[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

The keyword of this drama is "courage". SH and JH fought together for their happiness since episode 2.

3 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

This week, I would like to see:

- KJH eating with his future father-in-law

- JWS's mad eyes again because she chose JH over his family

- Lee's betrayal discovered

- Nam and KSJ getting closer because CSH is helping her friend

And you?

As well as yours wishes i would like also to see SH's mother get punished in some way!!B)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, shyguitar said:

This is a longer preview. Can anyone please translate please please please

@shyguitar I am looking forward to see translation too.

46 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

Previews are always misleading.  What we thought a serious and hearbreaking scene turns to be not that serious.

@roshzannaFrom the experience from ep.2-ep.14, preview is pretty misleading. 

37 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

And you?

@bebebisous33

I wanna watch 

- KJH&CSH has a meal with CSH's dad amd Mr. Nam too.

Plus

- KJH and CSH's lovey dovey 

- Get Together among KJH&CSH, Mr.Nam&Director Kim, HI&KJH's little brother

- KJH worked uttermost for PR Team in Donghwa Hotel with recognition.

- CSH has been recognized for what she has done for Donghwa Hotel by the Press. 

- No scene of Ex-husband, Ex-husband's mom, CSH's mom, Director Choi.

( Encounter have just had another 4 episodes, I don't wanna see this group of people. Let show all scenes with KJH&CSH. )

====================================

By the way, when I re-watched Encounter, I found out as several people in this forum mentioned that we can not avoid staring KJH's&CSH's couple rings.

PBG-Ring-collection.jpg

Another notice from my reruning, I heard that some family members or some relatives or colleagues or friends sometimes arrange blind date for a single man/woman who is in the age of nearly marriage but still single. 

I thought that CSH might think about such scenario when she said about blind date half jokingly with KJH. 

Could I count this as a CSH's jealousy as audiences have watched KJH's jealousy already? 

PBG-CSH-jealous.jpg

• Like 16
  • LOL 2

me: - KJH eating with his future father-in-law

@jl08SH's mother get punished in some way!!

@NongpeeP - KJH and CSH's lovey dovey 

- Get Together among KJH&CSH, Mr.Nam&Director Kim, HI&KJH's little brother

- KJH worked uttermost for PR Team in Donghwa Hotel with recognition.

- CSH has been recognized for what she has done for Donghwa Hotel by the Press. 

- No scene of Ex-husband, Ex-husband's mom, CSH's mom, Director Choi.

Sure another beautiful lovey dovey scene between CSH-JH is a given... When I mentioned the ex-husband, I actually want him to feel pain because so far, he doesn't know what pain is, since he has no clue about love. His interest for CSH is more about his pride and his "love" is more an illusion, even an obsession.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

On 1/10/2019 at 6:00 PM, stroppyse said:

Wow, WS has some nerve on him. He's using the fact that the Cuba hotel had gone into crisis, and then been resolved by a new employee rather than by SH herself as reasons why the hotel is actually too much for SH to handle alone. And, he knows that it's his mother's plotting that put the Cuba hotel into crisis in the first place. That is just low, low, low.

Until now, I've been defending WS as being mislead, but redeemable. I guess he's really his mother's son after all. Willing to do anything, no matter how reprehensible, if he can get what he wants. This isn't love any more. This is obsession that doesn't respect any boundaries.

You are right, chingu. I also saw something a little bit interesting in his character at the beginning, but he is turning not only evil but boring. The writer should have thought it better. I mean... let's be realistic: a guy like him, those looks and money and power... will he be so obsessed as to become practically a stalker?? 

He should have friends (even if it is fake money friends), and other women trying to capture him, and he should go to the gym, and have a life on his own... 

Sadly, writer-nim is turning him into a typical second lead with no personality and no work except annoy our OTP, and no life and no deep motives, except being selfish and whiny and evil. That is: a very cartoonish character... boring. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, emmafaye said:

You are right, chingu. I also saw something a little bit interesting in his character at the beginning, but he is turning not only evil but boring. The writer should have thought it better. I mean... let's be realistic: a guy like him, those looks and money and power... will he be so obsessed as to become practically a stalker?? 

He should have friends (even if it is fake money friends), and other women trying to capture him, and he should go to the gym, and have a life on his own... 

Sadly, writer-nim is turning him into a typical second lead with no personality and no work except annoy our OTP, and no life and no deep motives, except being selfish and whiny and evil. That is: a very cartoonish character... boring. 

I wouldn't say boring and typical second lead because so far, he had managed to incite pity and some viewers were defending his actions. His stalking became more obvious in the episodes from last week. From my point of view, the writer managed to avoid any typical cliche: JWS never tried to tarnish JH's reputation and even attempted to help CSH for a while. A typical second lead would have schemed much earlier against his rival but JWS never did. In that aspect, he is honest. Furthermore, he "declared" war openly in front of JH. So his pursuing of CSH was not hidden from JH. To conclude, in his mind, he is competing with no foul play which contrasts with his mother. Strangely, from early on, I never really liked him but as you can see, here I am defending him a litte. I did find something good in JWS after all. 

JWS needs to cut ties with his mother but for that, he needs to be more brave and courageous than CSH. CSH has a good father by her side. JWS has only his mother... Besides, leaving everything behind for him represents a bigger step and commitment than CSH's decision. JWS has never lived outside his chaebol world, CSH has a different past.  He needs to discover what fun is!! He doesn't know anything about cheerfulness and playfulness.

@NongpeeP Surprised by this comment... me, who has always described JWS in a negative way LOL

• Like 13
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

And you?

@jl08

@NongpeeP

- I would like to see Choi and the PR guy fired or sued for instigating the Cuba fiasco. 

- Knock monster-in law down from her high horse. A counter lawsuit would be a good start. Up till now SH still hasn't hired or meet up with a reputable lawyer. (A perfect excuse for a star cameo)

- Last but not the least, expose WS true colors so the board of directors would kick him out. It irked me when he used the fact that a new hire was the one who solved the Cuba Hotel problem. Making it SH's inefficiency as CEO when he already had the video as proof that it's his mother's underlings doing. I would be more than happy if it's the uncle who would show WS the way out. 

By the way I know it's quite trivial but I seemed to notice that during the first few episodes CSH's earrings seem to look like some kind of a chain. I can't remember if anyone had mentioned this before. But now in episode 12 ending when she showed up at JH's home it seems to be star shaped. Not entirely sure if I saw correctly, but it feels like even the earrings seem to convey SH's personal feelings. Am I over thinking it? :-)

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Regarding CSH letting go of the hotel.. We have different opinions on this. Others say it’s best she gives it up to start anew and be totally free from TG group, while others disagree bec she deserves it and it’s that one thing that kept her life going for the past years. And now that she has KJH, and things are out of hand and messy, is it right to give up? Fight for it or let it go? Seeing CSH in her element when she works is just awesome. She’s so meticulous and dedicated. It has been her passion to build and expand it.  Personally, as a doctor, for me having to deal with giving up your profession/title means losing a part of yourself. I just really hope she doesn’t give up on it. Or if she does, I hope she gets to do what she wants to do. Im hoping for the best ending.. haaayyyy 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

35 minutes ago, emmafaye said:

I think it's all because of the reasons you mentioned that's what made him act like such a loser. Looks, Money and Power. Anyone would just be content and happy to be either rich or good-looking. WS has everything, so imagine how big his ego would be. He had a paid a young lovely woman just to act as his fake girlfriend for several years. I'm sure a lot of women are interested in him. But he knows his mom. No one would be good enough. And friends? I'm sure he has plenty of acquaintance but no real friends. So I could imagine that for someone who's used to women fawning over him, he couldn't believe or accept that SH was not susceptible to his charms. And now seeing her with someone, who for him, is just an ordinary guy. His pride and ego couldn't accept this reality. He is in serious denial. Worse, I don't think he was ever in love with her in the first place. He is his mother's son after all. Unfortunately, I don't find him boring. I find him creepy with his persistence in insisting that he's trying to protect her and the hotel. He's giving me scary vibes where it not this drama labeled as melodrama and not psycho thriller, I swear I could imagine him pointing a gun at her and still swearing he wants to protect her. He needs help seriously. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, htk9207 said:

I think it's all because of the reasons you mentioned that's what made him act like such a loser. Looks, Money and Power. Anyone would just be content and happy to be either rich or good-looking. WS has everything, so imagine how big his ego would be. He had a paid a young lovely woman just to act as his fake girlfriend for several years. I'm sure a lot of women are interested in him. But he knows his mom. No one would be good enough. And friends? I'm sure he has plenty of acquaintance but no real friends. So I could imagine that for someone who's used to women fawning over him, he couldn't believe or accept that SH was not susceptible to his charms. And now seeing her with someone, who for him, is just an ordinary guy. His pride and ego couldn't accept this reality. He is in serious denial. Worse, I don't think he was ever in love with her in the first place. He is his mother's son after all. Unfortunately, I don't find him boring. I find him creepy with his persistence in insisting that he's trying to protect her and the hotel. He's giving me scary vibes where it not this drama labeled as melodrama and not psycho thriller, I swear I could imagine him pointing a gun at her and still swearing he wants to protect her. He needs help seriously. 

Thanks for your answer. Yes, he also gave me creeps, mostly in ep. 11... like he would definitively try to kill somebody (JH actually). 

He is very upsetting! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2019 at 2:43 PM, bebebisous33 said:

I loved your analogy. admire onion headGreat analysis.good job onion head

I have been thinking about this: JWS even said that he had no idea how to manage Donghwa hotel, this would be new for him. So once CSH decides to quit as CEO with no regret, JWS will become the new CEO of Donghwa hotel and has no idea how to do it. It would be great if the D. hotel faces another crisis because JWS made the wrong decision: building a pool instead of keeping the garden in Cuba... JWS is definitely someone who has no idea about treasuring something, love of the past... he would expect that a grand hotel has a swimming pool. 

Thank you.  That means a lot coming from our chief analyzer. 

@htk9207  .... I'm sure a lot of women are interested in him. But he knows his mom. No one would be good enough. And friends? I'm sure he has plenty of acquaintance but no real friends. So I could imagine that for someone who's used to women fawning over him, he couldn't believe or accept that SH was not susceptible to his charms. And now seeing her with someone, who for him, is just an ordinary guy. His pride and ego couldn't accept this reality. He is in serious denial. Worse, I don't think he was ever in love with her in the first place. He is his mother's son after all. Unfortunately, I don't find him boring. I find him creepy with his persistence in insisting that he's trying to protect her and the hotel. He's giving me scary vibes where it not this drama labeled as melodrama and not psycho thriller, I swear I could imagine him pointing a gun at her and still swearing he wants to protect her. He needs help seriously. 

I apologize for cutting your post short.  I agree with you except for one point.

I think he does love her in the only way he knows how.  However, he made the choice to set her free, he should stand by his decision and let her be free.  His problem is that he cannot accept that she, as a successful woman, would fall in love with someone he is considers common and beneath them socially.  Therefore, she must have "lost her mind" and needs him to guide her back to the right path.  JWS is arrogant and lonely man.  What he should do is find a "commoner" that knows how to live to make him smile and teach him to love.  Whereas CSH needed love and attention to give her courage, JWS needs to find love so that he can have a discover his heart. 

I have one thing to say that has been gnawing at me, I know that this drama is speaking to the issue and I am happy.  It galls me to no end that a man can have a much younger woman; however, if a woman falls for a much younger  man, then something must be wrong with her and somehow he has bewitched her.   Part of JWS and many members of the Board's problem is that not only is the person she loves not on her "level" socially; but he is younger.  I bet is she showed attention to some of those old men, they would be falling all over themselves to be apart of her life, if you get my drift. :lol:

• Like 16

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

This week, I would like to see:.....

I'd like just a few minutes with our meant-to-be side couples:

• Moon Snail guy and the secretary admitting that they really are a couple.
  • JH"s little brother MH healing HI's broken heart.

3 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

.....I’d kill anyone getting my title as a nurse.....

Sorry I know what you meant but I had to laugh.  :lol:  Nurses aren't supposed to kill people.  ;)

By the way, I think nursing is an amazing profession that requires a special sort of compassion.  I surely couldn't do it, and I'm grateful for those who can.  :)

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

BTS ep 11-12 is out!! Cute moments.. they're having fun despite cold weather

Spoiler

I put it under spoiler tag, since i know bts might kill the imagination.. 

Spoiler

I loveeee how PBG shows his rings to Jang Seung Jo (JWS), and somehow he looks bit jealous :D

Spoiler

JwLujFA.jpg

If you want to watch the BTS please check TvN Drama YT channel, and give likes and comment.. let's support them 

• Like 12
  • LOL 8
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, thistle said:

Sorry I know what you meant but I had to laugh.  :lol:  Nurses aren't supposed to kill people.  ;)

By the way, I think nursing is an amazing profession that requires a special sort of compassion.  I surely couldn't do it, and I'm grateful for those who can.  :)

Spoiler

I am licensed to kill .... 007 B) say what?

hahaha Yes. It requires alot of patience and caring... Which I still try so hard to be good at lol

————————————

I wanna thank whoever posted that bts video :heart: It shows they’re happy on set! 

Spoiler

Especially since Kyo was under fire after Episode 10. Aigoooo. It certainly lifted up my mood.

——————————————

Ex MIL and minions

What I find lacking in this drama is the absence of action from the detractors. The clause that was threatened against CSH was mentioned on Epi 3. The ex MIL knows she’s still going out with KJH and she didnt even do anything. She also didnt do anything when CSH announced the some relationship. Maybe the ex MIL are all threats and no actions? I would have loved a legal battle between them. I would have loved to see how CSH’s party can kick richard simmons.

Woo-suck

and his mom can burn in hell for all I care. I fell for that droopy eyes but I just cant undersrand his actions. Why does he think that being a Co-CEO would bring CSH back to him when he knows how important the hotel is for her. And 12 episodes in and he still cant srand up to his evil of a mother. He could have done something when he knew his mother’s intentions to CSH on his fathers death anniversary?! Nado molla! 

KJH’s mom

Thinking about KJH’s mom, I think it will be realistice if they allow 1 episode for her to “accept” it. IMO, it would be more realistic. After all, she is the traditional mother. Looking at her character, one can easily tell that tradition and values are foremost to her (ie. the scene whene they we all watching TV and the scandal came out, she said women should stay at home and raise kids). I wouldn’t blame or expect KJH’s mom to accept or agree to the relationship right away since divorcees and age difference are still a taboo in Korea. However, I want her to give CSH a chance. 

CSH’s parents

I would love to see a scene where his father will finally announce he’s not running. And then ask for a divorce from his wife. Because seriously, what kind of a mother is that?!

CSH

Although we all want a happy ending from her and kjh. I am waiting for a scene when she confides to KJH about her problems and sadness and worries and finally releases all those pent up emotions she’s been holding in so much. I know KJH can read her like the back of his hand but it is better if KJH wont have to do that all the time. After all, who can she tell all those to but him. Bottled up and ice queen CSH is sexy but I want that ice to finally break. Fire is what she needed and she can get it from KJH.

Spoiler

Kind of how Oh Young (SHK) broke and cried her heart out in TWTWB when she asked if he can trust him as her brother. I think she won the Daesang because of that scene.

...... Im blabbering again. So those are the ending that I want.

• Like 12
  • LOL 6

This week, what i want to see....

1. Jh doing that " there are million things i want to do with you" to Sh.

2. If Ws's stalking becomes frightening, Jh moves to Sh's place and safeguard her 24/7. Besides, Jh is always hinting that Sh's house is lonely and moving to Jh's is impossible for many reasons.

3. Payback time for all who did wrong.

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

Omg @rosiepeonie188!!! Thank you thank youu!! :heart: I needed that happy pill BTS. 

16 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

This week, what i want to see....

1. Jh doing that " there are million things i want to do with you" to Sh.

2. If Ws's stalking becomes frightening, Jh moves to Sh's place and safeguard her 24/7. Besides, Jh is always hinting that Sh's house is lonely and moving to Jh's is impossible for many reasons.

You painted a pervy, i mean pretty picture there :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5