[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

2 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

I have the same assumption, only it's the other way around lol. He overhears his parents first, rushes to Soo Hyun, they break it off or she insists that things are still off(?) He's stubborn so he calls her several times the following hour/day/night. Seems like his sidewalk breakdown came after he met Soo Hyun in her office. 

These are all wild guesses. Previews can be misleading :sweatingbullets:

At least we have the same assumption! Hahaha great minds think alike! :blush:

PLEASE I BEG YOU DON'T DRAG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU HEAR US WRITER YOO?

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Park Bo Gum Named Most Buzzworthy Actor Of The Week + “SKY Castle” Holds On To 6-Week Record

Park Bo Gum Named Most Buzzworthy Actor Of The Week + “SKY Castle” Holds On To 6-Week Record

Jan 21, 2019
by C. Hong

On January 21, Good Data Corporation released their weekly rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members.

The Good Data Corporation analyzed 34 dramas that aired between January 14 and January 20 in the areas of online articles, blog posts, community forums, social media, and views on video clips.

JTBC’s “SKY Castle” topped the most buzzworthy dramas list for the sixth consecutive week and recently overtookGoblin” to be the highest-rated drama in cable network history. Several “SKY Castle” actors also made appearances on the most buzzworthy actors list, including Kim Hye Yoon (No. 8), Jung Joon Ho (No. 9), Kim Seo Hyung (No. 4), Kim Bo Ra (No. 5), and Yum Jung Ah (No. 6).

In second place on the buzzworthy dramas list was tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra,” which aired its final episode on Sunday. Lead actor Hyun Bin also rose from No. 5 on the list last week to No. 3 this week.

Meanwhile, Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyofrom tvN’s “Encounter” returned this week to the No. 1 and No. 2 rankings on the buzzworthy actors list, though they have consistently ranked in the top 10 since their drama’s premiere. “Encounter” ranked in fourth place on the dramas list, a spot that it has held on to for five consecutive weeks.

Top 10 TV Dramas This Week:

1. JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  2. tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  3. SBS’s “The Last Empress
  4. tvN’s “Encounter”
  5. tvN’s “The Crowned Clown
  6. KBS’s “My Only One
  7. KBS’s “Liver or Die
  8. KBS’s “My Lawyer, Mr. Joe 2
  9. JTBC’s “Clean With Passion for Now”
  10. SBS’s “My Strange Hero

buzzworthy-dramas1.jpg

Top 10 Cast Members This Week:

1. Park Bo Gum – tvN’s “Encounter”
  2. Song Hye Kyo – tvN’s “Encounter”
  3. Hyun Bin – tvN”s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  4. Kim Seo Hyung – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  5. Kim Bo Ra – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  6. Yum Jung Ah – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  7. Jang Nara – SBS’s “The Last Empress”
  8. Kim Hye Yoon – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  9. Jung Joon Ho – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  10. Yeo Jin Goo – tvN’s “The Crowned Clown”

buzzworthy-actors1.jpg

“SKY Castle” will air its final two episodes on January 25 and 26 at 11 p.m. KST and will soon be available on Viki.

You can watch Park Bo Gum in the latest episode of “Encounter” on Viki now:....source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1296281wpp/park-bo-gum-named-buzzworthy-actor-week-sky-castle-holds-6-week-record

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 6

28 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

I have the same assumption, only it's the other way around lol. He overhears his parents first, rushes to Soo Hyun, they break it off or she insists that things are still off. Then she finally brings up his mother(?) He's stubborn so he calls her several times the following hour/day/night. Seems like his sidewalk breakdown came after he met Soo Hyun in her office. Then he comes home to see his mother sleeping on the couch and is kind enough to put a blanket over her.

These are all wild guesses. Previews can be misleading :sweatingbullets:

Mine is lil different..

When he checks his phone with 11 calls to CSH ( he is not wearing scarf and its a light coat/jacket)..so different day

My take is CSH  breaks off with him ( he is wearing scarf), he cries and goes home, overhears his parents, then goes to CSH, she tells about the orange syrup and says still off, he is upset but now that he knows the real reason is his mother, he doesn't accept their break off..!!  Then later when he is home, he puts blanket over his mom ( same scarf ) 

so during the next day/several days he keeps trying to call CSH , hence the 11 calls to CSH on another day!! Also, the same scene is shown from a mirror angle and JH is turning around in shock in that same spot in preview..so am guessing its CSH behind him..maybe Ep 15 ending? lets have a hug atleast in Ep 15 ending pls!! 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 8
  • Thanks 1

the preview is so emotional..! makes my head dizzy..

about the rumour, I mention the male actor in my early post in this thread , what a coincidence 

and I'm so happy about the news that Encounter will be aired in 100 countries. I expect to see both SHK and PBG going for promotions, awards etc

• Like 10

9 hours ago, nikir said:

Yes KJH mom must be confessing to dad..glad that she is feeling guilty and unhappy!! And KJH is wearing different clothes ( not the one from their date in ep 14)..so am guessing that KJH hears his mom confessing and is shocked? 

Jinhyuk's mom loves him so much but she does not even give her support to Jinhyuk knowing he already declared in front of her during chicken restaurant scene that they are the two women important to him and loved by him that's why it will be for sure the future scenes are heartbreaking for him.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Caption:

"Suddenly!"

#Boyfriend # BTeam # Suddenly #TakingPhotos #PO #Lovely # VeryCold

• Like 13
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Preview Ep15:bawling: omg!! My heart really can't take it.. Ep13 & 14 so heartbreaking:bawling: bogum new pic with staff.. Please correct me..Saw Jinhyuk left hand got bandage? Or something wrong with my eyes:huh: Is that why got scene in hospital? Please2 pd-nim.. I'm still positive for jinsoo happy ending in ep16.. Please make this sad moment only 30 minutes in ep15 :frown:.after that happy moments for jinsoo:star:

• Like 3
  • Sad 13

5 hours ago, bubblechoco said:

Jinhyuk: It's that person's hardest moment... But there is nothing I can do
Jinhyuk's mum: "What can I do... I'll reap what I sow..."

Congressman Cha: "That fund... l am going to reveal it as I knew it from the start"

Driver Nam: "Your father wants to put your life back on track... That gave him the confidence"

Soohyun: "I received some orange preserves from your mother..."
                  "It's so pure and pretty... How can I destroy that?"
                  "I can't do it... Jinhyuk"

=

Who do you guys think Jinhyuk is talking with?

Why do I feel like it's Driver Nam?

• Like 10
  • Insightful 2

5 minutes ago, lolipop86gorgeous said:

Preview Ep15:bawling: omg!! My heart really can't take it.. Ep13 & 14 so heartbreaking:bawling: bogum new pic with staff.. Please correct me..Saw Jinhyuk left hand got bandage? Or something wrong with my eyes:huh: Is that why got scene in hospital? Please2 pd-nim.. I'm still positive for jinsoo happy ending in ep16.. Please make this sad moment only 30 minutes in ep15 :frown:.after that happy moments for jinsoo:star:

Yeah, it seems like he has an elastic bandage on his left hand, not sure though. Maybe he felt so frustrated so he displaced his emotions by hitting the wall??? If ever, I hope SH realizes how miserable he is without her and eventually change her mind and give in. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 2

8 minutes ago, lolipop86gorgeous said:

.Saw Jinhyuk left hand got bandage?

ok saw that pic now!! am not sure if it is for the shoot? since they are having lunch??

Also are we sure there is a hospital scene..i couldnt find anything in IG!!

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, angelmas said:

Ommo...:bawling: what with the preview...omg jin hyuk ahhh...I am torn in between bo gum super great acting and heartbreaking Jin Hyuk....

But, I got the feeling about this drama gonna has happy ending (or at least positive ending) since the start...that way all the struggles do not become meaningless and give courage for people to fall in love again..(just like what shk said in interview,if I am not mistaken). for sure episode 15 might be made for us to cry out loud with the leads and it might be super duper sweet in final episode...

Stay calm dear chingus..:heart:

someone please teach me how to move on after this drama ended..cause I don;t think I can bear the empty week without jin soo in my screen...oh my...I wish they (PBG and SHK) will work together again...in movie perhaps? their chemistry should not be waste... :)

For that advice, I certainly do not know also...crying here...:bawling::heartbreak:

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

Is it a bandage? Or is it just the lighting? JH doesn’t strike me as a punching the wall type but we all have our limits I suppose.

Spoiler

I work in the medical field and I’ve seen a lot of broken hearted people who did worse things. Impulse control can be a problem when emotions are heightened. Some do it out of frustration, but some do it to get attention from their ex lover

Like I said, it’s very out of character for JH to do this.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 6

1 hour ago, bubblechoco said:

From my assumption?

I think after they broke up (not sure how), Jinhyuk tried to reach her, called 11 times but Soohyun didn't pick up (in case she give in)

No signs of her calling back, couldn't stand it, wants to meet and talk to her face to face, overheard his parents convo, etc

Speaking aside, I can confirm the phone is Jinhyuk's

=

@NongpeeP Sounds familiar right? I thought of her right away when I first heard about Encounter

Sigh....... I really want them to solve the problem before E15 ends........

=

@mellinadear B I N G O

=

@bubblechoco

Thank you for clarifying about 11 missed call.

For the huge chaebol group’s divorcee with high position in chaebol business and a male who used to be a face of such business. We could think that it might be the writer nim’s partial inspiration.

=======

When I rewatch Preview many times, it is very powerful, strike to audiences’ heart and wanna know what happen to this defenseless guy.

It reminded that this love is Kim Jin Hyuk’s first love and he has never reserved the space in his heart to be without Cha Soo Hyun.

Kim Jin Hyuk loves with all of his whole being and thinks that he can control his fate with Cha Soo Hyun no matter what he wanna take risks.

However, he has just realized there is “what” he might have to surrender which are his mom’s stong disapproval and CSH’s response to such mom’s opinion.

Park Bo Gum, how could you act to let audiences listen to Kim Jin Hyuk’s broken heart with collapsed soul like this. T_T 

Actually it is Cha Soo Hyun’s first love too, she is very sad and does not wanna let KJH go but she has never believed that she can really be happy with KJH, she lives with space in her heart to be separated. It is another kind of torturing not to dare dreaming positively and happily.

Google Translate:

The Jinhyek of the world sad in front of the star
Jin-Jin is crying too and I'm crying too

Tvn boyfriend > every week 9:30 broadcast
#tvN #수목드라마 #남자친구 #송혜교 #박보검

1 hour ago, bubblechoco said:

Caption:

"Suddenly!"

#Boyfriend # BTeam # Suddenly #TakingPhotos #PO #Lovely # VeryCold

A’s team with the chief PD might be with Kim Jin Hyuk and Park Bo Gum, what happens in such production A team? 

I really hope Park Bo Gum can survive from hard working due to unexpected crashed schedule after postponing Encounter’s ending from last week to this week...

- Encounter’s non-stop filming with tough script and story in the freezed weather&polluted air, 

- his Music Bank MC in HK, 

and

- his fan meeting in Seoul this coming Saturday. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2