[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

3 Things To Look Forward To In The Last Episodes Of “Encounter”

Jan 21, 2019
by D. S.kim

tvN’s “Encounter” only has two episodes left until the end, and audiences are going wild with guesses on how the drama will end.

Here are three things to look forward to in the last episodes of “Encounter.”

Spoiler

1. Will Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk’s romance continue?

Attention pours in as to how the romance between Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) and Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum) will end. In the latest episode, Soo Hyun is repeatedly reminded of Jin Hyuk’s mother who begged Soo Hyun to break up with her son. In addition, she finds out that Jin Hyuk’s brother got in a fight trying to defend her name, and she begins to think that she is destroying Jin Hyuk’s family and decides to break up with him.

On the other hand, Jin Hyuk does the complete opposite. He promises Soo Hyun’s father that he will keep her safe and asks Soo Hyun’s mother for her approval.

Just like that, Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk currently have different ideas about their relationship. This is evident at the end of episode 14 as Jin Hyuk has a smile on his face and Soo Hyun has teary eyes. Jin Hyuk says, “Where is the end of your world, Soo Hyun? One thing for sure is that wherever that is, I’m there,” but Soo Hyun says, “Jin Hyuk, I’m breaking up with you now.”

2. Will Soo Hyun be able to keep her position as the CEO of Dong Hwa Hotel?

Kim Hwa Jin (Cha Hwa Yun), Soo Hyun’s ex-mother-in-law, wants to take away Dong Hwa Hotel from Soo Hyun to place her son Jung Woo Seok (Jang Seung Jo) as the hotel’s only CEO. In response, Soo Hyun shows her determination to keep her position. She also shows that she is done with Taegyeong Group for good by choosing not to attend the memorial of Jung Woo Suk’s father.

In addition, Soo Hyun’s father also tries to cut his ties with Taegyeong group in politics, enraging Kim Hwa Jin even more. Curiosity arises among viewers as to how Kim Hwa Jin will plan her vengeance on Soo Hyun’s family.

3. The conflicted relationship between Soo Hyun’s father and mother

Soo Hyun’s father has begun to fight for her daughter against the wishes of Soo Hyun’s  mother. On top of rejecting Kim Hwa Jin’s offer to help with the election, he joins forces with another political party. Furthermore, he asks Jin Hyuk to take care of Soo Hyun while he completes his task and tells Kim Sun Joo (Kim Hye Eun) and Nam Myung Sik (Go Chang Suk) that he will never be called a congressmen.

Soo Hyun’s mother is in shock to find out that her husband has gone against her wishes. As a result, her dream of becoming the first lady has come crumbling down. Viewers are curious to see if Soo Hyun’s parents will work things out in favor of her daughter.

The next episode of “Encounter” will air on January 23 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Catch up with the latest episode below! Source Credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1296151wpp/3-things-look-forward-last-episodes-encounter

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

You guys’ comments made me think about this scenario:

- KJH knew his mom’s strong disapproval and CSH’s being objected&CSH’s thought of not hurt his mom. 

- However, KJH loves CSH and promised to CSH’s dad to be by her side esp. when CSH is in severe trouble.

For CSH, her life will be much more complicated when her father might confess what he politically related to Taekyoung Group, her father and she might be on headline news about this bribery and corruption

Her CEO position, Taekyoung Group’s complicated association, Daughter of a wellknown politician might be on halt. 

Could KJH be able to leave CSH lonely in such shocking& troubling situations? 

KJH might have this good reason to fight with sensible approaches to be back with CSH.

============

https://www.soompi.com/article/1296151wpp/3-things-look-forward-last-episodes-encounter

Jan 21, 2019
by D. S.kim

tvN’s “Encounter” only has two episodes left until the end, and audiences are going wild with guesses on how the drama will end.

Here are three things to look forward to in the last episodes of “Encounter.”

Spoiler

1. Will Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk’s romance continue?

Attention pours in as to how the romance between Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) and Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum) will end. In the latest episode, Soo Hyun is repeatedly reminded of Jin Hyuk’s mother who begged Soo Hyun to break up with her son. In addition, she finds out that Jin Hyuk’s brother got in a fight trying to defend her name, and she begins to think that she is destroying Jin Hyuk’s family and decides to break up with him.

On the other hand, Jin Hyuk does the complete opposite. He promises Soo Hyun’s father that he will keep her safe and asks Soo Hyun’s mother for her approval.

Just like that, Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk currently have different ideas about their relationship. This is evident at the end of episode 14 as Jin Hyuk has a smile on his face and Soo Hyun has teary eyes. Jin Hyuk says, “Where is the end of your world, Soo Hyun? One thing for sure is that wherever that is, I’m there,” but Soo Hyun says, “Jin Hyuk, I’m breaking up with you now.”

2. Will Soo Hyun be able to keep her position as the CEO of Dong Hwa Hotel?

Kim Hwa Jin (Cha Hwa Yun), Soo Hyun’s ex-mother-in-law, wants to take away Dong Hwa Hotel from Soo Hyun to place her son Jung Woo Seok (Jang Seung Jo) as the hotel’s only CEO. In response, Soo Hyun shows her determination to keep her position. She also shows that she is done with Taegyeong Group for good by choosing not to attend the memorial of Jung Woo Suk’s father.

In addition, Soo Hyun’s father also tries to cut his ties with Taegyeong group in politics, enraging Kim Hwa Jin even more. Curiosity arises among viewers as to how Kim Hwa Jin will plan her vengeance on Soo Hyun’s family.

3. The conflicted relationship between Soo Hyun’s father and mother

Soo Hyun’s father has begun to fight for her daughter against the wishes of Soo Hyun’s  mother. On top of rejecting Kim Hwa Jin’s offer to help with the election, he joins forces with another political party. Furthermore, he asks Jin Hyuk to take care of Soo Hyun while he completes his task and tells Kim Sun Joo (Kim Hye Eun) and Nam Myung Sik (Go Chang Suk) that he will never be called a congressmen.

Soo Hyun’s mother is in shock to find out that her husband has gone against her wishes. As a result, her dream of becoming the first lady has come crumbling down. Viewers are curious to see if Soo Hyun’s parents will work things out in favor of her daughter.

The next episode of “Encounter” will air on January 23 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Catch up with the latest episode below!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

@gumtaek

Thank you for sharing that. What happened to your font size though haha! About you prediction, I hope it wont come to a point where CSH’s father will be implicated but I have to admit it is highly likely to happen because of the bribery. CSH will really need KJH’s strength if that happens! Aigoooo

••••••••••••••••••••••

Are previews really just 30 seconds?! Or is it Instagram’s fault? :sweatingbullets:

Hahaha!

Spoiler

I hate giant fonts but since I wanted to share the info i had no choice but to paste it here.:D

I think it will happen as all events in episode 14 hinted it and was supported by the preview translation. this is the reason why Jin Hyuk will not leave Soo Hyun even if she asks for it. Our Jin Hyuk is one stubborn namja! Just you wait and see!

• Like 18
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Those previews are giving me chest pain. Im writing this with teary eyes. Can't concentrate at work. Im afraid this is going to be like this till wednesday.

This is the only drama i religiously  follow episode to episode. Im so attached to this drama , to Jh, to Sh . It needs to have a happy ending , if not, its not only separation anxiety i have to deal with but depression and heartache.:bawling:

I'll remain positive, i need to console myself with that.

• Like 8
  • Sad 9

37 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

I believe they will give us a good ending with ample fan service. After all that crying, there needs to be some serious make out sessions with inseparable passionate kisses to soothe away the pain.

From your lips to the drama gods’ ears! I hope you are right! Lol

Yes, sessionS. PLURAL

• LOL 12

34 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

I wish they could have one on their own, I would love to see them in formal attire receiving awards!

I wish the same for PBG and SHK. They worked in extremely cold conditions and within such a tight schedule too. The drama is beautiful (am relying on a happy ending). I want to visualise this sweet couple going up stage together to receive their much-deserved awards and the people present can burst with their chemistry for all I care!   :D

I think this drama drives home a really happening message in Korea which is to accord respect to the divorced women out there and give them the freedom to fall in love with whoever they want, and especially if it's with a much younger guy with lower status too. I hope some good will come out  of this drama. Wasn't easy for PBG and SHK.

The mothers can see for themselves how catastrophic their son will feel; how heart-wrenching their heartbreak is.....

It's an extremely painful lesson for some. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

He meant what he said, 

When he said

aKO6Mz7.jpg

zLY5eZE.jpg

And now that he overheard his parents conversation and knew the truth, i believe his strong will, eventually will lead him back to where he belong, in Soo Hyun side. Since it would be impossible for him to live without her. 

JinSoo hwaiting! 

-------- ------ --------

And also, despite the heartbreaking preview, let's celebrate our OTP, who were re-crowned as the top 2 of most buzzworthy actors and dramas from Jan 14-Jan 20.

1st: PBG

2nd: SHK

--

4th: Boyfriend

Thanks @gumtaek for the info, tho it quickly drowned with ep 15 preview.

Congrats Park Bo Gum-Ssi and Sing Hye Kyo-Ssi. We demand awards for them!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

40 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Could KJH be able to leave CSH lonely in such shocking& troubling situations

This will pbly be the ending of ep 15.. the bribery +breakup+ JH mom.. ep 15 wil pbly end with the high tension of the above 3 .. and come to closure in ep16 with happy ending 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

@bubblechoco

There's a photo at the bottom of your post. Is that from the preview? Because if it is, it looks like the security staff is handing him a box of his belongings. 

If Im not mistaken, that's just a snapshot from his CF. I think he's a CEO in that commercial. Nevermind maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, shyguitar said:

If Im not mistaken, that's just a snapshot from his CF. I think he's a CEO in that commercial. Nevermind maybe I'm wrong.

You're right, it's the newest CF from KakaoPage

I posted that image because I think that outfit / style fits so much as the husband of a CEO @htk9207

• Like 5
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, shyguitar said:

Gosh my heart is breaking. How can a preview be this intense? Gosh this is really the climax, let's brace ourselves. 

I have to teach my heart to be strong before watching ep 15 & 16.

Be strong... oh my soft heart...:heart:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jl08 said:

I wish the same for PBG and SHK. They worked in extremely cold conditions and within such a tight schedule too. The drama is beautiful (am relying on a happy ending). I want to visualise this sweet couple going up stage together to receive their much-deserved awards and the people present can burst with their chemistry for all I care!   :D

I think this drama drives home a really happening message in Korea which is to accord respect to the divorced women out there and give them the freedom to fall in love with whoever they want, and especially if it's with a much younger guy with lower status too. I hope some good will come out  of this drama. Wasn't easy for PBG and SHK.

The mothers can see for themselves how catastrophic their son will feel; how heart-wrenching their heartbreak is.....

It's an extremely painful lesson for some. 

Exactly. I have already given up on Baeksang and SDA though.

Let's hope tvN will actually have one in the coming year (eeeeek!)

There were rumours (never confirmed by the production team) saying the character of Cha Soohyun is based on a famous businesswoman in S Korea,

Spoiler

who is now divorced and dating an actor (I don't know if this is appropriate to bring up or not so I'm not gonna mention their name); they don't have the age difference problem, but it's already explosive enough to date an actor (not meaning to bring down anyone, though) 

I hope Soohyun's mum will stop being so stubborn with power & wealth... LET GO OF THEM PLEASE

If for once she sees how happy her daughter is with her beau... will she change her mind? (For her, I doubt it - but still I want both mothers to see)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

For SH’s mum, I suspect it all started with greed for power. That’s why she pushed her Husband into politics. But somewhere, after taking money from Taegyeong group, she knew she had lost control. That’s why she could sell her daughter to Taegyeong group, she had to kneel before WS’s Mother. WS’s mum can destroy them, using the threat of them receiving money...

But now, with SH’s Father coming out to confess, the family can finally be freed from Taegyeong group’s clutches.

I think SH’s Father will sacrifice himself, take the blame for the whole thing. Mum will not be implicated. Perhaps, then she will learn to love...

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

Filming crew members Instagram Update:

I think it's from Park Bogum's DC Gallery - they've sent coffee and steak cart to the filming site! ^__^

Is it from today? :o

If it is, i hope PBG and SHK stay warm, well and healthy, so are the rest of the casts and crew.

The last episode is in 3 days, how they manage to do the rush editing is beyond my imagination. All crew deserve warm and hearty meal and our appreciation for working so hard day and night.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, bubblechoco said:

Jinhyuk: It's that person's hardest moment... But there is nothing I can do
Jinhyuk's mum: "What can I do... I'll reap what I sow..."

Congressman Cha: "That fund... l am going to reveal it as I knew it from the start"

Driver Nam: "Your father wants to put your life back on track... That gave him the confidence"

Soohyun: "I received some orange preserves from your mother..."
                  "It's so pure and pretty... How can I destroy that?"
                  "I can't do it... Jinhyuk"

=

To JH, is that person is CSH? Why nothing u can do? :bawling:

To CSH, please do not leave n say goodbye to JH.

Please, noooooo:bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4