[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

23 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

I think PBG has been working out too. Well he said he was in the Viu interview. :lol: I can see his chest muscled sometimes and it's really sexy. haha :blush:

SHK, I find her too thin in this drama. Although, I get that she needs to be thin to fit perfectly for the role and I just love the dedication that she has put in it. And it is paying off. Heck, sometimes I totally forget the 12 year age difference. I can only see 3 yr age difference from their faces. lol

@dukesa1122

Yes, to pair with Song Hye Kyo who has beautiful skin and goddess of actresses,  Park Bo Gum has interviewed thar he has worked out  hard to be muscle fit.

His body and face has been improved to be more manly with obvious muscles esp. chest and shoulder compatible to business suits, much better compared to PBG in previous acting projects.

I like the result of  PBG’s and SHK’s severe pressure from their pairing confirmation to make them working much harder, not just the body&face working out but I felt their sense of survival in their acting too.  

SHK with slim fit body and v-shape face looked much younger and I feel no age gap in Encounter at all, just social gap as in the story. 

I salute PD and the production house  who have sharp eyes to insist pairing PBG and SHK even they faced controversial from the age gap.

After I have watched and rewatched countlessly, I appreciated them the most for their acting to be exactly the characters and their professional determination to create their chemistry even nobody ever believed they can. 

When I watched BTS, their real identities amaze me even much more because of the difference from their assigned characters ...easily smiling SHK, playful PBG and PBG’s respectful interaction to SHK. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Encounter' FinaleSpoilers: Soo Hyun & Jin Hyuk BreakUp; Jin Hyuk Finds Out What His Mother Did

BY JESSICA RAPIR / JAN 22, 2019 04:44 AM EST.... 

EDITION : ENGLISH/

Share wicebook  soo-hyun-and-jin-hyuk-break-up-and-the-latter-finds-out-what-his-mother-did-in-the-upcoming-encounter-finale-photo-by-tvn-drama-youtube-screenshot.png?w=750Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk break up and the latter finds out what his mother did in the upcoming 'Encounter' finale. Photo by tvN Drama/YouTube Screenshot

A mix of different emotions is expected in the upcoming last two episodes for Encounter. For now, only one thing is certain. Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk will break up. Whether they will rekindle their romance at the end, that remains to be seen in the most-anticipated ending of K-drama Encounter.

The previous episode of the tvN melodrama ended in a bittersweet date of Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) and Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum) in a bookstore. Jin Hyuk had a great time but for Soo Hyun, it was a heartbreaking moment. She knows that it will be their last time together as she decided to break up with him.

At the end of the episode, Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk lovingly look at each other from the opposite ends of the hall. The latter shows off his sweetest smile to his girlfriend while Soo Hyun is teary-eyed as she tells herself that she is about to break the heart of the man who loves her so dearly. 

Earlier, Jin Hyuk made a promise to Soo Hyun's father that he will keep her safe and will stay on her side. Soo Hyun, on the other hand, met with Jin Hyuk's mother, who begged her to break up with her son. Then, Jin Hyuk's brother got in a fight with a friend because of Jin Hyuk's relationship with his boss. Soo Hyun begins to realize that is creating a problem at Jin Hyuk's family.

Jin Hyuk knew that there is something bothering Soo Hyun but he hasn't realized that it is his family. Jin Hyuk is probably thinking that Soo Hyun is just having a hard time at the hotel because of her ex-husband and former mother-in-law. Soo Hyun may also feel the guilt that her father abandoned his political ambition because of her.

In the teaser for Encounter Episode 15, Soo Hyun admits to Jin Hyuk that his mother sent her a tangerine tea and they have also met recently. She tells him that she can break the heart of his mother and instead, decided to end her relationship with Jin Hyuk.

It looks like Jin Hyuk will beg on Soo Hyun not to break up with him. He tries to hold her hand but Soo Hyun will pull her hand away. Another scene in the preview shows Soo Hyun removing from her finger the ring that Jin Hyuk gave to her.

Meanwhile, Jin Hyuk's mother is confessing to her husband what she asked Soo Hyun to do. It looks like there will a tension at home after that. Jin Hyuk's mother is seen sleeping at the couch, probably waiting for her son to arrive. But instead of waking her mother up, Jin Hyuk lovingly put a blanket over her and decided not to confront his mother about what she told Soo Hyun to do.

The Encounter finale is set to air this week. Episode 15 will be on January 23 while the last episode will be on January 24. It will air on tvN at 9:30 p.m. KST...source credit @http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/46561/20190122/encounter-finale-spoilers-soo-hyun-jin-hyuk-break-up-jin-hyuk-finds-out-what-his-mother-did.htm

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I want them to start speaking in informal way/banmal.  Jinhyuk did once when he was saying goodbye to Soohyun after she dropped him off at the bus station after the new years eve. It was fluttering!!

When will we ever hear them drop the "-shi" in their names :huh: 

• Like 6

@NongpeeP

Agree. Especially on the scene when KJH was the one taking the photos from the hotel's wedding cover, I can clearly see his chest muscles :love: It's funny how when I'm looking at the BTS scenes and PBG is acting like PBG. He's a cute little bunny that I just want to hug. :wub:

6 minutes ago, winter spring summer said:

I want them to start speaking in informal way/banmal.  Jinhyuk did once when he was saying goodbye to Soohyun after she dropped him off at the bus station after the new years eve. It was fluttering!!

I think they already did.

Last episode? When CSH was staring at "The Wedding" painting and KJH sneak up to her and whispered "Soo Hyun-shi".  

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

48 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

@NongpeeP

Agree. Especially on the scene when KJH was the one taking the photos from the hotel's wedding cover, I can clearly see his chest muscles :love: It's funny how when I'm looking at the BTS scenes and PBG is acting like PBG. He's a cute little bunny that I just want to hug. :wub:

Last episode? When CSH was staring at "The Wedding" painting and KJH sneak up to her and whispered "Soo Hyun-shi".  

@dukesa1122

I like the different height between PBG and SHK too, KJH looks protective to CSH when KJk embraces CSH’s shoulder while walking together.

CSH looks petite when she hugs or kisses with much taller KJH.

My favorite CSH’s body was when KJH embraced her delicate waist in CSH’s house when she poured tea.

I saw scenes with Chest and shoulder muscle, this is the real inspiration to make people work out to improve body appearance. 

By the way, KJH and CSH still called another with suffix of “shi”.

I want them drop this suffix in many scenes after they are boyfriend/girlfriend.

Counting down 15 hours to ep.15 with Eng subtitled preview.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, winter spring summer said:

I also love his long hair, it suits him well when styled right, like his TNGT photoshoot for that magazine. (I didn't like the way they styled his long hair in the Cuba scenes.) 

His hairstyle in Cuba (EP1) was so............

I know he is backpacking and all that... I don't mind him scruffy but that triangle hair is really... XD

Hahahahahahaha I tried so hard to not look at his hair

Luckily his hair is back to normal from EP2

Out of his 4 hairstyle in Encounter, 

I like his flipped up bangs (EP2~EP8) > Seokcho Hair (EP9) > Bowl Haircut (similar to Taek in 1988) > Middle Parting (that one was shown in flashbacks when he was doing all kinds of work) > Middle Parting (E10~) > Cuba hair (E1)

Middle parting is really hard... it depends on how you style it and can go wrong easily

3 hours ago, shyguitar said:

Shucks I’m dreading to watch tomorrow’s episode. But I can’t wait. 

I love CSH’s style on her second time in Cuba, where she’s wearing white top. Her no-make-up-look makes her glow even more. Her natural beauty is really something else. Especially when they were kissing and she opened her eyes, what a beauty. Her look on those scenes is so refreshing. So light that you will not think that she’s a CEO. In those times, she’s not carrying the loads of stress in Korea, she is merely KJH’s girlfriend. 

Happy ending please...

this is my way of consoling myself. Lol

Me too I'm dreading it but I can't wait either.

I'm a latecomer so I'm not ready to say goodbye to my favourite OTP, the drama and everyone here yet : (

I also prefer her style when she returns to Cuba. Something about the makeup is off on the 1st Episode (Maybe they overdid it? Please don't be offended)
I noticed she has got slimmer (her face especially) as the episode goes by, compared to the 1st episode 

Her eyes during that kissing scene is really.............mesmerising (especially she got that blurry, misted feels)  T_T

3 hours ago, shyguitar said:

On the scene where she’s drunk and force-feeding him the carrot. I heard something like: “uri jinhyuk shi ahhhhh (feeding him the carrot) “uri soohyun shi...”  something like that.. is that a term of endearment?

Well not entirely a term of endearment but you can tell they are close?

Drunk scene she called him: "Uri Jinhyuk-ee"; He called her: "Uri Soohyun-shi" (Our Jinhyuk-ee / Our Soohyun-shi)

but back in EP10 when they are video-calling, when she talked about how handsome he is,

she did say: "Jinhyuk-ee is the most handsome in the world." (The last sentence)

so Jinhyuk told her he felt really good especially when she called him "Jinhyuk-ee"

I thought from that point she's going to address him that, but : (

I also thought it would be fun if he calls her Noona for once XD

1 hour ago, winter spring summer said:

They already are speaking informally. (The ratio are slowly changing, they are shredding it bit by bit)

Soohyun speaks more frequently than Jinhyuk, I wish they could shred it all before E16 T_T

Oh speaking of that waving goodbye scene, I only just noticed he blew her a kiss as well!

I agree it was such a fluttering scene when they both say "Pali Ka~~~~" ("Leave quickly", in banmal)
I was screaming alone LOLLLL obviously I have no one to talk to back then T__T

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

52 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

@NongpeeP

I meant when will they stop calling each other's names with "shi". :)

• Like 6

I haven't watched from ep 13 to this day, I'll watch it after they're happy again. 
so that my sadness has a cure

just looking at the preview makes me frustrated, 
I won't be able to watch it will only worsen my current situation of turmoil

for writers, don't forget the promises you made to the audience, 
there will be lots of refunds if this ends badly
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, winter spring summer said:

I meant when will they stop calling each other's names with "shi". :)

Oops! Sorry. My eyes didn't see the "drop" in your statement. haha!

23 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

@dukesa1122

I like the different height between PBG and SHK too, KJH looks protective to CSH when KJk embraces CSH’s shoulder while walking together.

CSH looks petite when she hugs or kisses with much taller KJH.

Ahhhh.. Her height will always be an advantage when it comes to building chemistry with her leading man :D

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, bubblechoco said:

His hairstyle in Cuba (EP1) was so............

I know he is backpacking and all that... I don't mind him scruffy but that triangle hair is really... XD

Hahahahahahaha I tried so hard to not look at his hair

Luckily his hair is back to normal from EP2

Out of his 4 hairstyle in Encounter, 

I like his flipped up bangs (EP2~EP8) > Seokcho Hair (EP9) > Bowl Haircut (similar to Taek in 1988) > Middle Parting (that one was shown in flashbacks when he was doing all kinds of work) > Middle Parting (E10~) > Cuba hair (E1)

Middle parting is really hard... it depends on how you style it and can go wrong easily

I get what you mean about his ep 1 hairstyle in Cuba :D

And speaking of his long hair. It's amazing how he didn't really intend to grow out his hair for a role and he just personally wanted to sport a long hair while he wasn't doing any dramas and then months later he was casted for Encounter and they were able to use his long hair for his character. :wub:

and then finally he had a haircut.. in Cuba. :D I wonder if he went to a local hairsalon there or his own stylist cut it 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, winter spring summer said:

I get what you mean about his ep 1 hairstyle in Cuba :D

And speaking of his long hair. It's amazing how he didn't really intend to grow out his hair for a role and he just personally wanted to sport a long hair while he wasn't doing any dramas and then months later he was casted for Encounter and they were able to use his long hair for his character. :wub:

and then finally he had a haircut.. in Cuba. :D I wonder if he went to a local hairsalon there or his own stylist did it

Looks like an onigiri XD

Must be his own stylist / stylist of the drama crew, can't be a local hair salon, what if it went wrong??????? LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

7 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

Looks like an onigiri XD

Must be his own stylist / stylist of the drama crew, can't be a local hair salon, what if it went wrong??????? LOL

You're right, hahaha, omg. Imagine if they messed up with his hair :D

Spoiler

OT but I just got reminded of 2 days 1 night when they went to Cuba and Kim Junho came out of a hairsalon crying  :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

13 minutes ago, shyguitar said:

omg she must've seen him breaking down on the street. if so, she might change her mind right  way if she sees him wallowing in pain.

No but am sure his expressions when she tells him would be even worse.. from shock to despair to.... can't imagine..

So excited n nervous for today.. feels like am taking some exam / attending interview:sweatingbullets:

• Like 5