[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

I havent watched ep 15 with subs yet, first time for me.. although ive seen the livestream already, i will wait for the ep 16 before i watch ep 15 again...seeing them break up is the saddest thing especially how they loved each other so much, breaking up while loving each other is so painful, i felt their acting... crossing my fingers for their beautiful reunion tomorrow hoping it wont feel rushed and they can extend it to 1 hr and 30 mins... happy that the ratings went up even though its another sad episode... 

• Like 7

'Boyfriend' top 9.3% same time zone! Song Hye-kyo ♥ Park Bo-gum

360_20181218_1218p.jpg by Yoona reporter

2019-01-24 07:36:49    

2019012401001790400139551.jpg

[Sports Chosun Il-ho] A day before the end, 'Boyfriend' rang the house properly. Song Hye Kyo - Park The soulful romance of Sword Sword makes it impossible to keep an eye on the end and hit the hearts of viewers. Whether the two will be happy endings is amplified at the end of the curiosity. 

The 'boyfriend' 15th viewership rate, which depicted romance until the end, accounted for 8.0% and 9.3% of the total number of pay-TV platforms, including cable, IPTV and satellite, (Paid platform nationwide basis / Nielsen Korea) On 

the 23rd TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-a / director Park Shin-woo / production studio dragon, the factory) 15 times, Suhyeon (Song Hye Kyo) I was able to tell my separation to the people of the night. 

On this day, Suhyun finally said farewell to Jinhyuk. Soohyun, who could not get out of the way easily, was saddened. However, Jinhyuk, who does not know the situation of Suhyun, was embarrassed by sudden separation. Jinhyuk remembers the promise with Suh Hyun, the minister of Cha Sung Hyun (Moon Sung Keun), and said, "I have to protect you by your side. However, Suhyun, who had already set his mind firmly for Jinhyuk, tore the hearts of those who let go of his hands. At the same time, Jinhyuk did not hide his shaking eyes as he realized that Suhyeon and Jinhyukmoo had met. Suhyun said, "My mother has given me the orangery, it is so simple and pretty, I can not live with the money, and I try to break it." So Jin-hyuk met Lee Sun-young (Gil Hyeyeon) and said, "I thought I was brought out of the high and deep castle of him, but when I heard him, he was stuck in the castle again. "Soo hyun was worried about him, and he raised interest whether the two people could overcome the crisis together. 

Since then both of us have had a hard time. Especially, Jinhyeok, who showed a solid appearance by keeping Suhyeon side of the masses, made a tear to the people who sat down on the streets in the farewell to Suhyeon. Furthermore, Suhyun decided to leave Korea for the completion of the Donghwa Hotel Cuban branch, and Jinhyeok, who received it, exploded with regret that he was writing a resignation letter for Suhyun.

However, in the ending, Jinhyeok realized the unforgettable love for Suhyeon and showed a change of heart and brought up the immersion. Jinhyeok, who used to write a letter of resignation, recalled the last time she was with Suhyun. After that, her sadness at separation came to disappear and she focused attention on Suhyun's side with a slightly different expression. Especially, at that time, when Canon variant song that Suhyun and Jinhyeok checked each other's heart was laid in background music, it made the expectation that such a foreboding might notice a change in the relationship between two people. So, I wondered if Jinhyeok, who was about to accept the separation from Suhyun, made a decision, and whether Jinhyeok could turn back Suhyeon's mind and Suhyeon could get away from the feeling of guilt that made him confess, ) It amplifies the curiosity about the last 'boyfriend' ending. 

On the other hand, attention is focused on the suggestion that the tough gambling between Suhyun family and Taekyung group will be concluded. Cha Jonghyun confessed that he had received illegal political funds from a parent company when he was re-elected by the National Assembly, and it was expected that Kim Chae-jang (Chae Hyeon-yeon) would rise to the top of his mind. Moreover, in the media, Kim predicted the possibility of recalling the prosecution. Meanwhile, Cha Jonghyun asked Suh Hyun-mo (the rest of the country) to testify about the corruption of the Taekyung group and focused attention on it. At the same time, Suhyun went to Suh Hyun-mo and told her a sincere word "mother and daughter," and the figure of Su-hyun who shed the tears of her return. I am curious as to what decision Mr. Su-hyun will make. 

As such, 'Boyfriend' made the viewer's eyes blue with the sad romance of Suhyun and Jinhyeok. Song Hye-kyo-Park's sad appearance of pouring tears from different places, especially after he broke up, tore up the tears of his audience's heart. Song Hye Kyo - Park Sword was once again proved why it is not possible to substitute 'melody craftsman'. 

After broadcasting, various SNS and online communities have said, "I was sad for the first time that I saw a parting of the drama and it was sad for me to break up," "Ambassador is charming and beautiful," "Song Hye Kyo is also a good luck," " "" My father is so wonderful, "" Suhyeon was so wonderful, "he said." Father, "" Today's legend, "and" I can not believe that the end is now too sad. " 

tvN 'Boyfriend' is an emotional melodrama that starts with an accidental meeting of Suhyeon, who never lived his chosen life, and free and clear soul devotion. Today (24th), the last meeting will be broadcast at 9:30 pm. 

<Photo> tvN 'Boyfriend' screen capture 
source credit @http://m.sportschosun.com/amp/article.amp.htm?id=201901240100179040013955&ServiceDate=20190124&id=201901240100179040013955&servicedate=20190124&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

You know what they say about pearls before swine?  They trample them under their feet...... Encounter...... I love much this drama, which today, to my great despair, comes to an end,  there will in fact be the last episode and I wish there were many and many others.
Unfortunately some are not overwhelmed by this rhythm of heart simplicity because they are attracted by exasperation of conflicts and special effects ... unrealistic: invested by the wave of simplicity - and irrationally and anachronistically disturbed by an unconventional love- they do not let themself gently to cradle by that wave.... to know it, but they move away from it, they escape and disguise their non-elasticity and lack of ability to dwell on what happens shouting to boredom: they thus lose the revealing light of the essence of life: learning .. . to learn to reflect and to learn from a simple gesture, from a smile: they do not open themselves to learning and close themselves in the excess that does not bore them but limits them in going beyond the usual, beyond superficiality: they are, paraphrasing Camus, a visitor to "cities that have never bored me", and they are visitors to "cities that have taught them nothing". They show that they are engulfed by the wolf, portrayed in Encounter's illustrations, of the superficiality. In Encounter that wolf is hungry and weakened ... relegated outside the garden of the rediscovery of the beauty of the velvety petals of a simple everyday life but rich in treasures to be identified and preserved.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

Ep 15 was a really really sad...heartbreaking episode but I can;t help but feeling amazed by their acting ability....SHK ( she is my all time favorite ) and Park Bo Gum ( I like him in Moonlight Drawn By Cloud and Monster, but this drama makes me fall even more to his charm, nobody can replace him as Jin Hyuk.).  This is the among the episode that left the deepest impact for me...I just can't forget their breaking up scene....my tears just flowed as I managed to watch it this morning...the emotion is so real...tbh, this drama is close to my heart because someone in my life resembles the character of Jin Hyuk so much...his determination and stubbornness , his selfless love and sensitivity and his unique character that differs him from others, although he is not as handsome as our Jin Hyuk...:mrgreen:

Thank you for all the updates...really appreciate all the efforts made by all of you here...:kiss_wink:

Let's Wish For Happy Ending For Our Jin Soo! :heart:

• Like 20
  • Love 3

31 minutes ago, magrace93 said:

You know what they say about pearls before swine?  They trample them under their feet...... Encounter...... I love much this drama, which today, to my great despair, comes to an end,  there will in fact be the last episode and I wish there were many and many others.
Unfortunately some are not overwhelmed by this rhythm of heart simplicity because they are attracted by exasperation of conflicts and special effects ... unrealistic: invested by the wave of simplicity - and irrationally and anachronistically disturbed by an unconventional love- they do not let themself gently to cradle by that wave.... to know it, but they move away from it, they escape and disguise their non-elasticity and lack of ability to dwell on what happens shouting to boredom: they thus lose the revealing light of the essence of life: learning .. . to learn to reflect and to learn from a simple gesture, from a smile: they do not open themselves to learning and close themselves in the excess that does not bore them but limits them in going beyond the usual, beyond superficiality: they are, paraphrasing Camus, a visitor to "cities that have never bored me", and they are visitors to "cities that have taught them nothing". They show that they are engulfed by the wolf, portrayed in Encounter's illustrations, of the superficiality. In Encounter that wolf is hungry and weakened ... relegated outside the garden of the rediscovery of the beauty of the velvety petals of a simple everyday life but rich in treasures to be identified and preserved.

I am coming out lurkdom for only this:  to say BRAVO and THANK YOU! to you for telling it like it is and like it really should be.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I just watched Ep.15 and continued to be impressed by the flow of the drama. When I first saw the genre..I knew things wouldn't be all sunshine and rainbows probably until the last 15 mins of the final ep and I was totally fine with that. Even after watching the first few eps..I still told myself to get ready for a sad ending. It'd never been a problem to me before but decided to change my mind after seeing the leads' struggle to fight for their happiness. Hopefully the writer will be able to give us a good closure today. :)

Spoiler

I still want the writer to solve all the probs before the 2nd half of Ep.16. OTP needs to reunite asap! :D

• Like 20
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I just finished watching episode 15 and tho it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest the entire time, it was beautifully made and acted. SHK and PBG should collaborate again.

I think I’ve finally identified my small issue with the narrative. You know how we’ve been all wishing for more lovey dovey coupley scenes since episode 10 and how it has been part of our humor here? Well I wish the writer listened to us because...

Spoiler

Unlike our OTP, I don’t have much good memories of them to endure the pain LMAO :P

I wish they could’ve said in action what they’re constantly saying to each other in words these past 4 episodes.

For example: when they were setting the table in episode 13, rather than JH telling the viewers they did so and so, it would’ve been better if they showed a short scene of them actually preparing dinner together

I feel like since episode 10 the majority of the relationship has progressed through dialogue and not action. We only finally got the dream date because CSH was planning on breaking up with him, creating more tension and angst rather than good memories.

I think that was part of the magic of the first 10 episodes and the Cuba montage of the 11th. 

I totally agree with @jl08 that the passion was gone down tremendously after Cuba and I’m disappointed about it. The Cuba scenes could only get me so far. I needed passion in Seoul to sustain it.

I hope they have something good in store for us tonight. So good that it makes me forget all the unnecessarily prolonged angst

Again, not hatin’. Just stating my two cents. I agree with some of you have said, we need at least 2 more episodes to balance things out

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

I forgot who posted about the background song interrupting the drama?

While I watch K Dramas, I am not a fan of KPop. The onyly KPop artists I know are BTS (who doesnt?), IU (because SSC watched her concert), Psy (duh) and 2ne1 (because of Sandara Park). This is the only drama that actually made me google an OST’s lyrics. Maybe because the story’s too deep and very classic and love forbidden. I want to recommend to those who dont understand hangul, to try and google the eng translation. The part when they broke up, that song is very fit to what was happening. And it broke my heart more.

I am also one of those people who only watch kdramas once they finish. However, when I heard that SHK will really be taking on this role I was beyond intrigued. She knew the risks that she’ll get into but she went for it. That is the only reason why for the first time, I watched a kdrama while it is still on going and my first time to subscribe and actually pay an asian streaming site and my first time to actually register here and get out of lurking mode for the longest time. I wanted to do these things before but the timing just wasnt right for my real life issues.

The drama has not turned me down. While I know SHK will slay this role (coz she always does and tbh CSH is too close to home) I am also glad because I saw another part of PBG. I always saw him as a little bunny, “he’s so cute I wanna squish him” type but this drama made that bunny into a stallion. The cinematography, OST, flow of the story. The simplicity of everything, the elegance and everything is just so so beautifully done that this movie is one piece of art as a whole. I fell deeply in love with it. It made my heart flutter a billion times, it made me hot and flush and it also broke my heart but more over it made me really really smile. This drama made me feel alot of emotions in one sitting and I am thankful for every part of it.

Last episode for tonight chingus! I am glad I have met such amazing people in this Thread, full of rich ideas and opinions! 

Here’s to our happy ending! :heart::wub:

PS. I am still waiting for that crazy make out sessionS PD-nim!!! :P Please give us skinship. Aigoooooo!

• Like 15
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

My heart really breaks for JH. Knowing all his sacrifices, love he puts into this relationship to work out, still he has to endure all of this. I really admire the character of Jh, being stubborn actually puts him ahead. He doesn't look into the sides when making decisions, just looking straight to his destination. Oh yes, PBG nailed it. He makes it hard for others to portray a role like JH. Its so hard to find an actor to admire, but he changed my mind from no  one to PBG. 

The only flaw to his character is not voicing his opinion, thoughts to his mother. Until when he can tolerate this. Even it is tearing him into pieces, still he can't talk it over to his family. I feel when he talked with Ms. Lee, he rather let go of Sh than solve the problem with his family. Being a good person has its limits, and being a good son also has its limits. Until when he will let his parents rule his life. This is not a sign of being disrespectful or ungrateful. But he has to make his parents know that he is foremost an individual with an own thinking and feelings and had the right to decide on his own. Unless he lives on his own, he will be like Sh locked in  a castle, a castle of his parents.

We all have the same sentiments in this drama, we don't mind all the angst, its part of a drama, its part of real life. But with only one episode left and we are still at a lost, thats what we worry. Episode 1 mesmerized us all, i just wish it will end as beautiful as it started. It is so sad that it will end tonight, im not ready for this. Its just letting go of someone, something that grows into you. This is not a flash in the pan feeling, it grows from episode to episode.  I just want a miracle that a good soul will offer SHK and PBG a project together that they can't resist.

• Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1