[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/boyfriend-finale-ep-16-spoilers-park-bo.html

Boyfriend] FINALE Ep 16 spoilers, Park Bo Gum ♥ Song Hye Gyo

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum  Song Hye Gyo, overcome ups and downs, a happy ending, confirm their love with a 'Playground kiss'  

1. [+1750,-128]
I've been watching reruns and re-reruns from the first episode till the end, it makes me happy. Park Bo Gum, you've worked hard. You're really cool. 

2. [+1516,-51]
I'm not sure what I should say to express my feelings. The ending warms up my heart so much. I hope Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun live a happy life somewhere. Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Gyo, you've both worked hard!! Of all stars in the sky, a star looks down upon me. Amongst so many people, that star is staring at me..  [t/n: let me search for this and try to write it more accurately tomorrow ><]

3. [+804,-32]
A dreamlike ending. ♡

4. [+711,-34]
I've cried and laughed for the past 2 months because of Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun, and I have to send them off now..  ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Park Bo Gum, you've worked hard. I'll be waiting for your next drama. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+682,-23]
Because it's a happy ending, it made me really happy~~

6. [+192,-15]
Boyfriend is the best melodrama!! Thanks to Song Hye Gyo and Park Bo Gum who showed us their great acting which is detailed and difficult to do, my heart palpitated, and at times, I teared up. The lovely and affectionate Boyfriend's way of loving someone made me happy.^^ The lingering images that are under Boyfriend's magic won't go away for a while. 

7. [+179,-5]
It's warm and kind. Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun has this innocence that I've forgotten about. 

8. [+157,-4]
It was a healing drama for me. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

9. [+138,-5]
I think I will remember Boyfriend as a warm drama. I started watching this because of Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Gyo, but thanks to them, the winter days were warm. ㅠㅠ

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' "My only " Song Hye Gyo  Park Bo Gum kiss in the playground + proposes after 1 year 'happy ending' 

1. [+1021,-26]
I was really happy with the happy ending and how Park Bo Gum hinted in his lines with, "It's not sad, but happy." All of the actors have worked hard. I'll always be supporting Park Bo Gum. 

2. [+699,-20]
It feels like Park Bo Gum introduced himself as a grape just yesterday. ㅜㅜ I love boyfriend Kim Jin Hyuk who is a fruit seller. Jin Hyuk-ah. 

3. [+570,-45]
Song Hye Gyo's beauty at the end was hard at work. She looked lovely... ♡

4. [+508,-15]
Park Bo Gum is cool till the end. Goodbye, Boyfriend, Kim Jin Hyuk. 

5. [+309,-19]
Even his proposal was cool~~ ♡

6. [+132,-3]
Park Bo Gum's "My only love" came true, I really like that it's a happy ending too. 

7. [+94,-3]
Thank you for acting as Kim Jin Hyuk, Park Bo Gum!!!! He's the male lead of my life. Jin Hyuk was perfect. 

8. [+86,-1]
Can't we go after getting married? This line made my heart stop...

• Like 16
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 6

Thank you dear writter for giving this beautiful love story a happy ending. Watching the finale tonight has helped me put back together the broken pieces of my heart that i felt has been shattered while watching helplessly as our two leads break up in Ep15 (cried my eyes out like i was really part of the break up, glad i was alone watching :D:D) That just shows how good of an actor both SHK & PBG are, superb portrayal of their characters as CSY & KJH. 

And thanks to everyone for sharing their insights in this thread, i’ve been ‘silently’ with you since day 1. :heart:

• Like 11
  • Love 5

I think Encounter's average ratings should be more than 8%? Another successful drama for both SHK and PBG, buzz-wise and rating-wise. 

62d93b43ly1fzigmkmig9j20hs0oc74x.jpg

cto

Finally SH will not be lonely anymore..she has JH by her side now. I loved the indirect proposal from KJH..don't know how he did it but he made it sound so romantic. Of course I would've liked to see their wedding before the drama ends but I knew it wasn't possible. It's ok, at least everything ended beautifully for our OTP.. :)

"Best of all - no freaking time jump! Soo Hyun figured out that she couldn’t live without him and then they were together again. Done. No drawing the break up out over years. The time jump happened after they were together. AFTER. Take note writers!"

Agreed! I think I would've rolled my eyes so hard if there was a time jump before OTP got reunited although I'd still end up loving it coz I'm just that biased when it comes to SHK. Lol

Thanks for sharing the review and the gifs, @Jemrie

• Like 16
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1

Boyfriend', highest rated 10% ... Time of high-class melo

Posted by Kim Ha Jin in: 2019/01/25 08:27:03 
[Ten Asia: Reporter Kim Ha-jin]
2019012508261440439-540x486.jpg

tvN 'boyfriend' broadcast screen capture. /TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-ae, director Park Shin-woo) lasted 24 days leaving a long longevity. Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) and Jin Hyuk (Park Sword Sword) once again confirmed the love and finished with Happy Ending. 

According to Nielsen Korea on August 25, 'boyfriend' broadcasted on the 24th recorded an average of 8.7%, up 10%, on the pay-TV platform that integrated cable, IPTV and satellite.

The 'boyfriend' has beautifully and beautifully captured the romance of Song Hye Kyo and Park Sword, which started as an accidental meeting like a dream.

◆ Strong "strong power of authentic melo"

'Boyfriend' was not irritating to keep the melodic sensibility and 'charming melod' charm. The story focused on changing the emotions of the characters in the play, giving the audience a strong sound.

Jinhyuk who has never lived the life he has chosen and has lived with Suhyun and a free and clear soul. The romance, in which two people who lived a different life came together in an unfamiliar place called Cuba and felt favorable to each other, reunited in Korea and shared daily life and watering each other closely, made the audience immersed. 

Song Hye-kyo and Park Bo-gum acted deeply to enhance their immersion. Song Hye - kyo has lived a dull life. She met Jin - hyeok and expressed delicately the change of her feelings. Park is a liberty and positive personality, and he attracted the attention of a man with a straight and solid heart. The two men blend in with Suhyun and Jinhyeok, so that the audience has been immersed with a strong acting ability that expresses emotions into one's eyes, facial expressions, hand gestures and tone.

Here, the delicate and sensuous production unique to director Park Shin-woo has enthralled both eyes. Director Park maximized the emotions and scene atmosphere of the characters by utilizing color, background music, and camera composition, and also gained favor with directing melodies of analogue goods such as films, books, and black and white photographs. 

The first meeting in front of Cuba's sunset, Suhyun and Jinhyeok, Jinhyuk's stepping stone for Suhyeon, Suhyeon and Jinhyuk's reunion, the reunion of Suhyeon and Jinhyeok's kissing god who found the first meeting place in Cuba, The romance of the romance of the two people was also exciting.

◆ Preciousness of ordinary happiness

'Boyfriend' has talked about the importance of ordinary happiness in everyday life. Suhyun was born as a daughter of a politician and lived in the eyes of many people for the rest of his life, while Jin-hyeok is a person who has lived everyday in a happy and precious life. 'Boyfriend' puts the romance of those two people and conveys the message that ordinary happiness is never ordinary. 

In the final session, I walked the streets and walked the streets and enjoyed a simple date, including Suhyeon and Jinhyuk, and I am happy to be served with a sweet tangerine I have felt the importance of 'ordinary happiness' by capturing the figures of the people living in daily life from Jinhyeop father (Shin Jung Keun) and Jinhyeok mother.

Kim Ha-Jin reporter hahahajin@tenasia.co.kr....source credit @http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1646625#_enliple

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

"Best of all - no freaking time jump! Soo Hyun figured out that she couldn’t live without him and then they were together again. Done. No drawing the break up out over years. The time jump happened after they were together. AFTER. Take note writers!"

Agreed! I think I would've rolled my eyes so hard if there was a time jump before OTP got reunited although I'd still end up loving it coz I'm just that biased when it comes to SHK. Lol

Thanks for sharing the review and the gifs, @Jemrie

Same!

If the time jump happened during the break up then I would’ve raged so hard. Time jumps during break ups and the subsequent rushed reunion after are unbelievable for me because feelings change over time. That’s just how it works

Anyway, glad they used the time jump wisely here, oh thank you drama gods as this was my biggest fear. I have several questions tho before hibernating soon!

1. How long is Congressman Cha’s prison sentence?

More importantly...

2. Will we ever see that Santiago trip in our digital screens, not just our heads?!! (You’ve teased us TWICE, PD, TWICE :P)

Finally...

3. Will I ever get over the fact that my prediction for a Cuba ending in the garden of love didn’t happen?!! (Seriously, that was ny prediction since episode 1 LMAO)

• Like 5
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

A big thank you to the Encounter/Boyfriend team for setting new milestones to the Kdrama Romance genre, challenged and reinvented a few conventions, break a few molds and finally delivered this scrumptious satisfying ending that is simply best of its class.   Thank you to the boards for sharing your interesting thoughts, and glad the show ending managed to have sidestepped all the things we were worried about rather gracefully.  So rare I don't even feel cheated - rare from TVDrama these days.  Knowing the schedules of these productions, this is a superb and rare feat, well done to the team.

This exquisite little gem again reaffirming SHK as the queen of the genre/Kdrama and PBG as the millennial leading man, successfully breaking away from the pretty boy image - > Gorgeous Man with serious acting chops, clearly tries hard with so much sincerity and improvements with every episode, you can't help but want to cheer for him along the way and fall in love with him throughout the journey.  This series had this green grape from the beginning turning into this fine delicious champagne with a lovely and addictive aftertaste.  Whereas the ice queen with thorns turned into this adorable goofy marshmallow 'girlfriend' with a heart of gold by the end, and I can't get enough of them!!   The actors deserve all the recognition and accolades soon coming their way.   Their fantasy journey of 'selfless love conquers all' ultimately provide the much needed antidote and hope in the current climate of give and take.   The proposal scene was simply lovely and adorable, rather glad they didn't go for an overly sappy/predictable happy ending.    It lingers and left me with a satisfying smile (+ happy tears of course!) at the end, which will last for days/ weeks / months ... isn't that what we all hope for?  :blush: 

(rewatch factor during new snowfalls x 100)

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 7

33 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

@leedonghaek: As I've posted earlier, average nationwide rating was 8.678% peaking at 10%.

I meant the drama's average ratings. Not the ones for the final ep. 

Checked on Wiki but it's not updated yet.

LbUsA2o.jpg

Never mind..it's not that important. I was just curious. :sweat_smile:

80818cc8gy1fziin25y2pg20m809ju13.gif

ctto

Such an ideal boyfriend..:wub:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Encounter 16 thoughts:

I liked, though not completely loved, the final episode.

What I loved:

JH's 'you can break up with me if you must, but I'll keep on loving you regardless.'

That SH made a conscious choice to put her own happiness above everything else.

JH+SH talking in banmal to each other.

Some bits felt emotionally off though... like JH's mum magically taking a 180 turn, or the execution of SH changing her mind; the neatness of it all... I suppose.

Still, Encounter remains the first romance-centric drama I’ve finished in years.

It may not be all that novel in terms of big narrative, but the execution made it feel fresh and shiny and new.

The writing was both subtle and clever. They knew exactly the story they wanted to tell and they told it to the best of their ability. It wasn’t perfect, but it was consistent in characterization, heartfelt and true to its core. The pacing was very assured and the acting exceptional. SH is by far my favorite role of SHK's, and ep.15 was probably the best acting I've ever seen from PBG.

And I have a new painting in my living room proving just how inspiring I found the art in this show. 

(hadn't painted in ages, so it felt really good to pick up a brush again).

I will remember this show fondly for a long time. 

• Like 17
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1