[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

I'm thinking about how JH's arm fell asleep under SH's head.....I've been posting typing one-handed because my two cats (one weighs 7 lbs, the other 14 lbs) are fast asleep on my left arm and they seem so happy that I do not want to disturb them.  Can"t move my arm at all.  The things we do for love!

• Like 14
  • LOL 9

Baek A Yeon - Always Be With You

Lyric:

Spoiler

Another long day is about to begin
Today is slower than yesterday
As much as I miss you, as much as my feelings for you have grown
This day is going slowly

If I go to you like this, it may seem strange
But my heart is just going to you

Whenever you miss me, tell me
You won’t go on for a moment without me
So you can see me, wherever you are
I’ll be standing right here
Now don’t hesitate

Stay with me
It has to be you

If you say you miss me
I’ll say I love you
So you have no chance to miss me
I’ll stay right next to you like I am now

Now don’t hesitate

Stay with me
It has to be you

After a long time passes
And everything about me fades
If you stay by my side
If you hold my hand
I won’t ever let go

Now don’t hesitate

Stay with me
It has to be you

Credit to the owner

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

I finally watched Ep12 today and boy, what a rollercoaster ride it is! :crazy:

We got a honey dripped 11th and bittersweet 12th! My heart couldn’t take it anymore ottokeeee:tears:

But two things that need clarification. 

1. What incident is the uncle referring  when he talked to JWS? 

2. And what did KJH mean when he said ‘i had to control myself before’? *i’m getting pervert thoughts here*

And thinking along the line, I think they actually went to boom boom town already... In Cuba that is.

There’s few things implied by both of them that made me think that way. But in the end I also think the opposite (where I shared in the brackets)

1. Sleepy KJH at the airport (but he was tired since he came to Cuba before SH and didn’t get a good night sleep. SH seemed fresh anyway)

2. KJH naughty eyebrow and lip biting at basement (or he just want to have some kind of skinship since they already kissed lots and lots)

3. Their natural skinship without any reservation or awkwardness or even shyness. (But she seemed to have a knack of breaking romantic mood, according to him. Lol. Poor boy)

4. When SH told JH to go since it’s harder to sleep when he’s around. (Or his presence just make her fluttered?)

5. SH wasn’t even shy or awkward lying down together on the bed. (But she did say she can’t sleep because he was bothering her and he confirmed he was being a gentlemen. 

6. She naturally pushed him off, without being red faced (but maybe she also pushed him before. Lol poor boy)

7. JH said don’t get excited and she was incredulous by his words (maybe she was shy?)

Pervert thought aside, I personally think physical intimacy is an important aspect in ones love life. Of course, some couple doesn’t get intimate before getting married but putting things into perspective and how South Koreans are living right now... it’s not something bad altogether. Just that if the two are confortable to go ahead, they would. And who am I to go into their blanket B)

what satisfied me the most was how SH choose JH even though she might lose everything. 

I hope JWS realised that by now, because damn. I’ll be the happiest person to wipe that damn smirk on his face when it is announced that SH car has arrived. 

• Like 22

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

If you have the acumen and access to Korean SNS and sites, searches about the drama would help even on non- airing days to increase buzz for Boyfriend.

If anyone can suggest on how to go about it, it would be much appreciated!

I camp both in Naver and Soompi.:D

when I saw any article trending on Naver I just wanna give 10000 likes . give many many the upvotes at their comments too.. :D

this is another article tranding in Naver, number one when I saw from my laptop now.. "There's only one Kim Jin Hyuk in this world"

link https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=396&aid=0000500494

• Like 17

42 minutes ago, thistle said:

If I recall properly, JH said during the bed scene that he had held back before.  I took that to mean that they did not have sex in Cuba.  But it seems fair to assume that they could have gotten closer in other ways.  Certainly they were comfortable about being very physical together in public in Cuba and seemed very lovey-dovey, so surely something happened......just not a full journey to boomboomtown.

33 minutes ago, nikir said:

.....I think this is a translation mismatch.. I listened to the dialogue and it was more in response to the tea..he said he already had tea in his house!! 

10 minutes ago, Far^away said:

2. And what did KJH mean when he said ‘i had to control myself before’? *i’m getting pervert thoughts here*

I just don't know given what @nikir said about translation.....but I still like what I thought earlier even if it is a little pervy.  ;)

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Plot twist :

JWS is actually protecting CSH AND KJH by joining the company. There is still unanswered question why loyal directors to CSH give the Co-CEO idea a pass. Does JWS plan to give the hotel back to CSH without a full blown court case? He bought Director Choi's stocks. The only director known to support his mother. He can do whatever he wants with them, including giving it back to CSH. My guess is that JWS gave up awhile ago, looking at the couple's sincerity and plotting a way to settle the war once and for all.

JWS is actually holding all the important cards : video of the conspiracy to bring down CSH through the Cuba deal, Choi's stock. And the uncle, he's very suspicious. He didn't say a word on the Board Meeting.

Just my 2 cents :blush:

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, boredahjumma said:

Plot twist :

JWS is actually protecting CSH AND KJH by joining the company. There is still unanswered question why loyal directors to CSH give the Co-CEO idea a pass. Does JWS plan to give the hotel back to CSH without a full blown court case? He bought Director Choi's stocks. The only director known to support his mother. He can do whatever he wants with them, including giving it back to CSH. My guess is that JWS gave up awhile ago, looking at the couple's sincerity and plotting a way to settle the war once and for all.

JWS is actually holding all the important cards : video of the conspiracy to bring down CSH through the Cuba deal, Choi's stock. And the uncle, he's very suspicious. He didn't say a word on the Board Meeting.

That actually entered my mind. Since this drama reverses all the tropes, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Moreover, I predict that JWS will leave Taegyeong toward the end of the drama and live his own life, something he told his Mother in an early episode.

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

JWS is actually protecting CSH AND KJH by joining the company.

I think JWS did it to protect CSH..he still doesnt know how much they love each other..so once he realizes that no matter what, CSH will be with JH, he will give the hotel to her.. 

Also, whenever JWS meets JH, he is polite, he even praised him on the cuba deal..he did taunt him but it was not that rude..he even asks him if he ate when they meet..I heard that in Korea asking " Did you eat" is a way of greeting similar to "how are you"..so there is still some hope in him!! 

But then him being totally silent to his mother when she talks about destroying CSH..grrrr..he really needs to grow a spine to talk to his mother!! 

1 hour ago, thistle said:

I just don't know given what @nikir said about translation.....but I still like what I thought earlier even if it is a little pervy.  ;)

:D:D  I also the liked the translation..but I listened to it again and he says " I drank tea in my home.you really want me to drink tea and leave" ..the korean experts in here can clarify

Also, i think given the dialogues that has been in this drama..I dont think they would use that dialogue..even if we want them to :w00t:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

That actually entered my mind. Since this drama reverses all the tropes, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Moreover, I predict that JWS will leave Taegyeong toward the end of the drama and live his own life, something he told his Mother in an early episode.

High Five :) 

I also think JWS will stand on his own and leave TaeGyeong. 4 years too late... 

• Like 8

A salute to that ending...! Both PBG and SHK are just amazing on thet ending of epi 12...! I love all their scenes but this one stands out to me...! 

You can feel how happy, relieved, surpriand in love KJH... The way his tears just feel right at the very moment he hugged her,,,! Geezzz that was perfect...! CSH’s tear is just as well perfectly held in her eyes but  the feeling is so intense...!

a preview of happy family eating out together would really be nice...! 

My fear is that

Spoiler

Something will happen to KJH’s mom... or a confrontation of the moms...this might really break KJH totally... hope not..!!!

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, boredahjumma said:

Plot twist :

26 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

17 minutes ago, nikir said:

I think JWS did it to protect CSH..he still doesnt know how much they love each other..so once he realizes that no matter what, CSH will be with JH, he will give the hotel to her.. 

Also, whenever JWS meets JH, he is polite, he even praised him on the cuba deal..he did taunt him but it was not that rude..he even asks him if he ate when they meet..I heard that in Korea asking " Did you eat" is a way of greeting similar to "how are you"..so there is still some hope in him!! 

But then him being totally silent to his mother when she talks about destroying CSH..grrrr..he really needs to grow a spine to talk to his mother!! 

Reading all your comment made me think twice about JWS's real motive.

But seeing his actions, his choice of words, and his reaction to JH and SH relationship, he came to Donghwa for SH and himself. AT least at this point in Ep12. He must have been looking at Donghwa as both his and SH exit from Taegyong grasps, especially when he bought all the shares with his personal funds.

He think he's doing it because he loved SH, it's his way of loving her and protecting her but he also didn't realise he was being a jealous a*rse. And remember his face off with JH at the latter neighbourhood? His jaw ticked when JH left him even though all he can say was 'It's cold!' He was fidgeting when JH didn't emerge after the latter dropped SH at her home. His gaze changes when he saw those who were close to SH are appreciating JH.

He is in a denial, that poor clueless lad.

But I didn't totally deny that maybe, MAYBE at some point (giving him a benefit of doubt) he would come around. I am not aware of the writer past work (whether the villains arc of development turn them into a decent person) but everything is possible in Korean drama right?

Especially when we still got 4 more episode to go. Anything can happen. Pray for the best for our leads.

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, Far^away said:

Reading all your comment made me think twice about JWS's real motive.

But seeing his actions, his choice of words, and his reaction to JH and SH relationship, he came to Donghwa for SH and himself. AT least at this point in Ep12. He must have been looking at Donghwa as both his and SH exit from Taegyong grasps, especially when he bought all the shares with his personal funds.

He think he's doing it because he loved SH, it's his way of loving her and protecting her but he also didn't realise he was being a jealous a*rse. And remember his face off with JH at the latter neighbourhood? His jaw ticked when JH left him even though all he can say was 'It's cold!' He was fidgeting when JH didn't emerge after the latter dropped SH at her home. His gaze changes when he saw those who were close to SH are appreciating JH.

He is in a denial, that poor clueless lad.

But I didn't totally deny that maybe, MAYBE at some point (giving him a benefit of doubt) he would come around. I am not aware of the writer past work (whether the villains arc of development turn them into a decent person) but everything is possible in Korean drama right?

Especially when we still got 4 more episode to go. Anything can happen. Pray for the best for our leads.

Exactly, all is possible in the drama world. I am just praying this drama does not go overly dramatic on us... No terminal disease, no amnesia, no accident... Please... 

• Like 14

E12 is all about the wolf represented by WS and MIL losing their battle with CSH. After giving it a thorough analysis, CSH correctly chooses the best option of staying with KJH by attending KJH family dinner. In the animation, the wolf disappeared after CSH made a turn towards the gate of KJH house. All hopes of WS to claim back CSH disappeared into thin air. It could also mean that MIL's wicked intention to bring down CSH and her father should they attend the death anniversary had backfired. Let's give CSH and KJH a hearty applause.:D

I will not say anything about their bedroom scene because it was a flop for KJH. He should have pushed a little by giving CSH some butterfly and mouth eating kisses and CSH may ultimately give in. That's my crooked assumption. I forgot it is a General Patronage drama series. Hahahaha! :D

• Like 10
  • LOL 10