[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

‘ ‘Boyfriend ‘Park Bo-Gom, a lover Song Hye Kyo Bakgwiim enter 18/01/2019 08:18.....

20190118081858390rjwt.jpgView larger image

[TV report = Park Yu-ji reporter] 'Boyfriend' Park Bo-gom received a favorable response from viewers, drawing a variety of emotional lines ranging from solid politics towards Song Hye-gyo to deep family affairs.

Kim Jin-hyuk (Park Bo-gum) met Cha Cha-hyun (Moon Sung-Keun), the father of Cha Seo-hyun, on the 17th TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (Yoo Young-

On this day, Kim Jin-hyuk in "Boyfriend" He is the first person to know what love is. So I want to take responsibility for that love. "He expressed his love without hesitation. It is also clear that he has a firm belief in Cha Seo-hyun in his apparent tone and expression.

Park 's love law was the same for the family. He fought with his friends and heard the news of Kim Jin-myung (police officer) at the police station and headed straight to the place. He entered the police box and sat beside Kim Jin-myung alone. Then you can hold your hand without asking any kind of lettuce.

Afterwards, Kim Jin-hyuk and Kim Jin-myeong sat in the playground together. Kim Jin - hyuk said, "It 's wrong to listen to family scolding. I did a good job. "

In particular, Park has a calm yet deep voice that expresses the heart of Jinhyeok. It is a warm and unobtrusive voice that shines without splendor in the audience.

In this way, as well as a firm belief in the beloved black beloved, he also gave a sound to the house theater with a warm and warm figure.

Meanwhile, 'Boyfriend' is broadcast every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 pm.

Luckyim@tvreport.co.kr / photo = tvn 'boyfriend' screen capture...source credit @https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20190118081858286#none

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Borrowing lines from another drama and modifying it a bit because it's related to the Ep. 14 conflict, I address this to Jin Hyuk's Omma:

Jin hyuk Ommoni, Do you think you can win over Jin Hyuk?

And even if you do win, will it be a real victory?

Parents can't win over their children.

He (Jin Hyuk in his conversation with you) didn't say a single wrong thing. 

Spoiler

Lines from Reply 1988 where Sun Woo's Omma was very much opposed to her son marrying Bora.

Parents especially mothers (I think the mothers in the thread can relate to this) tend to write novels for their children, crafting a blueprint for their lives by themselves and without letting their children in to compose it with them. Hence, when their child veers away from the plot they've drafted, they panic and resist. If the opposition is reasonable and they have had a good relationship with their child, there is a chance to put the child back on track but if the resistance is misguided (as in the case of Jin Hyuk's Omma), an independent, free-spirited, level-headed and wise son as Jin Hyuk is, will hold fast to the choice he has made. As someone posted, his love for Soo Hyun is non-negotiable.

By the way, it takes two to break up, right? I don't think Jin Hyuk will yield to it? Do you remember the first time Soo Hyun suggested to him to part ways? His smart proposition was "No news is good news." I look forward to Jin Hyuk's creative way of confronting Soo Hyun's break-up plan in Ep.15.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Parents especially mothers (I think the mothers in the thread can relate to this) tend to write novels for their children, crafting a blueprint for their lives by themselves and without letting their children in to compose it with them. Hence, when their child veers away from the plot they've drafted, they panic and resist. 

You worded this so beautifully. I can relate to this, I am not a mother but this hit close to home with my experience with my own mother. I’m sure the others can relate to this too

Anyway, I also agree that JH won’t give up that easily. I’m also sure that SH won’t go on with her plans (I’m still rooting for you CSH!)

Aaaaaand I’m also sure that somehow we’ll end up in Cuba again. They spent a month filming there, right? :D

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Sadly, the mother looks so weak when compared to CSH. She's passive, possessive, and naive all rolled into one. She doesn't want her son talked about--welcome to the real world. EVERYBODY is talked about at some point in their life. The comparison about how a mother's love won't fade vs CHS love will.  Does she want JH to remain single for the rest of his life. The mother is really disappointing to me because she seems childlike in her thought process. I'm not saying she doesn't have a right to worry about her son and the type of woman he marries, however, she's going a bit too far for the wrong reasons in my opinion. 

On a different note, I love the depiction of the moon embracing the sun at 2:15 into the video.  Reminds me of the drama TMTETS.

The dads have been the best.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just when real world is stressful enough, here comes 2 stressful episodes in a row. If this plot happens in earlier episodes, its easy to accept but with only 2 remaining, i don't know what to think.

I am still trying to be positive. Anything can happen. Its just that at this point, i don't want to think anymore.

What should i 

believe now:

The director saying  the drama is about the beautiful process of love, heart-fluttering and we just need to sit back and relax(relax? we are tensed and stressed)

Or

The write ups that this is a tragic, ill-fated love story.

2 eps tackling JH mother doing... why spend 2 ep and to carry on till next ep?. I thought it will be resolve in ep 14. So, the real villain is Jh mother? 

When SHk was asked to describe her character.... CSH regain her happiness and freedom after meeting JH. But 14 eps has passed and she has not gain her freedom, her battle from her past is still on and with the taegyeong is still not settled. Happiness? Where is it? This is my hope for the next ep, in what ever form it is, im not sure anymore.

Just when i thought their relationship is so solid after all they have been through. Then comes Jh mother and everything start crumbling for Sh. Jh family being exposed to public eyes is not new. Isn't Jh said... he had no solutions for it now, but will find way to resolve it.  Throughout, Jh is consistent, he is giving his all. And i wish Sh will do the same.

I just wish for the best for the last 2 ep.

I don't believe in foreshadowing but Jh handling the wedding events for spring in the PR dept is just like him handling the masquerade in the year end event.

And Cuba... i still believe for a 3rd trip to cuba. Like some of you said, they spent 1 month there and they said, shooting was everyday.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

All of you have wonderfully analyzed the last 2 episodes !! I couldnt sleep last night after watching Ep 14 and my mind was working out the possible outcomes for Ep 15/16 Here's my take on the list of possibilities..pls add on to them ..all are happy endings only!! Now with so many insecurites ..all of my endings end with CSH and JH getting married ..coz until they are married CSH will forever be insecure !! 

• 1)CSH doesnt ask for break up ( yaaay)..somehow JH finds out and confronts mom and convinces her( or not i dont care for her now)!! 
  • 2) JH doesnt agree to her breakup , and doesnt give up on her and finds out the truth..tea lady/Sec Jang? or any of the good samaritans!! 
  • 3) They break up and JH is super depressed...JH mom realizes her mistake and apologizes to CSH and they get back together
  • 4) JH mom is hospitalized for some illness ( someone mentioned a hospital shooting?) and she apologizes to CSH ( maybe letter) and maybe passes away! This is possible since JH family is a super happy family and we are yet to see them facing any major issue!! 

Time Jump

5) JH agrees for time off instead of breakup and we see a time jump of few months during which time things get resolve..JH gets promoted  as team leader ( the open position in PR team) Maybe mom realizes her fault

6) They breakup and we see a time jump of 10 months ( just in time for Cuba hotel opening) during which time JH is promoted and PR team  and travels to Cuba and the magical place brings back their memories and they decide to get back together..Mom is ok by this time since she realizes how unhappy JH is without CSH

I would prefer option 1 or 2!! But ending 5 does seem probable since it fits with Cuba hotel opening timeline and the PD may try to squeeze our hearts more before making us happy..whichever option it is , it better be resolved in Ep 15..I cannot take more teary CSH!! poor CSH..

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Just watched episode 14, and I have to say that I'm impressed with this drama right now. I think it takes the drama from being just another romance about two people figuring out they like each other, and takes it through an entire relationship arc in a thoughtful way.

So, initially, it was about the JH and SH trying to figure out how they felt about each other, cocooning themselves in their relationship. Not because they were actively trying to keep it a secret, but because of their circumstances and their nature, they kept the relationship to themselves for the most part. Though people who were close to them slowly started finding out, as their relationship continued to flourish.

Once they had established how they felt about each other, they had to face opposition from people who didn't really matter that much to them, e.g. WS, Director Choi, SH's mother, the public. These were all people who opposed them for their own reasons, and for whom neither SH or JH had any particular regard or feelings for. And, they were able to hold on against them because they were people who didn't really matter to the OTP.

And, now they come across the last and hardest hurdle, the negative effect on and/or opprobrium from the people who are closest to them, whom JH and SH regard and love. So, it's JH's mother's opposition out of love and fear for her son, which SH had been expecting all along because she's the older divorcee who lives in a public fishbowl vs the sweet, young JH. It's JH's brother JM getting into fights over innuendos cast against JH. It's even SH's father who has decided to step down from his position. He phrases it as taking courage from SH's actions to do the right thing, but it's also a move designed to free SH from his ambition. If SH had stayed married to WS, then SH's father probably would have gone on to become the next president of Korea (as far as this drama is concerned). That is a momentous step to take any way one looks at it. JH is also becoming aware of how his decision is impacting his family, and I think that's an important step for him to recognize and deal with, which I think he's started doing. So, now JH and SH really, really have to look at it hard for themselves and into their own hearts. Is their love worth asking their loved ones to take the risk, with all of its potential pitfalls, along with them as well?

I think I've written on this before, that relationships are about more than just two people, even though we like to frame it as if only the two people matter. In the real world, if your friends or your family don't like your chosen partner, it makes it incredibly difficult on anyone. So, you really have to inspect whether the relationship is worth it, or whether it would eventually end anyway, in which case, why have everyone you love suffer for its sake.

So, JH and SH, having overcome all the previous hurdles are at the final one to overcome. I'm confident that they are going to overcome this hurdle as well. They are happiest and strongest when they are together. Also, they have a lot of people cheering them on now, including both fathers. And, JH was able to tell his mother how he felt about SH which may cause his mother to drink, but will also cause her to think. Now it's a question of how much does his mother trust JH to be his own man.

I would hope that rather than going through with breaking up with JH, SH considers their love enough to ultimately fight for it, even if she has to to her knees in front of JH's mother every day until JH's mother relents. (Only because going to one's knees is such a big deal in kdramas. :) ) However, I could see that SH isn't confident that she's really a good enough person for JH, and thus carries through with the breakup. If that happens, both JH and SH will suffer greatly, and the people around them who care for them will notice. It may require SH breaking up with JH for JH's family's sake and then having to watch both JH and SH suffer being separated for JH's mother to relent and realize that they are serious in their love and care for each other as well as for those in their vicinity. I'm willing to wait to see how the drama decides to take it. However, I'm even more confident that JH and SH will win out over this last hurdle to be together, and having had to consider over and over again whether this relationship is the one that they both want.

Btw, I have to admit that I really loved that the drama mentions that JH is SH's first love. SH may have gone through a marriage and a divorce already, but she never loved her husband. She was just doing her duty. So, JH is SH's first love, even as SH is JH's, as both JH and SH have both acknowledged now, even if not to each other. In that sense, it is a bit of an old-fashioned love story about love that is fated and thus can overcome all obstacles.

@stroppyse

Thank you so much for your comment to point out several points extracted from Encounter ep.14. 

I accepted that I disappointed with Writer Nim who created storyline for CSH to have break up idea poped up in her mind and probably is a choice CSH might decide in coming episode because the reason did mot convince to believe as many favorable situations and just one no-no from KJH’s mom, which is foreseeable.

It should not make such decision when KJH&CSH deeply love much more than just attraction stage in previous episodes. 

Love is about two people and their friends&family but sorting things out to wisely prioritize is thoroughly needed. 

What you mentioned that CSH’s first love in her life is KJH in the painful moment and vice versa when KJH told CSH he knews true love from CSH is still beautiful. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

We can feel KJH’s true love to CSH when CSH’s closed persons as Secretary Jang, Mr.Nam, and CSH’s dad mentioned about KJH.

By the way, CSH, let preserve this rare item as KJH by CSH’s side. 

CSH’s dad feels relieve when he knows that CSH will have KJH be by CSH’s side, she will not be lonely anymore.

CSH’s choice for her love life should count CSH’s dad’s to her decision. 

CSH’s dad’s feeling is not less important than KJH’s mom’s.

KJH has tried his kind and nice approach to explain his feeling about CSH to his mom.

Park Bo Gum’s and Song Hye Kyo’s Amazing acting as KJH and CSH

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, nikir said:

All of you have wonderfully analyzed the last 2 episodes !! I couldnt sleep last night after watching Ep 14 and my mind was working out the possible outcomes for Ep 15/16 Here's my take on the list of possibilities..pls add on to them ..all are happy endings only!! Now with so many insecurites ..all of my endings end with CSH and JH getting married ..coz until they are married CSH will forever be insecure !! 

• 1)CSH doesnt ask for break up ( yaaay)..somehow JH finds out and confronts mom and convinces her( or not i dont care for her now)!! 
  • 2) JH doesnt agree to her breakup , and doesnt give up on her and finds out the truth..tea lady/Sec Jang? or any of the good samaritans!! 
  • 3) They break up and JH is super depressed...JH mom realizes her mistake and apologizes to CSH and they get back together
  • 4) JH mom is hospitalized for some illness ( someone mentioned a hospital shooting?) and she apologizes to CSH ( maybe letter) and maybe passes away! This is possible since JH family is a super happy family and we are yet to see them facing any major issue!! 

Time Jump

5) JH agrees for time off instead of breakup and we see a time jump of few months during which time things get resolve..JH gets promoted  as team leader ( the open position in PR team) Maybe mom realizes her fault

6) They breakup and we see a time jump of 10 months ( just in time for Cuba hotel opening) during which time JH is promoted and PR team  and travels to Cuba and the magical place brings back their memories and they decide to get back together..Mom is ok by this time since she realizes how unhappy JH is without CSH

I would prefer option 1 or 2!! But ending 5 does seem probable since it fits with Cuba hotel opening timeline and the PD may try to squeeze our hearts more before making us happy..whichever option it is , it better be resolved in Ep 15..I cannot take more teary CSH!! poor CSH..

I like number 4. Lol. And its a major possibility since jh mom was once very sick. So she might passes aways which will make csh to be with jh at those hard time. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3