[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

14 minutes ago, beebeep said:

she should just inquire and get opinion from JH on what they should do if JH's mom is opposed to the relationship...

It's like asking SH to drop a hint to JH that his mum had spoken to her.....she can't even betray his mum. She's badly caught and her decision is because she saw JM hurt at the police station.

Yes, she's 37 and a CEO. 

Even a CEO is a human being and has emotions I guess...It's overwhelming for her. Everything.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

What can I say about this episode???

I am so sad that I can't even get angry with the writer....

A friend of mine who is a novelist said that this drama writer's mind seems unpredictable...let's just hope she don't have the kind of thinking that sad ending is beautiful...oh no....my friend said that she predicted a break up and something will happen to soo hyun (considering that she is taking so much pressure on herself alone)...oh....a BIG NO...

haishhh...a lot of expectation....a lot of anticipation...I still think that happy ending is the most beautiful ending...:)

Thanks for all the updates my dear friends...you all are amazing...:heart:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

I’m honestly annoyed of JH’s mom even from the very beginning, among all the mothers she is my least favorite (considering the two are really evil) I don’t know why (maybe because of her voice?) but her mom just have this vibe that I can’t seem to like. Anyway, SH’s gonna break JH heart next week and possibly time jump for the finale? Was actually hoping that SH will listen to MJ but yeah love is chivalrous. :dissapointed:

Agreed on you for that feelings. She is the most kind and understanding in the three mothers in my point of view before but the most coward now. That's it! Because  a mother is always brave in terms of protecting children's happiness.:heartbreak:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Also, why can KJh's mother worry about her perfect oldest son, the one who did no wrong.  You seriously  expect the mother to be cool with a richer, older divorced woman who is also from a famous family? Who has saints like that? I would have  issues with someone  like CSH. But I know we can't say anything  these days about our children's  choices,. Doesn't  mean  one is close minded or not nice. Its only  been a few episodes. Why can't she warm up slowly?

Besides,  the writer obviously  has a plan.  The storyline  is flowing. Don't you  all trust the writer?

Personally, I'm not sure I trust the writer that much. :sweatingbullets: There are some details in the earlier episodes that niggled at me, but I brushed them aside so I can enjoy the drama as a whole... 

I think the writer has totally underplayed the effect this relationship has on JH and his family. In real life, if someone like JH dates someone like SH, his family would be hounded by reporters... Neighbours, friends and passerby would be whispering and pointing at not just him, but also his family.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see articles after articles digging dirt on JH and his family. But we didn't really see much of this. Going against the Taegyeong group has also shown minimal effect - I was expecting a lot worse. So taking this into consideration, JH's mother seems unreasonable. I sympathize with her feeling, but don't condone what she did behind his back.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

The mother is annoying. Dont know why she has to put her insecurities upon SH though. Sure they are different status and she is afraid her son will get looked down upon but he still so happy so why rock the boat? I feel it wouldve been better if the time was spent more on the evil chairwoman side since we dont have many eps left for closure.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

I completely understand why SH is thinking of breaking up with JH. When it comes to love, logical thinking isn't always applicable.

I second that...

And if there's anyone that needs to seek forgiveness from KJH, it's his one and only MUM! She is the one who drove his girlfriend to the extreme...so bad that she wanted to take sleeping pills to soothe her pain all over again. 

No thanks to JH's omma, KJH might face the break up that both never wanted. Yes, BOTH. If anything, she is responsible for making her son suffer as well.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jl08 said:

I second that...

And if there's anyone that needs to seek forgiveness from KJH, it's his one and only MUM! She is the one who drove his girlfriend to the extreme...so bad that she wanted to take sleeping pills to soothe her pain all over again. 

No thanks to JH's omma, KJH might face the break up that both never wanted. Yes, BOTH. If anything, she is responsible for making her son suffer as well.

I appreciate your thinking but JH and SH are 100% responsible for their actions and reactions to whatever problems thrown at them. I think if they break-up then it's 100% SH and JH's fault even though JH's mom is the one who instigate it. Yes, JH's mom is at fault but now we all as an audience wants to know what would be SH's reaction to this problem. Again, JH and SH should have talked...inquiry, hint, or just old plain talk to each other...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, autumnight said:

Personally, I'm not sure I trust the writer that much. :sweatingbullets: There are some details in the earlier episodes that niggled at me, but I brushed them aside so I can enjoy the drama as a whole... 

I think the writer has totally underplayed the effect this relationship has on JH and his family. In real life, if someone like JH dates someone like SH, his family would be hounded by reporters... Neighbours, friends and passerby would be whispering and pointing at not just him, but also his family.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see articles after articles digging dirt on JH and his family. But we didn't really see much of this. Going against the Taegyeong group has also shown minimal effect - I was expecting a lot worse. So taking this into consideration, JH's mother seems unreasonable. I sympathize with her feeling, but don't condone what she did behind his back.

Yeah... these two eps have made me put on my “suspicious viewer” goggles again.  Pretty much the only thing I trust a drama writer to do is break my little shipper heart.   

But that said!  I do like that a theme of the drama is personal growth!  I’m not impressed with anyone’s communication skills in this drama other than JinHyuk’s dad, DaeChan, and Teacher Lee.  They say how they feel and are honest with themselves and other people.  Everybody else needs to take Communciation 101.   But the other characters are making steady improvements toward facing their demons and trying to conquer them.  

Although I'm sad about SooHyun’s decision, she deserves some applause for how far she’s come from the Ice Princess persona that we saw at the beginning.  She’s shared her feelings with two people, and she would never have done that before.  She can see herself as being part of the world now, thanks in part to JinHyuk, and that’s something to celebrate.  

Even WooSeok’s fake girlfriend got some closure for herself by telling SooHyun the truth! And that allowed SooHyun to close that door, finally.

The remaining characters that are need of personal growth are JinHyuk’s mom and the only one who can help her is JinHyuk himself.  I think he is refusing to acknowledge how much anger and fear his mom has about what’s happening.  Just as he ignored all the signs that his childhood best friend wanted more than friendship.  Luckily that didn’t blow up in his face, but this situation with his mother sure as heck has.  Hopefully, him resolving the situation with his mom will be the focus on the next episode.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

So... my heart created walls around this drama.. I wanna trust the writer but given her previous works, they were heartbreaking to say the least. I hope she will prove me wrong. Because seriously, why build up our otp, make the audiences see how much they have grown as a person and together only to have them break up?

CSH’s predicament is really critical. You cant blame her if she’s seriously considering breaking up with him. His family is at steak. But what I’m confused about is, this issue has happened before. They were at a stand still once and CSH made the choice of going back to KJH. What she needs is to be reminded of the fact why she chose to go back to him. 

Ice breaker:

Those extras on the street, in the bakery and library. How fortunate are they? They saw pbg and shk all in one setting. They really can die happily now.

• Like 10
  • LOL 9
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Also, why can KJh's mother worry about her perfect oldest son, the one who did no wrong.  You seriously  expect the mother to be cool with a richer, older divorced woman who is also from a famous family? Who has saints like that? I would have  issues with someone  like CSH. But I know we can't say anything  these days about our children's  choices,. Doesn't  mean  one is close minded or not nice. Its only  been a few episodes. Why can't she warm up slowly?

I would agree with this point only if everyone also extended the same understanding to SH’s mother. Why would she want a much poorer and  younger man for SH? She has the country’s richest and most powerful family wanting SH as their daughter in law, she would be a crazy mother not to want that for SH. If SH isn’t desirable in JH’s mother’s eyes then I’m sure SH’s mom doesn’t see JH as a catch either but nobody tried to understand her perspective.

If JH’s mom is worried about snide remarks from a few neighbors, SH’s mom will have to face the same situation from her circle of friends. 

In the conversation between SH’s mom and dad today it became apparent that they do or did love one another, she says she has faced all the humiliation and hardships in their life so that their dreams could come true. SH’s dad actually acknowledges all the hardships the mother has gone through.

When the dad says it’s time for the two of them to dream some new dreams, it’s clear how exhausted she is and SH’s mother feels betrayed that she did her end of the hardwork towards their life’s plan but both SH and the dad have had a change of mind while she was still stuck in that phase of her life.

I still don’t like SH’s mom but I felt a lot of pity for her after that conversation. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Glycie Manongsong said:

Agreed on you for that feelings. She is the most kind and understanding in the three mothers in my point of view before but the most coward now. That's it! Because  a mother is always brave in terms of protecting children's happiness.:heartbreak:

Agreed with everything but the last point :)  I think a lot of mothers I’ve know would say a mother is always bravest when protecting their child’s life.  JinHyuk’s mom wants him to live safely, peacefully.  With no bad words spread about him, no jealous people asking for favors. And within that life, that safe life, she has had happiness and so she believes JinHyuk will have happiness too.  If she has to hurt him now and make him unhappy now, so that he can be safe, his mother is willing to do it.  Because in her own experience, happiness will come eventually.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1