[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Too busy at work right now. I cant wait to go home later and watch Episode 9. Everybody seems to love it and saying the its worth the wait.

I so love the part when CSH arrived at the lighthouse and saw KJH while she was in her car and tears start to well in her eyes. Gosh I remember myself when I miss my boyfriend so much and finally being able to see him. SHK nailed that facial expression. It's so sad and so fulfilling at the same time to finally be able to see and hold the person you're longing for so much.

Again, I want to thank everyone who translated @stroppyse @ahdrianaa , autumnnight and jeonghyang and other people who i forgot to mention. You guys me my day every Wed-Thu! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

SH: Woo Seok-sshi
WS: Whatever it is, I’ll do it all.
SH: Why now? Every time, mother-in-law would punish me for something, you were the who couldn’t say a word and just watched. The ways mother-in-law would make it difficult for me? Now, I don’t even remember them. What I can’t forget is the gaze from you who would just stand silently stand there. After a day like that had passed, you would buy me a bag or jewelry or some other present. That made me feel even more humiliated.

Would you look at that?

When your wife is going through so much, what are you supposed to do? Stand by her.

What did WS do? He kept quiet and bought her bags. Would that solve the problem? NO!

He thought he was doing the right thing but he was so wrong. All she needed for support and for him to stand by her and tell him mum to back off but Woosookie did nothing.

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

WS: When the wind blows, one flutters. It’s okay if you flutter. That wind, don’t fly away in it.

Sweetie, she would fly away. If she doesn't, I will appear to her as a tornado and Blow her further to Mars so you can't reach her. 

Yup, I can do it. For the sake

of her happiness. 

Thanks for the Trans @stroppyse

• Like 14
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 1

‘Encounter’ Spoilers: Song Hye Kyo, Park Bo Gum’s Characters’ Relationship Will Be Tested

By Maolen E.
Jan 02, 2019 06:01 PM
Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum star in tvN's 'Encounter.'Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum star in tvN's 'Encounter.'(Photo: Facebook/tvn.encounter)

Things are not looking good for Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) and Kim Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum). As their romance continue to develop, there are also numerous obstacles that they will have to overcome.

Before that, here is a quick recap (via Drama Beans) of what happened in the eighth episode of tvN's "Encounter." In the said episode, Kim Jin Hyuk was relocated to Donghwa Hotel's branch in Sokcho, Gangwon-Do Province as per Chairman Kim Hwa Jin's (Cha Hwa Yeon) orders.

Upon learning of this, Chief Executive Officer Cha Soo Hyun tried stopping the transfer, but Kim Jin Hyuk insisted and said that doing so will look like favoritism. He stressed: "Let me go, and please wait and see how I make my way back."

In Sokcho, Gangwon-Do Province, Kim Jin Hyuk was assigned at the front desk office - which seems like a step down from his previous position as a public relations (PR) officer. Despite that, he made sure to check on the updates for the main branch's upcoming year-end party.

Later that day, driver Nam Myung Sik showed up in Sokcho to pick up Kim Jin Hyuk. Just when the disc jockey (DJ) informed all the employees to find the person they want to ring in the New Year with, Kim Jin Hyuk arrived at the scene and immediately pulled Cha Soo Hyun out of the room. The two, then, shared a passionate kiss as they reminisce about the time they have spent together in Cuba.

However, things are not looking good for both Cha Soo Hyun and Kim Jin Hyuk. It is said that Chairman Kim Hwa Jin will take the opportunity to end everything - including revoking Cha Soo Hyun's ownership of Donghwa Hotel - in one blow.

It is also likely that Chairman Kim Hwa Jin and Jin Mi Ok (Nam Gi Ae) will do everything they can to get Cha Soo Hyun and Jung Woo Seok (Jang Seung Jo) back together.

"Today's episode will have hearts racing as Cha Soo Hyun and Kim Jin Hyuk's relationship becomes stronger," the production staff of "Encounter" said in a statement obtained by Soompi. "The story will follow the various obstacles that stand in their way, and the process they go through as they try to overcome their hardships. Please give the second half of 'Encounter' your interest and support."

"Encounter" airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 PM (KST) on cable network tvN......© 2018 Business Times All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.......source credit @http://en.businesstimes.cn/articles/106249/20190102/encounter-spoilers-song-hye-kyo-park-bo-gum-characters-relationship-will-be-tested.htm

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

but Woosookie did nothing

Thank you!  His character makes me absolutely furious, and I simply cannot understand all the people who are posting in support of him (another reason I have been avoiding this thread; my temper just couldn't take it anymore).  He's a weak man who doesn't deserve SH.

• Like 15

I have already watched Encounter with English subtitle. 

I really appreciated Park Bo Gum’s and Song Hye Kyo in episode 9 today indeed. 

The scene on telephone btw KJH and CSH after CSH knew her mom visited KJH, PBG&SHK’s acting is superb. 

CSH: How about we take some time to think things over?

(KJH touched his forehead strongly to express his disappointment esp. after CSH’s mom has just looked down him and blame that dating KJH would make CSH get trouble)

KJH: It must be really tough for you..since I am someone ordinary.

(He grinded his teeth. His facial expression made me cry)

Did I put you in a more difficult spot?

CSH: No, it is not that.I’m just afraid that you might get hurt.

KJH: Don’t be scared.

CSH: The closer I get to you, the more your lufe seems to shake. 

It makes me hesitate.

KJH: Why don’t we do this? No news is good news.

Since we’re both well, we won’t call each other. 

Let’s try spending some time that way.

Let’s see who can last longer.

We can make a bet on it.

CSH: It’s be sad to win, and hurtful to lose. Let’s try this bet.

(KJH tried to not cry but his eyes were so red while CSH cried)

{They have stopped any contact for a month.}

This scene has been portrayed perfectly. 

Scriptwriter nim and PD nim, I can bear any scenes because I wanna watch more Park Bo Gum’s and Song Hye Kyo’s amazing acting to create Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyun exist in melodrama world realistically. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

I haven't even seen it yet but from reading @stroppyse's and @ahdrianaa's translations I feel like crying :tears:

25 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

{They have stopped any contact for a month.}

I cant believe that they actually stopped all communications for a month! 

28 minutes ago, thistle said:

Thank you!  His character makes me absolutely furious, and I simply cannot understand all the people who are posting in support of him (another reason I have been avoiding this thread; my temper just couldn't take it anymore).  He's a weak man who doesn't deserve SH.

Slow down girl. haha You cant blame others. WS is actually a wise choice because she won't be having any issues from all sides. Everyone will be happy except CSH. Now, dont get me wrong. I don't ship WS, im just trying to explain why others would think CSH is better off with him. :phew:

• Like 3

So now we know— directly from SH’s mouth that during her marriage with WS, she felt like she was in a coma. He didn’t do anything to protect her. He just stood there with weak eyes and let her suffer. Instead, he tried to make it up to her by giving luxurious gifts, which made her feel more pitiful. I think what really counted on JH’s traits that made her decide to give it a try was his courage. The moment JH stepped up for her during the uncomfortable encounter at the lobby, that’s when SH saw him in a different light. He’s a man. He knows what he wants and can decide right there and then. He may be young, but he goes after what he wants. Aside from his charm, good looks, he’s awesome. Too bad he isn’t rich. You really can’t have it all, can you?

I loved the opening scenes. Really gave balance to the heavy scenes that came after. 

Helpless... frustrated... trapped...

happiness is a choice. But how can you choose when your whole life will be shaken? And what’s worse, is that it will affect the one you love. Life is a dilemma. We are all lonely, looking for something worthwhile to fill the void. 

You and me against the world. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

52 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

just trying to explain why others would think CSH is better off with him. :phew:

You can try to explain it 50 different ways but I will still see WS as a weak man who let SH down.  He is weak because he has allowed his mother to rule him.  His current actions show that he really has Not changed.  He's still trying to use the back door to sneak into a relationship with SH without understanding who she is and what she wants.  JH knows how to face her head on; that's the kind of man she wants next to her.

I really did not need to be corrected on this point but thanks for trying.

• Like 17

I just get watching the scene of SH and WS....I feel with SH when she said ex Mil was giving SH had times, punished Her and  She didn’t remember much more but she still remembered WS was just being there and didn’t do anything :tears: ...why WS? You were her husband, It must hurt SH so badly, much more worse than those punishing ex Mil gave her...:tears:

• Like 14
  • Sad 3

바다가 바다의 일이라면 
너를 사랑하는 것은 나의 일이니가.

The job of the sea is making waves... loving every minute of Encounter is mine.

Ep.9 thoughts:

Their new year eve date was kind of perfect.

Every time I think of the bus terminal scene I can't wipe the stupid grin off my face.

And he spoke in banmal to her! As said... perfect

The forced separation was sad but there were some silver linings too:

1. no noble idiocy - they talked and decided on it together

2. I love how much they miss each other 

3. I already talked about how in ep.7 JH was forced to seriously think about what this relationship means to him and consciously chose her with all the baggage. This time it was SH's turn. She thought about all the damage their love would cause (him in particular) and made the conscious choice to trust that they can handle it.

4. She did the running to him this time round.

I love that it was Mrs Lee who finally pushed her to go. It took exactly one look at SH staring at JH's picture to know that SH loves him too and that they belong together.  (I love her wisdom and her lack of judgement. She continues to be my favorite secondary character.)

Except for CH's mum who is still her usual horrid self I love that everyone else acts like normal sensible adults. I like CH's dad and how he objectively lays out the pros and cons. I thought he would be straight team JH but he is really team CH - what he wants is her happy and he'll have no problem with the relationship as long as she is happy. Actually I imagine JH's mum will have a very similar position. They'll both take convincing that this relationship will make their respective kid happy on the long run, but once convinced they'll support them all the way.

Saving a soft spot for JM, the way he cares about his older brother and their parents is sweet.

I finally feel a sliver of pity for WS: in his meeting with SH he behaved like a poor little alien who has no clue about love in general or SH in particular. He can't seem to understand what he did wrong and why things can't just go back to normal. More importantly he does not get that his normal is SH's idea of hell. Not sure what this will mean going forward. The good news is that his mum finally gave up on the idea of forcing them to reconcile. Yay!

Lastly: I wonder why JH was so reluctant to go back to Seoul - is he avoiding his mother and the unavoidable explaining he has to do? Or is it that he is scared that if he gets to Seoul he won't be able to stop himself from running straight into her arms?

Talked out for now, back to rewatching the car kiss and grinning like a fool.:relaxed:

PS: forgot one very important thing :

given how sweet JH was with the little girl, he will make an amazing father. PBG is not my type, by my heart swayed a little seeing JH in that one scene.

PPS: JH can hide a world of hurt behind a smile, but when they are together and things are ok (e.g. after the kiss) he goes back to flashing those honest ginormous Cuba smiles, the smiles from when the world was simple and he had no real troubles. If she is there he is happy. And that's that.

PPPS: Some character I can't really remember said once that if you live your life right then no malicious gossip can touch you. Any person who has actually spent more than 5min with JH would know the kind of person he is. Same goes for CSH. They are thoroughly decent people and I have hope that in this fictional world that will prove to be enough. 

PPPPS: I love that they now can joke about what used to be a serious barrier in their relationship; like when she asked him if she is a bad boss for making him work on Jan1st; by now him calling her 대표님 sounds like a term of endearment. They are just so cute together I can't even...

• Like 18
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, thistle said:

He is weak because he has allowed his mother to rule him

Soooo WooSeok is the real "mama's boy" in this drama?  Not JinHyuk after all? :yum:

@charlieblue17 I think it's both?  JinHyuk cares about his parents and how his involvement with a chaebol is going to affect them and their quiet lives.  And he also is still yearning for SooHyun.  He can't go back to Seoul until he and SooHyun have worked out whether or not to stay together.  Going back prematurely might hurt SooHyun rather than help her.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

During that phone scene, I won't lie, I cried. It hurts so so much. When I watched with subs, I cried again.

It got to the point that I paused, cried a little & made muffled sounds on my pillow. 

JH was lying to SH to make her feel better. She knew he was lying. His "friends" (more like backstabbers) were trying to ruin his image, saying crappy things that weren't true. He was hurting but his everything behind a smile when she called. Truly, that hurt so much to see him look helpless but positive at the same time.

When SH & JH decided to take time off, he wanted to cry but held it in. At that moment, I wanted to hug him and pat his back and say, "dear dear, cry it out. It's ok to cry it all out". 

SH poured her pain out but JH kept his in.

James Baldwin said,

"Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up".

• Like 18
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, thistle said:

I really did not need to be corrected on this point but thanks for trying.

No ones gonna correct you here. :lol:

28 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, I know you're not shipping him.

Thank you for actually understanding my post. :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think it's just that I don't really understand why anyone would be shipping SH with her ex at this point. I

You'd be surprised. I saw a couple of ig posts about WS. They are sympathizing him. :ph34r: Saying why choose the high way when the way to WS path is not as hard as KJH's path. Plus he's handsome. Again, this is not from my mouth but from someone elses posts. :tounge_xd:

12 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

During that phone scene, I won't lie, I cried. It hurts so so much. When I watched with subs, I cried again.

It got to the point that I paused, cried a little & made muffled sounds on my pillow. 

Ditto.. I think I'm gonna need a glass of wine when I get home.. My heart is just too heavy right now. :cold_sweat:

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think it's just that I don't really understand why anyone would be shipping SH with her ex at this point. I mean the bottom line is that she doesn't love him, regardless of how he might feel about her. Even knowing that he loves her and lying to her about him loving someone else as a mechanism to earn her some freedom isn't going to cause SH to love him. Putting aside that she loves JH now, the important point is that she doesn't love WS. So why should she re-commit herself to a loveless marriage, especially one that was a nightmare for her the first time around?

7 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

You'd be surprised. I saw a couple of ig posts about WS. They are sympathizing him. :ph34r: Saying why choose the high way when the way to WS path is not as hard as KJH's path. Plus he's handsome. Again, this is not from my mouth but from someone elses posts. :tounge_xd:

^^^If it were the old SooHyun she might re-marry WooSeok because it would benefit her family... That's essentially what she did the first time, is it not?  So, apologies if I'm putting incorrect words into the mouths of SooHyun/WooSeok shippers, I think that some the folks who ship SooHyun/WooSeok are ultimately viewing it from the standpoint of "what would allow SooHyun to live a quiet and outwardly stress free life".  With this sympathetic WooSeok who only has eyes for SooHyun, maybe love will blossom between them for real. 

Do I want her to do something like this?  No way :tears:.  Do I think that considering how public she and JinHyuk have been that remarriage would be a politically savvy move?  Not really.  It would look like she'd been strong-armed into it (again), and rather than gaining her father votes, it would backfire.  It's hard to re-build a so-called "fairytale" when the princess is off on an adventure of her own...

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, yonaomi123 said:

Do I want her to do something like this?  No way :tears:.  Do I think that considering how public she and JinHyuk have been that remarriage would be a politically savvy move?  Not really.  It would look like she'd been strong-armed into it (again), and rather than gaining her father votes, it would backfire.  It's hard to re-build a so-called "fairytale" when the princess is off on an adventure of her own..

I like the last line and I agree. I cannot imagine CSH going back to WS.  And I am quite confident that she wont. Everyone can see how they (KJH&CSH) are madly in love with each other. It's heart breaking seeing CSH (who is used to holding everything in and almost not showing any emotions) break down like that and KJH in turn (who is used to showing his emotions) holding it in. :tears: It's so frustrating why they can't just say to hell with it all and live a happy life.  :heartbreak:

• Like 13

38 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

However, I did want to write a defense for another character, Hye In. I know that she has a longstanding crush on JH, and that makes her warnings suspect. However, I don't think it's just her crush wanting JH to stop being with SH that's causing her to step in with the warnings. I think from a friend's point of view, SH is bad for JH. It's causing JH to be castigated by all sorts of people, especially people who now want to do him harm as collateral damage to SH. There is also bad press which will lead/has lead to all sorts of character assassinations, and various rumors about JH being a selfish gold-digger by people who don't know him. It's also already caused him material harm in terms of his career being sent from the PR department in the head office down to be a reception desk person at a hotel in a more provincial area. That is a major demotion, any way one looks at it. And, if JH is fired, his notoriety would get in the way of him being hired by another company.  To someone of a practical bent, a relationship with SH brings a lot of potential negatives. Not to mention that if the relationship would ever end, then JH would be left with a lot of emotional damage as well as a distressed career situation. It's also true that HI as JH's friend probably doesn't care about SH or the damage that she might suffer. Actually, given that SH is seen as being beautiful, rich, and powerful, HI probably thinks that SH wouldn't take much damage at all, and would happily go on living her beautiful, rich, powerful life.

Thank you for saying this a million times more eloquently than I could have!!  In my mind, HyeIn and Secretary Jang are these great mirror images of each other.  Both are strong supporters of their friends, both have no problem speaking their mind when they perceive something as a threat.  They take their care to such a level that they're willing to confront whatever they see as the source of the issue, face to face.  They're these fierce mama bears... and I'm kind of glad I've not made any RL friends who are quite at this level of protective! 

But for SooHyun it must be nice (some of the time) to have a friend like that at her back.  Especially considering how she was raised.  For JinHyuk, I think it's nice that he as at least one true friend that won't sway in the wind with every rumour she hears.  Though I still hope she and JinHyuk have a frank talk about everything, and he asks her to rein her protectiveness in, just a bit. 

• Like 7