[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Ugh.  WooSeok is the textbook definition of entitlement.  And yet... I still feel sorry him!  This guy is so twisted and damaged he thinks he sees a sign that it's time for him to pursue SooHyun just because JinHyuk is being sent to Sokcho.  It's as though he is so infatuated with the "idea" of SooHyun, it makes him incapable of understanding how every word she speaks to him is just dripping with disdain. 

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, redbeanbuns said:

@dukesa1122 calm down there r still many episode ahead :lol: but if u insist to shoot the director I will replace his place with pleasure..hahaha.. I will give u a best shoot of kissing scene..n if the director not giving us any more scene like this, I will 'talk' properly to him :phew:

Sorry. Ugh. Woke up at the wrong side of the bed. Overslept. Wasnt able to see it, I rushed to open this thread and to find out the kiss was just like this! argh :rage:

Can we really do that ? Can we rally and demand for a better kiss scene? :expressionless:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

DRAMA: BOYFRIEND EP. 8

Original Article: [star news] 'Boyfriend' Park Bogum Song Hyekyo, Sweet First Kiss At The Masquerade

0002749802_001_20181220225629056.jpg?type=w540

0002749802_002_20181220225629116.jpg?type=w540

0002749802_003_20181220225629154.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-20%2Bat%2B10.40.55%2BPM.png
1. +1939, -149 Seriously the kiss was breathtaking. It was so pretty and lovely and Park Bogum's detail expression.. Gaze.. Actors who are able to express complex feelings are the best. Always hwaiting~♡♡♡
2. +980, -43 Park Bogum is seriously heart-flutteringㅠㅠㅠㅠ Heart-fluttering kiss scene and a back hug, a burst of melo tension (?) ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3. +629, -42 Please help me, I can't breathe...
4. +220, -32 I couldn't feel their age difference, f*cking pretty
5.+105, -3 My heart's beating so fast no joke ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Park Bogum and Song Hyekyo are crazy ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
6. +65, -23 Today is the day Song Joongki avoids watching TV
7. +45, -11 I could only think of Song Joongki......

Original Article: [xsports news] 'Boyfriend' Park Bogum, Confesses His Secret To Song Hyekyo "Love, I Learned It From Books"

0000935215_001_20181220220839040.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-20%2Bat%2B10.50.28%2BPM.png

1. +1286, -48 Ah I really like Jnhyuk-ie Suhyun-ie's sweet scene and when Eric Nam's song I Know ~ played it was like art ㅠㅠ So funㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. +121, -5 Wow Park Bogum is so heart-fluttering it's killing me
3. +78, -6 It's a lovely date but why does my heart hurt ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
4. +54, -2 Daebak they kissedㅜㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I'm cryingㅠㅠㅠ Park Bogum's f*cking sexy
5. +38, -3 Ah that backhug was so heart-fluttering I died
6. +33, -4 Hyekyo's really lovely
7. +23, -0 Wow.. Song Hyekyo's gaze ㅜㅜ Tears welled up ㅜㅜ
8. +23, -0 I learned love from watching Bogum in dramas.
9. +10, -0 I want to read that book too ㅋㅋ

Before I sign off for the night,
Spoiler

I just wanted to say that there are several angles of the kissing scene that were beautifully shot but yes, there were angles that didn't do justice to the beautiful scene.

I love that there was so much yearning/longing conveyed by our JinSoo couple made even more beautiful by their tears...yup, tears were welling up in KJH's eyes. CSH's tear-stained face was just so so so lovely...no wonder Kim Jin Hhyuk couldn't resist. :blush:
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 8

9 hours ago, Jitae Lee said:

very impressive. are you a writer?

First, welcome to this forum and this thread. smileys

No, I am not... just a teacher.red crab

@stroppyse Today I read an article about the evil in humans and a psychologist said that people who don't consider others as humans and perceive them as below them are quite "evil" and dangerous. Remember that yesterday, I pointed out that the Chairman Kim has the habit to describe people as animals (dog: JH; assemblyman Cha = racehorse) or even worse as things (CSH= thing, doll) or dust (JH)! This process is called "deshumanization" and it is a psychological weapon (often used in wars) in order to legitimate every action they do. Since the others are not humans, then they can do anything with them. They have no rights, no protection. And money is also an important toll for "deshumanization" as it creates a gap between the superior person and the others. It also pushes minions to give up on their conscience... orders are more important than their own conscience and ethics. In this environment, it is not a wonder if director Choi and the traitor Lee are actually backstabbing their colleagues. Orders and the perspective of money incite them to do morally reprehensible things. Friendship, family and goodness don't exist in this world. I hope, chairman Kim loses her most precious son in the process... he has warned her many times and I hope, he becomes brave and realize this!! A chairman Kim without any heir... imagine the irony!  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Translation of the video:

WS: Find out what CEO Cha was wearing when she went to work.
JH: Oh, hello. My apologies for calling during your lunch time. I’m calling because of the order for the masks for the Donghwa Hotel party. The ones for the client have already been ordered, but I just wanted to order one additional one separately. Uh, it’s for a woman, and it would be preferred if her whole face was covered. She’ll probably prefer not to be recognized. Uhh… yes, I think a sketch can be sent to you. Yes. Please take care of it well. Thank you. Yes.

Thank you for your translation. PR Head let CSH choose a mask among several ones, KSH who knows what CSH really prefers so he arranged to have a full mask for CSH to be one of mask choices. Definitely CSH chose the full mask that KSH arranged upon her preference. :wub:

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

A translation of the preview clip you posted. Thank you

SH: I woke up in the morning, and it had become noisy. (meaning that there had been a lot of press articles)
JH: It ended up in my pack coming back from Cuba, but later I wanted to use it as a subject of a photo, so I kept it. (think he may be explaining the high heels in his room to his mother?)
MIL: It will be a good chance to take care of everything in one stroke. (she's evil, and anyway, the scene sequence seems to be implying that the plan involves HI in some way?)
Brother: Answer the phone, Kim Jin Hyuk.
SH: Where are you?

So, yes, my question as well, where did JH go that he's not answering the phone to his brother or to SH?

Did preview showed like KJH's identity has been revealed? 

• Like 10

I couldn't really figure out what SooHyun's mask was supposed to be?  Does anyone have any clues?  The only thing that comes to mind is the Man in the Iron Mask?  But that doesn't really fit the drama...

Also re: the kiss... it was beyond lovely!  The way both of them were so tearful and overjoyed and just so into each other still has me :blush:.  I just didn't want to see the back of PBG's head as one of the shots lol.

• Like 11
  • LOL 8

24 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Unfortunately, the video wasn't good enough for me to make out the text on the articles, so I don't know. Perhaps someone has a grab in HD that will make the print legible?

pBG-encounter.jpg

@stroppyse

Could you please press on the picture to enlarge and try to see this letters? 

Thank you so much for your translation and comments.

• Like 13

27 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

For me, the fact that he is able to be more forceful with her is also a sign that he does see her as his girlfriend who happens to be the CEO, rather than being more deferential as he has been in the past. Just my opinion on that anyway,.

I think that he has been strong with her all along but he has never been in the position to have to press a point before.  JH has shown that he is able to stand his ground without making a fuss (like when he had to listen to MIL threatening him and he didn't obviously react or apologize) and that he makes up his own mind (like when he came to SH's rescue by coming out as the ramyeon date).  I think that SH already knows that she can rely on him because he has shown her that she can.  The fact that he's able to be more forceful this time shows growth in their relationship.  

@yonaomi123 I've only seen screen caps and they aren't too clear on showing the whole mask.  That's why I'm still wondering, too, but it seems like there are trees at the top of it?  I wondered if it was a reference to the Celtic Green Man (although I don't think that makes sense).  And I thought that the lacy-ness of the mask was a reminder of the opening animations.

.....editing to add that I just looked up Green Man.  He's a symbol of rebirth, regrowth, and spring.  Now that makes sense!  Remember JH saying that it felt like spring?  :)

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1