[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Just seen the 1st episode it was decent! It wasn't boring but some scenes did drag! I actually didn't mind bogum's hair but I didn't like that shk's hair is too short :/ if they wanted it short shoulder length would have been better! 

Fav scene was the sleeping on shoulder one it was cute and their little 'date night' was sweet. She was already doing things she wouldn't do within 5 mins of meeting him! He will definitely break down the walls she has put up! But him grinning every 5 secs was abit :/ it was too much! And her talking about the photo and how he wouldn't have had that picture in his hotel was quite snooty although probably unintentional but I didn't like that comment. Overall Good episode will wait for 2nd ep to be subbed! 

Also am I the only who was hoping they didn't meet at the airport? They should have left it at him waiting for her and then he leaves... And then meet in Korea at the conference/meeting thing(saw a clip of ep2) without him knowing who she was? It would have been abit more impactful! Or is that too cliched? Lol

P.s Great ratings for 1st episode!!

• Like 4

The second episode was as good as the first one. CSH's mother is as despicable as JW's mother. Both are using their children. With the news about the date, the mother is now trying to ensure that CSH cuts ties with JH. I guess, CSH will push him away so that he doesn't get hurt. But this will be temporary.  

• Like 8

#Encounter - #Boyfriend : 10.3%1f44f-1f3fc.png1f44f-1f3fc.png

https://twitter.com/NetizenDrama/status/1068270425245925376

ttdfq5cf9zjt.gif

tb9HMej.gif

Nationwide : 10.329% Seoul : 12.868%

DtNDGQxW0AE4iYD.jpgDtNDGQkXcAAlhlw.jpg

PREVIEW

JH – I am not that happy because I saw a different world.
SH – I am not going to let Mom drag me and sell me again.
JH – CEO, lets go to the sea!
SH – Are you a monster? Why are you making a good hardworking guy a stalker?
JH – Do you have to finish up meeting as friends also?
SH – It still hurts to keep my distance again. So, that is why I want to quit now.

cr https://www.dramamilk.com/encounter-episode-2-live-recap/

• Like 15

"Boring, awkward, age gap" lots of comments i've read in this drama.  Many reasons for these.  Song Hye Kyo is Song Joong Ki's wife and Joong Ki is Bo Gum's close friend.  For PBG to express his attraction to Hye Kyo in this drama, he has to set aside their current real relationships.  He has to immerse himself to his character and look up to her as just another beautiful mature actress.  I remember Secret Love Affair and Something in the Rain.  These are both May-December affair dramas but turned out to be beatifully executed, passionate and sensous.  Can PBG kiss SHK passionately in this drama?  Can he express deep emotions through his gaze and facial expressions to his leading lady? 

I'm hoping this is not a mismatch.  I love both of them, really.  They are both good looking but the audience can't fantazise with them because of their true relationship.  Maybe if Song Hye Kyo is still single like before and not in a relationship with SJK, apart from the fact that she just recently got married, their love team might work.  Still, I trust that they can pull this through.  This is a test on how great these two actors are.

• Like 3

Congratulations to us "Encounters". :D

I'm gonna post my tweet(I'm lazy right now to upload pictures *sigh*)

This is something I noticed while watching the show. I had to watch the opening/intro again to see what they mean.

I must say, I am Amazed.

Spoiler

The first picture (opening of Ep1) shows the guy, standing up to meet the lady. It tells us about their meeting/interaction in Cuba.

Now look at the Second opening for Ep 2.

Spoiler

She is the queen (CEO/boss)0, which tells us of her position/ rank in the system/ society.

We see the Guy with the shoe, rising up (he was kneeling) and standing straight while lifting the shoe towards the queen. This could signify him acknowledging who she is (CEO/boss) to him, the respect for her but also not being afraid to face her (him standing straight).

Also notice in the second pictures, we see 3 figures by the side watching. By their dressing, we can tell they are also high in rank. They could be the Society, The Public & Media watching the queen and the man and maybe plotting for their downfall (which I believe will come in Ep 3).

I wonder what the writer has in Store for us in Ep 3.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

[Boyfriend/Encounter] Ep 2 spoilers, Park Bo Gum & Song Hye Gyo
Ratings: 10.3%

boyfriend2.png

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Song Hye Gyo · Park Bo Gum, trip to the rest stop together rumors, both 'embarrassed'  

1. [+1987,-53]
Who was that? Who was the one who made our Jin Hyuk so taken aback?! No, but is it a bad thing to eat ramyeon at a rest stop?!

2. [+1673,-89]
Today's episode is really interesting. ㅋㅋㅋ I got to see a new side of Park Bo Gum. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+1305,-54]
Park Bo Gum is so cute, Song Hye Gyo is so pretty~ The atmosphere was great. But the paparazzi, seriously.. 

4. [+1026,-47]
Time just flew by today. I really like that I got to see many different sides of Park Bo Gum from the shining Jin Hyuk to the drunk Jin Hyuk. I think next week's story is going to be heartbreaking. ㅠㅠ

5. [+1015,-47]
Park Bo Gum is going to get a ramyeon CF. He's so cute and handsome. 

6. [+482,-41]
This is really getting more interesting.. To be honest, I like the actors, but I wasn't looking forward to this because of the scriptwriter. I wasn't looking forward to yesterday's episode too. I thought if today's episode is boring, I'm going to stop watching it, but the latter half of the episode is fun.... Please don't say that it's boring when you didn't even watch it. If you had the time to write these negative comments, at least finish watching episode 2 before saying anything. It's really interesting. 

7. [+284,-7]
What's with this drama? They kept filming their smiles, so I continued to watch this. 

8. [+277,-10]
This is much more interesting than yesterday's episode. My heart fluttered so much. ㅠㅠㅠ

bf2.png

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Song Hye Gyo finds Park Bo Gum in her hotel... secretly happy  

1. [3107,-301]
I smiled watching it. 

2. [+1993,-276]
It's fun.. My heart fluttered. ㅠㅜㅜㅜㅋㅋㅋㄱㅋ

3. [+1580,-27]
You'd be eliminated immediately if you write your resume like that. To add, even if this is a drama, he doesn't know who's the owner of the company he's applying for. That's not realistic at all. It's like applying for Hotel Shilla but not knowing who Lee Boo Jin is. 
- [+223,-11]
The scriptwriter didn't try to live life as an office worker and has never ever written a resume. It's also obvious that she has never attended an interview. Which company's CEO would go and meet new employees? It's not realistic, I thought it was a drama filming a drama~
- [+92,-4]
Why is everyone watching this so seriously?
- [+126,-8]
Please just watch this drama as a drama. If you're going to pick on every detail, just don't watch it. 

4. [+1108,-88]
She goes out and works with Park Bo Gum.. When she comes home, there's Song Joong Ki. I'm envious. 

5. [+826,-495]
Getting Song Hye Gyo and Park Bo Gum to film this drama? Ha.. 

6. [+341,-26]
I find this interesting. I'm going to keep watching it. 

7. [+313,-68]
The company's President reads an employee's resume and went to the playground alone that's mentioned in the resume. She sat on the swing, and they went to play with the claw machine when they meet each other. What President has so much time on their hands and is so innocent? 

8. [+396,-151]
They shouldn't have made her the President of a company, but just a rich family's daughter. What's this? The President of a company picking up an employee.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋ

9. [+342,-113]
Ah, I couldn't finish it because it's too cheesy.. The two are just, "I'm acting"

10. [+378,-154]
The scriptwriter's standard is really.. And the ability to pick good scripts..

cr

• Like 7

Loved episode 2, although I'm laughing at the netizens' comments about a CEO meeting with employees, etc. I'm sure it's not that realistic, but what it told me is that Soo Hyun runs the hotel with a personal touch and that is exactly what made it go from a failure to a great success. You could see that in the way she asked after her employee's mother and told him not to add extra tables because the comfort of patrons came first. Same with the questions he was answering, which clearly were trying to get at what drives each employee and how they can contribute to the warm atmosphere of the hotel.

Anyway, Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun's interaction were gold this episode. PBG did an amazing job playing drunk, and it's adorable how SHK melts around him when she has to stay buttoned up everywhere. But like I said, I like that she clearly isn't an ice queen. She's very empathic in her daily life, she's just been controlled by both her family and her ex's. I definitely wasn't expecting the paparazzi(?) or the scene at the end, though! That felt like something that would come around episode 8, so I'm on the edge of my seat wondering how they'll resolve this.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

âEncounterâ Soars To Double-Digit Ratings In Impressive Time, âThe Last Empressâ Follows Closely

“Encounter” Soars To Double-Digit Ratings In Impressive Time, “The Last Empress” Follows Closely

Nov 30, 2018
by E. Kang

tvN’s “Encounter” has surpassed 10 percent in viewership ratings in just two episodes!

For its November 29 episode, “Encounter” recorded 10.3 percent with a peak at 11.9 percent in viewership according to Nielsen Korea. It was first in its time slot again across both cable and public broadcasting channels.

Not only did “Encounter” hit this milestone in impressive time, but its November 29 viewership is also already the eighth highest rating in tvN drama history.

Among tvN’s target audience of those in their 20s-40s, the drama marked an average viewership of 6.3 percent with a peak at 7.2 percent.

SBS’s “The Last Empress’ also saw high viewership, recording 7.6 percent and 9.3 percent during its November 29 broadcast. First among dramas airing on public broadcasting channels, it hit a peak of 12 percent. Among those in their 20s-40s, it brought in ratings of 1.8 percent and 2.8 percent.

MBC’s “Children of Nobody” followed with viewership ratings of 3.9 percent and 4.7 percent, while KBS2’s “Feel Good to Die” recorded 2.8 percent and 3.3 percent.

Check out the latest “Encounter” episode below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1271397wpp/encounter-soars-double-digit-ratings-impressive-time-last-empress-follows-closely

Spoiler

NH9gER.jpg

• Like 9

OMG ive never agreed more with knetizens before. Park Bo Gum is sooo sooo good looking that its sooo distracting whenever he smiles and OMG he keeps smiling every few minutes i hate it!! :joy: The whole 2 episodes were like CF of PBG smiling. All I could think of while watching from the lady buying apples was that oh yeah if ive ever seen a good looking guy like PBG trying to sell me apples i'd definitely buy it HAHAH orr when he was introduced to the office saying he was the most handsome guy out of new interns i was like yep yep couldnt agree more orrr when knet say why would a president go after a new intern i was like dude if an intern is THAT good looking like PBG who wouldn't?? 

But putting his look aside, i dont think hes portraying very well the character. Its just soo.. awkward - whatever the jin hyuk did from talking to his parents to friends to Song Hye Kyo. Everything the guy did is just awkward (plus normal people dont smile that much lol) except for when he got drunk that was GOLD! Since im a fan of PBG im blaming either the writer or director cause he did soo well portraying different characters in the past, while jin hyuk is supposedly an easy character. The character is not innocent but naive for giving an interview like that seriously though how can he can get a job with that?

Talking about Song Hye Kyo, shes beautiful as always! From Won Bin to Kang Dong Won to Hyun Bin to Jo In Sung to Song Joong Ki to Park Bo Gum she has worked with ALL of them but its pretty amazing how she looks good pairing with anyone. But again the writing man. Cant they put more effort effort in the conversations between JH and SH instead of having them smiling at each other and the odd music in the background? Like the scene at claw machine was so cringe, awkward and no chemistry at all. The only scene i like was when they were drunk their acting really saved the script honestly.

I feel like this drama is kind of slow and gives a vibe of Noona who buys me food, which I dropped after a few episodes. So these 2 are types of drama that people either hate or love. But with Encounter since I love PBG so much I can only hope that the drama and script and his acting as well as SHK's will get betterrrrr. Because ill defs keep watching bc of their visuals hehe.

• Like 9

I think i missed the paparazzi article last night. Surprised to see this part coming. But it's make sense since CSH popular as celebrity in this drama. This paparazzi article sure be the main topic in episode 3.

The preview of 3rd episode, really make me curious. Looks like CSH's ex-husband really love CSH that's why in the preview he seem to follow CSH and KJH and he see CHS smile make him a little upset maybe or he should be happy seeing the girl he loves found her happiness??. Also in the preview CHS said she won't let her mom sell her again, looks like those two ahjumma really need to stop to pair CHS and her ex-husband. On the top of that I'm so curious about how the PR team reaction after saw the article, the guy in the article is KJH.

Have to wait for 7 days to know what will happen next. 

The 2nd episode reach two digits rating, daeebaaak. And the knetz reaction also funny, well the second episode really fun to watch no wonder everyone take it in fun way 

@twtwb i really like your review. Count me in as your fan ❤️

• Like 12