[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

wowww , episode 9 is so beautiful, it is one whole package of beautiful cinematography, dialogues, illustrations, visuals and acting.

Kudos the writer for not following the common pathway of other korean melodrama in which : one party decided to call it off without telling the other party the real reason why .

Here , we have both CSH and JH talk to each other, telling each other their concerns and come to a mutual agreement. 

We have beautiful lines from the books  conveying JH feeling: such a powerful message exactly describing JH’s feeling or exactly both CSH and JH’s situation: “it’s sea’s love to make waves , and it’s my job to think about you.” 

Watching this makes me regret for not reading books a lot like JH , I guess encounter will give encouragement for some people including me to start reading more books. 

The ending when the meet each other again totally describes CSH and JH character so well. I love the camera angle focus on their steps.CSH slowly walked toward JH while JH run quickly toward her , CSH is always calm and reserved while JH is the opposite ; even then we both know how much they miss other.

good job SHK and PBG for doing so well , 

seriously I don’t think anyone can slay these  roles except these two actors.

i watched this with my little one and she told me : mommy, she is so pretty. Hahaha.

Arghhh , SHK, you gain another little fan girl here.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

boyfriend.png

[Boyfriend] Ep 9 spoilers, Park Bo Gum ♥ Song Hye Gyo

Posted on Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum   Song Hye Gyo, reunites in Sok Cho after a month of 'no news' 

1. [+2262,-85]
My tear ducts broke down. It's somehow a thrilling magical-like drama. Park Bo Gum who's acting as Jin Hyuk, Song Hye Gyo as CEO Cha, they all made my heart stop. 

2. [+1858,-44]
When the two hugged each other, there are sea waves and the pages of the book were turning in the background. It felt so much like a scene in a movie. Been a while since I've got myself immersed in a well-made melodrama. It made my heart throb. 

3. [+1361,-38]
It's sad. I teared up. Tomorrow will be Cuba. I'll watch the rerun paying more attention to the details tomorrow. Boyfriend, Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Gyo, fighting. 

4. [+1351,-33]
Ah, I feel bad for Jin Hyuk. He can't go, so he could only wait for Soo Hyun to come back. Park Bo Gum's acting is really good. 

5. [+932,-29]
A really beautiful scene. 

6. [+398,-6]
If the sea's job is about creating waves, my job is about thinking of you. Park Bo Gum's narration made me tear up... 

7. [+381,-10]
It's calming, but the immersion is no joke, really. 

8. [+246,-5]
It's calmingly beautiful. If the sea's job is about creating waves, my job is about thinking of you. 

9. [+240,-7]
I teared up today. The lingering images are amazing.. Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Gyo, thank you for acting in this melodrama. 

boyfriend9.png
Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum to Song Hye Gyo, "No news is good news. Let's have a bet"  

1. [+948,-16]
I hope they start living happy lives quickly.. 

2. [+526,-13]
Their acting skills are amazing. Ah, I'm tearing up. Why are they doing this?

3. [+445,-9]
Let's be happy, Soo Hyun-ah, Jin Hyuk-ah.

4. [+518,-138]
Losing is winning.. In the end, if you want to love, you have to express it... Please stop Park Bo Gum's sad expressions..... 

5. [+238,-5]
Honey is dripping out from Park Bo Gum's eyes. 

6. [+206,-6]
Park Bo Gum ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ He was sweet and then sad.  ㅠㅠㅠ He's funny, but he made me cry too. He does everything... 

7. [+197,-4]
It'd be better if the both live their lovey-dovey lives in Cuba. They won't need to care about others' opinions. 

8. [+152,-5]
Park Bo Gum is so good at acting in melodramas. It's heart fluttering, sweet, and sad. ㅠㅠㅠ

9. [+94,-4]
Looks like their love is a heartrending one. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

I haven't watch epi 9 cz I have to wait until it get subs..but once again thanks a lot for all chingus here to updated us here :lol:

Just only from the translation, I feel the yearning, concern, sadness, between two..SH x JH really have it hard..I think I have to prepare a lot tissues,since there is nobody will wipe my tears like JH wipe SH tears :sweatingbullets:

Based from translation n vid, I can clearly said WS it's not a man that woman want to spend their life with..gave SH things to ease her sadness?really?!!yaahhhh! :angry:

So,may I say that JH going to Cuba for settle his mind there?not becz he relocated there?I hope when the two of them spend their time there,talk about their relationship n what step that they have to take..n their bond will stronger than ever n not very worry anymore about what people said nor their evil surroundings,becz they have each other to support..

Nah,I don't mind it about rating..it still has holiday vibes,so understandable..keep watching chingus,fighting!!!

• Like 10

I really feel bad for WS. I really pity him. He really loves SH. When they talked, it's like they're speaking their hearts out for the first time. I felt the urgency of his confession for SH because he knows he's losing SH to another guy which he didn't expect coming. I wonder why WS can't get it right. How can you not convey what your heart says? He waited this long in order to get it out of his chest. He needed competition to get it out of him. He needed a threat to spell it out all the words he wanted to tell her. No wonder SH can't stand him, she treats his words as non-sense. Still he couldn't tell her he loved her -- she's oblivious to his advances. He's not a bad guy, he just needs to have a back bone this time. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The problem is that WS is only "wise" on paper, and that is because he's rich, handsome, and from a chaebol family. However, he's not shippable with SH because he was never able to make her happy, he never understood her, and he didn't even get how to do so.

However, I did want to write a defense for another character, Hye In. I know that she has a longstanding crush on JH, and that makes her warnings suspect. However, I don't think it's just her crush wanting JH to stop being with SH that's causing her to step in with the warnings. I think from a friend's point of view, SH is bad for JH. It's causing JH to be castigated by all sorts of people, especially people who now want to do him harm as collateral damage to SH. There is also bad press which will lead/has lead to all sorts of character assassinations, and various rumors about JH being a selfish gold-digger by people who don't know him. It's also already caused him material harm in terms of his career being sent from the PR department in the head office down to be a reception desk person at a hotel in a more provincial area. That is a major demotion, any way one looks at it. And, if JH is fired, his notoriety would get in the way of him being hired by another company.  To someone of a practical bent, a relationship with SH brings a lot of potential negatives. Not to mention that if the relationship would ever end, then JH would be left with a lot of emotional damage as well as a distressed career situation. 

@stroppyse

Totally agreed with your comments about ex-husband and HI.

CSH is not a female object who does not love this ex-husband but she should accept him because of his richness and his try to come back after she met another guy...no no to any women.

Plus, I have no feeling that Ex-husband is pity and people should not take his side at all because he has had much more than many people as a chaebol’s only son but he chose to do nothing, even what he tried to offer to CSH in ep9 is still in his safe zone. 

HI thinks as same as others in the society that KJH&CSH’s relationship started harming them, why should they stop now before being much worse ruined. When HI has been asked by CSH, she has just taken such opportunity to tell the truth. 

6 hours ago, charlieblue17 said:

Their NY eve date was kind of perfect.

Every time I think of the bus terminal scene I can't wipe the stupid grin off my face.

And he spoke in banmal to her! As said... perfect

The forced separation was sad but there were some silver linings too:

1. no noble idiocy - they talked and decided on it together

2. I love how much they miss each other 

3. I already talked about how in ep.7 JH was forced to seriously think about what this relationship means to him and consciously chose her with all the baggage. This time it was CH's turn. She thought about all the damage their love would cause (to him in particular) and made the conscious choice to trust that they can handle it.

4. She did the running to him this time round.

I love that it was Mrs Lee who finally pushed her to go. It took exactly one look at CH staring at JH's picture to know that CH loves him too and that they belong together.  I love her wisdom and her lack of judgement. She continues to be my favorite secondary character.

Saving a soft spot for JM, the way he cares about his older brother and their parents is sweet.

When I considered KJH’s life with beloved parents, little brother, childhood friends, and a tea lady, being CSH’s boyfriend might be a unfortunate Encounter in life even this made KJH truly loves a woman and has another kind of happiness from loving each other. 

I totally understand why CSH is hesitate to go on relationship which has harmed KJH. 

6 hours ago, mellinadear said:

JH was lying to SH to make her feel better. She knew he was lying. His "friends" (more like backstabbers) were trying to ruin his image, saying crappy things that weren't true. He was hurting but his everything behind a smile when she called. Truly, that hurt so much to see him look helpless but positive at the same time.

When SH & JH decided to take time off, he wanted to cry but held it in. At that moment, I wanted to hug him and pat his back and say, "dear dear, cry it out. It's ok to cry it all out". 

SH poured her pain out but JH kept his in.

I feel the same, KJH’s try not cry made me wanna run to ask him cry out, no need to endure and keep it because it might hurt you more deeply. 

I truly appreciated Park Bo Gum ‘s and Song Hye Kyo’s amazing acting, how they can create miserable love bird as KJH and CSH in audiences’ world like this.  :wub:

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, yonaomi123 said:

@gumtaek THANK YOU! I had started to worry that it wasn’t ever going to be released! 

Welcome!

Viewers, in the English parlance, are 'over the moon' with the 3-minute hug! Wow, they timed the kiss and now the hug! 3 minutes! Daebak!

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

FINALLY!!! I feel like I've been waiting a month for this episode.

I will say, not taking anything else into consideration regarding the rest of episode 9, the opening scene of the ex-husband seeing the kiss between Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk with the sorrowful music in the background, made my heart break for him.  Later when he was standing in front of the elevator completely broken, I found myself tearing up for him.----that caught me completely off guard.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

It's heart breaking seeing CSH (who is used to holding everything in and almost not showing any emotions) break down like that and KJH in turn (who is used to showing his emotions) holding it in. :tears: It's so frustrating why they can't just say to hell with it all and live a happy life.  

Yes, it breaks my heart that the one who always good at holding things break down and show her emotions while the other one, who always show his feeling, freely tell to the world how he felt, hold it. Just break that door and show the world, I don't want to see them both like that :tears:

Thank you everyone for translating, pictures, gifs and everything.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1