[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Oh Gosh!

Another BTS! I have to scrub my eyes with PBG being PBG. He’s 360 degrees different from KJH but he surely rocks the role and more!

@ 1:57 of the video. You dont know how much it means to me to see Kyo BTS. We rarely see her true her personality. Seeing her in her natural form (not in character) is always a happy pill! :heart:

P.S. I dont know why fonts go small and large like that. :blink:

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Another BTS! I have to scrub my eyes with PBG being PBG. He’s 360 degrees different from KJH but he surely rocks the role and more!

@ 1:57 of the video. You dont know how much it means to me to see Kyo BTS. We rarely see her true her personality. Seeing her in her natural form (not in character) is always a happy pill! :heart:

PBG being his cheerful self is always fun to watch..

Spoiler

If you got time, try to watch BG in Youth over Flower and Hyori's Bed n Breakfast 2 (i think YOF is available in VIU, while HBB 2 in Netflix)

he's absolutely have different nature to KJH yet the same manners.. so without a doubt his acting skill in Encounter is outstanding

And, Jang Seung-Jo is undeniably handsome :lol:. Not fond with his character, but he nailed it..

• Like 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

Oh Gosh!

P.S. I dont know why fonts go small and large like that. :blink:

Me too, im so happy to see SHK being herself, and i dont know if im the only one but JSH seems shy and happy when SHK said were friends and lets be friends in the next drama... hopefully they get to work again and of course PBG too...                         Im so anxiously waiting for the next episode but them i have to work on the final episode:anguished: thinking of calling off... i so love this kdrama, hopefully SHK and PBG will have the opportunity to work again:wub:

• Like 17

Reposting it here so if anybody needs it’s just in this page:

LET US NOT JUST HOLE UP HERE CHINGUS. HELP CREATE BUZZ FOR THE DRAMA! Retweet/Repost with these hashtags:

#tvN남자친구 #남자친구 #Boyfriend #Encounter #김진혁 #차수현 #tvNBoyfriend #tvNEncounter

#송혜교 #SongHyeKyo

#남자친구 #박보검 #ParkBoGum

Start liking and viewing TVN’s Encounter channel in YT:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdyB3s37qpTMNgq8b1TqznFn2QQnkkUSl

Browse through all the videos.

LET’S CREATE MORE BUZZ FOR OUR LAST EPISODES!

• Like 7

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@NongpeeP Well, JH's mother uses her "weak constitution" and "gentle, sweet manners" in order to have her family focused on her. That way she is able to get her ways. Her words towards CSH were actually rude in my opinion:

- First, she expected CSH to be upset. She never mentioned the word "pain, suffer" or something similar. She implied that CSH's pride had been hurt or CSH considered herself as superior. 

- Secondly,  she made an allusion that CSH had never intended to marry JH. "Dating doesn't lead to marriage".

- Thirdly, she claimed that CSH and JH belonged to two different worlds. This showed that she had no idea about CSH and had huge prejudice about her. Moreover, she used this as an excuse that they couldn't be together.

The mother is as selfish as the other mothers in this drama. 

@bebebisous33

Yes, KJH’s mom is as you mentioned, her act seems polite but her words is strong&rude and reflected her own safe zone she does not let her son be. 

Her sneaking procedure by sending letter to Orange syrup via Snail store man is scary. 

That’s why I mentioned arguing might not solve her problem but let her know it is too late to beg for break up and be back to her normality before KJH met CSH, all incidents have already occurred esp. KJH’s heart to CSH and his new side’s being if he forced to break up with her. KJH’s mom has to choose to give blessing to KJH&CSH or challenge to receive unexpected result which could shaken her safe zone even worse. 

8 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

@bebebisous33

That tangyrine syrup did look like overly sweet. KJH’s mom seems like WS’s mom in terms of tradition and regularity in their status. Although this doesn’t present a pretty picture, if you think about it, it actually makes sense. 

WS’s mom prays tradition from the upper class, therefore she wants things from the upperclass, people from the upperclass and tend to manipulate his son the way upperclass people do.

KJH’s mom although inferior, loves to follow tradition as well. She wants things and does things at an average level because she knows that that is her place. She manipulated CSH at her level (not with money but with emotions)

Giving KJH’s mom the benefit of the doubt that she is ignorant and seemingly not very educated to realize what she did might be stretching it after looking at how miserable KJH and CSH are. I’m scared to think that if his mom just had money and power, she will be exactly act like WS’s mom.

@dukesa1122

Mom’s love and overprotection is classic, it is very hard to fight when  this is “mom”.

Anyway, we shall see how a son handle his mom to suit her style.

6 hours ago, luvhollandlop said:

I am not a fan of JH’s mum actions. And yes, I love @bebebisous33 analogy of the preserved tangerines as a symbol of devastating love of JH’s mum. Too sweet for one’s welfare.

I believe parents should not rush in to “save” their children from pain. Of course, I’m not talking about life threatening types. Pain (when not life threatening) has its purpose in life. As a parent, when we rush in to “save” our child, we deprive them of a chance to learn and grow from the process of handling pain. We also inadvertently made our child less tolerant of pain. So even if JH’s mum’s “rescuing” JH from pain by asking SH to break up is from a place of good intention, it is a no no for me. That’s why in my earlier post I said her behaviour was impulsive.

I do see hope for her though. She had shown that she was conflicted. She was drinking on her own. In the preview, she mentioned she will sow what she reap. She was crying when she said that. Perhaps she knew what she had done was wrong and the negative effects her actions carried. That’s good. To me, that meant that she wasn’t ok with what she did. She felt guilty. Compare this with WS’s mum and SH’s mum. They never express guilt or pain for their behaviour.

Hopefully, JH’s mum will right what had done. 

@luvhollandlop Mom will learn the effect of her deed when she can not protect her son from challenging change in his love life, her fear of her son’s effect will teach her to still reject or have to accept.

3 hours ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

PBG being his cheerful self is always fun to watch..

Hide contents

If you got time, try to watch BG in Youth over Flower and Hyori's Bed n Breakfast 2 (i think YOF is available in VIU, while HBB 2 in Netflix)

he's absolutely have different nature to KJH yet the same manners.. so without a doubt his acting skill in Encounter is outstanding

@rosiepeonie188

Park Bo Gum at 25 years old is cheerful and lively as his age with positive vibes as he is BUT when camera started, he can create Kim Jin Hyuk on screen perfectly.

Plus, Park Bo Gum’s teenage & lively looks when he was going to do MCs for MAMA and Music Bank make me realize, oh, he is not as same as the Kim Jin Hyuk.

Park Bo Gum’s acting is amazing esp. the recent preview, audiences can feel how KJH is crying with unbelievably painful hurt from collapsed world without CSH which he has never reserved space in his heart to let CSH go.

Spoiler

Yes, I have watched Youth Over the Flower in Iceland (PBG is a nice makbae who shared his feeling like no pictures with his mom and he also is thankful for a small mercies) and Hyori Home Stay 2 (PBG is a fanboy who joined because of Hyori but he did the best for his job there with determined&vigorous spirit)

==============

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003122897

By Google Translate

'Boyfriend' directed analog emotion .. caught the house theater

[헤럴드POP=고명진 기자

'Boyfriend' uses analogue props in the right place to add a force to the emotional line that rages like a storm and moistens the sensuality of the modern people.

TVN 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-ae / director Park Shin-woo / production studio dragon, Bong-shin factory), making poetical dialogue with delicate directing and sensitivity.

Among them, analogue props that add sensitivity to the scene attract the audience's feelings and keep viewers out of the picture.

# film

The first analog props is film. 'Boyfriend' focuses attention on directing Suhyeon (Song Hye Kyo) and Jin Hyeok (박 boogungmin), which visualize each other at the same time in the movie, in the form of film rather than simple split cuts.

In the first session, Suhyeon and Jinhyeok returned to their quarters after a casual meeting, and they looked at each other and smiled.

In the seventh session, the memories of Suhyeon and Jinhyuk, The two of them had a look on their face, so they could not take their eyes off.

In the 5th session, Suhyeon and Jinhyeok were born again in front of the painting "Where and what to see again", and the memories of the two people were rewritten into the film composition and attracted attention. Especially, before Suhyeon and Jinhyeok had their first meeting in Cuba, there was already a picture of how they walked in Korea.

# Books

The second analog props are books. 'Boyfriend' is adding a sensitivity to the direction of writing written on the figure of Suhyeon and Jinhyeok like a page of a book containing an illustration. Three times, Jinhyeok confessed that he had come to realize his mind toward Suhyun and wanted to visit Suhyun straight away. At this time, I do not want to go to the top of Suhyeon, full of surprises and surprises, but there is a way to go. There is a person who wants to meet while not meeting. If not, there is something I want to do more. It is life and longing. It was just you. "

Also, in the 9th meeting, a reunion at the end of a sad breakup and a hot hug in front of the sea over the figure of Suhyeon and Jinhyeok, "It was my job to think about you if the wave was a sea thing" .

Moreover, 'boyfriend' is quoting the phrase of the book in addition to the directing part of the book, and the books which fit the situation of Suhyun and Jinhyuk are introduced and double the lyrical feeling.

# Black & White Photography & Video

The third analog props are black and white pictures and black and white pictures. In 'Boyfriend', the pictures taken by Suhyeon and Jinhyeok are expressed in black and white, not in a toxic color. Sohyeon and Jinhyeok are carrying each other with black and white photographs, as though they have lived a very different life, but they represent the hearts of two people looking at each other without wearing sunglasses. It captures the attention of viewers as a factor that makes the two people feel sincerely focused on each other, while excluding the gaze and situation around them.

In addition to this, the life of Suhyun, who was breathtaking in the first episode, started as a silent movie in black and white, and increased her immersion.

In addition, the first meeting with Jin Hyeok in Cuba Moroccanya, the past of Suhyun, looking at the sunset, flows in black and white, and a smile is appearing on his face, which is sunk in the sunlight. I made my life look forward too.

As such, 'boyfriend' is making the audience feel emotionally immersed by directing analog props between the plays.

In the remaining two sessions, expectations for stimulating emotions with some dramas and props are on the rise.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 4

58 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Yes, KJH’s mom is as you mentioned, her act seems polite but her words is strong&rude and reflected her own safe zone she does not let her son be. 

Her sneaking procedure by sending letter to Orange syrup via Snail store man is scary.

That’s why I mentioned arguing might not solve her problem but let her know it is too late to beg for break up and be back to her normality before KJH met CSH, all incidents have already occurred esp. KJH’s heart to CSH and his new side’s being if he forced to break up with her. KJH’s mom has to choose to give bless to KJH&CSH or challenge to receive unexpected result which shaken her safe zone even worse. 

I do understand where she is coming from, 

I agree with what @lolly84 have said earlier that she has a limited mind,

Her life only evolves around her husband, her two deary sons, the fruit stall, and housework... it was all the same everyday

But ever since Soohyun came into Jinhyuk's life, it has shaken up their lives (well the drama did not depict much, but I am totally fine with that really) and she couldn't take it

From Soohyun's POV,

I think she is scared, nervous from the moment she decided to pay Jinhyuk's home for a visit [Mood mode: 50% / 50%]

As soon as she stepped into his home, everyone was very welcoming, even his mum (uneasy, but still in a friendly mode) [Mood mode: 65%+]

She thought she has been kind of accepted by the family...

and that two proposal speech from Jinhyuk do actually soothe her mind bit by bit (still not optimistic i know, but at least her reaction was way better in the 2nd one)

and that orange preserve......... BOOM!

It was Mijin who handed this to her (and not Jinhyuk!) [Mood mode drops back to 50%]

She looked at the jar thinking........... until she opened and read the note [Mood mode: 40%]

When she saw Yeonja's face at the cafe................. [Mood mode: 30%]

And she slammed the door so hard (e.g. stop seeing my son, marriage was never a question right) to her............ [Mood mode: 5%]

That last 5% had gone disappeared after the punching incident of Jinmyung

I still haven't watch E14, but I knew it from the recaps

=

That fried chicken scene with her son... the dialogue...

she slammed another door right in front of her son "Mother will not change"

I understand this is her way of "protecting" her son and her family,
but as a viewer, I do not like it, I cannot like it

and trust me, I'm not launching a vile personal attack on Yeonja, this is not what I do,

but I just don't prefer, or like, the way she handles this (But given her background, it is understandable)

=

OK, I don't even know what I'm trying to say here

*heads back to bed, for real this time*

• Like 12
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, bubblechoco said:

I do understand where she is coming from, 

I agree with what @lolly84 have said earlier that she has a limited mind,

Her life only evolves around her husband, her two deary sons, the fruit stall, and housework... it was all the same everyday

But ever since Soohyun came into Jinhyuk's life, it has shaken up their lives (well the drama did not depict much, but I am totally fine with that really) and she couldn't take it

From Soohyun's POV,

I think she is scared, nervous from the moment she decided to pay Jinhyuk's home for a visit [Mood mode: 50% / 50%]

As soon as she stepped into his home, everyone was very welcoming, even his mum (uneasy, but still in a friendly mode) [Mood mode: 70%+]

She thought she has been kind of accepted by the family...

and that two proposal speech from Jinhyuk do actually soothe her mind bit by bit (still not optimistic i know, but at least her reaction was way better in the 2nd one)

and that orange preserve......... BOOM!

It was Mijin who handed this to her (and not Jinhyuk!) [Mood mode drops back to 50%]

She looked at the jar thinking........... until she opened and read the note [Mood mode: 40%]

When she saw Yeonja's face at the cafe................. [Mood mode: 15%]

And she slammed the door so hard (e.g. stop seeing my son, marriage was never a question right) to her............ [Mood mode: 5%]

I still haven't watch E14, but I knew it from the recaps

=

That fried chicken scene with her son... the dialogue...

she slammed another door right in front of her son "Mother will not change"

I understand this is her way of "protecting" her son and her family,
but nooooo i really cannot take it,
I do not like it

=

OK, I don't even know what I'm trying to say here

*heads back to bed, for real this time*

@bubblechoco

Thank you so much for your BTS translation, Park Bo Gum is cheerful in a way that is different from KJH.

I wanna watch more BTS of PBG and SHK together more but BTS crews might keep our imagination of KJH&CSH on screen.

I understand what KJH’s mom thought and attempted to do but she will realize this is real world with interactions among people beyond her expectation including KJH&CSH’s relationship and KJH’s development after meeting CSH, reversing world to nothing happen by asking just CSH is impossible.

In addition to KJH’s mom’s lessons learned, I wanna let CSH change too because KJH&CSH’s obstacles might come more and more, CSH should learn to embrace her love with KJH tight and will not give up by breaking up anymore.

CSH’s possessive sense for KJH should crucially aroused to let CSH realize if CSH asks to take a break or break up, other women can approach him too:

no matter HI (I wanna let CSH know HI’s deep&serious secret admirer to KJH.), colleagues, or newcomers, outsiders or even think about extreme case with blind date forcefully set by  his mom or his relatives. 

CSH might be more proactive and initiative with KJH from potentially jealousy.

CSH should not take it for granted that there will be no other women in his life, unrequited first love does not mean no more love.

KJH is not a deadwood, he is still young, good looking, and nice personality. B)

CSH might have to choose to fight with her sufficated feeling to keep KJH (against KJH’s mom) or let KJH go. (Other women has a chance)

In addition to CSH’s mentioning she learnt how to separate from her ex-husband, she should learn another observatiom from him. CSH’s ex-husband’s possessive sense has been aroused after 4 years divorce due to KJH’s appearance.:phew:

Mom’s over-protection might be scary and annoying but women’s jealousy&possesion could be very powerful too. 

======

Encounter: still filming till even the on-air day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Soohyun in her office with Wooseok

(E14)

Soohyun, trying to fill herself with emotions before filming - Scene where she talked with Wooseok about the correct way of separation - 

After the filming is done, Hyekyo said "We are friends! Friends with same age!" Jang Seungjo: "Looks like we only say hello and that's it!"

Hyekyo: "Hello? And then the drama is ending. Let's meet again in the next project in a friendly way" Jang Seungjo: "Sure" Staff: "As brother & sister?" Hyekyo: "Brother & sister?" Jang Seungjo: "That sounds good"

- and then back to filming again- I'm translating this while I'm half asleep~~~~ Didn't even bother to check any grammatical or spelling mistakes  Please read it lightly 

-----

THANK YOU!! 

i guess the scene of JWS and CSH above was the last scene of them together..

Then let's give our OTP more  happy-lovey-dovey screen time

• Like 12

1 hour ago, bubblechoco said:

Love your analysis and you are so accurate!! So how will CSH get back to 100% , I think with CSH its more of an internal battle , she must learn to trust and rely on KJH..which I think she will once her parents are indicted in the scandal!! Thats when she might pbly breakdown all her barriers..right now she has gone back to her cocoon to protect herself!! 

She  is a super strong person, but unless she trusts KJH, her mood mode will never be 100% ..actually until she marries KJH her mood mode will never be 100%. With just 2 episodes, I am not sure how they will address this.

I doubt if there will be a time jump now, coz time will heal everything, but trust cannot be earned if they are going to on a break. If anything, it will make trusting the other more difficult over time ( if they are on a break!) 

@bebebisous33 , loved ur tangerine analysis!! But one thing, KJH mom did try to reach CSH through phone, she couldnt and hence she went through DC/Sec Jang!! And yes, she is possessive of her fav. kid.!

Like most of you said, she is simple minded and conservative..In Korea, there is still the culture of sons living with parents post marriage ..aka joint family!! So KJH mom never thought otherwise, but when she came to know about CSH, she realized that her son will not be with her and she is threatened!!

But interestingly, KJH had already envisioned living with CSH in her apt - which he had hinted so many times...so he is ready to live with her separately , he had made up his mind in a way!! 

I would love to see KJH park himself in CSH apt after finding out the truth. He should start living there, society be damned and protect CSH with all the onslaught that she will face with regards to  the hotel and TG group and the scandal. They should get married immly to put a stop to all the issues..but given how thoughtful KJH really is , I doubt this will happen !! This is what I would expect from any guy in this situation. It would be fun to stay in CSH place, and convince her that there is no breakup for them!! 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 4

25 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Encounter: still filming till even the on-air day

Wow, wonder how will they edit and do all the background work in next 2 days!! Lot of  hard work!! 

Makes me wonder if they edited the script ( for a happy ending) since they are shooting till the last day!! 

Also, I guess no more Cuba scenes if they are still filming for ep 16!! 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 1

If so, what the bejeweled are they doing in Cuba for a Month then? :joy:

1 more day chingus! We will know how everything will end. And I’m sincerely, truly, praying for KJH and CSH to get back together. It doesnt matter to me if they get married or not. As long as they get back together! 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

@bubblechoco

Thank you for the translation. I’m almost sure someone will copy and paste that to instagram :joy:

Good gracious! I hope not T__T

35 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

@bubblechoco

In addition to KJH’s mom’s lessons learned, sometimes I wanna rouse CSH’s possessive sense about KJH to let CSH realize if CSH asks to take a break or break up with KJH, other women can approach him too, no matter HI (I wanna let CSH know HI’s deep&serious secret admirer to KJH.), colleagues, or newcomers, outsiders or even think about extreme case with blind date forcefully set by  his mom or his relatives. 

CSH might be more proactive and initiative with KJH from jealousy.

CSH should not take it for granted that there will be no other women in his life, unrequited first love does not mean no more love.

======

Encounter: still filming

OMG I thought about that too! But i doubt Soohyun will ever find out Hyein's feelings

But maybe she will find out about Eunjin's (Jinhyuk's colleague) crush on Jinhyuk XD That would be funny

But yes, once they are back together (no more obstacles please! go away!)

I want her to be more initiative, look how happy Jinhyuk was when she tried to initiate something! (Skinship, that "I Love You", etc)

We'll also get to see a different side of Soohyun, which it would be so refreshing!

=

Translations:

Byebye "Boyfriend"

Filming will be finished tomorrow

Thankful to have met such nice people and work project

#Boyfriend #TvnBoyfriend #Drama #SongHyeKyo #ParkBoGum #Boyfriend #Bye

@NongpeeP Oh you posted this too! Just saw your post after I posted mine! Opps! 

=

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

T___________________________T

• Like 15
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2