[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

6 hours ago, yonaomi123 said:

I hadn’t realized before now that it wasnt JinHyuk who confessed first— it was SooHyun.  And it was perfectly tailored to him, artist that he is.

Nice catch, before, I wonder what makes jh so brave to come after his bigboss, driving all night long just to say that he misses her, just because the song? Really? Now I get it, thanks to you for making my question answered.:wub:

• Like 8

7 hours ago, yonaomi123 said:

So I’ve just started episode 4 of my too-many-times-to-count rewatch and I feel like I’ve had one of those lightbulb Eureka moments...

I hadn’t realized before now that it wasnt JinHyuk who confessed first— it was SooHyun.  And it was perfectly tailored to him, artist that he is.  Nothing so straightforward as calling him, but instead reaching out across the distance between them through song.  I’m sure by that point SooHyun had already looked up the translation of the lyrics and knew exactly what the words meant that she was sending him, on top of the fact that it was a song specific to the two of them.  

No wonder JinHyuk is almost bursting with this overly pleased with himself energy, in the wake of telling SooHyun he missed her (too).  

@yonaomi123: What took Kim Jin Hyuk only several seconds to catch on took us a little less than a month to do so! :DThis is not only a "Eureka" moment for you but for all of us! It's so true! It was Cha Soo Hyun who confessed first! She confessed in a manner which is in keeping with her character! This is the DRAMA OF REVERSALS AFTER ALL! This fully rationalizes Kim Jin Hyuk's "madman behavior" of rousing from bed at past 3am, incessantly banging (not knocking) at the gate of Dae Chan hyung until he woke up, to get his truck and make the 2-hour trip to Sokcho in the wee hours of the morning! 

Cha Soo Hyun admitted through that Radio Song request alluding to a yearning, that she likes him! Understandably, Kim Jin Hyuk went crazy! This is what sets apart Kim Jin Hyuk from most guys....HE CAN TOTALLY READ HIS WOMAN! I don't mean to put down men in general (Sorry, @larrysouth and the others guys in the thread!) but there is a great tendency for men to be dense as far as understanding/decoding what women say and do. This is a major reason for fall-outs in relationships. Fortunately, our Kim Jin Hyuk is an expert in this. This is reason why he could confidently make a straightforward confession to Cha Soo Hyun!

Whoa, this drama is totally not for lazy viewers! 

@yonaomi123: Thank you for drawing to our attention a totally awesome detail about the drama and our JinSoo Couple!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 More K-Dramas Of 2018 You Shouldn’t Miss

5 More K-Dramas Of 2018 You Shouldn’t Miss

Dec 29, 2018

Here we are at the end of the year, reminiscing about all the wonderful K-dramas that we were able to watch this past year – and mind you, there were a lot. To add to the previous article written in the first half of 2018, here are another five titles to add. If you haven’t watched them already, it’s the perfect time during this holiday season to add them to your list!

Warning: Spoilers for the dramas ahead.

The Smile Has Left Your Eyes

the-smile-has-elft-your-eyes.jpg

Starring Seo In Guk as Kim Moo Young and Jung So Min as Yoo Jin Kang, “The Smile Has Left Your Eyes” is definitely different from any K-drama you’ll watch this year. Moo Young is a man with a lot of baggage who does not know the truth about what happened to his parents when he was a child. He meets and falls in love with Yoo Jin Kang, and although her initial impression of him is pretty negative, she comes to fall in love with him, too. Jin Kang also being adopted as a child by her older brother (played by Park Sung Woong) plays into the entangled web of mystery that lies in their past.

seo-in-guk.jpg

The main lead character is far from the traditional lovable and romantic leads, but I couldn’t help but be super impressed with Seo In Guk’s acting! And although his character isn’t very likeable, the story is so oddly intriguing that you can’t help but watch it until the end. It’ll suck you in with its unpredictability. The mystery behind both Seo In Guk and Jung So Min’s characters and how the two are connected will have you invested and anticipating the next episodes. It’s definitely a must watch!

Start watching “The Smile Has Left Your Eyes”:

WATCH NOW

Encounter

encounter3.jpg

This series isn’t over yet, but it’s good enough so far to earn a spot on this list. “Encounter” tells the story of the CEO of a hotel named Cha Soo Hyun (played by Song Hye Kyo) and an employee at the hotel named Kim Jin Hyuk (played by Park Bo Gum). The two meet in Cuba and share a magical night together, but discover that they are from totally different worlds when they are reunited by fate in Seoul. They embark on a relationship that is ill-fated, but with the cute dates and romantic advances from Jin Hyuk, you’re bound to fall in love with the series from the start!

It’s a simple love story. A love story about a man who falls in love with a woman trapped behind her status, desperate to break free. Although it’s a trope we’ve all been over-exposed to, this particular series has a simplicity that takes your breath away. If not only for the star-studded cast of Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum, the cinematography and production value alone will leave you in awe. The subtle screen shots of the two main leads in their romantic adventure is poetic in itself. It’s the perfect series to watch for this holiday season and I foresee this being a holiday classic for years to come!

Start watching “Encounter”:

WATCH NOW

Just Between Lovers

just-between-lovers.jpg

Another melodrama to add to the list, “Just Between Lovers” stars Junho as Lee Kang Doo and Won Jin Ah as Ha Moon Soo, two adults who fall in love with each other while also learning that they were both involved in a tragic incident as children. This drastically altered the path of their future and where their lives were leading. Through this revelation, they find solace in each other and try to make the best life they can by being there for each other.

I had initially thought that the series was about a bad boy who falls in love with a good girl, but the complex characters and depth add so much more to the series. There was so much emotion and turmoil involved on the part of both the characters that is shown through various scenic shots. It’s an emotional ride, but one that’s totally worth the watch. You’ll appreciate Junho’s ever natural acting abilities as well as the sweet and endearing charm of Won Jin Ah.

Start watching “Just Between Lovers”:

WATCH NOW

About Time

about-time-.jpg

“About Time” is a series that will have you on the edge of your seat through and through! Starring Lee Sung Kyung as Choi Michaela and Lee Sang Yoon as Lee Do Ha, the drama involves the story of Michaela who is able to see how much time a person has left to live in their life. It’s a concept that might seem cool, but it ends up being pretty heartbreaking. She falls in love with the rich and stubborn Lee Do Ha who she knows she must stay away from. Queue the two lovers who are desperate to be together but are in a race against time.

It took only the first episode to get emotionally invested in this series. I found myself getting totally sympathizing and somewhat relating to the female lead. Prior to watching it, the synopsis already sounded intriguing but the fact that my girl-crush, Lee Sung Kyung, was starring in it had me sold. I loved how the series was able to show the fragility of life and how desperate Lee Sung Kyung’s character was to live just one more day, one more minute. Her passion to achieve her dreams as well as fulfill her true love was so heartbreaking. The storyline is also pretty unique in the K-drama world, which is always a risk, but in this case it is a total win!

lee-sung-kyung.gif

sbs

Start watching “About Time”:

WATCH NOW

“Clean With Passion For Now”

Although this series is also not completed yet, I thought I’d add something light to this list of heavy melodramas. “Clean With Passion For Now” is a light-hearted and cute series starring Yoon Kyun Sang and Kim Yoo Jung. Jang Sun Gyeol (Yoon Kyun Sang) has a serious case of OCD as a result of neglect and abuse from when he was a child. He meets Gil Oh Sol (Kim Yoo Jung) who is the complete opposite of him – poor and not that hygienic. She ends up working for him in his cleaning company and the two form an uncanny connection.

clean-with-passion-for-now2.jpg

So far this series is enjoyable to watch mainly because it’s not intense and the characters and actors who play these characters are all so charming! I was a bit apprehensive about the two main leads as there’s not only a massive height difference, but a pretty big age gap. Regardless, the characters that the two play are enough to stay invested. Song Jae Rim, who plays a psychiatrist named Choi Gun is the second-lead in this series and if there’s any reason to watch this drama, it’s this character because you’re pretty much guaranteed a bad case of second-lead syndrome. Him and his suits.

clean-with-passion-for-now.png

It’s also surprising how deep this drama goes into Sun Gyeol and his OCD. His mental health is not all that stable and there is a lot of support the character gets in terms of getting help and treatment for his condition. It’s not merely a character who is “super clean,” but there’s a root cause for it and the series also focuses on his healing process, which is surprising but cool. All in all, there’s a lot to look forward to in this series and you’ll find yourself falling in love with all of the characters!

clean-with-passion-for-now-11.jpg

Good bye, 2018! Looking forward to the dramas to come in 2019!

Hey Soompiers, what were some of your favorite K-dramas this past year? Let me know in the comments below!

binahearts is a Soompi writer whose ultimate biases are Song Joong Ki and BIGBANG. She can often be seen singing her heart out at karaoke, walking her dog, or indulging in desserts. Make sure you follow binahearts on Instagram as she journeys through her latest Korean crazes!

Currently watching: “Clean With Passion For Now,” “Memories of the Alhambra” and “Encounter
All-time favorite dramas: “Secret Garden,” “Goblin,” “Because This Is My First Life,” “Star In My Heart
Looking forward to: Won Bin‘s return to the small screen and Song Joong Ki‘s next drama.....source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1279327wpp/5-k-dramas-2018-shouldnt-miss

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

My theory on what was written on the note is....

He probably asked her her name, number and whether they could meet again?

I just noticed in the first episode that they didn’t even exchange names

He said he didn’t want it to look like he helped her as an excuse to get her number, right? So maybe he wanted to ask her all along and thought having breakfast with her would be the perfect opportunity

• Like 7

boyfriend-main-4-800x445.jpg

'Boyfriend' gets a warm response from the audience through the 9th teaser episode ... 'Park Bo Gum Reunion ♥ Song Hye kyo in Cuba?' 

Amid the breakup of Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum in 'Boyfriend, a teaser from the 9th episode has been released raising the expectations of the audience for their love story.

On December 26, TVN drama 'Boyfriend' released a teaser video titled 'There is no life that goes according to what people expect' he wrote.

Cha Soo Hyun (played by Song Hye) calls on Kim Jin Hyuk (played by Park Bo Gum) after the personal story of Jin Hyuk is widespread. Cha Soo Hyun then announces that he is on the verge of breaking up with Kim Jin Hyuk.

boyfriend-3-2.jpgimage source: tvN

Cha Soo Hyun thanks to the fact that "I had guessed about this" but he showed his concern by saying "I doubt because I feel Jin Hyuk's daily life is getting shaken up the more I approach him" he said

Cha Soo Hyun cries but Kim Jin Hyuk runs over to him. "I think it's very unfortunate that we have to go to a path that is determined by someone else. But life is nothing like that, "said the narration of Kim Jin Hyuk and the two met again in Cuba. The teaser video ends with Cha Soo Hyun and Kim Jin Hyuk facing each other and Kim Jin Hyuk smiling at him.

boyfriend-1-4.jpgimage source: tvN

Previously Kim Jin Hyuk, who was transferred to the Sokcho hotel because of his love for Cha Soo Hyun, met and kissed each other at the year-end celebration party. Both of them seem increasingly entwined in a romance that seems difficult but both never gave up, their second reunion in Cuba through a released teaser made the audience look forward to the continuation of their second story.....source credit @http://id.castko.com/archives/82208

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, twtwb said:

Their first moment together

@NongpeeP observed that it was Cha Soo Huyn who made the first move and started initial interactions with Kim Jin Hyuk and that it was only after these moves and the ramyeon news that Kim Jin Hyuk had interest in Cha Soo Huyn and made his own moves. This is an interesting observation, but that's not really what I see.

I'm not sure when Cha Soo Huyn and Kim Jin Hyuk first saw each other. I think the upcoming episodes will shed more lights and give us a specific answer on this. They might have seen each other for the first time at their university in Korea. Or they might have passed each other earlier on a street in Seoul. But we all know that Havana was  where they had their first real encounter and spent the first moment together and, for me, they both developed mutual interest in each other right from their first encounter. 

It was because their initial feelings were mutual that their first moments together became more beautiful and meaningful.

Kim Jin Hyuk paid attention to Cha Soo Huyn as soon as he captured her in his camera. We are not sure whether he followed her to the sunset viewpoint, or more likely, it was mere a coincidence as he was heading there anyway, but it was quite clear that he continued to pay attention to her, otherwise he would not be able to catch her right when she dozed off and almost fell down (without it they wouldn’t have had their first encounter).

The way he looked at her when she was awake told us that he was already enchanted. I cannot blame him, I would totally be enchanted if I were there with her. And I can totally feel that he was sincere when he said his shoulders were lucky (yes they were). 

When Cha Soo Huyn looked at the sunset and said "it is beautiful", the way he looked at her again told us that he was thinking inside "you are beautiful".

His interest became even clearer when he gave her his phone and played that romantic song for her as the sun was setting beautifully in front of them above the sea and people were dancing behind them. I don’t think he would have had done this if he had not have any interest. 

The guy is however mature and respectful as he decided to leave to give her some privacy when he noted that she was in some deep and emotional thought [about her past and present struggles].

At that point we started to see more Cha Soo Huyn's smile, which was so rare in the previous scenes, and that was when she started to ask to borrow some money for beer, to which he very eagerly agreed (It was quite clear that he did not really want to leave. The guy could not hide his smile and could not help saying that she was adorable. He was actually so relieved that he had saved some money so that he could use for that moment).

And she was adorably happy after hearing from him that she was adorable. When she looked upon him and shyly turned away as soon as he caught her eyes (with a smile) and when she wondered about his age and commented that he was like a green grape, I know for sure that she had interest in him.

It was one of the most romantic and charming yet adorable and subtle first encounter ever.

I wish the couple and all members of the thread a wonderful new year.

Omgggg , you wrote exactly what I thought. Thank you so much.

In episode 1, JH when he first saw CSH , he couldn’t take the eyes of her.

Also, when he picked up her shoes; he was thinking: “is she celebrity, did I meet her somewhere?” Which may hint us that they probably have met in the past.

He was the one that suggesting to meet up at the cafe the next day because he definitely want to spend more time with her and want to know her more.

However, CSH also really attracted to JH at the same time as she also wanted to see him again , but miss the chance in Cuba; however she treasured her moments with him as by keeping the shoes he bought for her together with her luxury shoes and the watch she wore when she met him in a special place.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

한상수ff
남자친구 보고 오신분 손!!

FABY S

Por fin ......una canción para un drama que si entiendo y los coreanos no (encounter)

Wimna tc
encounter bring me to here ☺️

happy to see all those comments that Encounter makes the song more popular.  Thanks @stardustvoid for posting the song title and lyrics so i could able to search the original song and poster version too.  we could spend our time reading all those comments while waiting the drama.

Again, thanks for those who contributed the thread by detail analysis, discussion, update,  makes our thread very enjoyable one.

• Like 8

OK, firstly, can we please not bring in other dramas here? And a long post at that too. We should just show our love for "Boyfriend" in this thread. One can always extract the relevant information and share it here....  Promoting other dramas here is not a good idea for our beloved drama.

In any relationship or even pre-relationship, mutual interest comes first, before any confession of love can be made. My thoughts in a nutshell:

1) KJH first saw CSH through his lens. He is interested enough to 'stare' at her in wonder

2) CSH nearly fell off the ledge; KJH jumped to her rescue - assumption here is he's pretty near to observe her condition and came to her rescue quickly- he must have been observing her for some reason

3) CSH became conscious and stared at KJH in a daze. She was confused why she was leaning on his shoulder. She knew him from the broken camera incident right there. That's why she asked "Is there something you need from me?". She could have thought about the earlier compensation that he rejected.

4) KJH saw her expression at the lovely sunset and wanted to enhance her experience by sharing the sentimental song which suits the ambience perfectly;

5) CSH asked for money for beer, food, coffee, salsa etc. It has to do with the magic of the moment - beautiful sunset, freedom and good company of a nice young man - To me, she's expressing curiosity and she had said that she can't sleep if she is curious. There's something about KJH that caught her attention since she saw him dancing with the little girl from her car.

6) They enjoyed each other's company obviously, enough to dance and be themselves.

7) They like each other on sight - as evidenced by their reluctance to leave each other immediately after the dance; enough for CSH to ask for KJH's phone contact and enough for KJH to ask her for breakfast the next day. They were both clinging at the last straw to see each other again.

8) At the airport, they encountered each other again. It's destiny. CSH offered to by him a business class air ticket and KJH politely refused, even though he would have wanted to see her again but he did not want to be misunderstood. 

9) CSH accepted his explanation and walked away, but not before we were treated to her urgent turning up at the cafe 2 hours ago. She did not deem it necessary to tell KJH and I think it's because her reticence is inculcated through her controlled life. She accepted things as they were, just like she is conditioned to. A pity. 

10) When KJH got the job offer at her hotel, the emotions he had were unspeakable. He could not believe that they would meet again. I can safely add that one of the feelings must be happiness, aside from incredulous.

11) When their eyes met at the welcome speech by CSH, both looked really happy to see each other

12) When CSH requested to play the Cuba song on radio, it was a gesture of gratitude to KJH for her beautiful Cuba experience with him, as well as to let him know that she's taking up his suggestion on the radio app and possibly assure him that she's doing fine.

The above scenarios are not confessions of love to me. It tells me that they are deeply attracted to each other, as any two persons of the opposite sex would be before they get to know each other well enough to enter into a relationship. Those are signs of interest to find out more about each other, and looking for opportunities to carry on where they left in Cuba. At this time, it's premature to say who confessed to whom because it's clearly an attraction. 

Spoiler

KJH asked the tea lady if she thinks CSH will accept him if he confesses after the lady asked him if CSH was his girlfriend. I would say logically, his confession would be that he likes her at that point. By introducing CSH to his valued friend, she's obviously special to him. As for CSH, she had told him frankly that she thought she could hold back but there she was.....that is a confession that she wanted to see him again. To me, "Where, in what form, shall we meet again" were thoughts in their minds subconsciously and that drove both of them back to the painting under the Naebu expressway. Her car ran out of fuel nearby. He was already home. I'd say that they both have that amazing mental connection that could only come from their YEARNING to be with each other.

Yes, YEARNING; Longing to see each other; to be with each other; to spend time with each other.

It's this Yearning that leads them to wanting to enter into a pre-relationship with each other. 

"I learned what love is through a book

Right. So this is what love is;

This is what happens when I fall in love.

Thanks to you, it's so clear to me

What love is"

- KJH to CSH

This is where KJH confesses his love to CSH indirectly, after seeing clearly, what love is, thanks to her. It's not just his imagination from the books; it's real love. Only when he experiences real love, then he can confess. Previously, he wasn't sure what that feeling was when he rescued her and owned up as the ramyeon guy.

Since it's thanks to her, I can safely conclude that CSH has, in her own subtle ways, been showing him what love is, by not holding herself back for him. It's not a one-off confession from her. It's written in all her fighting against her old self and summoning her courage to change and protect him, possibly at all costs in future too. It's through her thoughts and actions that she expresses her love for KJH. She's able to do so because she's the more experienced one.

Love for them is a process that both went through in their mutual journey of discovery of each other's feelings. At some point, it became mutual and that's where the beauty of being in love lies. It carries beautiful memories and the excitement of what's to come. It also gives strength and courage to be there to support each other;

"We can both overcome anything

With these good memories"

A profound connection indeed.

Btw, my guess as to why KJH mentioned that CSH looked familiar at the start - it could be that he had seen her picture when he was applying for the job with Donghwa Hotel earlier....or because CSH's dad was standing for election, and CSH was also caught up with all the publicity so her photos were splashed all over too...or they might have really just crossed path without even glancing at each other.....the magical wonder of destiny.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jl08 said:

10) When KJH got the job offer at her hotel, the emotions he had were unspeakable. He could not believe that they would meet again. I can safely add that one of the feelings must be happiness, aside from incredulous.

Can I just add that KJH was also worried that CSH might think that the reason why he was too eager to help her that night was because he knew she was the CEO of the company he applied for as what he said when they met in the playground. At first I was kind of confused why KJH’s face looked like he was worried (the surprise is written in his face but also he looked like he did something wrong) when he found out that he got the job in the very company of the girl he had so much fun with that night in Cuba. Good thing he explained it to her in the playground. :D

• Like 13

@twtwb  and @gumtaek your both analysis give me gosebumbs all over, my mind went to the first episode while reading your analysis, I smile by myself and people surrounded me wonder what I have read :lol:

Definitely this drama is not for "lazy viewer" we have to pay attention to every detail on it, and if rewatch we will find the meaning of  every move, gestures, words and even the painting hanging on the wall just like @bebebisous33 always observes. I love you all guys, my big hug for all of you on this thread. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, krisan said:

Definitely this drama is not for "lazy viewer" we have to pay attention to every detail on it, and if rewatch we will find the meaning of  every move, gestures, words and even the painting hanging on the wall just like @bebebisous33 always observes. I love you all guys, my big hug for all of you on this thread. 

Correct. It’s a drama so well defined and so particular that you had to watch it again to fully appreciate everything. :love:

• Like 8

@jl08I agree with you that, strictly speaking, CSH's request to have Omara Portuondo's song "Si llego a Besarte" be played over the radio was not a formal love Confession to Jin Hyuk.

I will have to disagree, however, (let's agree to disagree, ok?:)) with point 12 in your post that it was simply a gesture of gratitude toward Jin Hyuk.

I will support this point with lines from the scene after Jin Hyuk made the impulsive and reckless (recklessness is a characteristic of love) move to return to Sokcho after hearing the song played over the radio and he concluding that it was Ms. Cha who requested it.

The next scene shows us CSH going over the words of Jin Hyuk's favorite poem, "Yearning"

There are roads I want to take

When I'm told not to

There are people I want to see

When we agreed not to

There are things I want to do more

When I am told not to

That is life and yearning

That is you.

Note that when the song was being played over the radio, the DJ mentioned the word "yearning". That's too much of a coincidence, right? It's plausible that that word was part of the message CSH relayed to the DJ when she made the song request.

Fast forward to the scene where both CSH and KJH were in the restaurant eating...

CSH: Why did you come here?

KJH: (I skipped his first line) The music we listened together was on the radio.

( My comment: Cha Soo Hyun, you were caught, girl!:D)

CSH: (looked disconcerted and made the motion to take a spoonful of the rice soup and attempted to change the topic) "The broth taste better at this place."

JH: (was not to be sidetracked) "Ms. Cha, what should our relationship be like?"

My comment: I admit that I failed to read correctly CSH's act of requesting the Cuban song over the radio and connect it to Jin Hyuk's "Yearning". What I failed to do, Jin Hyuk deftly did, that's why he asked her the question! He realized that CSH missed him! Otherwise, why would he bolt out of bed and go through the trouble of going to Sokcho at 3am? The song request was a cry of yearning of CSH for KJH! It was not a formal confession of love, true, but it was a confession of her yearning for him. It was not just gratitude, although that was part of it. The title and the lyrics of the song can attest to this.

Now CSH may be direct in doing business but not so with expressing her feelings, particularly with feelings of love. KJH who's adept in human psychology knows this fully well and this is the reason why he posed that question. He read the message behind CSH's song request gesture and this was what prompted him to ask CSH the question: "What should our relationship be like?"

CSH: You and I are just a boss and an employee.

JH: (My comment: He was not fooled by that answer) "I also thought about it on the way here. Why am I coming all the way here to see the CEO of my company? I grew up as a responsible son and I grew mature after enlisting in the army. But why am I rushing to see you? Our relationship seemed a bit unclear. (Kim Jin Hyuk is making Cha Soo Hyuk face herself to ask herself the hard question: Why did I make that Cuban Song request, leaving a message of loneliness and yearning?)

CSH: Kim Jin Hyuk...your choice of words

KJH: I came because I missed you. I wanted to see you.

CSH: (stunned  silence)

and the last 3 lines of "Yearning" were shown

There are roads I want to take when I'm told not to

That is life and yearning.

That is you.

JH: That's why I came.

KJH was guiding CSH to understand the motive of her action, i.e. radio song request, by using his own action of going back to Sokcho and spelling it out his motive---after he has wrestled with himself about it--- to her: "Because I missed you."

Yes it was not a direct formal confession of love but it is safe to say that CSH's was an indirect confession of yearning for Jin Hyuk. So between the two, @yonaomi123 had a point when she said CSH confessed 1st, indirectly, that is, without perhaps realizing that what she had was a yearning for KJH.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Quote from Soompi article that @gigivillaceran kindly shared: "They (Jinsoo) embark on a relationship that is ill-fated." I hope not! The comparisons to the bittersweet film 'Roman Holiday' also make me uneasy. What I'm hoping will happen in this drama is what BIMFL did to the ending of the film 'The Graduate.' I always hated the ending of that film where the lovers escape together  but then stare straight ahead silent and alone sitting in the back of the bus. BIMFL nods to 'The Graduate 'throughout the drama but rewrites its ending:  The lovers,  their friends and child, sit happily in the back of the bus laughing and loving forward into the future together. Hoping 'Encounter' reverses/rewrites the ending of 'Roman Holiday' that way, no rigid self-sacrificing calls to duty, no bittersweet sadness for a love that could not be. Just two people who find one another and determinedly laughingly continue against all odds  into the future together. Besides, as I think @jl08 pointed out some pages back they're too beautiful not to be together.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Can I just add that KJH was also worried that CSH might think that the reason why he was too eager to help her that night was because he knew she was the CEO of the company he applied for as what he said when they met in the playground.

And can I add that his reason to worried is not just because he had helped her but also he have already enchanted to her, he was so happy waiting for csh in the cafe, he waited more than what he said to csh, he said he will wait for 30 minutes in fact he wait more than an hour :rolleyes: he feel that csh is very high for him to reach when he knew the fact. 

• Like 7