[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@dukesa1122 LOL! I’m holding steadfast to my belief that there are Cuba footages hidden in a vault somewhere! :lol: And yes, the mystery of the hands. It’s time to go to Havana and interview witnesses

@gumtaek thanks for sharing! Hopefully someone can translate his interview soon

ETA: whoops! Someone already did. Thanks @khxy

• Like 10

I had a fever yesterday and got myself medical leave until today, planning to fill my time by watching new dramas..and here I am...I got boring as soon as I  did that and came back to Encounter...rerun all my favorite episodes all again..aigooooo...I gave up trying to move on, now back to rewatch my favorite scenes from Encounter again and again...wanna guess which scenes are in my list???:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

@gumtaek

I almost scream with gladness when you posted Encounter’s Post Drama Interview by PBG.

Yeah, finally he had Encounter’s Post Drama Interview.

I really wanna know his thought about Encounter, KJH, and working with our CSH by SHK.

Google translate

=======

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003374103

[포토] 박보검 '쑥스러운 미소'

[Photo] Park Bo Gum's motional smile'

The actor Park Bo-gum of the drama 'Boyfriend' is posing in an interview at a cafe in Sinsa-dong, Seoul on the 28th. 'Boyfriend' is a romance drama that begins with Cha Byoung Hyun, who has never lived his chosen life, and the accidental encounter of Kim Jin-hyuk, a free and clear soul. Kim Kyung Min reporter kyungmin@sportschosun.com /2019.01.28/

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002757780

hhs422@mtstarnews.com

'남자친구' 박보검 "송혜교와 이야기 잘 통해..12살 나이차 느껴지지 않았다"(인터뷰①)

'Boyfriend' Park Boygum "Song Hye Kyo and talks well .. 12 years old did not feel" (Interview ①)

Actor Park Bo-gum expressed his impression that he met Song Hye-kyo at 'Boyfriend'.

On the afternoon of May 28, Park had an interview with a TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-a, directed by Park Shin-woo) at a cafe in Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.

'Boyfriend' is a thrilling melodrama that started with a casual encounter between Suhyun (Song Hye-kyo), who has never lived his chosen life, and a free and clear soul evil (bamboo sword).

Park played the role of Kim Jin-hyuk, a pure young man, who lives a normal life of happiness and preciousness among the black drama. As a daughter of a politician, she was able to breathe melody with Song Hye-kyo of her former daughter-in-law, daughter-in-law Chae Suhyeon, who could not live her own life for a moment.

"I was able to concentrate on Kim Jin-hyuk because he painted the character of Cha-Soo Hyun well," said Hye-gyo.

Born in 1993, Born in 1981, Song Hye-kyo and 12-year-old jumped across the gap and laid a love story.

"I could not talk enough about the difference between my seniors and my age," said Suh Hyun Lee and Jinhyuk Lee.

Song Jung-ki's feedback was "He was too busy shooting the next chronicle, Astral Chronicle, so there was no big feedback."

"I wanted to show young people more than boys," he said, pointing out that he was expressing his love more actively as he progressed.

Regarding the setting that Jeonghyeok is like "Cheongpoda Island", "Jeongpoddo has a sweet, sweet and tasteless flavor in the fruit. I was wondering how to show it by acting." "I went to Cuba and performed with Song Hye Kyo, "He said.

It was also a hot topic to show the early hairstyle of the early stage. "I did not know that my head would get the attention of a lot of people," he said. "I thought it was difficult to shoot long hair and manage it, but I thought it would match up with Jinhyuk."

[인터뷰②]'남자친구' 박보검 "송혜교와 나이 차이? 이야기 잘 통해"

본문듣기 설정

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003374111

The actor Park Bo-gum of the drama 'Boyfriend' is posing in an interview at a cafe in Sinsa-dong, Seoul on the 28th. 'Boyfriend' is a romance drama that begins with Cha Byoung Hyun, who has never lived his chosen life, and the accidental encounter of Kim Jin-hyuk, a free and clear soul. Kim Kyung Min reporter kyungmin@sportschosun.com /2019.01.28/
Park Bo gum replied, "The story was good with good" about the age difference with Song Hye-kyo in 'Boyfriend'.

Park bak had an interview on TVN drama 'Boyfriend' at a cafe in Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul on the 28th.

"I did not have enough stories to feel that," he smiled, saying (emotionally) that shooting was not difficult.

He said, "I played Kim Yu-jung with Kim Yu-jung, and this time with Song Hye-kyo," he said. "Are not you two acting seniors?" He said, "It was hard for Yu-jeong to meet with many people in hot weather. I heard the voice of Song Hye-gyo (voice) when I read "I thought I should study a lot."

The drama 'Boyfriend' is a daughter of a politician and a casual encounter of a former jaebeol daughter-in-law Chae-hyun Song (Song Hye-kyo) who can not live her own life for a moment and a genuine young man Kim Jin-hyuk It is a romance drama that shakes life. Song Hye-kyo received a keen interest in broadcasting since he was a return artist for two years after each of his films, "Dawn of the Sun," and "Park Moon".

'Boyfriend', who played Park Bo Gum 's last 24th.

===========

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003167946

'남자친구' 박보검 "송혜교와 나이차이 안 느껴져, 송중기 조언無" [MD인터뷰]

"I felt grateful that I could finish it safely. I can give thanks to the viewers and fans who watched the drama until the end. "He said.

He said, "I was surprised to be accompanied by HyeKyo, and I was able to concentrate because I was able to take care of him and delicately portray the characters."

He also said, "I did not have enough stories to feel the difference between my seniors and my age, so I figured out that Jinhyeok is a character and I understood each other well so I took it smoothly."

Park expressed his character and said, "I think it is a positive thing to me but I do not value the happiness that comes from money and honor, but I think it is a special person who can appreciate what I have in my surroundings."

"I did not feel difficult or burdened in expressing my work," he said.

Especially, I received much interest as a member of Park Bo Gum and Song Jung-Ki.

He said, "I did not have much to say. I am afraid he is busy shooting the Astral Chronicles."

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Encounter’s Post Drama interviews by PBG 28 Jan 2019 

google translate

'남자친구' 박보검 "군대 때 되면 갈 것, 늦지 않게 입대 예정" [MD인터뷰]

http://m.mydaily.co.kr/new/read.php?newsid=201901281145279753

[My Daily, reporter Myung Hee Sook] Actor Park Bo-gum revealed his thoughts about enlistment.

"I am grateful that you are cheering me up and loving me," said Park. "I am very grateful for the popularity of Idol in the TV interview"

My Boyfriend ", a cable channel in Gangnam - gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the afternoon.

"I know that such popularity and love are not forever, and I am willing to give them as much love as I have received," he said.

He also said that time will pass fast. Next year I will twenty-seven years old (International 26) and I realized that the time was fast."

The adults said they had nothing wrong with it.

He said, "I am thankful that I can feel happiness while I am working because I like to work. It is most precious, I felt my work, but last year it passed quickly to me. I realized that I am a friend of Jinhyuk who appreciates the happiness of small everyday life and I also look back. "

Park also said candid opinion about enlistment.

He said, "I have to go to the military when the time comes. I have an idea that I want to go without delay."

[Photo: Kim Seongjin reporter ksjksj0829@mydaily.co.kr]

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=001&aid=0010605179

'남자친구' 박보검 "청년이 남자로 거듭나는 모습 담았죠"

'Boyfriend' Park Boygum "I have a picture of a young man regenerating as a man"

(Seoul-Yonhap News) Lee Jung-hyun commented, "I wanted to show young people, rather than boys, and the young man becoming a real man."

Actor Park Bo-gum (25) explained his project to Kim Jin-hyuk, who recently played in the TVN drama "Boyfriend" He has always been a "younger brother of the people." He has recently appeared in a variety of CFs, including long-haired moods and challenging melodramas.

In an interview at a cafe in Sinsa-dong on December 28, he said, "I feel sorry for any work, but this is my first contemporary drama. I felt a lot of pressure and I wanted to do well." "I tried to show the actively expressing love "He said.

Jinhyeok, who is a man in 'Boyfriend', was a man like Don Quixote who called Suhyeon (Song Hye Kyo), who was trapped in the castle, to the outside world. However, according to the explanation of Park Bo Gum, Jinhyeok was not a dull Don Quixote, but a strong person inside.

"It's Don Quixote, but it's more of a center-and-centered person than a friend who expresses such an emotional feeling with action, dialogue, and expression, but even if you do not have that much, you know the importance of small things and have confidence.

It's a weapon, a person who thinks more about my people than the happiness of money and honor, and loves and takes care of it. "

About Jeong Hyeok's nickname, "CheongPoDo", "CheongPoDo is sweet, refreshing, and slightly tasteless, but I was wondering how to play that flavor.

Park explained that Jinhyeok and himself are different.

He said, "It is similar to Jinhyeok and Jinhyeok to think of the other person's mind first, but Jinhyeok expresses a lot of direct and positive expressions. I learned a lot. "

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20190128113022464?f=m

'Boyfriend' Park Boygum "Breathing with Song Hye Kyo, I did not feel the age" [EN: Interview]

Park Bo gum expressed his feeling of breathing with Song Hye-kyo through 'Boyfriend'.

Park Bo Gum interviewed the end of the TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-ae / Director Park Shin-woo) on the morning of January 28th in Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.

"Thank you for being able to finish it safely. I want to give you my opinion, "he said.

Through  'boyfriend', he played with the actress Song Hye Kyo.

How about the impression with Song Hye Kyo?

He said, "I was surprised to have been with Hyegyo once, and it seemed that you were able to concentrate on Kim Jin-hyuk's character because he was able to take care of you well and express his character.

There is a 'Song Jung Ki' between Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo. Song Hye Kyo and Song Ji Ki are the couple.

Park Bo Gum and Song Junggi are close friends who are in one agency. There is also an evaluation that the relationship between the two people, including the age difference, is not easy.

Interviewer asked, "I want to ask you, did you ask Song Joong Ki about chemistry?" Park laughed. "I did not ask anything about it," "He was busy shooting the Astral Chronicles."

There was also a story about the age difference with Song Hye Kyo. He said, "I did not have enough stories to feel the difference between me and my senior, and I thought that the person Jinhyeok and Suhyeon also understood each other very well.

What did you learn from Song Hye-kyo? He said, "I have felt a lot of studying and studying so I can hear the ambassadors of Song Hye Kyo without knowing it because I have acted with a lot of experience and a lot of experience through many works during that time.

20190128113023040vqpp.jpg이미지 크게 보기

[뉴스엔 글 김예은 기자/사진 장경호 기자]

• Like 7
  • Love 5

I hope we get a clearer translation on PBG’s interview. Googles translation is frying my brain cells :sweatingbullets:

@roshzanna @NongpeeP

I watched it again. And the part that made it confusing was on Epi 16 with CSH talking to Sec Jang. She might have meant they will be inviting the same orchestra they hired on NYE party, thats why CSH asked Sec Jang to check the NYE invitation list again to make sure everyone got an invite.... however I dont recall any orchestra on NYE party, unless they meant the band who performed the Havan-like music.

Scenes on Episode 16:

Spoiler

F2-F2-FAE7-6422-4-BA1-BA41-D5-C2-FA53366

902-E670-C-0-BB8-416-C-B99-F-08716-C5-D0

3917-B3-D6-6351-425-A-AD4-D-6-E3948-B48-

But this is the translation on Episode 15 with CSH and Mgr Kim:

Spoiler

D6220132-F44-C-405-A-8801-F647-F9-B993-C

B19-FAE24-6-DD3-4-DCB-AC6-D-1-FD56349-F7

@bubblechoco

chingu, can you help out with the translation? Pretty please? :wub:

@stardustvoid @redbeanbuns

For sure they are holding hands but I think KJH’s arm is resting on CSH’s thighs. :heart:

@angelmas

feel better chingu! It’s Monday from where I am at. You get to pass the Monday craze. Haha! I am watching the Cuba scene ATM 

2-FEF5-B41-B5-A9-46-C0-86-A2-102-E5496-A

:wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 11

10 minutes ago, Cheryl295 said:

Chingus, please use Papago translator for Koreans. It's a lot better than google translate. 

Thanks for this!

Park Bo Gum Reveals His Dating Style, BTSâs Comments About âEncounter,â And More

Park Bo Gum Reveals His Dating Style, BTS’s Comments About “Encounter,” And More

Jan 28, 2019
by U. Kim

On January 28, Park Bo Gum sat down for an interview about his recent drama “Encounter” and talked about acting with Song Hye Kyo, his dating style, what his friend BTS’s V had to say about “Encounter,” and more.

Regarding Song Hye Kyo, he said, “First of all, it was amazing that I got to work with her. She treated me very well and portrayed her character Cha Soo Hyun so skillfully that I could completely focus on my own role as Kim Jin Hyuk,” and added, “She’s a senior compared to me so there was a lot to learn from her. There weren’t any difficulties on set. I could tell that she had accumulated a lot of experience through her previous works.”

When asked if Song Hye Kyo’s husband Song Joong Ki told him anything, Park Bo Gum answered, “He didn’t say anything in particular. I think he was busy filming for ‘Asadal.'” 

Moving on to Park Bo Gum’s role in “Encounter,” he described Kim Jin Hyuk as “someone who knows the value behind the small things, rather than someone like Don Quijote who acts recklessly.” He explained, “I think he’s a very special person. He’s someone who knows how to return the love that he receives. That’s why it wasn’t difficult or stressful to play this role.”

He shared his thoughts on his character Kim Jin Hyuk who has a very straightforward style of dating. He said, “In my case, I would be more careful. I’m similar with him in terms of the way I think about my significant other, but Jin Hyuk is more expressive. I express my feelings too, but I also feel like it could be taken as too much. We have different dating styles in that I think more about how the other person feels, even though we both express our feelings.”

Park Bo Gum is known for his close friendship with BTS’s V. Asked if V had watched “Encounter,” Park Bo Gum explained that V couldn’t watch the episodes that were broadcasted around the end of last year because he was too busy. He added, “But the BTS members personally told me their thoughts about the drama. I was really thankful that they took time out of their busy schedule and gave me some feedback.”

In terms of plans for future projects, Park Bo Gum said, “I haven’t been able to look over very many scenarios. I’m thinking I’ll probably choose a role that’s the complete opposite of Kim Jin Hyuk for my next one.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1299365wpp/park-bo-gum-reveals-dating-style-btss-comments-encounter

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, khxy said:

During the interview, Bo Gum asked the journalists " When you were watching our drama, did we really not have chemistry?"

His frank question created an atmosphere during interview

Oh wow, how could he think they have no chemistry? Their chemistry is explosive! Lol

I wonder how the journalists reacted to this?

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

16 hours ago, winter spring summer said:

I can't think of dramas with the same feel as this except the old classic dramas from the 90's to early 2000's. 

This will probably also be a classic twenty years down the road :)

There's no year-end awards for TVN so I hope they attend the Baeksang Arts Awards and the Korea Drama Awards this year. 

You might be right. I feel like Encounter really had that pure classic romance that hasn't been made for quite a while now. It has that sort of realistic set to it without much of the fancy effects that although CSH was rich and well-known so to say, the drama avoided the lavish possible effects of those. Even their trials weren't exaggerated as well. It was just the meeting of two people who fell in love, that's it. 

Encounter will definitely stay with for a long time. 

Huh. I hope they attend those at least then or there would be no reuniting for this couple in a looong time:bawling:

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cheryl295 said:

Chingus, please use Papago translator for Koreans. It's a lot better than google translate. 

@Cheryl295

Thank you so much. Just downloaded and will try soon. 

55 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Thanks for this!

Park Bo Gum Reveals His Dating Style, BTS’s Comments About “Encounter,” And More

Jan 28, 2019
by U. Kim

On January 28, Park Bo Gum sat down for an interview about his recent drama “Encounter” and talked about acting with Song Hye Kyo, his dating style, what his friend BTS’s V had to say about “Encounter,” and more.

Regarding Song Hye Kyo, he said, “First of all, it was amazing that I got to work with her. She treated me very well and portrayed her character Cha Soo Hyun so skillfully that I could completely focus on my own role as Kim Jin Hyuk,” and added, “She’s a senior compared to me so there was a lot to learn from her. There weren’t any difficulties on set. I could tell that she had accumulated a lot of experience through her previous works.”

When asked if Song Hye Kyo’s husband Song Joong Ki told him anything, Park Bo Gum answered, “He didn’t say anything in particular. I think he was busy filming for ‘Asadal.'” 

Moving on to Park Bo Gum’s role in “Encounter,” he described Kim Jin Hyuk as “someone who knows the value behind the small things, rather than someone like Don Quijote who acts recklessly.” He explained, “I think he’s a very special person. He’s someone who knows how to return the love that he receives. That’s why it wasn’t difficult or stressful to play this role.”

He shared his thoughts on his character Kim Jin Hyuk who has a very straightforward style of dating. He said, “In my case, I would be more careful. I’m similar with him in terms of the way I think about my significant other, but Jin Hyuk is more expressive. I express my feelings too, but I also feel like it could be taken as too much. We have different dating styles in that I think more about how the other person feels, even though we both express our feelings.”

Park Bo Gum is known for his close friendship with BTS’s V. Asked if V had watched “Encounter,” Park Bo Gum explained that V couldn’t watch the episodes that were broadcasted around the end of last year because he was too busy. He added, “But the BTS members personally told me their thoughts about the drama. I was really thankful that they took time out of their busy schedule and gave me some feedback.”

In terms of plans for future projects, Park Bo Gum said, “I haven’t been able to look over very many scenarios. I’m thinking I’ll probably choose a role that’s the complete opposite of Kim Jin Hyuk for my next one.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1299365wpp/park-bo-gum-reveals-dating-style-btss-comments-encounter

@gumtaek

I like Park Bo Gum’s Post Drama for Encounter interview indeed.

PBG is very thoughtful for the interview, he selected the words to describe well.

For example this about SHK. 

I could tell that she had accumulated a lot of experience through her previous works.”

Edited by stroppyse
Please remove images from quotes. Thanks.
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Oh wow, how could he think they have no chemistry? Their chemistry is explosive! Lol

Actually he said it in a manner of asking the journalists and putting them in a spot, if they didn’t see the chemistry. 

PBG was very polite through the interview yet it was his way of counter questioning the journalists who kept asking him if he faced any difficulties showing chemistry with someone who was “older” to him. 

Throughout the interview he brings up SHK’s experience rather than her age, indicating his feeling on the whole age controversy. 

He said he didn’t feel any difficulty in portraying emotions.

@gumtaek this is the same thing that you sent me. :)

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

@bubblechoco

chingu, can you help out with the translation? Pretty please? :wub:

I would love to but currently the interviews are flocking in... and many of them overlaps with each other
Maybe I should do a summary instead...
Let me rest for a few more hours then I'll do it (it's midnight here... maybe by then some sites would have translated everything... LOL)

37 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Everyone bursted out laughing, as I read : )

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Just a quick one

- I think he had decided to take on this project after receiving the script for the first 4 episodes
- Bogum thinks Jinhyuk is very straightforward when it comes to love, and he said he would probably do the same but might not be able to do as far.

- He talks about his acting controversy in earlier episodes, he accepts people comments as he knows he is still short of something. But he comments this is really the way that he yawns and said maybe he should have his mouth open wider next time.

- Scenes that leave him the lasting impression: Yeonja's apologising to Jinhyuk / Soohyun's tangerine preserve scene.
- Sighs his 20s is passing real quick and wants to get the most out of it, and when it's about time he will enlist without hesitation.

- When asked about the crying acting, he said he it does feel sadder watching the preview with the OST that comes with it (E15 Preview has Baek Ahyeon's OST).
- He said P.O. is a loveable cutie.
- He praises Director Park Shinwoo for getting things into fine detail, especially the seaside scene in EP1, when Soohyun envisages people dancing and next to them there's a lady is dancing with a guy in white shirt. He comments maybe it's something that the audiences won't realise too.

- He is now busy on his Fan-meeting Tour, and will start looking at new project in April. He wants something that is different from Kim Jinhyuk, and to try acting in different role.

=

OK. That's it for now. Don't know what I'm typing already.
*Goes back to sleep*

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 11

When asked about the chemistry with Song Hye-kyo, Park Bo Gum said, "Didn't we have such a chemistry?" and made the scene laugh. "I think I should describe my character as a young man rather than a boy," he said. "He is confident, positive about everything, and knows how to love what he has rather than feel happy through money and fame." "I'm so into it that I'm so into it," he said. He is a broad-minded friend who can give as much as he loves. 

• Like 16
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 1