[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

52 minutes ago, winter spring summer said:

Maybe this was already mentioned here but I think I must have scrolled past it while I was backreading so I'll just ask, does anyone know what song Jinhyuk was listening to when he was wearing earphones at the bus stop? 

Can’t remember who actually mentioned but it’s One Leads to Another by Robbie Nevil.  I thinks she’s a Spanish artist. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, dcartajenas said:

Hi everyone! Been a lurker in Soompi for the longest time. ENCOUNTER made me logged in and post a comment for the first time.

Just wanna ask... the intro of ENCOUNTER before episode 1 started was CHS Walking in a garden with paintings displayed in the walkways. I happened to observed it after rewatching episode 1 for the nth time that she stopped by a certain painting and gazed at it, then episode 1 starts... Does anyone noticed it also?

It is the painting that she has in her living room later: a castle with Pegasus (flying horse). The painting is used as an inspiration of the first drawing.Encounter drawing episode 1 introduction.png 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Was The very first  preview of the drama a spoiler? We haven’t seen them wearing these outfits right? :huh:

887166-FB-BDFE-44-E5-A20-A-FB29-FC56-D86

His shirt is pink, not white like their first meeting and she is wearing something like the long jacket she wore at the airport (episode 12) but she is wearing a dress underneath instead of the jeans that she wore at the airport. 

2-DE5-B21-C-B20-A-48-FC-ABFB-F6769-C5-CB

The scenes of JH are all shot in the day, full of laughter and people AND his hair is long, how it was when we first see JH in the drama. But it can’t be the old JH because they never met after that night. Then SH is walking all alone at night in Cuba, it’s quiet and not a soul in sight. 

What’s going on? Is it his spirit? did he just move to Cuba and let his hair grow again? 

Or have they both passed away in old age and their spirits have come back to the place where the love began, just like what Old Samuel predicted. 

4146-E456-9380-47-BD-A91-C-0896-F40-A48-

• Like 13
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 2

P.O was a guest on knowing brothers, he spoke about PBG and SHK.

he told PBG during encounter shooting that he was going to appear on KB, PBG told P.O that he was a huge fan of the show and wished that he could also go with P.O. The guests told him that he should have bought PBG along with him.

P.O said he doesn’t have many scenes with SHK, when he shot his first scene with her - he pumped himself to be in a professional state of mind, but the moment he said his line “ isn’t this the person on tv?” SHK turned her head in his direction and gave his a little smile, breaking character P.O also started to smile back at her so that shot had to be scrapped. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 13

33 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Was The very first  preview of the drama a spoiler? We haven’t seen them wearing these outfits right? :huh:

His shirt is pink, not white like their first meeting and she is wearing something like the long jacket she wore at the airport (episode 12) but she is wearing a dress underneath instead of the jeans that she wore at the airport. 

The scenes of JH are all shot in the day, full of laughter and people AND his hair is long, how it was when we first see JH in the drama. But it can’t be the old JH because they never met after that night. Then SH is walking all alone at night in Cuba, it’s quiet and not a soul in sight. 

What’s going on? Is it his spirit? did he just move to Cuba and let his hair grow again? 

Or have they both passed away in old age and their spirits have come back to the place where the love began, just like what Old Samuel predicted. 

It could just be promotional material BUT something is nagging me...

Spoiler

I cannot for the life of me find the picture, but it's in the first few pages of this thread, months before this drama aired. One of the very first leaked screenshot of our JinSoo is a close-up of them sitting side by side, in what seems like a cafe. JH's hair is still long. He's also wearing a different shirt (IIRC) and so does Soo Hyun. What struck me in the photo was it was daytime in that cafe. I hope I'm making sense. LOL

If a kind soul can find the picture and post it under the spoiler tag then that would be great

Anyway, it maybe a deleted scene, orrrrr as someone mentioned ages ago...what if all of these is just CSH's dream? What if she's still sleeping on JH shoulder as the whole drama unfolds. How makjang is that? lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 16

I have doubt that in the upcoming episodes,they will give us any preview..but I hope I'm wrong..what do I do when this drama its over?:tears: as I'm a picky one,it will be a little long for me to follow any ongoing drama in the near time..

I hope in the future,SHKxPBG could work together again,their chemistry is one of the best that I ever seen..

What I really anticipate in epi 13:

1. Ex hubby n ex MIL reaction when they know,SH is not the one that coming to see them

2. JH fams reaction when they have dinner with SH(I'm imagining SH help JH mother clean the dishes n talk from heart to heart in the kitchen :D)

3. SH vs ex MIL+ex hubby showdown

4. Lovely dovey date scene+proper bed scene..hahaha (one can hope)

5. SH dad movements to protect SH

6. SH mom reaction (I bet she will be furious like a mad man)

We r really have long 'journey' together in this thread chingus..from the start we felt anxious with this drama,but when it really start,we fall for it..we made all discussion, analysis, defend all negativity towards this drama..lets see our beautiful couple love story until its complete (if I become the writer,I will complete the final episodes in Cuba again OR when they walk hand in hand again when JH gave SH the ring,I don't know the place :sweatingbullets:)

@stardustvoid if it just a dream like that,there will be a lot of hate comments coming from us to the writer :phew:

For a drama,first n the final episode really r important element,I don't think the writer want to destroy her/his story like that :sweatingbullets:

• Like 19
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

It could just be promotional material BUT something is nagging me...

Reveal hidden contents

I cannot for the life of me find the picture, but it's in the first few pages of this thread, months before this drama aired. One of the very first leaked screenshot of our JinSoo is a close-up of them sitting side by side, in what seems like a cafe. JH's hair is still long. He's also wearing a different shirt (IIRC) and so does Soo Hyun. What struck me in the photo was it was daytime in that cafe. I hope I'm making sense. LOL

If a kind soul can find the picture and post it under the spoiler tag then that would be great

Anyway, it maybe a deleted scene, orrrrr as someone mentioned ages ago...what if all of these is just CSH's dream? What if she's still sleeping on JH shoulder as the whole drama unfolds. How makjang is that? lol

This one right? 

C2-E11-F86-CB1-D-407-D-94-CC-9360-CC1-EC

I actually thought about the dream scenario too, maybe she just imagined this whole love story with JH because she saw him as someone noble and pure after he refused the money. 

Maybe she wakes up the next day and actually meets him the real JH which is why we have all these shots with long hair!! They can’t all be promotional. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 15

Oh I don't think it's a dream sequence too but the thought did cross my mind. Relax, chingus :)

Wait, about the booking the room bit, did she book one for Cuba? I wonder if it's just a random PPL or something that will have weight to the story

@Far^away I'll help you smash the screen too if it happens :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

1 hour ago, msbae81 said:

Can’t remember who actually mentioned but it’s One Leads to Another by Robbie Nevil.  I thinks she’s a Spanish artist. 

Thank you so much. I've been downloading all the songs used in this drama, even if it's not included in the official soundtrack. :)

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Wait, about the booking the room bit, did she book one for Cuba? I wonder if it's just a random PPL or something that will have weight to the story

It was for Donghwa hotel..PPL def.. but since they were talking about white day.. maybe there could be something.. but why would CSH need a hotel room in her own hotel:D

Have been catching up on the last few pages and am awed by your theories on ending. Thank you guys.. you rock

Love the one on them growing old together. Have so much to say on this as I think this is what will happen as well and this will pbly be a story that most Pbly JH is narrating 

And i think the animations in each episode could well be the pages of this book that captures his story or the paintings that captures his story( maybe made by CSH .low possibility but som can hope).. another reason for this to be a narration is how in ep 10 ending.. they thanked Samuel aboji n the security guard as if it was written in a story book..

Have more to add but busy weekend.. wil hopefully pen them tomorrow

Edited by nikir
  • Like 10
  • LOL 3

Sad to say, I’m preparing myself for a sad ending :dissapointed_relieved:   After rerunning ep 1, I just got hit with a parallelism with the Cuba garden and Hongjaedong playground that KJH is going to die and CSH will buy the playground that will remind her of him :bawling:

@ahdrianna Im starting to think that those stills are CSH imaginations, reminiscing her moments with KJH. 

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer..

I just hope im like sec Jang whose intuitions are always wrong.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

It is the painting that she has in her living room later: a castle with Pegasus (flying horse). The painting is used as an inspiration of the first drawing. 

@bebebisous33 Yup. Thanks....Thanks also for your detailed explanations and illustrations... Enjoyed reading them. They made me love the drama more... 

Very grateful also to all of you guys in this forum for the live recaps, breathtaking pictures and in depth discussions every episode. 

I’m an SHK fan and one of those who raise their eyebrows because of her odd pairing with PBG but after the first episode I’m hooked already...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I feel like  There will be summer in the love story of our JinSoo and it will be in Cuba. With spring just few days away, as flowers bloom, their love will be in full bloom. And then summer comes...the best time to be in cuba.

I remember photos of them posted before where Sh is wearing shorts and rubber shoes. That is suited for summer. 

Many hours has passed from last episode but still i feel like  having a hangover or jetlag that will not disappear. With only 4 episodes left, what shall we do after?

So much love and praises for Shk/Csh and Pbg/Kjh.:heart:

• Like 19
  • LOL 2