[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

If ever they will break up for a short time i wished there is a passionate make out session showing how they miss and love each other so much.., me trying to think about happy eps after this sad ep...:wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

JK said that "anyone can be shaken at least once". Maybe that's also about JK mother. And the unexpected guest in Ep14 text preview will be her, coming to apologize to SH? I dont know. I'm trying hard to stay positive.

• Like 13

52 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

@NongpeeP add JH’s complete confidence and faith in SH. When they left his house after dinner he said this to her  

where you go and who you meet, these aren’t things that worry me because I know there must be a good reason for what you do. After all, wherever you might be .... your heart is with me. I’m correct aren’t I?”

@ahdrianaa

Thank you so much for such beautiful sentence in translation. Let me add yours.

We could believe in

1. JH’s complete confidence and faith in SH

2. KJH's stubbornness and his wise gut to handle his mom; 

3. Teacher Lee's signal to either KJH or KJH's dad OR both; 

4. CSH's dad; 

5. Mr.Nam; 

6. KJH's dad;

7. CSH's unable to cut tie with KJH;

8. KJH's mom who dearly loves KJH till she can not bear KJH's deep sadness; and/or

9. KJH&CSH's true love 

One of them or all of them are fine for audiences

By the way, even KJH said like that (Faith in CSH) to CSH in order to comfort her feeling but from ep.12, audiences can feel KJH's pain when

- he was thinking CSH might have to go to meet ex-husband, KJH tried to convince himself when he thought about CSH's telling she loves KJH

- while his pop-up cinephotograph when Ex-husband challenged KJH what KJH would see soon from ex-husband's doing.

"Worry, Anxiety, and Jealousy can visit anyone in love from time to time no matter how much such person believe in his/her love."

esp. KJH who used to hurt from external factors and experienced requesting to take a break from relationship.

PBG-jealous1.jpg

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dianss23 said:

If ever they will break up for a short time i wished there is a passionate make out session showing how they miss and love each other so much.., me trying to think about happy eps after this sad ep...:wub:

they will bet again and miss each other again then, you know what will happen next...our most anticipated moment:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

thanks to the live recappers..! you guys are amazing...!

i dont know if i want to watch this now or pass till i have a happy ending tomorrow... or at least hope to have a happy ending tomorrow. 

what hurts me for CSH here is that... mothers are just all a pain... her's almost sell her for personal gain, her ex MIL treats her like good for nothing, and now JH mom whom she thinks would accept her and be happy for her, now thinks she's a hindrance! and that really HURTS! :tears:

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

12 minutes ago, Glycie Manongsong said:

they will bet again and miss each other again then, you know what will happen next...our most anticipated moment:joy:

yeah i really want to see more sweet passionate moments:P kidding aside the couch scene is so well acted, even i was just watching it livestream i was crying with them, SHK and PBG deserve an award from this... i love them

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thistle said:

Exactly!  And we're supposed to get upset about what we are seeing because that is what keeps us watching dramas.  It's good old fashioned catharsis.  Aristotle figured it out more than two thousand years ago, and it still works!

Aahhh your words put me back to my sense.. 

Serious challenges and crisis are expected to be seen in ep. 13 and 14..

We shall hope tomorrow we will see a solution for the OTP

@jl08 What i meant earlier on my previous post about character development for Soo Hyun is that, we all knew she grew up in such strict environment, toxic mother, abusive ex MIL, and good for nothing ex husband, that made her so reserved.

And this is where JH comes to her life, to let her and teach her to speak her mind. While JH character has been progressing from happy-go-lucky boy into more mature and adapt well with any hard situation towards him, So Hyun character seems to keep hestitate, we've seen this in ep 3, ep 5, ep 9, and this episode. Her insecurity about being divorcee is absolutely natural, but it will be more refreshing if (the writer decided) she talked about it with her boyfriend before JH keep asking why she always try to avoid to talk about their future.  He's the one who kneel in front of her, wishing to spend everyday in his life with her, but instead she keep changing subject, again we've seen this a lot from her (ep 3, 5 9,13)

So i was just hoping writer-nim makes us seen Soo Hyun's bright and bold personality as we were told it was the way she used to be. I was hoping she could be a bit open in dealing with her own insecurities. If she decided to open up to her boyfriend about things that concern her, including her failed (arranged) marriage, it will be absolutely twist to the usual KDrama plot. -- which finally she did after JH persistently asking her--

I love Soo Hyun so much, our badass girlboss, that i feel sad, that in this episode she still hestitate to speak her heart and her mind to her boyfriend. 

But as @thistle said earlier, which put me back to my sense, this is probably the biggest crisis in their relationship, and we're supposed to get upset, the good old fashion chatarsis, that keeps us watching.. :D

I still have faith in the writer, that she will not let us down. Hope for JH stubborness, SH Appa to give his blessing, Mr. Nam to keep being guardian angel for this two, Mrs. Lee to be her spiritual teacher and mother figure.

So if writer-nim decided to make So Hyun the way she is now, even if she keep hestitate or if she try to push JH out of her life, everyone who loves her, not only Jin Hyuk will persistently stood by her, with her, not leaving her side.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

CSH's tears is gut wrenching and I'm suffering from twice the heart break because this is how I watch....

I watch on my laptop and play it on the TV with low volume about 30 seconds later. This way I can look up at the TV in case I missed anything on my laptop. 

n8UjsSPtukpPc8Uc0bB7cSWuvxrljFXaxlqY8snx

33 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

but I still feel the need to speak up for the one mother who truly loves her children in this drama.

I get where you're coming from but.....what kind of love is this I wonder? 

I would say it's selfish love...she thinks she knows best what's good for her son and what's not good...the child will grow up and have his own family. You can't do that to him and say she truly loves her kids for me.......

How can she truly love her son when she takes matters into her own hands and set out to destroy his happiness...

That's my opinion. 

I feel that the mothers don't have to be bad all the time to be classified as bad. All it takes is a super deep cut for the scar to remain and that's what JH's mum is doing to both her son and SH. She didn't even bother to get to know SH better. If she really loves her son, she'll make the effort to find out what kind of woman really is CSH, wouldn't she.......not try to get rid of the woman her son loves so deeply behind his back.

If you really love your son, wouldn't you want him to be happy? CSH is the woman her son chose and he's happy. And I have come across a real case where the son cut off ties with his mum because she disapproved of his woman. It's scary.

Darn. Those tears won't stop at the emotional conversation between CSH and KJH and his mum and SH.....it just keeps flowing.

P/S: I guess his mum will come around and accept SH at the end of the day when she sees how much her son loves SH. She'll be applauded only then.

Tonight's episode is just too much angst all at the same time. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Aahhh your words put me back to my sense.. 

Serious challenges and crisis are expected to be seen in ep. 13 and 14..

We shall hope tomorrow we will see a solution for the OTP

Hugs to you!  To be really honest, I also have to remind myself of Catharsis every time I reach this point in a drama that I really love. 

I won't watch today's episode; I'll wait until at least episode 14 airs, too, because I need the good feelings from the solution to be at hand before I plow through the swamps of distress. ;)  This is why I adore spoilers and re-caps:  it's like a warning siren for oncoming drama-drama.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6