[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Ok, I have the following hopes for tomorrow's episode.

• There must be at least a one year time jump
  • We must see a scene where CSH & KJH met as children
  • We must find out that somehow CSH & KJH are fated to be together for eternity
  • Either CSH or KJH must sacrificially give up on the relationship so that the other will be able to survive
  • One or the other of our OTP will turn out to be a cyborg, android, spy or have magical abilities of some sort

The reason I hope we see these things is that they are plot devices that are either never or rarely used in KDramas.

:naughty: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

English Subbed Part 1 of the Making

@dukesa1122, @rosiepeonie188: Chinese fans in weibo compiled in the video I posted all the imges presented at the start of each episode. That could be  a good material for analysis...as it points to the series of events that led to and deepened the Encounter of our JinSoo Couple and it could explain why the drama was entitled NamjaChingu.

@ahdrianaa: Sorry, I didn't quite get what you were referring to when you tagged me about SHK and the word "alone":sweatingbullets:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@ahdrianaa Well, my problem with CSH's mother is that she is not admitting any wrongdoing, while the father has...

I totally agree with you on SH’s mum. For me, the most annoying character in this series is SH’s mum.

She is a very immature, whiny, vain, spoilt brat of a woman. She whined, threw temper tantrums when things didn’t go her way. When nobody gave in to her wants, she issued threats and threw insults. SH and her dad should be given a Nobel peace award for enduring her antics for so many years. 

It was so painful to watch that scene when SH’s mum scolded SH for being selfish and told her off for destroying her dad’s political career. What a laughable attempt to cover up her covetous need for fame and power. As if she truly cared for her husband’s career or well being. She was clearly livid that SH was in her way of getting fame and power. 

Her punishment came when WS’s mum humiliated and insulted her when she kneeled down before her.

She will definitely throw a fit and break down when her husband announce in public his refusal to run for office.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, larrysouth said:

Ok, I have the following hopes for tomorrow's episode.

• There must be at least a one year time jump
  • We must see a scene where CSH & KJH met as children
  • We must find out that somehow CSH & KJH are fated to be together for eternity
  • Either CSH or KJH must sacrificially give up on the relationship so that the other will be able to survive
  • One or the other of our OTP will turn out to be a cyborg, android, spy or have magical abilities of some sort

The reason I hope we see these things is that they are plot devices that are either never or rarely used in KDramas.

:naughty: 

Excuse me but you forgot to ask for the White Truck of Doom to be seen heading right toward WS.

• LOL 10
  • Thanks 1

20 hours before Encounter ep.13 is coming.

I am rerunning and found some observations which I missed on my first watching.

- KJH might think from the age logic so he mentioned he will be by CSH's side untill the day CSH takes her last breath. KJH thought he might die later than CSH. 

KJH's eyes expressed his love with whole heart. CSH loved with appreciation to what KJH did to make her feel secure. 

PBG-CSH-to-die.jpg

-  When KJH's dad mentioned inviting CSH, the reaction of KJH's, KJH's little brother's, and  KJH's mom were interesting to further watch in Ep.13 what will happen in KJH's home when CSH joined their dinner with Teacher Lee. 
PBG-dad-ask-CSH.jpg

- KJH's facial expression when he invited CSH and CSH's gesture when she was invited and reminded about CSH's conversation with KJH's dad that she asked KJH's dad to keep on watching KJH&CSH. CSH is anxious but she accepted that invitation in order to let KJH's dad watch them as she asked him to.

KJH told her that he was nervous while CSH was also very nervous. 

PBG-invite-CSH.jpg

• Like 17

I think that there is another reason why JH's mother will feel uncomfortable with CSH. She has never seen JH close to any other woman, so in her eyes, JH is still a young son. The way she keeps praising JH is really telling: he is her favourite son because he still acts like a young boy around her. When the mother saw the shoes, she thought, these were for herself, although JM kind of insinuated that they could belong to another woman. So for her, it will be more difficult to "cut ties" with JH. In my opinion, the age and the social status might be just excuses for rejecting CSH, as it is difficult for her to let her son go.  

I hope, it is understandable what I am saying. I always felt that JH was too close to his mother for his age. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

That 50 shades of Jin Hyuk is really something! :tounge_xd:

I thought so too, chingu.

Perhaps Hollywood might want to invite our #JinSoo couple to do a movie on "Boyfriend".

Bet PBG and SHK will knock them over with their superb chemistry and show them how to make the viewers flush red-hot. More likely 60 shades by then.....  :D

Both of them are definitely slaying their roles in this drama.

#CUBANBALCONYKISS

#SEASON2BOYFRIEND

• LOL 22

is SH's father planning to drag the chairwoman down? i feel he figures whatever dirt the chairwoman has on him (maybe she killed the reporter friend ) will bring him down so he is going to preemptively get to her first? I feel the best he can do "as a dad" is put taeyong group down, at least get chairwoman off to jail.

I know its a bit negative but i think jailtime is pretty much the only thing preventing chairwoman from a happy ending. Even if SH gives up the hotel business i doubt chairwoman's gonna let her go 

• Like 15

11 hours ago, khxy said:

Another sighting- Shk was seen shooting outside a hospital.

I just read this part.

why is she filming in a hospital ?? :unsure:

@jl08

omg chingu! Who made that :joy: I dont know if I’ll laugh at the 50 shades of gray parody or be insulted. 

Spoiler

Aigoooo not our kyo :sweat_smile:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm super late to the party, but I wanted to list my wishes for the upcoming episodes.  They're in order starting from maximum nonsense to least:

1) WooSeok to complete his take over of Donghwa and then donate all his shares too SooHyun so she becomes majority stakeholder by a landslide, for him to submit all the evidence of his mother's crimes(?) to the police, get her arrested and removed as chairwoman, and then for him to go live in the countryside as monk. 

2) SooHyun's dad give up the election, but then his party members support his nomination anyway.  Then once he wins the election, he divorces his wife so she never gets the chance to enter the Blue House. 

3) Secretary Jang to become CEO of Chan's Whelks and open franchises all over South Korea

4) SooHyun to play cupid and tell SunJoo about Manager Nam's :heart:

5) SooHyun to open an art gallery in the HongJae neighborhood, with JinHyuk as her PR manager.

edit:

I also want a special episode where they tell the artists of the paintings!  I'm not a very good internet sherlock so I haven't been able to find any of the pieces, but some of them I think I'd want to buy lol.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1