[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

11 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

Some of the people here had a discussion about CSH breaking-up because KJH's mom begged her and everyone got a little strong about it. The writer actually answered our discussion. The part when CSH said that it was KJH's omma's fault because if she did it just because of her then she could have just begged for her acceptance but she didnt because she was also thinking and fearing the same thing

Actually, I got the feeling that CSH purposefully said that (not the mum's fault) to ease his mum's mind. It was an assurance from CSH to KJH's mum that it's not her fault to make her feel better. You could see the mum's expression at her - wanting to believe yet wondering if that's the truth.

CSH having the same fear of hurting KJH was resolved when she took a break from KJH but ended up running to Sokcho to find him because she was in the tea lady's dark room and developed a film which happened to be KJH's photo taken by CSH when he passed her the camera. That reminded her of him and she realized that she loves him more than the fear of hurting him.

Like KJH told his mum:

"She wants to break up with me.

But I think she only says that because she's worried about you"

• Like 12
  • Insightful 5

Waaaaa @rosiepeonie188!!! I envy you sooo!! :wub: You should have been there last wednesday chingu! You might have seen SHK and PBG! :lol:

@thadora @redbeanbuns

Glad I’m not the only one insanely hooked and cant move on still! Haha

@jl08

hmm good point chingu. Her mom is definitely the one who pushed CSH to the edge. 

Although, because of her statement to KJH about how she can dare to break a tangerine syrup being so simple and pretty that it cannot be bought by money is evidence enough for me that even if SHK came running back to KJH to Sokcho, she was still so worried thay her chaotic world will swallow the pureness of KJH’s world. The worry was there all along. It’s like she was walking the edge with him in her mind and his mom pushed her to fall.

No matter though. Love still conquers all! :heart:

• Like 15
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, jl08 said:

Actually, I got the feeling that CSH purposefully said that (not the mum's fault) to ease his mum's mind. It was an assurance from CSH to KJH's mum that it's not her fault to make her feel better. You could see the mum's expression at her - wanting to believe yet wondering if that's the truth.

CSH having the same fear of hurting KJH was resolved when she took a break from KJH but ended up running to Sokcho to find him because she was in the tea lady's dark room and developed a film which happened to be KJH's photo taken by CSH when he passed her the camera. That reminded her of him and she realized that she loves him more than the fear of hurting him.

Like KJH told his mum:

"She wants to break up with me.

But I think she only says that because she's worried about you"

@jl08

Totally agreed. When rewatching, after CSH met KJH’s mom and received her side dishes, CSH relieved but she might still hesitate whether KJH’s mom was really okay or mom was necessary to come for KJH.  

Encounter’s BTS by PBG&P.O.’s discussion that

KJH and his DongSeng’s being Ppo Ppo by KJH (KJH playfully kissed his little brother’s cheek after fight to protect his beloved hyung from his friend’s bad mouth.) is PBG’s adlib to suit KJH’s character who dearly loves his DongSeng whom he helped parents raising DongSeng grow since KJH was just 7 years old and his DongSeng is loving him with protective action. 

Live singing Drunken Truth as KJH to CSH and talk about Encounter in Cuba.

• Like 17
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 3

@roshzanna @nikir @dukesa1122 @thadora @NongpeeP Like all of you, I can not just move on from this thread and drama. Today, I need to go to school as we have an Open house day where I will be promoting French. However, I just wanted to let you know that the topic of my next post will be "Time". 

To me, there is not a single episode that felt draggy, even the episode 15 was not as painful as I had imagined. 

• Like 14
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

The problem when a thread moves so fast if you come once every few hours you can't find the post you want.

Has anyone read and can remember what the KNetizen commented about ep 16? You know the posts where someone posts the translated comments?

@ck1Oz

Article: Song Hye Gyo and Park Bogum's happy ending at 8.7%... 3 achievements by 'Boyfriend'

Source: News 1 via Naver

1. [+1,304, -179] It makes me happy to read articles written by people who watched and understood the drama... It was a traditional melodrama. Soohyun and Jinhyuk's love helped awaken feelings deep within me and I felt warmed and happy by their relationship. I'll miss this drama a lot..

2. [+839, -68] I've been an avid viewer since the first episode and their first meeting left such an impression on me. All of the actors showed great talent in expressing the excitement of a new relationship and I laughed and cried with both the leads over their emotional acting. I read up all the books and listened to the OST introduced in the drama and spent these past few weeks relishing in the emotions that they brought. I thank everyone involved in this work and will always support Song Hye Gyo and Park Bogum. 'Boyfriend' fighting~!!

3. [+665, -44] I was excited and happy to be able to witness the strong love between Jinhyuk and Soohyun. This will be remembered as the best melodrama of my life. Park Bogum was like a fresh piece of fruit in his expression of their first love and was also deep like a tree, forever giving and always there with his love. Kim Jinhyuk made my heart clench but was also such a heart fluttering character. His acting made it so much easier to focus on the drama.

4. [+540, -75] There's nothing provocative about the drama so I was able to watch reruns without much worries. Great job to Song Hye Gyo.

5. [+424, -54] I agree, it was a drama that showed the worth of such a warm and noble love.

6. [+136, -5] I know that Park Bogum is already a star who has had his acting skills acknowledged but this drama made me fall for his charms once again. Hoping to see him in a new drama soon!

7. [+117, -13] I watched from the 1st to the 16th episode and even watched reruns three times over. I enjoyed every gaze, every scene, every direction of the drama~~~ So sad that such a beautiful drama is over and I feel empty about it already~~ I'll be watching out for Director Park Shin Woo's future works... I've always been a fan of Hye Gyo but this drama has made me realize how much I like Park Bogum's gaze when he acts~~~ thank you...

8. [+95, -2] Really happy about the happy ending~ I'll never be able to forget Park Bogum's tearful acting~ it was the best~ hoping the best for the two~

9. [+86, -7] I enjoyed it, it was such a heartwarming melodrama and the two had great chemistry

10. [+80, -7] Finally someone who analyzed the drama correctly. The past two months of winter was made warmer thanks to Song Hye Gyo and Park Bogum.

5 hours ago, jl08 said:

Much as I would love to see Kyo drop a surprise visit at PBG's FM today, I think it's highly unlikely cos it's like entering a lion's den with all the female fans going crazy over the National Boyfriend...just look at the crowd and media at their wrap up party..cameras flashing away & the crowd cheering...

PBG is owned by the nation now....haha... ( sorry to cut your post)

@jl08  knetz loves to give him nation title whenever he completed his drama. After reply 88, nation's little brother / nation's son in law

After MDBC, nation's crown prince / nation's influencer . after boyfriend drama, Nation's boyfriend.:D

bg and kyo top 1,2

• Like 8
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 2

@gumtaek  OMG my wish came true!!! I was hoping he'd sing that song because I imagined his voice would suit it!! Also because that song was from Cha Soohyun's perspective so it would be nice to hear him sing it as an answer. I hope he'd sing more encounter OSTs on his other upcoming fanmeets :)

• Like 14
  • Love 6

Dx0LH_sXQAAx1Dn.jpg

DxzI-1vV4AAqoVT.jpg

*******'

"#Encounter" Cast Says Their Farewells As Drama Comes To An End

âEncounterâ Cast Says Their Farewells As Drama Comes To An End

Farewell, “Encounter!” The hit tvN drama starring Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo has come to an end.

With the airing of the finale, the cast shared their closing feelings and comments. On January 25, Song Hye Kyo expressed her gratefulness to the viewers for loving the drama and uploaded a behind-the-scenes clip with her co-star Park Bo Gum.

Through Blossom Entertainment, Park Bo Gum shared, “Hello! This is Park Bo Gum. After reading the script for ‘Encounter’ for the first time, I filmed it half with anticipation and half with excitement. Of course, I was deeply immersed in the warm thrill and aftertaste of the work, as well as the beautiful scenes in Cuba.”

Then he commented about his character Kim Jin Hyuk, saying, “I think Jin Hyuk caught my eye because he was similar to me and I had a lot to learn from him. I learned a lot from Jin Hyuk, who gave warmth to his family, friends, lovers, and others, and I think the viewers liked him and cheered for him because of this.”

He added, “Thank you again to the directors, writers, and all the crew members who worked hard to create a good production in the cold weather. I hope that ‘Encounter’ will be

remembered in the hearts of viewers for a long time like a fairy tale.”

Kim Joo Heon had played Lee Dae Chan, one of Kim Jin Hyuk’s good friends. He uploaded a photo of a hand-written letter on Salt Entertainment’s Instagram that read, “I received ‘love’ and ‘consideration’ through the drama ‘Encounter’ and learned ‘courage’ and ‘warmth’ from Dae Chan. Thank you for loving ‘Encounter’ all this time.”

Baek Ji won, who had played Kim Jin Hyuk’s mother, commented, “I learned many things during the time I was with my long-cherished ‘Encounter,’ and I was happy. I feel sorry and sad to say good-bye to the characters I’ve been with all this time. The cast and crew worked every hard. I really appreciate the viewers who have loved ‘Encounter’. Thank you.”

Jeon So Nee became well-known through “Encounter” with her realistic acting. Despite the fact that this was her first drama since her debut, she perfectly captured the emotions of her character’s friendship and unrequited love with Kim Jin Hyuk and received the support and affection of viewers at the same time.

The actress commented, “I can’t believe it’s already the end. It doesn’t feel real. I was worried because it was my first drama, but fortunately, I met such great actors and got a lot of help. Thanks to them, I was able to adjust to the scene in no time.”

Then she expressed her gratefulness to the viewers, saying, “Thank you so much for supporting Hye In [her character]. While acting, I looked at things from her perspective, and I always felt sorry for her. I was grateful that there were people besides me who thought so. Thank you for watching until the end.”

In the drama, Kim Hye Eun played the role of Kim Sun Joo, the head of the public relations team of Donghwa Hotel with a strong yet supportive leadership. Through her label 1N1 Stars, she shared her final thoughts on the drama coming to an end. She said, “True love that overcame wealth and honor. I was very excited while participating in this drama. I am grateful to the teamwork with my co-stars on the public relations team. It was valuable to feel the energy of warm love. Thank you for loving me so much.”

Go Chang Suk, who warmed viewers’ hearts with his generous character and soft charm in “Encounter,” expressed his gratitude. He said, “Thank you to all the viewers who loved ‘Encounter’. Nam Myeong Sik, the character I played, was like a shelter with a warm charm in it. I was happy to meet such a great character, and I also tried to make the audience feel comfortable. The directors and writers, who created a filming atmosphere that was as warm as the tender story, as well as the cast and crew worked hard. I will see you again with various works in the future.”

“Encounter” ended on January 24 with a total of 16 episodes.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1298655wpp/encounter-cast-says-farewells-drama-comes-end

• Like 14
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 1

IT'S GETTING TO ME. 

I'M IN DENIAL THAT THIS DRAMA ENDED.  :cold_sweat:

January is ending and February is nearing. 

Listening to Baek A Yeon's Ost Always Be With You

Chingus, what is your favorite song in this drama? 

Fun Fact: 

When I was preparing for my interview, I rewatched the scene where Jin Hyuk talks about books and why he likes reading in his job interview. It gave me an extra boast to talk about what I like to read. 

I think, in general, Kdramas made me appreciate story telling. In lieu of watching kdramas, I try to read books to rest my eyes. So to resonate with Jin Hyuk's connection with books about how he has control of time and can pace a book at his own speed is beautiful.

• Like 13
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

Bo Gum singing the OST track sung by Baek A Yeon

Encounter’s OSTs are very beautiful.

I am watching live and realized more and more that Kim Jin Hyuk is the amazing result of working very hard to create KJH to the K-Drama world

by Park Bo Gum and his blossom&Encounter team

- body working out to look more matured and manly in suits, 

- hair styling to look neat, 

- clothes styling to be slim fit (real one prefers looser kind)

- designing talk beat with short pause from thorough thinking (real one talks very fast),

- gestures including determinded walk(real one not straight all the time), 

- hand movement (real one moves very active), 

- slow blink eyes even while talk (real one not often blink and not blink during talk)

Baek A Yeon (백아연) – 그대여야만 해요 (Always Be With You)

Album: Encounter OST. Part 7 (tvN 수목드라마)
Lyrics: 빌리어코스티(Bily Acoustie)
Composition: 빌리어코스티(Bily Acoustie)
Arrangement: 장제헌
Release date: 2019.01.10

English Translation::

Another long day is about to begin
Today is slower than yesterday
As much as I miss you, as much as my feelings for you have grown
This day is going slowly

If I go to you like this, it may seem strange
But my heart is just going to you

Whenever you miss me, tell me
You won’t go on for a moment without me
So you can see me, wherever you are
I’ll be standing right here
Now don’t hesitate

Stay with me
It has to be you

If you say you miss me
I’ll say I love you
So you have no chance to miss me
I’ll stay right next to you like I am now

Now don’t hesitate

Stay with me
It has to be you

After a long time passes
And everything about me fades
If you stay by my side
If you hold my hand
I won’t ever let go

Now don’t hesitate

Stay with me
It has to be you

1 hour ago, winter spring summer said:

@gumtaek  OMG my wish came true!!! I was hoping he'd sing that song because I imagined his voice would suit it!! Also because that song was from Cha Soohyun's perspective so it would be nice to hear him sing it as an answer. I hope he'd sing more encounter OSTs on his other upcoming fanmeets :)

I listened and remind of our KJH&CSH. 

57 minutes ago, rainy12 said:

Thanks thanks Gum Taek for fansmeeting video,

did he already talked about his Encounter fav scene etc ?

so kissing the brother is not in the script :D 

@rainy12

I heard the word “Namja Chinggu” (Boyfriend) many times but I can not understand and there are stories about filiming Encounter in Cuba with pictures and clips. 

I wanna watch more Encounter’s behind the scenes and the casts&crews’ lives during filming.

I still wondered filming in Cuba for a month with mainly only Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyun, why did we watch just many scenes less than expected as on air.

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 2

I watched the finale just last night so I didn’t go here since wednesday to avoid spoilers and wow there’s so much to backread.

I’m relieved it was a happy ending and that it didn’t turn out as a dream or just an imagination. But I’d have to be honest, I wasn’t completely satisfied. Maybe because I was expecting more, like seeing them get married and go back to Cuba for their honeymoon. Or even if there wasn’t a wedding scene, I was hoping to see them again in Cuba. It would have been more beautiful if they went back to the place where it all started, that’s just my personal preference for the ending so I hope I don’t get bashed for this. And I was also hoping for more intimate scenes. It peaked at Cuba (Morro Cabana and Balcony) on ep 10-11 and then we never got something more than that again. Honestly I was even anticipating for a bed scene because I knew their production team would have made a scene like that beautiful and magical. I guess I just need more of SHK and PBG together, a 16-episode drama isn’t enough for me. Their chemistry is so beautiful I hope to see them again in another masterpiece, a drama or a movie. I also need a magazine photoshoot of them together. Imagine the visuals! One more thing, the writer making them both mention going to Santiago just made me crave for a season 2 or a special epilogue or a movie version. I hope they release a DVD with a lot of deleted scenes and behind the scenes.

I’m very satisfied with other things though, like the redemption of CSH mom and KJH mom. WS didn’t try anymore to pester our OTP. Hyein finally lifting those bottled up feelings off her chest and still remaining cool and loyal as a friend. Daechan and Mijin’s cute little side story. And the fact that the two rich mothers didn’t actually try to destroy KJH and his family like most of kdrama evil moms do.

All in all this drama is a masterpiece. It would take a long time before I find something like this again.

I hope the casts get a reward vacation if their schedules allow.

Also I would just like to share that I’m turning 29 this year, and I just got an idea from Kim Jinhyuk. Just like what he did, I’m planning to go on a trip to commemorate my last year in 20’s and to welcome my 30’s. Still deciding what country to visit. :)

• Like 11
  • Love 9