[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

2 hours ago, khxy said:

I don't know whether this will be useful for future plot, but here is the shares perecentage of Dong Hwa hotel.

JWS: 37.29%  SH:26.42%

I have a gutfeel that after their last conversation---which seemed like a closure as far as their relationship is concerned---Woo Seok will redeem himself defying his mother---finally!---by giving all his shares to Cha Soo Hyun and leaving Taegyeong to live his own life.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

I have a gutfeel that after their last conversation---which seemed like a closure as far as their relationship is concerned---that Woo Seok will redeem himself defying his mother---finally!---by giving all his shares to Cha Soo Hyun and leaving Taegyeong to live his own life.

I am not sure about him leaving Taekyung though I sincerely hope he can start over in a new place. But I also trust that he will let SH have the biggest say in the hotel.

The percentage of share so far (thanks to dramamilk's recap)

Hwa-Jin (WS' mother) – 17.6

Soo-hyun – 26.42

Woo-seok – 37.29

Others: the remaining percentage

The combined shares of SH and WS will make SH the biggest shareholders with more than 50% of the hotel's shares.  WS brought these shares with his own money so he can give it to SH without any connection to Taekyung.

There are lots of negative comments surrounding WS but I always have faith in his character. He means well but he just don't know the right way to express himself as he is someone who lives in a cage for so long;  that's why his behavior hurts people. But he hurt himself also in that process. Just as he was too weak to stand up against his mother for SH, I believed he also blamed himself for her suffering and had to resort to fake affair., leaving scars for both himself and SH. Just as SH is labelled as a divorced woman, he is also publicly known as a cheater.

When he realizes how much he hurt SH and how he has the chance to make himself a person who makes sense to her, though just not as a husband, he will be able to let go. 

The ending of Boyfriend will be a happy one, I have no doubt about it :) It can be bittersweet for some , though. But our couple will get what they deserved :)

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

I guess he thought all his doing is making her happy.

But, not. This is in their last dialogue, meeting in his room in dong hwa hotel office.

Hmm. If he gives the shares. I wanna her to ask for the cuba hotel, go there n lives happily with JH.

Far, far away from reporters n spotlights.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gumtaek said:

I've watched many actors and actresses' crying scenes but I have to say that both SHK and PBG are a cut above the rest when it comes to reeling us in with their tears! They both cry beautifully, it's heartbreaking...I've posted SHK's  pics several pages back. Here's Bo Gum's

@gumtaek Park Bo Gum’s and Song Hye Kyo’s acting is amazing till audiences feel like KJH and CSH exists and all of us in this forum debates about KJH’s and CSH’s life lively and crucially. 

6 hours ago, avondale16 said:

This is my theory. In ep 14, they went to the art gallery.

While SH was watching and appreciating the wedding (no head) picture,

JH was outside having or talking on the phone.

He went back in and apologized to SH.

Soon we saw they are on their way back to Seoul and the tea ajumma

Called to ask SH to see her alone. JH say tea ajumma will bad mouth him.

I think he was talking on the phone, a while ago with the tea ajumma and convey to her that he is worried that SH had something on her mind and she is not sharing her burden with him. Its my guess as how we saw his eyes gazing to SH while him driving and sighing. He hopes that way at least SH has someone to put away or share with, whatever on her mind.

@avondale16 Wow, your theory looks possible indeed. 

9 minutes ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

I am not sure about him leaving Taekyung though I sincerely hope he can start over in a new place. But I also trust that he will let SH have the biggest say in the hotel.

The percentage of share so far (thanks to dramamilk's recap)

Hwa-Jin (WS' mother) – 17.6

Soo-hyun – 26.42

Woo-seok – 37.29

Others: the remaining percentage

The combined shares of SH and WS will make SH the biggest shareholders with more than 50% of the hotel's shares.  WS brought these shares with his own money so he can give it to SH without any connection to Taekyung.

@vu_hoa1983 Even I have never been okay with ex-husband but giving him a chance to do a good deed for CSH once as you mentioned. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, luvhollandlop said:

I noticed that too. I think a few episodes ago (someone has already mentioned here), SH’s parents were arguing and father mentioned something about mum taking money for their home down payment or something and father thought it was a loan from the bank. It was actually money from Taegyeong group. I think along the way, father had to deviate somewhat from his political ideologies for Taegyeong’s purposes. Perhaps, he felt too guilty to visit his friend’s niche because of that.

@luvhollandlop CSH’s dad’s conversation with his late friend, his wife, CSH, and KJH could lead to correct his guilty deeds which made him dare not to visit his late friend. His coming deed might make CSH’s dad not be able to visit his late friend and be by CSH’s side for a while.

23 hours ago, khxy said:

Each week, a lot of talented viewers/drama fans will review and write their thoughts on that week episodes. I happen to follow this fan who writes beautiful essay each week, let me share what she writes for ep 14. I don't translate well but i hope i do her essay half justice.

The title for this week is <My life on the paper,  blown away by the wind>

In front of Jin Hyuk's mom who pleaded with her to leave her son, Soo Hyun is the killer of their ordinary happiness.

She says she constantly dream that her past and memories are always holding on to her ankle, just like a gloomy water ghost who wants to drag her down. But then one day in her dream, she is the ghost and this time she is holding on to Jin Hyuk and his family. There is Jin Hyuk who is smiling encouragingly at her but in the blink of an eye, he seems to be that gloomy ghost who wants to pull her down together: <You hurt us>.  She wakes up and trembles. She thinks that as long as she hold on tight, she will be able to reach the shore. Before this, someone told her: The ordinary tree on the shore is overwhelmed, if you let go willingly, you will drown but if you insist in holding on they will fall into the abyss with you.

Those who have lost something know how painful it is that's why they cherish whatever they have now. Soo Hyun's ordinary life was shattered, because she understands, she can't bear for others to go through it. She smiles at Jin Hyuk but her heart is in despair. In the end, a person like me is not fit to wish for a sun.  I am letting go so that you have a chance to live.

Looking back, the starting and ending of her love is a difficult one.

If she did not meet Jin Hyuk, with her looks, family background or capabilities, she will never know the meaning of inferior in her whole lifetime. In order to fulfill her parents, she sacrificed her marriage. Facing Jung Woo Suk, she calmly engaged in a 'business' that has zero benefit. So what if he is the only son of a chaebol? it doesn't matter if there is no love. But meeting Jin Hyuk awakened all her inferiority, her heart flutters and then shrinks back in fear. Her marriage that imprisoned her for 2 years is just like a scar that can never be healed, in fact , it is still aching as if constantly reminding her of her past.

She says, meeting him at this age and after her divorce is unfair. If only i meet him when i was young...

Or maybe if i knew early on that i could find love one day, even if i need to go round&round, i will be waiting. Too bad, fate is playing a joke. If i could, i would be a blank piece till i meet you at my best moment.

Her distance is a futile one. Appreciating the paintings alone, but alas she was caught. At the moment when the light from Jin Hyuk's bicycle shone towards her, there was no way she could escape.

< I am good at holding back> i thought i hid you well, at such a deep&cold place inside my heart. I thought if i don't bring you up, as the days passes by, you will be just like an ancient secret. Just that now, sleepless nights are getting longer and the white hair reveals my sadness.

Jin Hyuk carefully adjusted the bicycle's headlight, standing beside her <Let's enter a some relationships alright?> he gripped Soo Hyun's arms, his eyes full of hope and his voice sounds like as though he was saying a prayer.

What was Soo Hyun thinking at that moment? She says <I am so happy but then i am worried that his parents do not like me>.  She has embraced so many difficulties in her life , she is not afraid of demons or ghosts, only afraid of minds that are hard to fathom.

She accept it and thinks to herself to just treat it as a beautiful short- lived dream. I just need a little warmth. It's just that every moment spent with Jin Hyuk is too beautiful, she forgets when the clock strikes at midnight, the magic is going to disappear.

When she sees Jin Hyuk taking wedding pictures, she is overcome with emotions. Having worn a wedding gown in the absence of love, and now standing in front of the person she loves who wish to spend forever with her, is it possible? do i deserve it? It is already a blessing to meet my love, if i wish and hope, will i lose everything just because of my greed?

She hesitates when Jin Hyuk 'proposed' < i can cook well> but a skill that is normally praised by people is her shortcoming in her eyes. She rarely cooks, trying hard to forget because those reminds her of her past.

When Jin Hyuk's mom comes, she is not afraid, just  reminds herself calmly that < what's coming will come>. Cha Soo Hyun, you are too greedy, that's why Heaven is taking your gift back. If i don't promise to spend my life with him, is it possible to lengthen our time together? Kim Jin hyuk , such a wonderful man , is an extravagant for me. Once my dream is broken, it's time to wake up.

But Soo Hyun ah, he is your first love too, this is also your first time. You will never meet a man like him anymore, no other man will ever love you like he does. Be selfish a little, just hold him tight ok?

One lifetime, is really not that long

The writer commented that in our eyes, Soo Hyun is not brave enough but in her own eyes, she is too cruel. She asked for a break up once but Jin Hyuk rejected the idea.Now Jin Hyuk's family is affected by their relationships too,and the other woman that Jin Hyuk loves tells her <We do not want to play this game,please let us go>.

She wants to hold on too that's why the thought of breaking up/break up happens at the end of the show. Jin Myung's brawl with his friends tells her that her insistence is a wrong one.

credit: syz weibo

@khxy‘s translation and the orginal writer made me cry for CSH for the situation that she can not correct her past and her current identity with complicated features. Plus, CSH’s father might add another no-no feature to CSH as a girlfriend/a wife. 

You comment, @stroppyse‘s, and some in this forum enlighten me to understand CSH in ep14 which I can not think from CSH’s perspective from just watching indeed.

(ps. Could I combine my two comments because I thought that I wrote in one comment from quoting.)

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Wow, your theory looks possible indeed

Thank you.

If this is right. But tea ahjumma cums teacher already told CSH that

She will not tell JH. So how will she convey to JH about CSH problems ?

Or what is worrying her? Ponder... ponder....:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

just want to rant my thought.. I also think this drama will have happy ending because I believe all KJH said to CSH will happens: he will never leave her until her last breath, and his other words about being together..

in eps 13, 14 we are seeing CSH struggle but I think later we'll see KJH's efforts.

but I'm still curious, what makes PBG happily dancing at the fans bts (the bookstore scene) :D?

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Nice to see new posters here :wub:

glad you guys came out of your lurking :D

The heaviness of episode 14 made me want to watch this from episode 1. Once again I’m blown away by the progression of our couple in this drama. Never had I watched a kdrama actually seeing the leads’ romance stage grow deeper step by step, episode per episode. SHK and PBG really delivered. 

Let’s all get heartbroken and deeply in love in the last 2 episodes. I’m very sad for tgis drama to end but I’m really looking forward to a sensible happy ending. That means our OTP should be together, happy. A marriage or even a proposal will be fine with me. As lonf as they remain together. :heart:

Cheers and keep the discussion coming, chingus! :thumbsup:

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

I was busy all week with work. Subbing was slow for a drama I am helping with so been busy answering whining demands.

So after all that week plus all the doom and gloom here was expecting ep 13 and 14 to be bad. 

What duh? It was 2 lovely episodes. The OTP still progressed. The difficulties are there but restrained. In fact everyone is restrained.  I mean we all knew that those 2 were going to have a lot of obstacles. But it was shown in a sensitive way. I mean, the mother was pretty darn passive if you're talking about break up demands.

I honesly don't even see any work colleagues obstacles at work. I mean we all know there has to be a point in the drama where break up talks emerged. I found it really refreshing actually- since the lead is female rather than male- that the whole older partner and scandalous divorcee is a female. Because when it is the poor divorced female who is the female lead- she gets a hellalot worse from the guy's side. What CSH experienced is mild. She is living alone unlike the usual male lead who is still with the parents.

You know I am surprised none of you even thought- did I miss the optimistic posts?- that KJH will somehow stop her from breaking up with him? Their visuals are amazing together. I am talking about the ending date. Even if they are not celebrities or CSH's being a famous person, their looks alone will get 2nd take.

Or that the Mother might regret and pluck up her courage to support her son. And defend CSH as her daughter in law?

I am not a glass half full sort of person. In fact have had a pretty shitty week at work. And when my work is shitty it means people die or people have been told they are going to die. So yeah, this drama or ep 13 and 14 have been pretty predictable. It is predicted to be sad and I was happy that the drama managed to do so in a dignified way 

CSH is a pitiful figure. I felt so sorry for her. SHG is such a good actress. You could feel her heart breaking when the mother told her to break up.

Wouldn't you hope the mother will be moved by her tears and  her son's confession and changed her opinion?

Anyway, that's my opinion.  Back to real life. School reopens in 1 week.  I am looking forward to SKY Castle. 

Anyone watching with VIU subs? Its the streaming sites ones. How does it compare to the viki subs?  I have been using the viki ones. I plan to rewatch this drama and wondered which was better.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Let’s all get heartbroken and deeply in love in the last 2 episodes. I’m very sad for tgis drama to end but I’m really looking forward to a sensible happy ending. That means our OTP should be together, happy. A marriage or even a proposal will be fine with me. 

Same, I mean I’m really gutted this drama will end next week but at the same time I can’t wait to see our OTP happy again, hopefully starting episode 15!

Goodness, I can’t believe we’ll never see Jinsoo again after next week :bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 13

50 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

You know I am surprised none of you even thought- did I miss the optimistic posts?- that KJH will somehow stop her from breaking up with him?

Actually chingu, many have posted about KJH stopping CSH from breaking up with him. 

50 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Or that the Mother might regret and pluck up her courage to support her son.

I also posted that the reason why her mom was drinking alone was because she was feeling guilty and regret what she did.

Spoiler

Hope things are doing good for you irl life too. Fighting!

@stardustvoid

I know. I will really re-watch this drama over and over again. It’s right up the top of my classics!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1