[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

If I’m not mistaken, that is the last OST right? So maybe since the title is  “Fairy Tale” it really clues us in on a happy ending

I’m pretty confident it will be a happy ending, I just don’t want it to be all angst until the closing minutes of episode 16. I will really flip a table if that happens! 

• Like 14
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

My dream scenario is SH would say hell to the no about breaking up with JH. Yes, I know, it will most definitely ruin his family dynamics. On the other hand, I really want to see SH FIGHT FOR HER MAN rather than JH’s stubbornness being the thing that saves the relationship.

SH gurl, I’m rooting for you! If it’s worth having it’s worth fighting for!

ETA: as sad as this episode was there were so many foreshadowings for a happy ending

Yes, this is exactly what i wanted for SH, i really hope the writer will make her into fighter. fight for her own happiness. the bold and bright Soo Hyun like she used to be.

I'll save my wishes and put my trust to the writer.

Can't wait to sit down, and read all the recaps tonight.

Soo Hyun, fighting!! Chin up girl! You deverse all the happiness in the world with your man beside you thru thick and thin. 

Wknbwmy.jpg

7r4g6U6.jpg

GWoe9mC.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

What an emotional roller coaster ride. The meeting between KJH mother and CSH was heart breaking in so many level. The problem is that I perfectly understand KJH mother's selfish love. She wanted to bubble wrap her son, which is very wrong. But this feeling is too familiar for me. I have a son on my own. Will I let my son make his own decision with minimum interference? At this point of time, I have no confident in 100% letting him walk his own path and make his own mistake.

Having said that... KJH mother :

1. Decided to go behind her husband and son's back to break up the relationship. Heartbreak now is better than heartbreak later? What kind of logic is this?

2. Let the neighborhood gossip outweighed her own son's happiness

3. As some of you mentioned, she didn't even bother to know more about CSH

4. She threw marriage out right in front of CSH's face. What was she thinking? Both of them wearing the same ring that signify their commitment. She should know her son better. Would KJH give that kind of ring casually to some random girl... Argh this is so irritating...

She made too many assumptions. The worst one was that her son will be happier without CSH. 

I saw many similar kind of mother in real life. I know this is just a drama, but sometimes it hit too close to home...

• Like 18
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

I understand JH’s mom but I can’t help getting annoyed by her hahahaha really I’m not feeling the moms in this series. Based on the preview, is SH gonna do a “WS move” where she will have a fake affair? Or simply break up with JH. But anyway, I’m pretty sure they’re gonna break up and have separate lives but after a year or more they’ll meet again and have a happy ever after. JH gonna be a professional photographer for sure. 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

I understand JH’s mom but I can’t help getting annoyed by her hahahaha really I’m not feeling the moms in this series. Based on the preview, is SH gonna do a “WS move” where she will have a fake affair? Or simply break up with JH. But anyway, I’m pretty sure they’re gonna break up and have separate lives but after a year or more they’ll meet again and have a happy ever after. JH gonna be a professional photographer for sure. 

God, no! I don’t want a forced separation and a time jump :bawling: it goes against everything this couple has build up so far.

And if SH fakes an affair/getting back with WS just to “let JH go” then I am dropping this drama. That would be the most stupid thing she can do. 

What SH needs is the courage to stand up for her happiness. I don’t care if they elope. I’m all for it. I just don’t feel any sympathy for JH’s mum right now!  

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Still hope for happy ending...and no time jump PLEASE...I hate time jump...hate it...really hate it!!:tounge_wink:

I am still holding grudge at the writer for yesterday's episode..LOL! Let's see if she make up for us tonight..:unsure:

Jin Soo deserves happy ending..

hqdefault.jpg

photo credit to owner

• Like 18

I stoped watching ep13 before the "meet JH's mum" end scene, because I was sad to begin with today, and did not think I could handle it.

Loved the rest though:

- the way they approach the conversation about marriage and ever after is the most realistic I've seen in a very long time. The fact that she is worried and ashamed about her history... and that it takes some convincing that all that does not matter as long as they are together...  Even the fact that they talk about it properly...that marriage is not about grand-gesture proposals, but about a lifetime commitment that should not be taken lightly.

- I love how her interaction with JH changes her in ways small (like inviting people to her house for dinner) and large (like choosing to forgive the minion's betrayal, and sending him to Cuba so that he learns to treasure what he was willing to destroy). They do make each other better

- every moment of their day to day looks wonderful; eating together, preparing a meal together, or sitting on the couch ... it all feels meaningful and perfect

- the board meeting reminded me that Sh is so cool; also proved to WS that she does not need protection or saving - from him or anyone

- I also love how normal their relationship has become, that by now people talk about it  as if it's a given; they can even kiss at the office like it's no big deal.

Because of the last point, I got so angry about JH's mother's actions. I knew from the beginning that she would oppose and that it would take work to convince her. But the way she went about it was really despicable - the sneaking behind the scenes while avoiding direct confrontation... the manipulativeness of it all. And the fact that she cares more about what the neighbors say than her son explicitly stating that he can't live without SH. I am angry because that hits SH where it hurts the most. MiLfH and WME are bad, but at least they are upfront about it. After a first marriage into a family where she felt treated like an object to display while despised behind the scenes, the last thing in the world she needs is another disapproving mother in law... JH's mother's actions targeted her deepest insecurities and thus hurt the most.

Why is it that in this show being a mother necessarily makes you a jerk?

Overall, I'm even more sad now than I was at the start of the day.

I trust and hope JiSoo will continue to be their amazing couple self, despite all the messiness.

As long as they talk about it, it should be ok...

Please be ok.

PS: I've decided to wait until end of the series and binge the rest. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

@jl08

Yes chingu! We got our wish, albeit it’s a silent cry but still. Crying and talking! I think the Encounter team are really monitoring this thread closely. Seriously. Im almost positive :ph34r:

To the Encounter team who is reading this.... Do us a favor, log in and say a big fat hello to us after Episode 16! We are your biggest fans/analyser/buzz creator! Encounter fighting! :heart:

30 minutes ago, boredahjumma said:

I know this is just a drama, but sometimes it hit too close to home...

I agree. The very same thing happened with my parents, but in reverse. Too close to home. If you wanna know how their love story ended, well I’m in this world arent I? So I have hope that this drama will end happily!

• Like 14
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, charlieblue17 said:

Overall, I'm even more sad now than how I started the day.

Hey, cheer up! 

Every cloud has a silver lining, remember? What our OTP is going through now will make them more united as we can see already..

Despite the storm, they are still very much in love with each other and even more so by the day! Let's focus on the sweet moments rather than on the obstacles which are there for a reason - to make everything that much sweeter at the end. 

Good times will definitely come, so be happy!    :D

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

@Josh Marquez, I have to agree. I can understand the mothers concerns, but I was also annoyed at her.  The mother comes across as sweet and very timid. The mother to me is one of those types of people who live her life to please others and never steps out of her comfort zone. Sadly, she's wanting them to break up because of what people are saying and not due to anything that CSH has done.  Maybe it's just me and the world I operate in, but neighbors and friends (even strangers) when they find out you're working for a good company, are aways pressing to have there resume passed along with a good referral.

I felt really sorry for CSH because she's truly a lonely woman.

• Like 15

My gosh the ending is near but there is a lot of problem in the life of Soohyun why can just leave them alone, the problem with the ex and mother-inlaw not yet done now the mother of Jinhyuk tsk tsk tsk this writter giving us heart attack, i hope this writter give us a happy ending so we can move on with our life with a smile in our face writter pls..

• Like 9

JH's mum simply don't understand how hard JH had worked to make this relationship works.

Just because of her discomfort and she did not understand her son, she wanna break them up :neutral:

Luckily the drama is coming to an end, I trust that it will be resolved. If not, I will flip my table next week :unamused:

• Like 15

Watch: “Encounter” Shares All The Fun Behind The Scenes Of Park Bo Gum’s Serenade

Watch: “Encounter” Shares All The Fun Behind The Scenes Of Park Bo Gum’s Serenade

Jan 17, 2019
by J. K

The drama “Encounter” has revealed a making-of video that shows the cast filming a sweet scene!

In episode 11, Park Bo Gum’s character Kim Jin Hyuk serenaded his girlfriend Cha Soo Hyun (played by Song Hye Kyo) over the phone.

The behind-the-scenes clip begins with Park Bo Gum practicing by singing to a stuffed toy. He cracked everyone up on set with his dramatic rendition of the song, before Block B’s P.O (who plays his brother in the show) joined him for a hilarious duet. The clip reveals that their joking on set was the inspiration for how P.O’s character suddenly opens the door to join in the song in the episode.

Next, the video gives a look at Song Hye Kyo acting as Cha Soo Hyun, who’s supposed to be listening to her boyrfiend lovingly singing to her on the phone. Instead, she was on a separate set where a lighting director is the one doing the singing with his deep voice. While Song Hye Kyo initially grins as though she’s hearing Park Bo Gum instead, she ends up bursting out laughing at the situation, and the whole set erupts in laughter.

“This is my happiest day,” she said. “I had to find the time to say my lines, but it wasn’t the right note…” She then said, “Lighting director, you’re the best!”

The clip also includes some fun clips of Park Bo Gum getting behind the camera himself. It reveals that in the scene where Kim Jin Hyuk was taking a photo of their shoes, the footage they used was really filmed by Park Bo Gum. In addition, he also excitedly showed off his couple ring on the office set.

Watch the behind-the-scenes video below!

Get caught up with “Encounter” by watching the latest episode here....source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1293865wpp/watch-encounter-shares-fun-behind-scenes-park-bo-gums-serenade

• Like 15
  • LOL 3

Just finished watching E13. Usually the parent of rich people are the one who opposes the relationship of their son or daughter to a poor family. Not at this drama. The mother of KJH's reasoning is pretty lame. All she want is the easy way for her family not to be disturbed by the relationship of her son to a rich woman. She is asking for a breakup. What about the feelings of the KJH and CSH? Is breakup the ultimate solution to her fears? If she really care for her son, KJH, she should have discuss everything to the whole family. Nothing can be solved by keeping quiet and then making an attempt to break the relationship. It's KJH personal life and nobody has the right to break the relationship not even their parents. It's pretty dumb and stupid move.

Why is it that mothers are always the bearer of bad news in a relationship (MIL, CSH mother and KJH mother)? Why are fathers always the cool ones (Congressman Cha and KJH father)? Maybe on the next drama series we don't add a mother figure to the story so that there's no conflict in a love relationship. Hahahaha   

• Like 11
  • LOL 3

Last night I didn't dare to listen to the conversations on the short videos posted on IG, since I saw those tears and eyes and scenes...

My heart wrenched to see the current status of our couple...
I cannot take it to see how CSH seems so lonely and alone! Especially after KJH's mom talked to her... 
It really broke her heart... my heart too.. our hearts..
I mean, I cannot say I don't understand why JH's mom did that..
Being a mom myself, if my son were that kind and nice and handsome, and to see that he's being harrassed by others because of a woman... I would feel her heartache and may wanted them to be separated.. BUT... I would have talked to my son and not to the girl! 
I hated it when my MIL came and talked to me things concerning my husband - He is your son, talk to him!
Hence I hated KJH's mom's guts to come and talk to CSH for things concerning her son (and herself)...

I saw that the written preview and the scene preview for tonight's episode were contradictory...
I surely, truly, madly, deeply hope that the written preview will be more accurate... 

I hope the happy ending will be as CSH's version
The Happy Ending where CSH and KJH can be together, happily, forever...

Go to Cuba!
Start a family there!
Go out from Korea...
Pleaseee...

Hope no noble idiocracy will play here in this drama....

I am going crazy...
I cannot stand the sadness.... :bawling:

• Like 11
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 2