[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Hi! I am still in the middle of watching Episode 7 and I do not want to read the other posts here for fear of spoilers... 

I have a question! Jung Woo Suk got out of the car and wanted to check with our Namjachingu whether what Soo Hyun said about Sokcho was true. 

I couldn’t recall what it was that Jung Woo Suk had heard from Soo Hyun! What was it specifically? 

I did try to check dramabeans’s episode 7 recap in case they have mentioned it, but the recap for episode 7 has not been put up yet. 

Would anyone be able to enlighten me? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, hairuchii said:

I have a question! Jung Woo Suk got out of the car and wanted to check with our Namjachingu whether what Soo Hyun said about Sokcho was true. 

I couldn’t recall what it was that Jung Woo Suk had heard from Soo Hyun! What was it specifically? 

I did try to check dramabeans’s episode 7 recap in case they have mentioned it, but the recap for episode 7 has not been put up yet. 

Would anyone be able to enlighten me? 

@hairuchii 

JWS asked about Sokcho Happening, meaning when CSH declared (answered the journalist question) that she's in ssum / pre-relationship with the person in the article. JWS was there too, so he went to see KJH to check was it true

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, caileysmiley said:

I noticed that too:joy:

Sorry for being so naive, @caileysmiley and @ahdrianaa... but what does it mean when he gulped? Coz i noticed that too :sweat_smile:

20 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Look at the background, are we getting theme park date? Carrousel and ice skating? Yippieee

It’ll be fun to watch SHK trying not to know anything about ice skating :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

So much to love just with this show! I mean ep.8 alone...  :wub:

Off the top of my head?

- OTP such a sweet kiss. It was done so naturally & beautifully.

- JH’s squad is goals! Love the relationship with his family & friends. It’s refreshing that his bff w/ a crush remembered that’s what she is a bff. She did what she had to do for her friend.

- Mr. Nam big teddy bear who doesn’t want him in their corner? OTP’s biggest cheerleader. He’s funny too!

- Secretary/Restaurant Owner bickering antics leading to love...

Too much to write why I love this show. I will just leave it at that. My fingers will fall off. Until the next episode friends!

• Like 16

OK, any predictions on Episode 9 and the morning after awkward waking up in the same bed scenes at the hotel?  I am thinking at the very least we should see Jang Mi Jin and Lee Dae Chan together.  I am already relishing the possibility of her waking up in DC arms and giving that very surprised look, once she realizes what happened.

I also sense a budding romance brewing for Manager Nam and Kim Sun Joo.  Now that she is divorced from her two-timing husband, she can find a real partner that cares about her.  I am not sure but it seems like the daughter is angling at this as well.  If I understood correctly, he asked Manager Nam to buy the loaf of bread that her Mom really likes.  She is pulling a Manager Nam/"Cupid" move of her own.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5

Done watched 8th episode with English sub, wow, Kim Jin Hyuk really jjang, how he plan the party very cool. Sad when CSH crying behind the camera, finally KJH-CSH has kiss, now it's complete, from powerful glance, to holding hands, back hug, real hug, and kiss. Great. Poor JWS can't recognize CSH, that's why JWS need to learn from KJH how to make a great plan, the epilogue really the best. The kiss scene, really sweet. Mr. Nam is my fav, he is the best. Now CSH really going to against Taegyeong, can't wait to see how Taegyeong will lose against CSH. Silly JWS confess when CSH-KJH already settled and announced their relationship infront of everyone.

The preview, is KJH lost? Hopefully not, it will be long waiting for next episode :bawling: but it's okay huhu

Have a nice holiday everyone

• Like 14

1 hour ago, hairuchii said:

I did try to check dramabeans’s episode 7 recap

Someone else already answered your question but at least I can suggest that next time you might check DramaMilk.  Their recaps are often live, and they are very speedy.  Dramabeans sometimes takes much longer to recap.  

• Like 7

Hey guys, long time lurker and first time poster here

This is only the 5th K-drama I've watched but so far it is the most thought provoking I've seen. I love how intelligently crafted this drama is. The subtlety is amazing. Being a big fan of the arts and literature, this drama really speaks to me.

I have so many thoughts and theories but don't have the willpower to type it right now lol. All I can say is episode 8 was AMAZING. What a great mid-series finale (can't believe we are halfway through :bawling:) I just hope the story and characterization will remain consistent until the end.

Back to episode 8, I love how the ending showed all the couples and potential couples who came together during NYE. And I love how CSH and JH just threw caution to the wind and decided to kiss in the veranda, very Romeo and Juliet (minus the tragic ending, I hope). Something tells me they will be caught again, seeing as kissing is public might not be the brightest idea but they're so in love so what can we do lol. I do hope though that there's an alternative scenario to this. I don't want a time jump as well, I'm curious to see how they'll handle seeing each other again at the masquerade ball.

Speaking of masquerade, I love how it was a masquerade themed party. Their masks fit each characters personality for the most part. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Am loving this sweet drama so far!

I know it's a little early to be looking to the end, but something ridiculous has been nagging at me...I usually watch k-dramas for the cliche happy endings.  I noticed that sometimes, this drama is tagged as a "melodrama" which implies a sad storyline/ending in my mind. 

So now I'm freaking out a little, thinking I am so invested in this and it's just going to shatter my heart into little pieces in the end if the main couple do not end up together!  

So random question - does anyone know how often Korean "melodramas" have a "happy" ending?  Just trying to alleviate my anxious heart over this, haha.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, gigivillaceran said:

Oh my g in the next episode Jinhyuk will be missing?

So, i noticed in ep 9 preview, 

when Jin Myung call Jin Hyuk, he still wearing the same suit from the party, will there any emergency with their mom? While Jinhyuk were with Sohyun perhaps? 

I guess in the next episode, JH parents will find out that he's dating CEO. Will be interesting to see how this loving family get thru this conflict.

Also, Sohyun is packing.. where will she go?

Aahhh so many questions, lets just binge watch 8 episode till next year :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, KymberleeD said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@dukesa1122 your post cracks me up...! That would really be an awkward night...! :D

Just finished the subbed...that ending was just perfect... no lines... just those eyes talking... but you can feel the depth of their feelings to one another...! 

That epilogue is show and proves how much they knew CSH. One is sooo superficial... one is so intense that he knows what type of mask she will like..! Daebak...!  

Kudos to the production staff!!!

WHT???

how is he superficial?

Knowing a woman wold like to hide her full face - any tom , richard simmons, harry knows that..

not saying JHK is not observant.. he is.. but his intelligence shows more on another things.. but this full mask is at par if not less.. with hubby's effort of finding out what CSH is wearing and realizing immediately that it wasn't her

• Like 1

Almost 500k views on the kissing scene. Haha! Let's get it to 1m!

:D

C1QpBRy.jpg

Watch it here: https://tv.naver.com/v/4832419

Don't forget to press the heart if you have a naver account. :lol:

Edit:

Views reached 506k as of 7:55pm. Hope it will get more than 1m before ep 9 then maybe the director and writer will be nice enough to give us more kissing scenes. Haha

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

And, now he doesn't know how to let go, which if he truly cares for SH, he has to do.

I’m sad for him. Only because he was raised that way. He must be at a total loss not knowing what to do to make CSH fall for him.

I remember his story about their honeymoon in spain and they need to drive west. He wanted to hire a driver but CSH wanted to travel without one and he drove for hours. 

Thinking about it now, it’s impossible CSH didn’t feel anything when they were married? Driving for hours under extreme heat only because your new wife doesnt want to hire a driver is effort in itself.

And, I’m gonna ask this because i think it’s a pretty big elephant in the room, was the marriage never consumated?

• Like 15

1 minute ago, dukesa1122 said:

I’m sad for him. Only because he was raised that way. He must be at a total loss not knowing what to do to make CSH fall for him.

I remember his story about their honeymoon in spain and they need to drive west. He wanted to hire a driver but CSH wanted to travel without one and he drove for hours. 

Thinking about it now, it’s impossible CSH didn’t feel anything when they were married? Driving for hours under extreme heat only because your new wife doesnt want to hire a driver is effort in itself.

And, I’m gonna ask this because i think it’s a pretty big elephant in the room, was the marriage never consumated?

I have a feeling it was. My take is why go on a honeymoon in the first place, and maybe it’s just me but “brownie points” kind of has a sensual undertone to it. 

This may be overanalyzing, forgive me, but even during the kiss scene it was CSH who sort of opens her mouth. Maybe it indicates she has more experience in the love department than JH? IDK if that was the director’s instructions or that’s just how the actors kiss.

Just my two cents

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, completely changing the topic, I was thinking during the kiss scene that PBG has really improved since his on screen kisses in MDBC. I remember at the time, he didn't even really kiss her lips when they were kissing, but rather her philtrum, though that may have been somewhat deliberate because of the controversy over KYJ being a minor still. But, I think MDBC was his first on screen kiss, and he seems to have improved in this drama.

He had on screen kisses in Reply 1988 too which were great. 

MDBC was understandable and partly why I was never drawn to the romance of the series

• Like 4