[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, ahdrianaa said:

the article says that the Cuba kiss caused sleepless nights for the audience members

I sent the YouTube link to a friend and all she kept saying was "woah woah woah..is this kdrama?are you sure?"

Lol once upon a time we were used to dead fish kisses but TVN is a mood maker.:wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 15

9 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

I sent the YouTube link to a friend and all she kept saying was "woah woah woah..is this kdrama?are you sure?"

Lol once upon a time we were used to dead fish kisses but TVN is a mood maker.:wub:

:sweat_smile: that kiss they shared after KJH saying i love you wasnt really THAT sensual in the drama. If you slow mo and zoom it in though, that’s a different story.

Dead fish kissing is one of the few things i hate in kdramas before. :ph34r:

How can cable channels stream more of those though? Are they paying the movie policy law to be able to stream more steamy kiss scenes?

.... im sounding like a curious kid who always asks “why” lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

I’d say the Morro Cabana kiss is sweet and passionate (considering what they both went through). It’s almost like a moment of surrender for CSH

@dukesa1122 not sure how it works, but probably akin to how cable shows in the US can show more explicit content. Probably has to do with the number of viewers it can reach?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Ooooops how did I miss this topic omg and now there are already 239 pages LOOOOL rip

Anyways just saw this topic in popular and I was like I had to come to say that i’m loving this drama and I was a bit annoyed at the beginning w/ Park Bo Gum smiling 24/24 but now I’m fine w/ it!! And I found him more and more attractive haha :wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 8

Been following soompi for quite sometime now.. and this kdrama prompted to finally become a member.

Thanks for all the insights.

Since i will not be able to download it real time later, i'll read through your posts for real time updates! 

Thanks! 

Kamsamnida Chinggu's

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@bebebisous33

I read your comment about moms in Encounter. 

In ep10, when KJH mentioned that the book he read is about missing no matter

- from mom to daughter; or

- from KJH to CSH .

CSH’s facial expression looked misery like reminded of her mom who has never had mom-daughter feelings (includes missing) at all. 

Count down another 2 hours for Encounter.

”Thank you so much for your lpve and Interest to Encounter”

Poster 

https://twitter.com/cjndrama/status/1082947589920690176?s=21

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Its better not to have a mother at all than to have someone like sh's mother. She looks like someone who can sell off her soul to the devil just for her ambition. I wonder where Sh's father met her. Doesn't he had a slightest hint or suspicions before he married her?  From the look of it,  jmo's strategy is not working. First, she confronted Jh, but only make jh and sh relationship strong. 2nd, meeting chairman kim... make it clear to her that she doesn't want sh to be her daughter in law and confronting jh is not right. The worse scenario i think will be, if jmo seeks ws help and they join forces.

Just saw the yt video of the press con in eng sub( by drama milk). Good to watch while waiting for tonight's ep.

• Like 10

Hello, chingus! Thread was on fire at 7:30 am KST. I couldn't post as RL was packed with work. I came back to thread and found that it has advanced by three pages of posts! Daebak!

This is related to the drama.

Dwd1BOSVAAA0Fzg.jpg

Spoiler

Dwd1D4IUwAEELfg.jpg

• Like 17

@NongpeeP Yes, CSH's facial expression revealed a certain pain, as she has never felt loved by her mother. On the other hand, JH mentioned in that scene his mother therefore I was thinking that this could be seen as an indication that his mother will fill that position. First, I had imagined that the mother would reject CSH. Yet, when she saw the article on her cellphone, she defended her son saying that he could date anyone. She wasn't that upset... 

Hands and feet (part 3)

After JH entered CSH's world (episode 4), he came in contact with director Choi and Chairman Kim. He had to hear terrible things. These painful experiences were shown in the episode 7 in flashbacks. Encounter Episode 7 JH flashback 1.pngEncounter Episode 7 JH flashback 2.pngEncounter Episode 7 JH flashback 3.png

Striking is that they are all in black and white, just like CSH's memories from the episode 1,

Spoiler

Encounter episode 1 Morro Cabana 3.pngEncounter episode 1 Morro Cabana 4.png

where she remembered her sad, painful and lifeless life. As you can see, JH went through the same things than CSH. People telling him how to behave and what to say, giving harsh comments. By using the same mean of filming, the director underlined the similarity between our main leads. Moreover, these black and white scenes symbolize CSH's world, the kingdom Taegyeong Group, the world JH had decided to enter in order to become a meaningful person to CSH. Now, he knows in what kind of world she has been living. This kingdom is huge and scary. 

But in this black and white world, how can the subjects survive, as there is no sunlight and no warmth at all? Well, I had already pointed out that CSH had found ways to keep her mind sane and to express herself: the paintings and the hands. But actually, she is not the only one who uses the hand as a way to express feelings and indirectly thoughts.

In order to endure everything, to bear the humiliation and the harsh treatment, all of them, even director Choi who is just a pawn, react the same way. They hide their true feelings by hiding behind a smile or an expressionless face and use their hands in order to release their anger

Spoiler

Encounter episode 4 JH hand anger.png

(JH, episode 4... he hears director Choi insulting CSH) , anxiety, fear

Spoiler

Encounter episode 3 CSH hand fear.png

(episode 3, CSH's hand sitting in front of Chairman Kim),  helplessness

Spoiler

Encounter episode 7 JH hand.png

(JH, episode 7 after hearing about his transfer) or their hurt. That way, queen Kim and the other royals think that they are all obedient puppets. However, this is just a subterfuge. None of them stop thinking or feeling. They remain humans.

Spoiler

Encounter episode 7 Choi hands.png

With this taking, the hands of director Choi reveal two aspects: he is hiding one hand with the other. Actually, he is scared because Chairman Kim tells him that she discovered his disobedience and she saw his gesture as backstabbing (episode 7). With his two hands, director Choi is able to deceive Kim as his gesture underlines his obedience. However, we could interpret this gesture as a way to hide his fear... while the one hand is shaking, the other is able to hide and control the shaking.  

Now, you understand the "obsession" of this director with the hands. The hand is used in this cold world as a way to endure everything but at the same time to remain human. They are able to stay calm and overcome the terrible situation. Striking is that the director even decided to show the hands of minor characters like director Choi reinforcing the idea that in this chaebol world no one is actually really speechless. They might not speak in front of chairman Kim but they are still able to think on their own and feel. 

@dukesa1122@nubianlegalmind@shyguitar @roshzanna@twtwb@Tasia@rosiepeonie188 @xu_lyfe@nikir@guinearoyal@icyphoenix @stroppyse @philosophie @thistle@Yongzura@thadora@jl08

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

@bebebisous33

looks like the hand expression is an effective means of expressing something in the chaebol world. I wonder if they die early of heart attack (sorry...the nurse in me is wondering). :crazy: It’s like a prison within yourself. You can’t freely express what you feel. 

37 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

That way, queen Kim and the other royals think that they are all obedient puppets. However, this is just a subterfuge. None of them stop thinking or feeling. They remain humans.

• Like 7

@dukesa1122 Well, JWS's father died early and I doubt that he was that old which proves that your assumption is correct. So their world, which I compared to a coffin once, is asphyxiating. I can't help associating their liking for brown and oblongs to buried coffins. They are actually buried alive. The only ones whose hands are not shown in a taking are JMO, JWS and Chairman Kim... this is no coincidence.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

The only one whose hands are not shown in a taking are JMO, JWS and Chairman Kim... this is no coincidence.

Because they are all superior. Dang. You’re right. As always. I never saw their hands focused in this show. Excellent as always @bebebisous33 :thumbsup:

@shyguitar @dianss23 

i watch it on VIU. So I had to wait for the eng subs.

woooooo.... 9:30pm KST already!

huhu please take pity on my poor soul chingus. Provide update

• Like 3