[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

I just watched episode 14 with English subs. I am a glutton for punishment

I’ll reserve my thoughts for another post.

Anyway, oh this writer and PD! They just had to show that scene where JH wants to go to Spain with SH and do the Santiago Walking Trail aka The Way of St. James! It’s this Pilgrimage that is really popular in a region in Spain. This makes me sad because we all know we’re not going to see this scene because they did not even film in Spain. Oh, the visuals that could’ve been!

#BoyfriendSeason2

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

Aigooo :heartbreak:

I love how KJH is so in tune with what CSH is feeling. And I love that he never pushes her to confide in him. When he told CSH that Ms Lee is good at listening but not to expect any solution from her, it’s like he’s telling CSH that whatever she’s brooding or thinking that he cant say to him, she can tell Ms Lee instead.

I felt KJH’s mother’s guilt after they talked. And I think that was the reason why she had to drink by herself. She must have realized that what she did was out of line. By KJH prepping the chicken for her, she realized that she will never lose KJH. That his love to her is indeed different. 

I love how the camera was also shaking when it comes to crying scenes. It makes it even more realistic. When CSH was crying in front of Ms. Lee and when she was walking to her car after dropping KJH off the Police Station, the camera was following her. Literally, the cameraman was walking while shooting her without a stabilizer. 

I seriously cried a bucket while watching the scene with Sec Jang. Seriously. SHK nailed the parts when her face gets all crumpled up like that whenever JMJ reminds her why KJH is good for her. I love that she never covers her face or get conscious what she looks like when she cries. :bawling:  

Spoiler

dCXQmM.jpg

OSkMVC.jpg

2 scenarios for next episode:

1) I think next episode, when KJH will give her the camera case, CSH will refuse the gift and will ask for a break up. I imagine KJH will strongly oppose this. Will tell her to suck it up because it was also his choice. I want that kind of reaction from him IF CSH will ask for a break-up. I want to be mad at CSH for even thinking of breaking up again. CSH needs to be reminded that the relationship was BOTH their choices, and NOT just hers. Fear is what CSH is driving her to ask for a break up. She needs to be reminded that she’s not alone in this.

2) KJH mom will be rushed to the hospital. KJH will bring CSH and visits her. KJH mom will ask to talk to CSH and to apologize for what she said.

....The latter is highly unlikely but I dont want to imagine anything else why SHK was caught filming outside a hospital.

• Like 19
  • Sad 3

30 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Aigooo :heartbreak:

I love how KJH is so in tune with what CSH is feeling. And I love that he never pushes her to confide in him. When he told CSH that Ms Lee is good at listening but not to expect any solution from her, it’s like he’s telling CSH that whatever she’s brooding or thinking that he cant say to him, she can tell Ms Lee instead.

I felt KJH’s mother’s guilt after they talked. And I think that was the reason why she had to drink by herself. She must have realized that what she did was out of line. By KJH prepping the chicken for her, she realized that she will never lose KJH. That his love to her is indeed different. 

I love how the camera was also shaking when it comes to crying scenes. It makes it even more realistic. When CSH was crying in front of Ms. Lee and when she was walking to her car after dropping KJH off the Police Station, the camera was following her. Literally, the cameraman was walking while shooting her without a stabilizer. 

I seriously cried a bucket while watching the scene with Sec Jang. Seriously. SHK nailed the parts when her face gets all crumpled up like that whenever JMJ reminds her why KJH is good for her. I love that she never covers her face or get conscious what she looks like when she cries. :bawling:  

Hide contents

dCXQmM.jpg

OSkMVC.jpg

2 scenarious for next episode:

1) I think next episode, when KJH will give her the camera case, CSH will refuse the gift and will ask for a break up. I imagine KJH will strongly oppose this. Will tell her to suck it up because it was also his choice. I want that kind of reaction from him IF CSH will ask for a break-up. I want to be mad at CSH for even thinking of breaking up again. CSH needs to be reminded that the relationship was BOTH their choices, and NOT just hers. Fear is what CSH is driving her to ask for a break up. She needs to be reminded that she’s not alone in this.

2) KJH mom will be rushed to the hospital. KJH will bring CSH and visits her. KJH mom will ask to talk to CSH and to apologize for what she said.

....The latter is highly unlikely but I dont want to imagine anything else why SHK was caught filming outside a hospital.

@dukesa1122

Totally agreed with your comment and wanna highlight these sentences.

“ I love how KJH is so in tune with whatCSH is feeling. And I love that he never pushes her to confide in him. When he toldCSH that Ms Lee is good at listening but not to expect any solution from her, it’s like he’s telling CSH that whatever she’s brooding or thinking that he cant say tohim, she can tell Ms Lee instead.”

I want that kind of reaction from him IF CSH will ask for a break-up. I want to be mad at CSH for even thinking of breaking up again. “

KJH&CSH can not have a healthy relationship if CSH often think about breaking up whenever someone else (eg. KJH’s mom or any other coming incidents) made CSH’s break up idea pop up again.

KJH might be in anxious stage or in panic disorder one day from CSH’s break up request now and then.

Obstacles can make people learn how to handle rather than discourage to give up.

Not being in relationship when feeling in deep love with someone might lead a person to not take risks but it can make people lose opportunity to be happy and enjoy love life too.

Last but not least, mutual decision making is crucial for KJH&CSH as a couple. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@NongpeeP

Let me add this because I think I forgot to type it (sorry I’m feeling woozy right now).

I want KJH to realize as well that he is not alone when it comes to their relationship. I want CSH to tell him that he has his family to consider. KJH should have a proper sit down with his family when it comes to their relationship with CSH. Not just for them to accept her but to what might happen to the entire family if he continues with the relationship. I cant blame CSH if she’s thinking of breaking up again after his mom practically begging her to break up with his son. I can’t ignore that if it was me. I want KJH and CSH to talk things out, communicate. Not just feel what the other is feeling. Coz thats what they have been doing to each other so far. They have been underplaying their feelings and keeping it to themeselves. I think this will be the ultimate reason why they will break up in the first place.

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

I haven't watched the last two episodes yet... because of work. Anyway, I have been thinking about the possible future evolution. In my opinion, CSH's father will play a major role. Remember that he has decided to ensure CSH's happiness. So far, CSH has not seen anything what her father has been doing:

- the meeting with the man from the other party

- CJH met KJH

- the discussion between CJH and his wife

Then I would like to point out that JWS's story was developped as a contrast to KJH. So if we look back at CSH's first marriage:

- a trap was set up where JWS's family could claim for CSH's hand

- JWS's uncle convinced CJH that JWS was different from his mother and he would protect his daughter. The politician believed the uncle as he was a close friend. CSH agreed to this marriage after listening to her parents. Yet the reality was that JWS didn't protect CSH and the latter suffered so much.

Here, we have CJH who listened to his friend Nam but decided to meet KJH. However, unlike in the past, the father waited for a while, paying attention to KJH's actions before meeting him. So in my opinion, CJH could decide to visit KJH's father and ask for his son as his future son-in-law. I know, this is weird... but I sense that CJH might intervene and really help his daughter. Secondly, CSH had cut ties with her mother but maybe due to the conversation between CJH and his wife, the latter might decide to act differently. Notice that CSH's dream is to have a family. She thought, she could have her family with KJH's family... yet KJH's mother is rejecting her. So there is a chance that CSH might use her cooking skills for her mother, father and KJH. CSH wanted to belong to KJH's world... but what if in the end, KJH has also to leave his world as well and meet in the between. 

I also agree that JH's mother has been favoring JH so much over JM. Fortunately, the latter doesn't resent her or doesn't feel jealous as he is loved by JH and his father.     

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

To the art enthusiasts in the thread...do you know what painting Soo Hyun was looking at in this screencap?

Reverse image search in Google yielded no hits. I suppose it's from a local artist in Korea. Interesting choice of painting tho, alone and headless.

I wonder if it's the same painting WS' ex-"gf" gave SH.

@twtwb excellent point. I really feel for CSH, I really do. 

The hopeless romantic in me just wants this break-up not to happen. We only have a little over 2 hours of this series left. After that, it's goodbye Jinsoo forever. I want our last happy moments with Jinsoo to last an entire episode. I'm really hoping they don't drag out the angst for too long.

A look back on simpler times :wub:

9fKchv0.gif

qdEgIf2.gif

CTO

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, twtwb said:

But for me, Cha Soo Huyn's suggestion to slow things down in Episode 9 and her consideration to part ways in Episode 14 show that Kim Kim Huyk and his loved ones were in fact more precious to her than anything else in the world. Unlike the above "external factors" that she could easily ignore, they are even more than "internal", to the extent that she could even put them before her own self interests or her family's interests.

This rings so true, it’s breaking my heart :bawling:

29 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

So there is a chance that CSH might use her cooking skills for her mother, father and KJH.

You painted a very domestic picture. I would like to see a scene with CSH cooking Chinese or Japanese food for his family.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

@NongpeeP

Let me add this because I think I forgot to type it (sorry I’m feeling woozy right now).

I want KJH to realize as well that he is not alone when it comes to their relationship. I want CSH to tell him that he has his family to consider. KJH should have a proper sit down with his family when it comes to their relationship with CSH. Not just for them to accept her but to what might happen to the entire family if he continues with the relationship. I cant blame CSH if she’s thinking of breaking up again after his mom practically begging her to break up with his son. I can’t ignore that if it was me. I want KJH and CSH to talk things out, communicate. Not just feel what the other is feeling. Coz thats what they have been doing to each other so far. They have been underplaying their feelings and keeping it to themeselves. I think this will be the ultimate reason why they will break up in the first place.

@dukesa1122

I think KJH is handling his family which might suit his family members’ way.

When KJH has not ensured whether KJH&CSH’s relationship would be strong enough or his parents i.e. his dad is okay to meet CSH, it is understandable why KJH did not formally discuss with his patents.

Plus, I am not sure discussion among family members suit all members esp. his mom who might be gradually handled with care and to change her mind.  

KJH’s love to his mom and KJH’s true love to CSH has been softly explained one by one between KJH and his mom.

As he explained his mom’s fear that CSH might change her mind from loving him is what he used to fear but it is not the case now, CSH’s love is his confidence.

KJH might have to keep affirming this fact to persuade his mom to understand him, his feeling, and his meaningful two women in his life.

1 hour ago, twtwb said:

There are many "external factors" that can affect a relationship. It can be about social prejudices. It can be about age. It can be about social status. It can be about marriage status. It can be about money or economic status. I have been in some relationships and I can say that these "external factors" matter. I have observed that, in some circumstances, the existence of only one factor among them can affect a relationship. 

Cha Soo Huyn has had to face all of these "external factors" in her relationship with Kim Jin Huyk, but she has never given up the relationship due to any of them. 

As we have witnessed, Cha Soo Huyn does not really care about how unrelated people look at her or how the press write about her. She is not swayed by the various attempts by her former mother in law and ex-husband to intervene (looking from some perspectives, it might be easier for her to come back to her ex-husband). She ignored the repeated and sincere warnings of her best friend. She does not let the fierce opposition/begging of her own mother affects her. She told her mother (in her face) that she would decide her own happiness. She is not even afraid of the potential damages and consequences that might happen to her hotels if she continues the relationship (and we all know how the hotels mean to her and her life).

In effect, to me, Cha Soo Huyn has done extraordinarily to overcome numerous "external factors" to fight for her love (I call it "extraordinary" because I don't think normal people in normal circumstances would be able to do it - and I am among those "normal people"). 

People might dismiss Cha Soo Huyn' as not valuing Kim Jin Huyk  enough to repeatedly request for break up from time to time due to external factors. But for me, Cha Soo Huyn's suggestion to slow things down in Episode 9 and her consideration to part ways in Episode 14 show that Kim Kim Huyk and his loved ones were in fact more precious to her than anything else in the world. Unlike the above "external factors" that she could easily ignore, they are even more than "internal", to the extent that she could even put them before her own self interests or her family's interests.

When Cha Soo Huyn suggested (in episode 9) to "take some time to think it over", the only reason was her concern that her boyfriend might get hurt (and she was not wrong). As she explained to Kim Jin Huyk, "the closer I get to you, the more your life seems to shake. I'm scared that all the eyes on me will turn to you". 

When Cha Soo Huyn considered parting ways (in episode 14), the only reason was her concern that the ones that he love and truly care might get hurt (again, she was not wrong, we already saw what happened with his loved ones, i.e., his mother and his brother).

As Cha Soo Huyn explained, when she and Kim Jin Huyk entered into their "some relationship/pre-relationship", she was not afraid of the implications that could have on her hotel (her own life) or her parents (we know how much she did for her parents), but she did think about his loved ones. 

More than anyone else, Cha Soo Huyn understands how Kim Jin Huyk treasures and values his family. 

More than anyone else, Cha Soo Huyn appreciates the happy and peaceful atmosphere that exists in his family.

As Cha Soo Huyn loves Kim Jin Huyk so much, it is painful for her to see that the happy and peaceful atmosphere in his family is interrupted.

As Cha Soo Huyn cares about Kim Jin Huyk so much, it is extremely painful that it is because of her and their relationship that his beloved ones are hurt. More than the approval/disapproval of his parents (she already expected not to be approved immediately, she simply asked his dad to watch them and she is not aware that his dad has decided to support them), it is the potential damages and chaos that she will bring to his loved ones, as confirmed by what his mother told her and what happened to his brother, that breaks her heart. 

People might wonder why she has not talked things over with him directly this time (she did explain to him directly when she suggested to slow things down in episode 9). As she explained, it was no longer Kim Jin Huyk per se, because "he already made  a decision to be with me who a life where everything works outside of common sense". But "his family never signed up for this". And "if I talked to him, he would ask me not to worry about his family, but he would have to suffer on his own".

Song Hye Kyo did such a good job in illustrating Cha Soo Huyn's struggle in Episode 9 when she suggested that the two of them "take some time to think it over" due to the concerns that he might get hurt (and she was not wrong). Again, she did an outstanding job in Episode 14 in showing how painful, difficult, and heartbreaking it was for her to even think of "parting ways" from the person who has brought her more happiness than anyone else in the world.

Contrary to the view that Cha Soo Huyn is being "unreasonable", I therefore find her thoughts, acts, and considerations to totally realistic, reasonable and understandable. and I believe (I hope I will not be proved wrong) that Kim Jin Huyk would agree with me when he finds out and that he would come to love her even more instead of criticizing her.

@twtwb

I understand what you tried to explain from CSH’s perspective.

However, I still have outstanding issues in my mind:

- CSH considers his family’s opinion important.

Could CSH consider KJH and his opinion important too?

If so, maintaining KJH&CSH’s relationship is one of most important wish that KJH really needs in his life and he informed CSH many times. 

KJH also consider his family members significant too and could CSH trust KJH and let him take some time to handle this issue with his family members before deciding anything?

Some crucial decision in life and in love life can take longer time to sort thing out with oneself or others’, rather than repeatedly hurt another feeling by sharply doing by oneself regardless mutual opinions and inputs from two parties in relationship are essential. 

Could CSH give a chance to KJH to try by his way?

KJH has wise approach to handle people, including his family members whom he has been with for 30 years. 

During watching Encounter ep.14 with subtitle, this kind of questions kept on poping up in my mind here and there from CSH’s sad scenes (alone, with CSH’s dad, with Secretary Jang, and with KJH) till I had to pause several times. 

I have been understanding CSH, much more than KJH for Encounter ep.1-13 because I believe in love with reality and factors in life as same as CSH, rather than love is love as KJH but just only in Ep.14, I can not understand why CSH did not priortize KJH’s wish and his happiness (and also CSH’s happiness) in her thinking scenario when other situations are more favorable till break up should not pop up too often in her mind and even worse request to break up action should not be solely decided by CSH.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

@dukesa1122

I think KJH is handling his family which might suit his family members’ way.

18 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

KJH also consider his family members important too and could CSH trust KJH and take some time to handle this issue with his family members before deciding anything.

The problem here is, KJH doesn’t even know how much his mother CAN DO. Until now, he only thought that his mother was avoiding the topic. It changes things. He needs to be more agressive with his mother because his mother was agressive to CSH when she went out of line and used CSH insecurity against her.

While I am with you that CSH shouldn’t go on with the break up, I still believe that KJH needs to make his family understand (especially his mom) what he is getting himself into. He’s basically in a relationship with a celebrity. There are certain things they should and shouldn’t do at this point. It is more than accepting her as a gf of their son but all the baggage that comes with her. Can you see how much CSH will be asking for from KJH and his family? It is alot. I truly understand why she wants to end things than to bring his life upside down, rather his life and his family’s life. More than this though, I want both to realize that they will overcome the hurdles together, not apart.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twtwb said:

Cha Soo Huyn's Struggles

Many thanks @stroppyse for your post. I completely agree with everything you said. And I would like to quote your paragraph above to start my post about Cha Soo Huyn's struggles in her relationship with her boyfriend.

There are many "external factors" that can affect a relationship. It can be about social prejudices, age, social status, marriage status, money or economic status. I have been in some relationships and I can say that these "external factors" matter. I have observed that, in some circumstances, the existence of only one factor among them can affect a relationship. 

Cha Soo Huyn has had to face all of these "external factors" in her relationship with Kim Jin Huyk, but she has never given up the relationship due to any of them. 

As we have witnessed, Cha Soo Huyn does not really care about how unrelated people look at her or how the press write about her. She is not swayed by the various attempts by her former mother in law and ex-husband to intervene (looking from some perspectives, it might be easier for her to come back to her ex-husband). She ignored the repeated and sincere warnings of her best friend. She does not let the fierce opposition/begging of her own mother affect her. She told her mother (in her face) that she would decide her own happiness. She is not even afraid of the potential damages and consequences that might happen to her hotels if she continues the relationship (and we all know how the hotels mean to her and her life).

In effect, to me, Cha Soo Huyn has done extraordinarily to overcome numerous "external factors" to fight for her love (I call it "extraordinary" because I don't think normal people in normal circumstances would be able to do it - and I am among those "normal people"). 

People might dismiss Cha Soo Huyn' as not valuing Kim Jin Huyk  enough to repeatedly request for break up from time to time due to external factors. But for me, Cha Soo Huyn's suggestion to slow things down in Episode 9 and her consideration to part ways in Episode 14 show that Kim Kim Huyk and his loved ones were in fact more precious to her than anything else in the world. Unlike the above "external factors" that she could easily ignore, they are even more than "internal", to the extent that she could even put them before her own self interests or her family's interests.

When Cha Soo Huyn suggested (in episode 9) to "take some time to think it over", the only reason was her concern that her boyfriend might get hurt (and she was not wrong). As she explained to Kim Jin Huyk, "the closer I get to you, the more your life seems to shake. I'm scared that all the eyes on me will turn to you". 

When Cha Soo Huyn considered parting ways (in episode 14), the only reason was her concern that the ones that he loves and truly cares might get hurt (again, she was not wrong, we already saw what happened with his loved ones, i.e., his mother and his brother).

As Cha Soo Huyn explained, when she and Kim Jin Huyk entered into their "some relationship/pre-relationship", she was not afraid of the implications that could have on her hotel (her own life) or her parents (we know how much she did for her parents), but she did think about his loved ones. 

More than anyone else, Cha Soo Huyn understands how Kim Jin Huyk treasures and values his family. 

More than anyone else, Cha Soo Huyn appreciates the happy and peaceful atmosphere that exists in his family.

As Cha Soo Huyn loves Kim Jin Huyk so much, it is painful for her to see that the happy and peaceful atmosphere in his family is interrupted.

As Cha Soo Huyn cares about Kim Jin Huyk so much, it is extremely painful that it is because of her and their relationship that his beloved ones are hurt.

More than the approval/disapproval of his parents (she already expected not to be approved immediately, she simply asked his dad to watch them and she is not aware that his dad has decided to support them), it is the potential damages and chaos that she will bring to his loved ones, as confirmed by what his mother told her and what happened to his brother, that breaks her heart. 

People might wonder why she has not talked things over with him directly this time (she did explain to him directly when she suggested to slow things down in episode 9). As she explained, it was no longer Kim Jin Huyk per se, because "he already made  a decision to be with me who a life where everything works outside of common sense". But "his family never signed up for this". And "if I talked to him, he would ask me not to worry about his family, but he would have to suffer on his own".

Song Hye Kyo did such a good job in illustrating Cha Soo Huyn's struggle in Episode 9 when she suggested that the two of them "take some time to think it over" due to the concerns that he might get hurt (and she was not wrong). Again, she did an outstanding job in Episode 14 in showing how painful, difficult, conflicting and heartbreaking it was for her to even think of "parting ways" from the person who has brought her more happiness than anyone else in the world.

Contrary to the view that Cha Soo Huyn is being "unreasonable", I therefore find her thoughts, acts, and considerations to totally realistic, reasonable and understandable. and I believe (I hope I will not be proved wrong) that Kim Jin Huyk would agree with me when he finds out and that he would come to love her even more instead of criticizing her.

Having been a silent reader of this thread for some time and now I am in just to say that I agree with every word said in this post. If after reading this post, you are still not sure if CSH considers KHJ important or if her love for him is strong enough, I don't know what will. 

Of course CSH considers KHJ's opinions important, she even consulted him on how she should treat her staff after finding that staff betrayed her, but just like KHJ decided not to tell her about his meeting with her mother or ex-husband because that would put her in a difficult position, she also decided not to tell him about her meeting with his mother. 

Edited by ptmt88
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

I finished watching E14. Secretary Mi Jin is really right. CSH relationship to KJH is her first true love. It is her first time to feel happiness and joy with her true first love. It reflects on how much pain she felt when asked by KJH's Mom to put a stop on her happiness. It is like you are being asked to deny yourself the oxygen to make you breathe. How can you possibly do that to yourself? You just want to be happy. After deflecting all the challenges at work and against her MIL, the most difficult part she is now facing is her right to be happy.

Will she be able to overcome this sorrow? Of course, she can overcome this. She is a strong willed person  On several occasion, she correctly made the right choice with regards to the hotel and to her relationship with KJH. This last hurdle for a happy life will just be peanuts to her. I'm thinking that the Tea Lady will do some steps to make their relationship go through with the test. I really can't imagine why the meeting with the Tea Lady was injected in the drama without any use for it. It wasn't made just to point the sorrow of CSH because she already brought out her heart with Secretary MI JIn in the food tent. The meeting with the Tea Lady will come in handy later on. I would also think that when KJH suggested to CSH for them to go for a vacation, it is a hint as to where the story will go through or maybe the happy ending. As I have said earlier, some segments are made in the drama so that they will become handy in the ending of the drama.

With regards to Congressman Cha, I really think that he will do something in the next two episode that will bring down the Taeggyong family. If I remember correctly, he said that merging his party to another one and not running for the presidency is just a first step of what will happen in the future. Corruption issues may be one of them. I think Congressman Cha will get a very powerful position in the government once the person he allowed to run becomes President. So I'm also rooting for Congressman Cha. Yehey!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Could CSH consider KJH and his opinion important too?

If so, maintaining KJH&CSH’s relationship is one of most important wish that KJH really needs in his life and he informed CSH many times. 

KJH also consider his family members significant too and could CSH trust KJH and let him take some time to handle this issue with his family members before deciding anything?

Some crucial decision in life and in love life can take longer time to sort thing out with oneself or others’, rather than repeatedly hurt another feeling by sharply doing by oneself regardless mutual opinions and inputs from two parties in relationship are essential. 

Could CSH give a chance to KJH to try by his way?

KJH has wise approach to handle people, including his family members whom he has been with for 30 years

This.. this is what is lacking in their relationship.. they should be able to trust the other person's ability to handle.. and communicate... they just worry too much about the other and try to handle the issue instead of communicating with each other

KJH lied to CSH instead of talking with her in ep12.. now CSH is doing the same.. instead of talking things out, she's going to breakup..i think this weakness in their relationship will be handled in the next 2 episodes.. being communicative in the relationship

And JH def knows that something is off with CSH, he def will not accept her breakup even if she tries.. which CSH should also know.. hope she doesn't come up with a reason that JH cannot dispute.. which is highly unlikely at this point in the series

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I am so sorry if I missed any of your analysis on CSH's mother. Did anybody pick up what is she going to do next? CSH's father was asking  her for help. To do what? It sounded serious and related to his strategy after stepping down from the election. Help me out... Thanks...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I still believe it will be a happy ending, just a last trial they have to overcome, just like SHK said at the presscon “our cute little drama”... 5 days to go... i will miss this kdrama so much

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Nice summation. :)

I don't think it's that she's not prioritizing JH's wishes nor her wishes. I actually think that some of it comes from a feeling of being inferior and not good enough for JH. To the external world, SH is the one with money, a thriving business, a well known family, and thus the "higher" or more valued of the couple. Even JH's mother tells SH that JH is an ordinary man and no match for a highly born woman like SH. Btw, this assumes that one is familiar with how South Koreans think about class as indicated by birth/background/education.

However, for SH, those aren't the things that she values. Rather, she values the warm, closely-knit family that JH has, and the down to earth values that JH and his family have. Actually, having a close family with a mother who cooked food for the family and other normal demonstrations of having an abundance of familial love was something that she had envied her childhood friends. So, SH, despite her material advantages, seems to think that she's not deserving of JH. It is not that she thinks that she will ever waver in her love for JH or even his love for her, it is that she fears that being with her will somehow break JH's spirit or damage him and his family. And, as both SH and her father have alluded to, this is something that SH has had to live with for most of her life, and not something that someone who hasn't had to live with could truly appreciate. Thus, while JH may say that he's fine and still wants to be with her, she may think that is a naive viewpoint that he may come to regret. I also think part of SH is wondering how much JH will suffer being with her, and whether she could bear to see him go through that. JH himself is starting to understand how his relationship could negatively affect his family as well, and thus is getting a better understanding of the consequences of being with SH that he's not only willing to undergo, but he's asking his family to undergo.

That lack of self-confidence is compounded by the fact that SH sees herself as used goods, having already been married and divorced, not to mention being older than JH. I found SH's musings about the bouquet highly poignant. I think she may have been asking how long the bouquet could last without withering as a proxy for herself. Right now, she's beautiful enough to attract JH. Yes, his love isn't that shallow, but appearances matter, and I'm talking about SH's lack of self confidence.

Anyway, I still think of this as a positive development in their relationship, as difficult and painful as it is. And, I still think that JH and SH will ultimately come through this with a stronger relationship, one that will assuage JH's mother's fears. After all, the true test of any relationship is time.

@stroppyse

Do you know how slowly I read your comment, I paused to think about CSH’s background and CSH’s actions in each scene in ep.14, before reading till the end.

I read twice and ask myself whether I understand or not, yes I understand much better and I am wondering:

- how can CSH solve her underestimation herself permanently?

Otherwise, KJH might be anxious or in panic disorder from being in relationship with this kind of CSH with uncertainty to his mind. 

- how can KJH do to comfort what CSH feel and would CSH give a chance to KJH to give CSH such comfort?

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

The problem here is, KJH doesn’t even know how much his mother CAN DO. Until now, he only thought that his mother was avoiding the topic. It changes things. He needs to be more agressive with his mother because his mother was agressive to CSH when she went out of line and used CSH insecurity against her.

While I am with you that CSH shouldn’t go on with the break up, I still believe that KJH needs to make his family understand (especially his mom) what he is getting himself into. He’s basically in a relationship with a celebrity. There are certain things they should and shouldn’t do at this point. It is more than accepting her as a gf of their son but all the baggage that comes with her. Can you see how much CSH will be asking for from KJH and his family? It is alot. I truly understand why she wants to end things than to bring his life upside down, rather his life and his family’s life. More than this though, I want both to realize that they will overcome the hurdles together, not apart.

@dukesa1122

Eventhough KJH did not know his mom’s action but he felt his mom’s dissent that’s why he approached his mom with the way suit her style, this might not be harsh and fast because it might result in more severe objection.

Let his mom absorb what he conveyed his true feeling and begged for his mom’s understanding.

@nikir

Love might include caring or protective actions.

“And JH def knows that something is off with CSH, he def will not accept her breakup even if she tries.. which CSH should also know.. hope she doesn't come up with a reason that JH cannot dispute.. which is highly unlikely at this point in the series”

Your comment in this part made me thrill whether CSH learnt from her ex-husband how to find way to break up that KJH can not object. I remember that Secretary Jang mentioned sending sth to CSH’s personal email, not office email, is it the clue?

I have watched your clip for a couple times and made me wanna see SHK in real life indeed.
Extras and pedestrians in Encounter in dating scene ep.14 are so lucky to see both real Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1