[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

While her insomnia has not been brought up anymore since Episode 3, if and when it gets brought up again I think somehow they will show that she won’t be needing it anymore since she has someone to sleep beside with, JH. I swear, I’m not a pervert LOL, but this I think would be a nice conclusion to that little issue

I agree that your synopsis would be an excellent solution for CSH.  Unfortunately, this is a melodrama and sometimes writers like to go to very dark places and can take storylines to tragic conclusions.  I do not currently see them heading down the dark road but it is in the writer's back pocket if he needs it.

:cold_sweat:

Like you, I hope it does not come up in the remainder of the series.

• Like 6

My goodness the boredom still on and so tired of counting the time and days for the drama new episode i also watch the preview many times figuring what is gonna happen next they did not air the new episide but they air the preview and again its a cliffhanger so they like us to think and this is make us crazy waaaah if i could turn the time so fast i would do that but its not so we have to wait till next week triying to watch other drama but again end up to Encounter of corz episode 8 the kissing scene love it so beautiful scene hoping for many of it

:)

• Like 8

In episode 5, when CSH and KJH are at the tea house for the first time, do they normally drink tea in Korea from such small teacups?  It looks like it might hold about three fluid oz at the most.  Most American cups will hold anywhere from 8-12 fluid oz.  I am assuming that some teas are pretty delicate and should be consumed in small amounts.  I would love to know the customs relative to their tea drinking in the show.  It is very different from when they are at CSH's apartment, and she makes tea for him.  In that instance, it looks like they are using cups of a more standard size.

I just realized that I have been reduced to analyzing Korean tea customs.  Next week and new episodes can't get here fast enough.

Edited by larrysouth
additional comments
  • Like 3
  • LOL 10

2 hours ago, larrysouth said:

In episode 5, when CSH and KJH are at the tea house for the first time, do they normally drink tea in Korea from such small teacups?

Lol the same question went in my head that time, and I think maybe it was korean culture or the tea was super delicious.

Waaah update from our JinSoo, seems that they know we miss them badly :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, larrysouth said:

A more serious undertone in the plot happens right before that as they are leaving CSH for the night.  Note Manager Nam's expressions as he sees the sleeping pills and his subsequent actions.  I wonder if this presents itself again in a later episode.  CSH does not realize how serious taking sleep medication can be.  

While I havent seen her take any sleeping pills anymore, I hope she wont start taking it again especially whats happening right now plus JH is not beside her. 

12 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

This reminded of the welcome card to newly hired employees from CEO Cha Soo Hyun that Kim Jin Hyuk treasured so much even on the last day before relocating to Sukcho. :huh:

So I think it is sade to conclude that we are looking at KJH’s hand holding the card.

==================

You know you had it bad when the drama starts creeping in to your dreams. :sweatingbullets: I dreamt that the next episode will not have the same quality as the previous episodes and I was so broken hearted that I woke up :joy: Episode 9 should be worth the wait!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

The cast is at hard at work, in below freezing weather at that! Despite the cold I do hope they’re having a blast filming

SHK also updated her IG yesterday with a picture in Sokcho. Safe to say it’s CSH turn to come running to KJH 

I’m really, really curious how they’ll incorporate Cuba in the next episode or two

*sigh* why do k-dramas only have to have 16 episodes, why???

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

Bec Im getting impatient waiting and rewatched episode 8 multiple times, i got myself hooked to episode 2. So far that’s my favorite episode. Eveything was light and fun. CSH was very curious about KJH and the one who makes a way to get to know him more. They have a lot of cute interactions that made her genuinely laugh a lot. I loved the aftermath of their drinking and CSH interviewed him in her office and made fun of him. Ahhhh more fun moments please.. 

• Like 10