[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

13 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Here he is, our handsome boyfriend switched on the light

Yeah, that right there is a main switch in an old-fashioned terminal box (maybe I did learn something from stepdad after all).  I have a somewhat similar one on the outside of my old house to switch on some outside lights.

8 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

@thistle: In tbe Eng subbed episode I watched, the translation of Samuel haraboji's line was: The love began here and was COMPLETED here." (Not ended)

I take it as a foreshadowing of the ending.

When the 2nd Cuban encounter took place in Episode 10, I felt a bit uneasy. I was predicting it was going to be the ending...so I worried about it.....

It was a line that particularly struck me from the first time I saw the first episode, and I thought that surely it was a foreshadowing that the love would find a place in the garden.  

I've seen several KDramas with really very bad endings in the past few months, so I am feel un-trusting of any KDrama ending right now but I very much want to believe in the goodness of this one and I am hoping for the very best "completion" of JH/SH love story.

• Like 11

I’m hoping for a good ending too but I’ve been burned by other dramas before. Fingers definitely crossed for this one!

But why do I get the feeling today that episode 10 is the peak romance we’re gonna see for the series? Meaning there’ll more trouble/evil scheming for the last 6 episodes. I’m really anxious about this upcoming showdown with TG. I hope it will be excellently written and end in favor of CSH.

I hope it doesn’t end on a “We’ll always have Havana” note. If they don’t visit the garden on episode 11 then the probability of another episode in Cuba is highly likely, hopefully the finale.

Oh and it’s Monday in this side of the world, I hope they have some new material in store for us.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

We can relate about the "not being able to sleep" because of the endings, right, chingus?:D

Btw, I can't believe we are actually talking about the light switch!:D 

Yes, @redbeanbuns, SHK said it in the PressCon. Will look for the YT Video and come up with a screencap and post it here.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

19 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

I’m hoping for a good ending too but I’ve been burned by other dramas before. Fingers definitely crossed for this one!

But why do I get the feeling today that episode 10 is the peak romance we’re gonna see for the series? Meaning there’ll more trouble/evil scheming for the last 6 episodes. I’m really anxious about this upcoming showdown with TG. I hope it will be excellently written and end in favor of CSH.

I hope it doesn’t end on a “We’ll always have Havana” note. If they don’t visit the garden on episode 11 then the probability of another episode in Cuba is highly likely, hopefully the finale.

Oh and it’s Monday in this side of the world, I hope they have some new material in store for us.

Argh.  That’s an absolute killer thought— “we’ll always have Havana”.  We gotta stay positive though...

40 minutes ago, redbeanbuns said:

@gumtaek oh SHK said that at the PC? If it's a cute love story,then can I imagined that they will have cute little JH n SH running around the garden with their mom n dad staring from a far,smiling happily :D

They’ll always have Havana because they’re going to emigrate there and make a new Donghwa Headquarters in Cuba rather than South Korea.  B)

• Like 6

I still have some pages to read, but posting keep coming and I never complained about it :D

Thank you all and keep posting chingu :heart: I love reading your posts slowly

cr. ding_grey

Spoiler

cr. hyemink7

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

I also noticed that christmas tree. 

But i do not think the director nor the writer would be careless about this.

Maybe the hotel is just like us, february is the time we take out christmas decors. We feel its a waste if christmas decors stay just for christmas season. And yes, i remember, i have a photo in one of our local hotels, its mid february, chinese new year and the background is a christmas tree.

I remember in a video i saw, when asked to describe shk... shk is a calculative person. There's no reason to criticize her actions, esp encounter/boyfriend. She knows what she 's doing. And Sh is also like that in may ways. 

• Like 15

Thank you to the 15 PBG fan unions , providing such a lavish spread for the entire cast and crew, extremely generous and thoughtful. I know that it must have been challenging to coordinate amongst so many different groups and still keep it a surprise, congratulations on such a successful fan project! 

Our main leads were not looking at each other but their reactions after the director effusively praised their chemistry was so cute. Big smiles all around.

25744522-7-B00-41-A7-8-C79-528-B660-AD40

• Like 23

9 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Still figuring out the ranking of the drama. If I am not mistaken, it ranked 4th.

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201901080100045520003488&servicedate=20190107

You’re right, it’s 

1. Sky castle 

2. MoA

3. Last empress 

4. Encounter/Boyfriend. 

I have noticed that our participation numbers on   Twitter and the Korean search portals is great but we are really lacking numbers when it comes to Instagram(TVN) and Youtube(TVN) which could be a reason why the drama has not been fairing better on this survey. The fact that PBG and SHK are still rank 1 and 2 is proof that we ought to be faring better on the drama rankings. 

For example, the kiss scene has really low views on YT despite being an extremely hot topic on all social sites this week. 

Everyone please keep supporting the drama and actors on different sns. 

The song that KJH sings in the next episode, Drunken Truth by Kim Dong Ryul, I wonder if the lyrics mean that CSH has still not said “ I love you” when KJH serenades her with this song. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6