode, how ex-MIL and her people react.

• Like 15

Sulwhasoo, song hyekyo, song hyekyo sulhwasoo, song hyekyo encounter, song hyekyo encounter lipstick, song hyekyo makeup, song hyekyo drama

Song HyeKyo’s Lipstick In Drama “Encounter” Is One Of The Most Searched Keywords

DECEMBER 7, 2018
“Encounter” is the new drama with Song HyeKyo and Park BoGum. It tells the love story of a chaebol and an ordinary man. For more information and pictures about the drama, you can have a look at it here.

Song HyeKyo’s beauty, as the CEO of DongHwa Hotel, has interested many viewers. The actress is well-known for her beauty.

While watching the drama, viewers could not help but be curious about her lipstick and search about it on Naver. It became one of the most searched keywords related to the drama. Other fashion items such as her earrings and coat are also trending keywords.

The actress is using different shades of that lipstick. 

Sulwhasoo, song hyekyo, song hyekyo sulhwasoo, song hyekyo encounter, song hyekyo encounter lipstick, song hyekyo makeup, song hyekyo drama

tvN

The lipstick is from the brand Sulwhasoo for which the actress is model. 

Sulwhasoo

The item is called ‘Essential Lip Serum Stick’ and is available in different colors. 

Sulwhasoo

The item is called ‘Essential Lip Serum Stick’ and is available in different colors.

• Like 13

Encounter

Somehow, I could relate a bit with this drama.

Once, I fell in love with younger man, about 8 years younger?

I also an introvert, not easily open up and be close to someone.

So, I do understand how awkward it is for CSH and KJH, especially CSH.

And, to say you love someone, it may not come easily just after a brief encounter.

But, a brief and intimate encounter, like CHS and KJH have in Cuba, definitely brought deep impression and open up the possibility for further deeper relationship.

In Cuba, it was so much easier to get close and open up to stranger.

Because, you are in a stranger land, nobody know you, thus nobody judge you.

But, when you come home, that’s where all the obstacles begin.

For centuries, it almost a taboo for older woman to fall in love with younger man, especially when the age gap is more than 5 years.  But, it is still OK for (much) older man to marry younger woman, even praised for that.

Divorcee

Even in my country, being a divorcee is belittled by others, let alone in-laws. It seems that you have a flaw or lots of flaws that make you a divorcee. You’ll be the talk of the entire family at gatherings, and be asked either why do you not try to reconcile or when will you marry again? Extend that to the whole neighborhood, sometimes.

Luckily, these past few years, the word ‘divorce’ is seeing less like a curse. People are more understanding. Just don’t go too often to any family wedding, or any wedding at all.

Middle-Top Management Career Woman

Surely it will put you in a kind of spotlight. I was not a CEO, but people still notice whom I was going with, where, why, was he a single/divorcee, was he good enough for me, even try to match me with almost anyone available that meet their standards, sigh…

So, I could see how difficult it is for CSH to open her heart and be close with someone with different age and backgrounds. She has an army to consider to, her father-to-be-president, her ambitious mother-loves-to-be-the-first-lady, her ex-in-laws-but-never-be-exes, her job (she surely loves her job, she takes pride in doing her job well), her employees, and the list goes and on, and on, and on… But, most importantly, she doesn’t want KHJ to suffer the consequences, be fired and get a ‘bad reputation’, either as stalker or gold digger.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

96vji94bjpsk.gif

Spoiler

DtyM7TRUUAAe5dA.jpg:large

--------------------

‘Don’t take another step towards me’ ‘I’ve made my choice, I’ve decided to take a step towards the world you’re standing in all alone’ admire2 onion headlove you crazy rabbit
Kim Jin Hyuk is so brave:thumbsup:

Bogum eating ramen was so engaging:D

3e1caqhsv6sy.gif

• Like 20

I saw 4 worried reactions about the Soompi Article on Ratings.

Many Naver articles posted this news. Check out the tables

Metropolitan Seoul

DtxeaqCUcAA4O9Y.jpg

Nationwide

Dtxect9UwAAxURI.jpg

What Soompi did was to get the tail-end rating of the other drama but that's not accurate because the correct thing is to average the rating of the 1st and 2nd half.

You can tweet this to Soompi's twitter.

Let's stay calm, everyone!

• Like 12

Just want to share some thots - some scenes are so predictable e.g. the scene when Nam gi sar driver called up Jin Hyuk to make conversation, he's checking on his "character", after that it's easy to guess he would be asking JH to go along with him to Sokcho to be with Soo Hyun.  Another scene, when Jin Hyuk went to harasss his good friend in the night to borrow his truck to meet Soo Hyun, another scene when the photos were shown to SH's dowager mum Chairman Kim, where Jin Hyuk's close friend were in it, already can guess she would be calling her up to ask her to do something about it ....

However, do like the scene of Soo Hyun and her divorced husband, Woo Suk, their dialogue about their dilemma and predicament due to both of their family background.  We get to understand Soo Hyun's ex-husband a bit better in ep 4, it seemed he does love Soo Hyun, and he's seen making effort to protect Soo Hyun and even managed to confront his mum and speak up his mind and his own way of reconciling with Soo Hyun, not sure if he could succeed in the end.  Looking at the flow of story and if the script is a happy ending (which all the fans would like it too), then Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun will sure end up together after overcoming all the obstacles in their way ........

• Like 4

Don’t get too bummed by news about ratings, it might improve next week. Instead leave positive messages for the cast and crew who are still shooting the drama. In one of the Dots interviews I read SHK say how she would read the responses of foreign fans after each episode. It’s possible that she might be looking for feedback again. 

SNS links for actors 

PBG

Alternately you can also leave messages on PBG’s agency Blossom Entertainment 

SHK

Alternately you can also give feedback to her Makeup artist and Stylist.

P.O

Jang Seung Jo

The song that everyone is looking for is an unreleased OST for the drama. It’s by a Korean American singer called Saltnpaper who was formerly known as MYK. Linking his post on IG confirming himself as the singer.

CSH’s owl doll is available for pre-order now.

BFD79904-6-FEF-4977-B728-96-AFA126-D2-BF

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

The last part of Ep 3 and the beginning of Ep 4 somehow portrayed KJH as a little desperate and creepy, that's my biggest beef. Logically, it's the surprise factor of hearing that particular song on the radio which ushers in this rush of emotion, which is supposed to be powerful and touching. However, this vibe was missed.

On the other hand, they did a good job of acknowledging that it was too rushed and a little scary, which can potentially set up his character's arc, so I will reserve further judgment.

Outside of this complaint, I must say that the other characters are very well crafted. I find CSH's mixture of toughness and vulnerability to be relatable and likable.  Secretary Jang, and CSH's ex-husband JWS are two supporting characters that stood out to me. Kwak Sun-Young gave a very charming performance as Secretary Jang, and I thoroughly enjoy her scenes. In particular, her little "cola sass" was soo well done. JWS will no doubt play a significant role down the line, and his relationship with his ex-wife is very intriguing to me. To me, conflicting desires and motivations will always make a character intriguing, and this is no different.

• Like 11

Y do I feel that CSH's ex husband would be misled by his mom into believing that the person who wrote the thing on bulletin is KJH.. As his mom too knew that her son would see the bulletin news.. She might his love as a weapon to separate KJH n CSH.. I guess that's y he wants the information on KJH in the upcoming episodes!!.. Hope it's not the case!! -_-

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

and the ex husband for now but with reservation because I think he can't protect his wife before against his own mother. Though O think the reason why he said he is in love with another girl is that it is the only way he thought of in order for soo hyun to escape his mother. I love his loyalty and discreet effort. Loving her from the sidelines but I am also scared of him because he might be the worst person in the future. 

i love the anime art

8670fc7d4f6f55d2b5538fdd7ba4d8b25db83c0b

• Like 11

I really hope WS won’t turn into a hateful and clingy second lead... He seems like a decent human being unlike his trash mother. I feel so sad for him if he really faked an affair so SH could walk away.

Even though he doesn’t win her heart I hope he’ll find his own happiness and break free of his mother’s clutches.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, tianaa said:

and the ex husband for now but with reservation because I think he can't protect his wife before against his own mother. Though O think the reason why he said he is in love with another girl is that it is the only way he thought of in order for soo hyun to escape his mother. I love his loyalty and discreet effort. Loving her from the sidelines but I am also scared of him because he might be the worst person in the future. 

i love the anime art

I really love the anime art at every episode!!.. I kinda feel pity for her ex hubby.. He is in threads between good n bad.. His love for CSH will lead him any one.. I could see him getting jealous too,  as he said to her secretary to make CSH stay low!! Plus he threatened his move that he would leave the group if she interferes, so she might use another method to make him do the work of reunion of them!! I really hope he ends as a good person, I don't want him to be negative.. I just want him to learn to be free person like CSH!! 

• Like 9