[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

51 minutes ago, beebeep said:

This is the problem with SH...she doesn't share her feelings with JH. If she's not comfortable telling JH that his mom met her behind his back, she should just inquire and get opinion from JH on what they should do if JH's mom is opposed to the relationship...

I mean he's a CEO of a famous hotel. She should have been able to think logically on what to do and how to strategize befitting a real 37 years old...

I would be upset if CSH is asking for a break-up again since it doesn't make sense logically due to the reasons that I have mentioned in my post above...

@beebeepTotally agreed with your comment. 

48 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Jin Myung was great because he was perceptive enough to not want to get his brother involved, that moment when he told JH not to have strange thoughts shows his understanding of his brother’s personality. JM wanted to protect his brother from knowledge of the fight because he knew it would add more strain on JH. 

@ahdrianaa I really like Jin Myung's atttitude to KJH and family. 

39 minutes ago, jl08 said:

LOL....You kidding me right? What is there to forgive CSH? 

We all know that it is KJH's MUM who begged her to break up. HOw is this SH's fault, my dear?

Should a boyfriend have a mother who is so selfish you mean....haha...nothing to do with CSH. She loves KJH so much. It's not like she wants to break up. Consider her predicament, not just KJH's.

There is no question of a boyfriend bearing a sad feeling of being asked to break up if HIS MOTHER DID NOT INTERFERE. Right? 

The crux is she doesn't want to break up but she could see her boyfriend's family deeply affected. That is reality. What else can she do if she doesn't want to cause conflict between mother and son?

-

CSH is going through a heart-wrenching time ....let's not blame her. Her plate is full....lol.

@jl08

I will be unpleasant to CSH's character and Writer Nim if CSH chose to ask for break up with KJH again. (the previous one is taking a break from the relationship)

Now it is still in the "if" stage, I understood CSH's pain but I really hope that she will not ask for breaking up. 

I also hope that CSH can remember that KJH&CSH were in deep pain when CSH decided to do so and KJH mentioned that CSH's judge like KJH was too weak to bear the obstacles was upsetting KJH the most. 

As I mentioned in my comment that it is foreseeable that KJH&CSH's dating will be criticized by the press and people and has not gotten a  warm welcome from KJH's parent.

Relocaiton to Sokcho, KJH's revealed personal info, objection by KJH's mom, and etc. should not lead to CSH's request to break up anymore but she can express her sadness and cry as much as she can to reflect her sorrow for the choice in love life that KJH and CSH chose.

KJH and CSH can gradually attempt to face the situation, mitigate KJH's mom's disapproval together, and are ready to live with coming obstacles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jl08 said:

I second that...

And if there's anyone that needs to seek forgiveness from KJH, it's his one and only MUM! She is the one who drove his girlfriend to the extreme...so bad that she wanted to take sleeping pills to soothe her pain all over again. 

No thanks to JH's omma, KJH might face the break up that both never wanted. Yes, BOTH. If anything, she is responsible for making her son suffer as well.

This! Don't blame SH when it was his mum who caused them to suffer. No matter how good her intention was, it wasn't the right thing to do. 

Spoiler

Kinda reminds me of the time when some fans were blaming KMY for rejecting YSJ in DotS. They didn't even try to understand why she had to do that. Lol

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

So... my heart created walls around this drama.. I wanna trust the writer but given his previous works, they were heartbreaking to say the least. I hope she will prove me wrong. Because seriously, why build up our otp, make the audiences see how much they have grown as a person and together only to have them break up?

CSH’s predicament is really critical. You cant blame her if she’s seriously considering breaking up with him. His family is at steak. But what I’m confused about is, this issue has happened before. They were at a stand still once and CSH made the choice of going back to KJH. What she needs is to be reminded of the fact why she chose to go back to him. 

I’m not really familiar with his previous works but I am holding on to the fact it would be an unwise choice to close the drama with two more heavy episodes.

This is kinda like their situation in episode 9, only this time it’s like a million times more complicated.

I’m still hoping that they won’t break-up. I have a nagging feeling in my head that they won’t. And I hope SH is reminded by the good memories they have and hopefully it sustains her until they can come up with a solution around JH’s mum.

And holy molly, TG has been completely overshadowed by the momma drama. Like is the lawsuit still on? What happens now? Ah we need more episodes! 

• Like 13

DRAMA: Boyfriend Ep. 14

Original Article: [osen] 'Boyfriend' Song Hyekyo, Breaks Up With Park Bogum"I'm Going To Break Up With You Right Now"

0003938071_001_20190117225414320.png?type=w540

0003938071_002_20190117225414469.jpg?type=w540

0003938071_003_20190117225414478.png?type=w540

0003938071_004_20190117225414569.jpg?type=w540

0003938071_005_20190117225414581.png?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-17%2Bat%2B10.00.58%2BPM.png
1. +662, -23 There's no boyfriend like Park Bogum/Kim Jinhyuk in this world... I've fallen into the black hole and there's no exit... I know that Jinhyuk is going to be wherever Suhyun-ie is at and I understand that Suhyun-ie's heart hurts but please don't break up ㅠㅠㅠ Don't cry ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
2. +485, -11 These two have big hearts that's why they always think of each other.. Just go love each other ㅜㅜㅜㅜ Don't shake up my heart ㅠㅠㅠㅠ How am I supposed to wait for 1 weekㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3. +110, -23 When Song Hyekyo cried, her acting was really good this time. She's beautiful and really matches well with Park Bogum. Applause to these two.
4. +110, -37 I just want to say that Song Hyekyo is seriously pretty 
5. +28, -1 Wow....... Because the title is 'Boyfriend' I thought it was going to be a light drama, but I didn't know it was going to be a heart-breaking drama.......
6.+24, -1 Don't go ㅠ Kim Jinhyuk-ssi can't give up at all~~
7. +30, -15 Seems like I shouldn't watch this episode either. I don't want my heart to hurt again

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, beebeep said:

I appreciate your thinking but JH and SH are 100% responsible for their actions and reactions to whatever problems thrown at them

Agree....provided they live in a bubble with no other people to consider.

I agree that SH and JH should talk it over but in this instance, she can't. It's betrayal of his mum to the highest degree and ultimately might prove his mum right that she's not to be trusted. Add that to the mum's list of fearful about disruption to their normal lives etc...

I said yesterday that if CSH confides in KJH about his mum, hell might break lose if JH confronts his mum..

• Like 15

I know why Hye kyo accepted this drama. She is the main person in this drama and have a lot of scene that she can portray her rich acting.  i watched all of her drama, her acting is the best in BF.  one of the factor is her co-star.  Bogum has very expressive eyes. his tone of voice, line delivery, gestures and movement could help Hye Kyo acting more shiner too.  could not believe they have 12 years age gap as superb chemistry . They  make us feel their love real and we all so excited over 2 sad episode.  I just wondering Writer is writing this script by watching hye kyo and bogum real life.. Let's  stick around this thread and talked about it after final episode. i tried not to write alot. let's watch/ replay naver video .:D

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

SH, Dearest Darling,

We all know you are breaking up with him in your head.

Keep it, do away with those thoughts & forget about it.

Please don't voice it out.

All will be okay in due time.

Yours Sincerely, 

JH's stalkers who are waiting to snatch him away from you.:)

Wait!  If you are a JH stalker, shouldn't the advice you offered in your letter to SH be the exact opposite so that it would free up JH for your lascivious designs?   

:kiss_wink:

• LOL 13

9 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

CSH’s predicament is really critical. You cant blame her if she’s seriously considering breaking up with him. His family is at steak. But what I’m confused about is, this issue has happened before. They were at a stand still once and CSH made the choice of going back to KJH. What she needs is to be reminded of the fact why she chose to go back to him. 

Because she wants his family to accept her, remember her conversation with the old widow.

It’s evident even when she is talking to Sec Jang 

SH: (crying) Mijin ah, I truly hate the idea of having to break up

MJ : that’s what I mean, don’t break up. Don’t think of anyone else except the two of you. 

SH : that’s the difficulty, I want go pretend like problems don’t exist but it keeps coming back to me. 

MJ : Soohyun ah look back at your past, you have overcome much bigger problems. So don’t let this bother you.. please 

SH : I am worried, I am very worried.. you know his personality.

• Like 22

Haven't replied in soompi forums since forever and this drama basically made me break my streak T_T

Anyway, haven't really watched ep 13 and 14 because I'm avoiding the heartbreak but just looking through the posts my heart is still breaking!!! 

All I need to know is that CSH still hasn't spoken the words yet which would mean there is a glimmer of hope that would divert her intentions of asking JH to break up. I know she's gone through this already in the earlier stage of their relationship and her feelings might be much worst right now, but I wish she can be reminded of every single thing that had happened between her and JH. ALL THE GOOD AND THE BAD. I feel like that way, she can get another perspective instead of just ending it with JH just because of the mom because there is so much more of their relationship that they have built together, to begin with. I hope the writer didn't nurture their relationship so much just to let it fall back down with just a single reason. In the end, I think I'll wait for the preview before I watch 13 & 14 because I don't want my heart to be crushed just yet. Good luck to all of us!!! Waiting for next week will for sure be excruciating. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lolly84 said:

I agree 100%. Think that Cuba's magic will come in last episode... Their chemistry is off the charts!!!

I am depending on your thoughts and i hope we will give us a happy ending so we can move on to our lives after this drama and we can rewatch it with a smile in our face Song Hye Kyo drama always give me a happiness in my life 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

I’ve decided to try predicting what’s going to happen next.  Hold onto your hats:

At the end of their date, JinHyuk is going to give SooHyun the camera case gift.  SooHyun will accept it.  Then she’ll break up with him.  After it sinks in, she drives him, but instead of driving home, she takes him to the local city hall and she reveals that they’re going to to get married right then and there!  

Then the last two episodes are SooHyun wrapping up the lawsuit and an extended montage of their honeymoon in Cuba.  

100% this will happen.  B):thumbsup:

• Like 10
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NongpeeP said:

I will be unpleasant to CSH's character and Writer Nim if CSH chose to ask for break up with KJH again.

Of course you can. You're free to be unpleasant to anyone...lol. But I'd like to correct that CSH did not choose to ask for break up.

His mum asked her to break up. Not her choice..

I rest my case that CSH is not responsible for the breakup. It's her decision, yes but it is not she who wants a break up. She doesn't want to put JH in a difficult situation - torn between his mum and her. That is the catalyst for her decision.

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, dahae2006 said:

I know why Hye kyo accepted this drama. She is the main person in this drama and have a lot of scene that she can portray her rich acting.  i watched all of her drama, her acting is the best in BF.  one of the factor is her co-star.  Bogum has very expressive eyes. his tone of voice, line delivery, gestures and movement could help Hye Kyo acting more shiner too.  could not believe they have 12 years age gap as superb chemistry . They  make us feel their love real and we all so excited over 2 sad episode.  I just wondering Writer is writing this script by watching hye kyo and bogum real life.. Let's  stick around this thread and talked about it after final episode. i tried not to write alot. let's watch/ replay naver video .:D

@dahae2006

Totally agreed with you, I can not believe that Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo made me forget who are they in real life when I am watching Encounter because only Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyun exists in my screen and my mind.

For Park Bo Gum's and Song Hye Kyo's acting, I appreciate the most and can only praise the best for their uttermost portraying

. . . 12-year gap, Song Hye Kyo's just married status, Park Bo Gum as Song Hye Kyo's husband's close Dongseng, Song Hye Kyo's entering showbiz when Park Bo Gum is only 4 years old, etc. . . . so what?!?! They are an professional actor/actress.

59 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

So... my heart created walls around this drama.. I wanna trust the writer but given her previous works, they were heartbreaking to say the least. I hope she will prove me wrong. Because seriously, why build up our otp, make the audiences see how much they have grown as a person and together only to have them break up?

@dukesa1122

Could CSH let time heal the situation by doing nothing yet? If so, CSH, please do nothing when the situation is unfavorable and CSH's mind is unstable. 

43 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Because she wants his family to accept her, remember her conversation with the old widow.

It’s evident even when she is talking to Sec Jang 

SH: (crying) Mijin ah, I truly hate the idea of having to break up

MJ : that’s what I mean, don’t break up. Don’t think of anyone else except the two of you. 

SH : that’s the difficulty, I want go pretend like problems don’t exist but it keeps coming back to me. 

MJ : Soohyun ah look back at your past, you have overcome much bigger problems. So don’t let this bother you.. please 

SH : I am worried, I am very worried.. you know his personality.

@ahdrianaa 

CSH can sway her mind from the pressure but no need to rush making any decisions when the situaion is unpleasant. Calm down and think thoroughly is what I really hope from CSH's character now. 

@jl08

My view is as follows:

As we knew KJH has been pressured and looked down by CSH's ex-mom in law to indirectly ask KJH to break up. KJK has been asked to break up by CSH's mom which made KJH feel sad and miserable but he has not asked CSH to break up.

For CSH, she has been asked by KJH's mom to break up, it is very tough situation but it is totally CSH's choice to decide not to break up with KJH when

- KJH has showed his strong intention to remain relationship with CSH.

- CSH's dad showed her that he can handle with freedom from the Chaebol and his political career.

- KJH's dad's warm welcome could be felt for the dinner and he is watching KJH&CSH as she asked him to.

- Situation in Donghwa hotel is much better after Director Choi has been caught by Mr.Nam’s smart move.

CSH has strong support from several closed people for her love life with KJH, only one obvious no-no KJH’s mom...the situation is much better, why would she think about breaking up now...hope not.

Nobody can force CSH to request break up except CSH herself because KJH's mom can not speak in the name of CSH to ask KJH to break up as KJH's mom's desire. 

Who decides should take responsibility.

I really hope that CSH will not request for break up just for one and only KJH's mom while KJH and CSH will be in so much pain. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

*reading and sobbing in silence*

After yesterday episode, i decided to put on hold to watch live streaming and just camp here, reading all thoughts. And i came into decision, that i'll wait until last episode next week. 

I guess i'm going to watch all 3 episodes and drinking soju next week while i'm in Seoul. Or maybe not gonna watch at all depends on how this story goes. 

My weak heart :tears:

Oh @thistle let's wait until last episode :tears:

• Like 7
  • Sad 6

@stardustvoid doesn’t this look like one of the illustrations from the little prince? The man on the fifth planet who has to keep lighting street lamps. This must be symbolic if it is that character.

77-A798-E8-11-FA-474-E-A2-BD-3-BF45-AF0-

I think we should all take a break, go eat something nice and sweet. Lots of chocolate!! I’m off to eat some.

• Like 13
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 3

@ahdrianaa

You have a point there. She didn’t know then that they will have issues with the parentals. I haven’t watch a single scene coz I dont understand hangul so I was heavily relying on your live translation (thank you btw). 

@dahae2006

Spoiler

SHK has always been a great actress for me. What people fail to realize is her acting style is almost always through her face and her eyes. No excessive movements. Some people always stop to notice how good she is at acting because they get struck at how beauitful she is. Thank you to this drama, finally her subtle acting style is noticed!

PBG surprisingly strike me as almost the same as her. His eyes can be super expressive too. And he is sexy when he’s serious more than when he is happy.

@stardustvoid

i think by CSH finding out who the mole is and announcing it to the entire board changes things. Ex MIL cant just file legal actions with that scandal on her belt. Im sure the board has an inkling who’s behind behind Director Choi’s actions. 

@NongpeeP

if this wasnt a drama, id say yes. Maybe waiting it out and find a better timing to the situation is a wise choice. After all, theyre not getting married. The scandal and noise from other people will always be there even if they break up. But this a drama after all. They had to build the Catharsis.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I think we should all take a break, go eat something nice and sweet. Lots of chocolate!! I’m off to eat some.

Sweet mother of Mary it is!! That’s the lamplighter who lives in the tiniest planet. He is bound by duty to light and put out the lamp in his planet. Trouble is, his planet makes a complete turn every minute so he has to light and unlight the lamp twice in a minute.

He is a tired man but he can’t stop because those are his orders. In fact the Little Prince offered him a solution so he can rest (by walking three steps towards daylight all the time in his planet) but he refused because all he wanted to do in life was to sleep. The Little Prince loved that man because he was faithful to his orders. He also admired that the lamplighter thought of someone else besides himself. 

The Little Prince wanted to stay to be his friend but his planet was so small and could not fit two people. He also loved that his planet had 1440 sunsets. And we all know how cathartic sunsets are for CSH

Oh my goodness! Is JH the lamplighter? Or is it CSH? Jiminy cricket!

I need a drink or some chocolates...take me with you @ahdrianaa

• Like 8
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 3