[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

So I’m drunk from drinking wine. I probably consumed half a bottle. I wascrying my weyes out while wayh ing the scene when they had to cool off. Who does that??? Argh woll be posting my comments later. My boufriend just laughed at me for ceyinf. Later chingu!

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

I wonder what role that journalist will play in future episodes? Friend or foe?

ETA: they spent a significant amount of time on that scene so I don’t think it’s a random act of kindness from JH’s part. I feel like they’ll play a significant role later on

• Like 10

Love episode 9, except the villains. Who would not cry a bucket?

So ex mil is not interested having SH back in her household, what is her agenda now? just to take back the hotel? And the mother, still want SH to be back at taegyong!. Waah, these 2 having different agenda is more frightening. I wish for the day they come face to face and slap each other.

HI, i still give her the benefit of the doubt only bec. she told SH of JH's transfer. But she is now going beyond the boundaries of being a friend. Does she stays being jh's friend just bec. she likes him?

About the journalist,  it maybe of the following:

1. Taking jh's a picture , the world will know jh is demoted

2. It will bring jh back to head office.

3. A new job offer.

MS.Lee... it seems jh trusted her more in affairs of the heart. Though it looks like his parents are the last to know the truth, but sometimes parents are not the best people to confide on. Sometimes they just add problems to problems.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

ETA: they spent a significant amount of time on that scene so I don’t think it’s a random act of kindness from JH’s part. I feel like they’ll play a significant role later on

Im sure the journalist will write about her experience on how Donghwa Resort Sokcho staff help her.

Just like he said before, KJH is actually making his own way back to where he belong.. with his kindness

• Like 17

I just wanted to share that they watched the movie “Loving Vincent” and the song that played at the end was retitled “Starry Starry Night” and was covered by Lianne La Havas

Absolutely beautiful detail! JH has exquisite taste!

I now wonder if this choice of movie has a deeper meaning to the story. I’ll try to formulate my thoughts

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

text preview for Ep.10

내가 먼저 대표님 좋아한 거 증명했으니까.”

한 달 만에 재회한 두 사람. 애틋한 시간도 잠시, 두 사람은 다시 서울과 속초, 각자의 자리로 돌아간다. 진혁은 프론트 클락 업무에도 두각을 나타내고 수현은 그런 진혁의 모습에 뿌듯함을 느끼지만, 두 사람을 둘러싼 상황들은 점점 악화된다. 결국 위기에 처한 수현과 동화호텔, 그런 수현의 곁에 진혁이 없는데...

http://program.tving.com/tvn/encounter/19/Board/List

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

While we care about our close friends, our job stops at advising them. Beyond that, it's better not to get involved with meeting their partners one to one and try to tell them how much our friend is suffering due to their love relationship. Don't you think the incumbents know best about their own situation? Will HI take responsibility if her good intention for KJH backfires and lead to further unnecessary sufferings by the lovebirds? It has obviously affected CSH badly. It's totally one-sided because HI thinks she's having it much better than KJH and that's not fair.

Imo, HI did not make an informed decision when she spoke with CSH because she's not the incumbent. She succeeded only in making it worse as CSH is already bombarded with worries about KJH.

We know that Sec Jang spoke with KJH too, but the difference is KJH spoke his mind to her, about CSH taking a meaningful place in his heart. He's frank because that's how he lives his life. CSH is different. She's good at hiding her emotions - not a word to HI. So she broke down later when she was alone. Does HI have any idea how much damage she has done just to 'protect' her friend? I've no qualms if she tries to persuade KJH but that's it.

The scene where KJH is so carefree and happy, running to plant a surprised deep kiss on CSH's lips near the station- he was totally behaving like an Oppa telling her to take care, be careful and his reluctance to leave her - it's so touching, given that CSH is older and more experienced. She was embraced in a warm cocoon in that sweet scene. It's about time that some awesome guy takes care of her finally.

The same scene prepares us for the stark contrast that came later on with their emotionally-charged conversation to stay away from each other. I feel that it is the intention of the PD & scriptwriter to highlight the sun and the moon drastically crescending in an eclipse like this situation where we saw in the beautiful graphics- a shadow has descended....but like all eclipses, it'll pass. 

It has to. We need to see sunshine desperately and Cuba is the right place where its beautiful sunset and sweet memories will color their lives again. CSH running to KJH twice too....it's a beautiful twist from the usual story plus the magnificent cinematography in ep 9...it's so intense.

Everything about "Boyfriend" is awesomely breathtaking and the splendid performance from PBG & SHK is simply mind-blowing.

Hang on for more roller-coaster rides, more tissues....yet the ultimate ride will surely be a joyous one into the beautiful sunset against the magical sound of lapping waves, caressing wind and a lovely frame of two bodies seeking warmth and love from each other after the storm.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, ohlalaw said:

text preview for Ep.10

내가 먼저 대표님 좋아한 거 증명했으니까.”

한 달 만에 재회한 두 사람. 애틋한 시간도 잠시, 두 사람은 다시 서울과 속초, 각자의 자리로 돌아간다. 진혁은 프론트 클락 업무에도 두각을 나타내고 수현은 그런 진혁의 모습에 뿌듯함을 느끼지만, 두 사람을 둘러싼 상황들은 점점 악화된다. 결국 위기에 처한 수현과 동화호텔, 그런 수현의 곁에 진혁이 없는데...

http://program.tving.com/tvn/encounter/19/Board/List

Translation:

Two people reunited in a month. For a short while, the two return to their respective places in Seoul and Sokcho. Jin-hyeok is also prominent in the front-clock work, and Suhyun feels proud of the image of such a dilemma, but the situation surrounding both becomes worse. Sohyeon and Donghwa Hotel in crisis at the end, there is no Jinhyuk near Suhyeon ...

Oh boy :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

@jl08I completely agree with you about HI. I don't know about Korean culture but HI already crossed her lines, not once but twice. 

I don't know what the motive is, yes, people can defend her its because she care for JI; however, caring for JH is encouraging him and supporting his decisions, not going behind his back and sabotaged his relationship in that way.In reality, it doesn't matter how close my relationship to my friend, I don't get involved into my friend's personal matter, all I do is to be there and support their decisions. No questions, even sometimes I don't agree with their decisions. Oscar Wilde once said :" A true friend is the one who stabs you in a front." 

HI may care for JH but I thought JH already friend zoned her already, why did she still continue barge in knowing his decisions is to protect SH. ????

Watching SH breaking down when she was in the room crying in her loneliness makes me feel so painful and feel the pain with her.  if JH saw that, he would totally go crazy because to JH, SH smile is worth more than anything else. 

And about the Journalist, my speculation is the MIL will try to bring down DongHwa reputation and thus will affect CSH CEO position; however, the journalist will write an article prescribing her  experiences with the hotel and with the picture of JH as an employee who has gone beyond his duties to make the customer happy, that is like an arrow killing two birds; save CSH and JH at the same time . 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Boyfriend' Song Hye Kyo ❤ ︎ 보 보 검 검 검 쿠 쿠,....                 Enter the article 1:19 pm Changing the font size                   

OSEN = Park Seok-soo] 'Boyfriend' Song Hye-kyo - Park Bo-gom finds Cuba again with his lover. The two shots of Song Hye Kyo - Park Sung Gom, which sit on the castle of Moroccan Baga while seizing the lover force, captivate the eyes, while the two people who seem to be joyful are revealed and their attention is focused. 
The TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-ae / director Park Shin-woo / production studio dragon, this factory) which is influential - topic sex - In front of the broadcast, he released the steals of Suhyun (Song Hye Kyo) and Jin Hyuk 
In the public still, there is a picture of Suhyeon and Jinhyuk who found Cuba again. The sweet and relaxing two-shot view of the same place in Moroccan Baga, a symbolic place that had an accidental first encounter stirs up the viewers. In the meantime, Jin-hyeok attracts attention with his cheerfulness. I am curious as to how the situation of him who shouts with all his strength while gathering both hands in his mouth is curious. Especially, Suhyeon is surprised by Jinhyeok's cheering, his eyes are rounded and he is taking a shh motion, and a smile bloomed in his face further raises his interest. It raises questions about what happened to the two people who have returned to Cuba. 
Meanwhile, in the last 'boyfriend' 9 times, Suhyeon and Jinhyeok were worried that the other side might be hurt by oneself. In addition, Suhyun heard the news that Jinhyeok's image was revealed to the public and his mother (the one who left) visited Jinhyeok, so he decided to have time to think about each other with a heavy heart. 
The two of them who stood the time with a nostalgic heart toward each other made the viewers sad. However, Suhyeon, who was a photographer of Jinhyeok afterwards, rushed to Sokcho as if it was going to burst, and with tears, he embraced and embraced the audience's hearts. Among them, Steel, which has a rich time of Suhyun and Jinhyuk who found Cuba again, is being revealed, and interest in how their romance will develop is gathering attention. 
'Boyfriend' side, "Today (3 days) will be shown in the broadcast of Suhyun and Jinhyuk Cuba again. Sookhyun and Jinhyeok, who are celebrating the moment of their first meeting in Cuba, will come back to the moment when they are laughing together. I would like to have a lot of expectations and interest. " 
tvN 'Boyfriend' is a thrilling melodramatic drama that started with the accidental encounter of Suhyeon, who never lived his chosen life, and free and clear soul devotion. Today (3 days) at 10:30 pm at 9:30 pm./pps2014@osen.co.kr 
[Photo] 'Boyfriend' provided.....source credit @https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003930661

Sha

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

I have one little complain: the hugging scene by the end - something is missing and I can't pinpoint exactly. Is it because he doesn't hug her tightly at first or pulls her to him- with the hand gesture, it is more like the hands are placed behind her back latter in a separate shot. Or her hands are still in her pocket while he runs towards her rather than take it out and holds him at the same time - it may look better than she takes her hands out of her pocket to hug him latter?. I mean, the visuals of PBG and SHK are good, the scenery is beautiful but the hug scene does not really look as intimate as I thought - it is just safe. I love the scene leading to that, when they look at each other and JH runs towards SH  their expressions are on-point but after that, I feel the hug is quite like technical acting; even the facial expression. It is compensated by the final scene with the book though. 

I will agree with you... However, since I normally don't have high expectations of SHG delivering passion, I can let her delivery of skinship pass. Are they trying to mute the passion for the sake of Korean viewers? Like some have said earlier, this is a job, they should deliver. Make us feel the longing!! However, I don't know what Korean viewer factors the production team has to consider, so I will live with it.

I have a hypothesis about SHG. I find her acting style to part of an overall SHG brand strategy. She excels in the crying scenes, her characters are almost similar in the way they present her sophistication subliminally, which provokes a sponsorship and advertisement flurry. It is no mistake that she takes her time to choose her dramas. It's almost like her comebacks are to reboot interest in her after the break she takes in between dramas. I bet you the acting fee she has made from the drama is nothing compared to the advertising and sponsorship money she has made since her comeback. If someone can assist me with a list of her sponsorships, I would be grateful. (I'm not sure English media has this comprehensive info.) However, I'm not mad about it, she knows how to leverage her image and brand for income. Get it GIRL!! MAKE THAT MONEY!!

Episode 9 was beautiful... 

The many portrait shots from the Director of Photography. You Stanley Kubrick fan you!!

Spoiler

CSH in the smaller window frame

49419691_10156537753390412_5988720320993

LOL!! SO obvious what they did here!!

49667131_10156537753280412_3000782856738

Watching the Van Gogh movie

49660157_10156537752745412_8449249064159

Each of them in their separate portaits. We, are never ever, getting back together!

49315591_10156537752670412_1967032448189

KJH in his own portrait

49711530_10156537752605412_3123854934152

CSH in the door frame, portrait in a portrait.

49525780_10156537753700412_3286306402766

CSH concentrates on the drive, all composed probably trying not to overspeed, but her body language betrays her. she twiddles her fingers impatiently on the steering wheel and I was LEGIT moved!!

Spoiler

49479667_10156537753015412_3872354484147

Honestly, shiny tears are her signature move!!

Spoiler

49277737_10156537753070412_3584638348725

Our "telepathetic" couple - They live through a pathetic one month, then somehow wear similar coats on the day of their reunion. Lol.

Spoiler

49376408_10156537752925412_5965340795367

When they made this break in their hug, I EXPECTED A KISS!! It's been one month!! I don't know about y'all, but my love language is physical/touch, so best believe I'm responding to that hug, and we will kiss the hell out of each other, and I will suck your soul and bone marrow out of you!! One month fam!! One month!!

Spoiler

49838163_10156537752810412_8808590170153

The easiest way to get me to melt. When a character uses this line, it cuts right through me!! I loved her confession! She's so honest about her fears, I was one with her in this scene!!

Spoiler

49623461_10156537753110412_6063590792193

The most important scene was when CSH and ex-hubby met. We finally got to know how the marriage was, terrible. I believe that if Hubby had stepped up to the plate and defended CSH from his mother, CSH would have fallen for him. She expected that from him. Who doesn't love a strong man!! So when she told him how she cannt forget how weak he looked as he looked on helplessly at his evil mum, I understood her fully!! Weak men suck!

Spoiler

49203302_10156537753610412_3605255042149

I sincerely wish ex-hubby will find a love he deserves, and the spine to protect that new woman from his mother. However, his last statement betrayed his jealousy. It seems he does not think that CSH and KJH are serious, or expects that they won't last. Or maybe he's clutching at straws, hoping he still has a chance.

Spoiler

49617507_10156537752515412_4224681058144

49686317_10156537753475412_7460150776296

49279914_10156537753555412_1583625506564

Wind is param in Korean. My ears always perk up when I hear the word because it also means affair. Ex-hubby seems to think that she's having a fling, but expects her to come back to her senses.

No wonder CSH gave him a sophisticated eyeballing, picked up her stuff and left the room!!

Bro, NO! That horse bolted in Cuba!!

Finally, A "FREE" CSH comes flying and swoops in for her "book lover"

Spoiler

49897212_10156537753165412_5501744181510

The show lasted 1hr10min, I watched it for three hours... be still my poor heart!!

• Like 16
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

I actually think the journalist will inadvertently be a friend. I don't think she knew who Jin Hyuk was at the time. She had no intentions of writing an article about him or the hotel. She was checking out the hotel when her daughter couldn't find her doll. After he spent hours searching for the doll, I think she was so impressed by the above and beyond dedication of an employee to locate her child's missing doll that it impressed her. I have a feeling that she's going to show a different side of Jin Hyuk that will contradict what his  jealous school 'friends' posted.

• Like 13