[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Two details I also loved in episode 10

1. When Sec Jang said she heard from Dae Chan that JH was in Cuba

I think this implies that they are already communicating to an extent

My second OTP’s ship is sailing :wub:

2. When the VO of JH asking “do you have a boyfriend?” was played again while they were making out on the balcony. Nice touch

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

Since ep 1, my life is not normal....ep 9, i cried a bucket, ep 10, i screamed so loud...

That kiss tho'... i will not talk about, i cannot give justice to it, i rather scream it loud.:w00t:

My thoughts:

1. That memo.... it made me laughed so loud. Its that what millenials are now, asking if she has a boyfriend first before asking whats her name is? Or is it Jh only?

(When pbg was told by his hyung not to feel burden in filming, just do his best, i think he took it seriously, so seriously, hence that kiss tho':rolleyes:)

@roshzanna You notice is interesting that KJH asked whether CSH has a boyfriend when he has just met such evening. 

Yesterday I have watched Encounter’s Press Conference in November 2018 after watching ep10:

- Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo mentioned it is awkward to each other at the very beginning because they were not close at all. 

I understood what they meant when I watched what they had to starting filming Encounter in Cuba as ep10’s scenes. They also said they discussed alot about how to portray and agreed for best work. 

- PD said he has not told them to set but both Patk Bo gum and Song Hye Kyo can be the characters to deliver scenes naturally. 

- Park Bo Gum mentioned SJK’s advise to work without worry and film the best, that meant to give confidence, support, and implicit greenlight to act professionally...as we knew Encounter is melodrama about 2 leads who are lovers, what scenes to express their love are expected to be. 

(As an actor, SJK is acting with another female lead in a drama in TVN too, definitely there might be particular scenes...professional Actors/Actress do.)

• Like 20

To be honest , I feel down about the rating, some of you may say who cares about the rating , but I do care indeed. 

For cable TV, 8 or 9% is considered high; however I want it to get consistent rating , not just dropping below 8 like the last two episodes.

The high rating  creates more buzz for the drama, hence more commercial, more ads and thus it will be rewarding for entire casts and production team who has worked so hard to produce such a high quality, poetic beautiful drama that I barely see it nowadays.

I am so grateful and appreciated it deeply and love it so much that my heart is about to expose when I think about the drama as I feel so related to it a lot personally.

I just hope they picking up more views and the rating is going up again.

• Like 10
  • Sad 5

26 minutes ago, xu_lyfe said:

To be honest , I feel down about the rating, some of you may say who cares about the rating , but I do care indeed. 

For cable TV, 8 or 9% is considered high; however I want it to get consistent rating , not just dropping below 8 like the last two episodes.

The high rating  creates more buzz for the drama, hence more commercial, more ads and thus a rewarding for entire casts and production who has worked so hard to produce such a high quality, poetic beautiful drama that I barely see it nowadays.

I am so grateful and appreciated it deeply and love it so much that my heart is about to expose when I think about the drama as I feel so related to it a lot personally.

I just hope they picking up more views and the rating is going up again.

I agree, when the drama is so close to the heart, and all the key elements: writer-nim, PD-nim, Our OTP doing their job in such an amazing way, it does feel rather sad to see the rating below what it should be..

Since us, the international fans are not directly relate to the korean rating, we should give our support by creating more buzz, that way, all production team who've done so much to make us feel all the right emotion together with our otp, will receive appreciation they deserved.

Honestly, with top notch execution, all the details and cinematography.. our eyes have been blessed every week, it's the kind of drama i'm willing to pay every episode as much as i pay for movie in theather. I mean other than paying subscription for vi (which only 20 dollars a year), i nearly didn't spend anything. 

Let's create more buzz so that all the production team get bonus for their hard work!! Boyfriend fighting!!!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

I had to come back here and say this. 

When I watched the kiss scene this morning, I was so so glad that it was a tvN drama series! No chaste kisses for tvN! 

I am very very impressed by the chemistry between PBG and SHG. Wow! :astonished:

P.S. I may be asking something that could have been mentioned on previous pages but has news of the OST album been released yet? 

• Like 7

The balcony kiss was so intimate, It's like invading their privacy. Such a intense/heated moment. They can barely stand straight, they're leaning against one another to adjust  positioning their body.

z583grvugotz.gif

their first kiss also done in balcony:)

Spoiler

2860m6nvv035.gif

:D

tumblr_pk1rqpQDs01vqfmslo5_r1_400gif

jrbrltheb9uv.gif

DC

Park Bo-gum expresses love for Song Hye-kyo in Cuba on 'Encounter'

Updated : Jan 4, 2019 

In Thursday’s episode of romance drama “Encounter,” Kim Jin-hyuk expressing his love for Cha Soo-hyun. 

On the 10th episode of the popular tvN drama, Kim returned to Cuba, where the two first met, to help Cha, played by Song Hye-kyo, resolve a problem facing her hotel business. 

Cha, who heads Donghwa Hotel, is planning to build a new hotel chain in Cuba. But the plan was halted due to a scheme devised by two hotel employees, to make the owner of the hotel plot in Cuba to refuse the sale. 

But Kim, another hotel employee played by Park Bo-gum, went to meet the land owner in Cuba and stayed all night and waited to see him. He delivered a heartfelt letter to the owner expressing his feelings toward Cha and explaining Donghwa’s intent to keep the garden on the site, just as the owner demanded in the first place. 

Spoiler

Scene from "Encounter" tvN

“Do you love the CEO?” the land owner asked Kim. “Yes, I miss her badly,” said Kim. The land owner smiled at Kim, saying he would consider his request and give response by the next day. 

After hearing Kim was in Cuba, Cha came back to the country as well. The two were reunited unexpectedly at a cafe where they had shared time together in the past. 

The lovebirds also visited Morro Cabana, another spot where the two shared a good memory. The couple burst with joy when Cha received a call from the landowner saying he had decided to sell the land to the hotel. 

“I love you Soo-hyun,” said Kim as he hugs Kim. And then they kissed.

The latest episode gained 8 percent viewership, up by 0.2 percent from the previous day. 

“Encounter” airs on tvN at 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday. 

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com) 
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Overnight and I still can't stop grinning. Some thoughts here.

6 hours ago, aisling said:

Holy moly macaroni.

Did they really shoot those steamy kisses alongside with episode 1??? The emotions were totally different. Respect for the actors!

They filmed in Cuba for a month. That's more than enough footage for episode 1, 10 and then some. I read here that ex-husband actor also filmed in Cuba so I'm expecting at least another round of drama there.

13 hours ago, mellinadear said:

The balcony scene, they both wore the Blue striped shirt (the one on the poster)

You can see SH's skirt colour.

I agree. KJH is wearing jeans, just like the poster. And if they weren't, I really hope they showered and changed. KJH has been wearing that gray sweater plus shirt for at least 48 hours! Home->airport>13-hr flight->running around Havana->sleeping under the stars->reuniting with CSH->another round at El Malecon.  Ha ha, I'm too practical and cynical :-)

Ex-husband will work in hotel! In the trailer, he told the PR team that he has no hotel experience and hope they will help him. See 0:20s mark: 

2 hours ago, vvpal said:

Overnight and I still can't stop grinning. Some thoughts here.

They filmed in Cuba for a month (September). That's more than enough footage for episode 1, 10 and more. I read somewhere that ex-husband actor also filed in Cuba so I'm expecting at least another round of drama there.

I agree. KJH is wearing jeans, just like the poster. And if they weren't, I really hope they showered and changed. KJH has been wearing that gray sweater plus shirt for at least 48 hours! Home->airport>13-hr flight->running around Havana->sleeping under the stars->reuniting with CSH->another round at El Malecon.  Ha ha, I'm too practical and cynical :-)

Ex-husband will work in hotel! In the trailer, he told the PR team that he has no hotel experience and hope they will help him. See 0:20s mark

1. The ex-husband filmed in Cuba?? Por que?? :crazy:

2. LOL noticed this too. I hope he got to brush his teeth at least

3. Part of me thinks this has something to do with earning CSH’s favor. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

FB_IMG_1546571855047.jpg?zoom=3&resize=360%2C218&ssl=1TVN

K-DRAMA

Key Moments In Episode 9 Of “Encounter”

By abbyinhallyuland | January 4, 2019

MAKING UP FOR THE WEEK THAT VIEWERS MISSED ITS AIRING, ENCOUNTER CONTINUES WITH ROMANTIC DOSES TO SHOWER ITS FANATICS.

All about emotions – episode 9 of Encountershows Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo in poignant scenes for their characters.

Apparently, love struggles to cushion the woes set in the story leading to a pendulum of emotional ride for the main couple of the narrative.

Encounter

NEW YEAR KISS

Through the help of Mr. Nam, Jin Hyuk arrives on time to attend the party he arranged before his transfer to Sokcho. After spotting the woman he adores, he drags him and shares a sweet kiss as soon as the new year clocks in. Unaware that Woo Suk witnessed that moment, the two happily grab some food and go for a late night movie date.

LATE NIGHT MOVIE DATE AFTERMATH

After the party, Mi Jin agrees to grab some drinks with Dae Chan and Jin Myung. Accidentally blabbing about the real reason of Jin Hyuk’s transfer, his worried brother tried to call him to no avail since he is on a date with Soo Hyun.

Mi Jin wakes up to a hangover mess, and strangely follows Dae Chan for a sauna bath and hangover fix. Dating photos of Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun hit the online grapevine so she rushes to take action. 

Agreeing to meet her father for a lunch, the two discuss about the looming war Soo Hyun has waged against the almighty Taegyeong group. She mulls over her father’s thoughts of how Jin Hyuk will suffer given that he is not used to their cruel world.

Meanwhile, Woo Suk also meets with Soo Hyun to propose another start with her. But the latter is firm on her love for Jin Hyuk, and how he means to her.

encounter

A BLOW TO JIN HYUK’S CONVICTION

Working on the first day of the year, Jin Hyuk diligently attends to the hotel’s guests. When a young girl lost her teddy bear, Jin Hyuk looks for it in a pile of dirty sheets for about two hours.

Happily assisting the guests, he is excused from his post when Soo Hyun’s mother arrives. There is no wad of cash thrown at Jin Hyuk face, but as expected, she warns him to stay away from her daughter.

SOO HYUN’S SORROW

Hye In is formally introduced to Soo Hyun by Manager Kim. Learning her close friendship with Jin Hyuk, Soo Hyun asks about her boyfriend’s feelings. Instead of answering the question, Hye In begs Soo Hyun to stop the relationship and shares how Jin Hyuk means to protect her by going to Sokcho. 

Alone in her place, Soo Hyun broods over her situation with Jin Hyuk.

I’M SCARED YOU MIGHT GET HURT

Also on a pensive mood, Jin Hyuk receives messages from his old classmates, who mindlessly posted online details about him.

Soo Hyun’s phone call cuts his reverie, and he puts an extra effort to brighten up his worried mood. Unable to find the best possible way to protect the man who means a lot to her, Soo Hyun proposes for them to think things over.

Selfless Jin Hyuk claims he is at fault for being so ordinary making Soo Hyun choke to tears, as she says how scared she is for him to get hurt. Jin Hyuk suggests a quiet time for both of them by not calling each other until one of them decides to break the agreement.

Fighting off their emotions, the two divert their attention into activities, which just remind them of each other. Soo Hyun gives in feeling how much she misses Jin Hyuk, and drives to where he is.

Spotting him on a sea side en route Sokcho, she pulls over, and heads to where he is. Jin Hyuk initially lies that he is with the hotel staff, unaware that Soo Hyun is there behind him.

Realizing that his girlfriend is there, he rushes to where she is – for an I-miss-you-so-much embrace.

Encounter

ENCOUNTER EPISODE 9 THOUGHTS

The second stretch of Encounter is expected to cover how the love story will be sustained by the characters involved.

Woo Suk’s helpless plea to start again with Soo Hyun scared me for a moment. We finally get the picture of how much Soo Hyun suffered because of her ex-husband’s mother. Although we know that Woo Suk made a sacrifice to let Soo Hyun go with a divorce ploy, the sentiments lean on Soo Hyun, who must have wanted Woo Suk’s bravery at the time she needed it.

That same courage is what pushed Soo Hyun to acknowledge Jin Hyuk — “This is a man who is not scared to protect me.” As reality hits Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk, and as much as they want to believe “love” can keep the vigor of their relationship, the fear of being each other’s cause of pain hinder their goals to be initially together in their fight.

I am glad they figure out fast that staying apart won’t help them good. Will Woo Suk push to pursue Soo Hyun? What battle picture is in store for Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun?

Don’t miss your weekly doses of Encounteron tvN and tvN Asia!....source credit @https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/encounter-episode-9-recap/

• Like 14

:D

LOL :D You got a set of refreshment kit incl toothbrush and toothpaste on flight, pretty sure he'd brushed before get off the plane, alsoooo... in reality after unexpectedly meeting someone you have crush with, you'll aware of yourself, and will make sure at least to clean yourself:rolleyes:. Imagining JH rushed to the cafe's rest room and clean himself :lol::lol:

Omoo.. look what this drama leads our imagination..

I'm writing this with my biggest grin 

• Like 3
  • LOL 14