[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Good day to everyone! I've completed episode 4, oh my... Bogummy's character is not simple. The ending scene of ep 4, my reaction was... that's right, she should live as a normal human being, with equal rights as everyone in the lobby. 

I also wanna thank everyone who sent me messages about the lipstick, seems like the big reveal appeared :) All her lipstick shades are probably from Sulwhasoo... I should quickly go to their store next week to get some for myself. 

• Like 7

I am all caught up now, and I love it.

To be honest, I rolled my eyes when I first heard about this show.

This is because I was once getting my hair done at a salon in Koreatown (Los Angeles) and saw a scary group of ajumas there, cursing out ("that beetch!" / "nappeun nyun!") Song Hye-Kyo for daring to seduce Song Joong-Gi. OMG, they were like sasaeng fans.

I could just picture this group of women full-on rioting when they see Evil Witch Song Hye-Kyo put her grubby paws all over PARK BOGUM.

Because if there is an ajuma fantasy come to life, it is this guy. No joke.

So I was prepared for this to be cheesy and ridiculous.

But you know, it's actually really good?

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

Here is an analysis by dramamilk.. Just check out this thread.. This drama is full of subtle hints which is associated with CSH n KJH!! I would repeat it again this isn't a simple show.. This is a masterpiece with deep meaning to it!! 

@bebebisous33 spot on chingu!! Ur analysis is again soo beautiful.. It describes CSH's plight beautifully!! 

I have always thought the beginning artistic opening shows what is gonna happen in the episode.. 

The first episode, it showed the princess moving in palace n being trapped in the politics of kingdom n comes out n sees a fresh person with a book!! The episode was abt KJH n CSH meeting.. 

Second one a boy raising a shoe to Queen.. It was abt KJH and CSH's status.. KJH can be considered poor boy while CSH is a queen but he still sends help to her as decipted by shoe!! 

Third episode it was Sleeping Beauty n analysis done by @bebebisous33 beautifully!! 

Fourth episode the opening one was a boy n girl surrounded by snakes aka obstacles n KJH n CSH r surrounded by enemies but at the end still they manage to break free as explained by @ahdrianaa..

P. S. Every little thing in this show has meaning to it.. We just need to see it to analyze 

P. S. S. I expected a rating explosion.. But still am happy.. Hoping it would increase by next week!! 

• Like 14

Yay for strong ratings!

I've been noticing that most of the articles and comments on naver are focusing on PBG and how adorable he is (and I agree!). But I just wanted to show SHK some additional love and share this article I came across (it was like a sub-featured article) while browsing naver. It was translated by me, so I apologize if it's not perfect. It also has a nice little character analysis of CSH which I appreciated. I also included some of the comments left by readers below.  

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003354828&cluid=enter_201812062320_00000008

"Encounter" Song Hye Kyo's tears + smile. 'Touching' emotional ending, irreplacable actress.

Sometimes a single look can mean more than a 100 words. So many meanings in a single glance. It leaves a resounding impact on viewers. In this respect, the way Song Hye Kyo acted through her eyes at the end of the 4th episode of the Wed/Thurs tvN drama "Encounter" deserves attention. 

Song Hye Kyo's character in Encounter, Cha Soo Hyun, is a woman who has never once lived a life she has chosen. Even though it seems like she has everything as the CEO of a top hotel company, she is woman who has never been able to express how she truly feels. Every action becomes an issue, and she became the queen of gossip. Her life was not free and emotionless. 

This kind of Cha Soo Hyun met Kim Jin Hyuk, a man who has lived a life completely opposite of hers. When she is with Kim Jin Hyuk, she forgets reality and rediscovers the laughter she had once lost. But she is also fearful as he approaches her. She worries that his life will become complicated because of scandals, that she will have to once again painfully push away another friend she has come to know.

The sleeping Kim Jin Hyuk can sense Cha Soo Hyun's loneliness in her confession. She lived a life where simple things like making friends was a difficult feat. Rather than experience the pain of pushing friends away over and over again, she eventually decided to choose loneliness first instead. 

In the midst of this, Cha Soo Hyun is faced with a sudden problem. Someone posted a rumor about her on the hotel employee forum. Like she has always done before, Cha Soo Hyun goes about her day head strong. But in truth, the stares and attention she receives are difficult for her. In this moment, Kim Jin Hyuk bravely appears in front of her. The way her eyes brim with tears as she stares and smiles at him is a touching moment. 

Song Hye Kyo shared Cha Soo Hyun's emotions and story through her eyes, pulling in the viewers. Cha Soo Hyun was used to enduring everything alone, but was that much lonelier for it. Kim Jin Hyuk's presence becomes a warm comfort for her. As  tears fill her eyes, Cha Soo Hyun's emotions also grow. It is because of the warmth embracing her loneliness. With tears that look like they could fall at any moment, she smiles. Her presence at the end leaves a lasting impression. 

Even without saying much, with a stare, a look, Song Hye Kyo speaks to the viewers. She helps make the end scene that much more special. There should be a greater appreciation for actors who can express so skillfully. Song Hye Kyo, an actress who can express emotions so deeply, we look forward to seeing what else you can show us in the future. 

----------

Comments:

"I'm pulled in by her"

"This is why people say SHK, SHK. CSH fighting!"

"While reading this, I remembered that the director had said he couldn't think of another actress who could express CSH better. From looks, to facial expression, to her gaze, CSH is an exact match with SHK."

"A look that makes me pay attention. I could feel SH's emotions through her gaze, and I laughed and cried along with her. This is SHK's strength."

"SHK is so good! PBG is also a cool boyfriend. Daebak!"

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

I’m totally hooked!

The chemistry between SHK and PBG is 100% :heart: so far, I like where the story is going.

Also, please somebody help me. I’m so desperate. I’ve been trying to find this song since the first episode was released.

I can only type up the lyrics of the song:

”the morning sunrise takes me away 

as i'm staring at the light you hold 

the feeling on the dawn 

will take me on to you

You’re my flower and I’m your bee

You know you keep me alive

You’re my reason for everything I do

The other half of me

Oh take me on down a river

I’ll go wherever it leads you 

Oh take me on into you arms

I’ll go wherever world you’re on”

anybody here who knows the title or artist of the song? I’ve heard it multiple times on different scenes. There is a female version and a male version. This is driving me nuts!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just now, arielly said:

Also, please somebody help me. I’m so desperate. I’ve been trying to find this song since the first episode was released.

I can only type up the lyrics of the song:

”the morning sunrise takes me away 

as i'm staring at the light you hold 

the feeling on the dawn 

will take me on to you

You’re my flower and I’m your bee

You know you keep me alive

You’re my reason for everything I do

The other half of me

Oh take me on down a river

I’ll go wherever it leads you 

Oh take me on into you arms

I’ll go wherever world you’re on”

anybody here who knows the title or artist of the song? I’ve heard it multiple times on different scenes. There is a female version and a male version. This is driving me nuts!

same here! i wanna know :) thanks much for the lyrics @arielly!

• Like 5

[Boyfriend] Ep 4 spoilers, Park Bo Gum x Song Hye Gyo

boy.png

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Song Hye Gyo towards Park Bo Gum's sincere confession, "dangerous words"  

1. [+841,-216]
Looking at how Jang Seung Jo's lines were written, the problem lies with the scriptwriter's capabilities. 

2. [+867,-353]
It's really boring. I was expecting too much. 

3. [+795,-312]
Seriously, is this drama really interesting? It's the first time I gave up watching a drama. The lines are cheesy, it's not like Park Bo Gum has narcolepsy, but he fell asleep suddenly.... For your reference, it would still be worth watching if you watch it without sound. 

4. [+485,-131]
No, but they added in so many PPLs and are being obvious about it. It's not only once or twice that the drink appeared. Go Chang Suk last episode too. Did you write the script with money in mind? 

5. [+266,-43]
To raise the ratings, Song Hye Gyo probably has to build a hotel in Urk, or Park Bo Gum quit his job, move to Sangmum-dong to play a game of Go.. This won't do if the story goes on like that. 

6. [+291,-75]
I'm a fan of Song Hye Gyo and Park Bo Gum, but the scene where Park Bo Gum suddenly fell asleep beside her, she continued to talk. But he wakes up as soon as she finishes speaking! What is this? Even aspiring writers won't write that way!! Scriptwriter, are you crazy? Middle school students would write better than you. I turned the channel immediately after watching this scene!

7. [+338,-146]
Song Hye Gyo's acting and tone is always the same. I'm a little disappointed. 

8. [+389,-210]
Park Bo Gum is smiling in every situation. It's not like he's a fool. Seriously, I can't get immersed because of Park Bo Gum's acting. 

9. [+194,-34]
Just get Song Joong Ki to appear and say, "I came to end this war!" and end! (There's no end when it comes to fun times. tvN) [t/n: tvN's slogan before and after a drama~]

Spoiler

encounter.png

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum's  confession to Song Hye Gyo.. Jang Seung Jo jealous  

1. [+2143,-190]
A frontal breakthrough. Park Bo Gum, the straightforward man, he's so cool and handsome. 

2. [+1507,-106]
The car accident scene left me saying, "huk", but the ending is really.. wow, seriously.. Don Quixote, straightforward man, Park Bo Gum. My heart, stop overreacting!!! How am I supposed to wait for a week? 

3. [+1069,-63]
He's so cool. I teared up too. 

4. [+928,-72]
Why is Park Bo Gum so cool? My heart fluttered so much. He's a real man. He's cool. Bo Gum, Bo Gum. 

5. [+749,-51]
Park Bo Gum is so cool. Straightforward man is so handsome. Boyfriend fighting. 

6. [+468,-29]
It's about not leaving you alone. Calling the CEO like that, he turned the rumors and those photos into something insignificant. He's not adding to Cha Soo Hyun's burdens who is in a completely different world. He walks another step closer towards her. Cha Soo Hyun is still afraid of someone entering her world, but her heart flutters, and she's thankful. Those eyes were so good. I'm complimenting the scriptwriter today. I really like it. 

7. [+326,-11]
Soo Hyun's eyes filled with complex emotions, happiness, worry, relief, consolation. Jin Hyuk's narration. That's right. That's right... This is enough... 

8. [+278,-9]
Ha, Park Bo Gum.. At the ending, Jin Hyuk marks the beginning of his Don Quixote days. 

cr

• Like 10

here's to us as we sashay our way into the weekend (when most of the lovely times our protagonists share the loveliest) and into Ep 5.

i just googled the lyrics and English trans to this song that started it all

and well i just have to pull my Spanish 1 & 2 --  ¡ Ayi mi corazón!

SI LLEGO A BESARTE

Composed by Luis Casas Romero

Performed here by Omara Portuondo

If I Manage to Kiss You

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/si-llego-besarte-if-i-manage-kiss-you.html

They say that your caresses
will never1 be mine ...
that your loving arms
will never embrace me...

And I dreamed last night
that you loved me
And even if I died afterwards
I want to kiss you.

Give me a kiss and forget
that you kissed me
I would give you my life
if you asked for it.

For if I manage to kiss you
as I have dreamed,
it would be impossible
for you to forget me.

Give me a kiss and forget
that you kissed me
I'd give you my life
if you asked for it.

For if I manage to kiss you
as I have dreamed,
it would be impossible
for you to forget me

And here the FMV with our brave and beautiful CSH &  KJH . --

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

logo_076_6_20170111151211.jpg?20181129_1

"I do not loneliness" "Boyfriend" Song Hye-gyo ♥ Park Bo-gum 4 times in a row "No. 1 on all channels"

[Sports Chosun Yoo, a reporter] tvN 'boyfriend' proved the power of 'authentic melo'. Song Hye Kyo - Park Soul Sword This is a prelude to a thrill filled with an ambulatory theater with a breathtaking romance and a breathtaking ending that taps into the heart as it repeats itself. 

The average rating of 'Boyfriend' was the highest among all channels including terrestrial channels for the fourth consecutive time, with an average rate of 9.3% and a maximum of 10.6% for pay-TV platforms that integrated cable, IPTV and satellite. The TVN target (male and female 2049) also recorded an average 5.7%, 6.4%, and ranked first with all channels, revealing the majesty of the drama drama. (Pay-per-view platform nationwide / Nielsen Korea provided 

) The 4th TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-ae / director Park Shin-woo / production studio dragon) Suh Hyun-kyu (Park Bo-gammin) and Suhyun who pushes such a dilemma were drawn and focused attention. In particular, Jin-hyeok captured the attention of viewers with a dignified man who courageously handed out his hand for Suhyun in trouble.

Suhyun was afraid of the street because he could not hear the truth about Jinhyuk that he had come to see him.However, I was tired of going to myself all night and I was so tired of falling asleep to Jinhyuk, "It's a painful thing to get away with a good friend in the morning, so I'm going to quit." At that time, Jinhyeok was awake, realizing that Suhyeon's words and actions to push him out were not true, and he continued to reveal his mind as he took Suhyun's birthday and settled the car accident. In particular, Jung Hyuk, who said, "I think it is meaningful even for a very short time that a person likes a person, it is not a curious joke." Soo Hyun also attracted attention with the appearance that he could not push such a push easily. 

Soo hyun came to the edge of the cliff by the scheme of Kim Hee-jang (Cha-hyeon-yeon) and Choi (Choi Sung-geun) while revealing the true heart of two people towards each other. Kim had asked Hye-in (ex-son) to ask Suhyeon and Jinhyuk for gossip on the company's anonymous bulletin board, but Hye-in denied it. On behalf of Hye-in, the head of the public relations team (Kim Ho-chang) grabbed the hands of Kim-Choi-Choi and posted a message that 'Chae Soo-hyun should stop.' This caused the company to become cluttered with Su-Hyun's gossip.

However, with the courageous cry of Jin-hyeok, Su-hyeon's succumbing to Suhyun fell in a moment. Suhyeon scandal urged the clarification of articles and bulletin board, surrounded by Choi, Choi and employees, the emergence of Jinhyeok like a black knight. At the same time, "I have some money, I'll buy it today, so go eat with me," he said, scandal. Sohyeon showed tears and swaying eyes, but he did not let his gaze look like a thankful smile. 

Especially at this time, the sound of Suhyeon and Jinhyeok's minds drove viewers to become more submerged. In the sound of Suhyun 's mind that he should not come any more, Jinhyuk decided to go to the world where you stand alone. Do not ask what this feeling is. I do not know yet. I am not going to leave you alone. That's it, "he replied, doubling the heart. There is a growing interest in how these relationships will change in the future.

On the other hand, interest in Woo Suk (Jang Seung Jo) who is headed for Suhyun is attracting attention. Woosuk picked Suhyun's birthday present and went to the place instead of a long-lived Taojongbag who said he could not deliver the picture to Suhyeon's hotel and persuaded him. Also, if you do a reunion with (Suhyun), who will make Suhyun difficult, you do not do anything. Do not do anything, and this is the last time, and if you do, I will live my life. "Furthermore, the vice chairman is drawn to Wooseok's anger on an anonymous bulletin board, raising the question of how he will influence the relationship between Suhyun and Jinhyuk. 

Like this, 'Boyfriend' is making the hearts of viewers flutter with the romance of Suhyeon and Jinhyeok which are getting bigger and bigger toward each other.Since then, various social networks and online communities have supported the romance of two people, "Feeling that every one of my ambassadors is warm", "It seems to be the heart of a heartfelt melodramatic heart! ! "," I want to be in love all the time, "" I feel like I have a feeling of resurrection, "" It is better to chew this ending, "and" How can I wait another week? ". 

On the other hand, tvN 'boyfriend' is an emotional melodrama that starts with an accidental meeting of Suhyeon, who never lived the life he chose, and free and clear soul devotion. It is broadcast every Wednesday and Thursday night at 9:30.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003354827&rankingType=default&rankingDate=20181207

• Like 8

JH you're the man!

The best way to savour the beauty of this drama is to ignore the ratings and comments. I think, viewers are not yet ready for this kind of approach. 

Here, Every word, detail, action has a reason, a meaning, a deeper meaning. And they are significant to one another. In fact, when the car plate number of SH was focused , i jotted it down, idk why for now.

Maybe the writer loves art and literature so much, she used this approach in the drama. From the animation, JH loves of books, Namsan library,the Yearning, the book, the art exhibit....

When i was younger with 20/20 vision, books were my refuge. So for those who said some lines of JH are cheesy, i disagree . When you are a reader, poetry imbibes in you.

now, the waiting is real, whether SH will choose what she already have and had over with what she never have and always wanted to have.

Oh, i appreciated the post on greek mythology.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

@icyphoenix

I think the article is misleading and many people don't know that Encounter airs 30 minutes earlier than other dramas. So by the time other dramas air their 2nd part/episode, Encounter is already done , that explains the increase in ratings for other dramas.

If you watch live, you will realize there are more advertisements for this week episodes than last and we all know why.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2