[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

In order to be loved, you need to work for it. JWS and HI never confessed their love to the other and that's their own mistake. JH was just nice to her, he even said that she was a friend. So if she wanted something else, she should have been more proactive. 

That's some powerful stuff!!  Can you please start writing kdrama scripts???  :wub: 

I'm going to piggyback on your comment... From all we've seen, JinHyuk is hyper-aware of the direction of people's thoughts.  He's well-spoken and observant, kind and clever.  In all the years that he's known HyeIn, in all the years that she's been jokingly, but not really jokingly, asking him to marry her (because it was obvious that that was an old line she was throwing at him), how could the man not know that his friend was in love with him? 

A man like him, why wouldn't he have taken his friend aside one day and let her know that her feelings weren't returned, so that she could move on?  Perhaps that's unrealistic, but I think it would've been kinder.

• Like 10

if i may add in the discussion... i dont think CSH ex-husband also cheated... just for the sake of discussion and if someone is tallying the poll, my vote goes to the silo where he actually liked her and still like her...) their initial meeting i guess says it all and even his simple thoughts about how to solve CSH problem (blocking the news, getting the artist sell her paintings and the effort of buying the entire store just to get one dress for her - i dont mind those sent to my postal code, if you will ask me btw!!! hahaha...) but i guess the poor guy doesnt know how to clearly express himself... show proper affection... given of his status and his manipulating mom...compare to the depth of the love the JH knows...from his family and friends... IF.. probably... he would find a girl version of JH (probably JH's friend... hmmm, why not, right???) maybe he would also be thought how it is to really care... just throwing in my 2 cents here.

oh boy glad my hubby is not a chaebol nor am I... their life is really complicated!!! :D 

and btw, just so we are clear... i still and forever for Jin Hyuk, ok... at least for this drama..! all out!!!

Spoiler

of course my bias is on her and her real love...! that is far and beyond question! 

oh... and one more thing (had to edit because i want to include this in... i just really... really...really.. to the nth level hate CSH mom...like seriously...! arrghhh! 

ok... i am done! :lol:

• Like 7

On 12/12/2018 at 10:10 AM, icyphoenix said:
On 12/12/2018 at 10:06 AM, tlireal said:

I don't understand what went wrong in the marriage. She seemed to try to make the best out of it.

I felt the same.. I guess communication was the failure in this relationship.. Her husband also seems to be loving her n she also did try for pleasing him.. I want to know more n more abt their relationship too.. I loved all the flashbacks in today's episode as it showed more abt CSH n KJH!! 

Ultimately their parents (mothers) might have had something to do with the failure of their marriage.  Even when you love one another the first couple of years, (if you have not lived together before) are the hardest because you are really getting to know each other.  With those two mothers, I can imagine it make things much harder.  Hopefully we will be given more insight into the break-up of their marriage.

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

I was watching Notting hill. Towards the end of the movie I said, "wait a minute, this scene reminds me of another. I have seen this somewhere" and then I watched encounter with Subs and I marveled. 

SH outing her relationship with JH is identical to Anna Scott indirectly announcing her relationship with William to the public.

The characters are also similar.

Suhyun (hotel owner) and Anna(famous actress) are rich & popular and often face scrutiny in Little things they do.

Jihyuk(former fruit vendor - now hotel worker & Willam(book vendor/librarian) who fell in love with strong women.

When SH announced her relationship, I punched the air & shrieked.

"You go girl. It's about time to take charge of your life".

She's been through so much that all I wanted was for her to be happy.

As for JH, it's gonna be a long & bumpy ride in his new relationship. He's entering a world that's competitive & dangerous and I hope he can handle it well.

James Baldwin said,

"Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up".

"I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me" :P

Notting hill priceless

#Elizabeth who?

#Richard Gere who?

#Scratch that no one replaces richard gere with JR

13 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

Ultimately their parents (mothers) might have had something to do with the failure of their marriage.  Even when you love one another the first couple of years, (if you have not lived together before) are the hardest because you are really getting to know each other.  With those two mothers, I can imagine it make things much harder.  Hopefully we will be given more insight into the break-up of their marriage.

i doubt "Mothers"

MIL just has to call up mommy to get her bidding..

powerhouse is MIL.. and the only one who can stand up to her is daddy dearest but he isn't doing anything.. oh! yes.. and probably our moon snail ajushi :P

• Like 4

DF116-FA7-D723-4-B72-BB28-10-E17-A321-C9

His widow teacher gives him a mandarin orange after she realizes how serious he’s about CSH, in Chinese culture it’s sometimes given along with the traditional red envelope given to younger members of the family to amp up the good luck for the coming new year. The Widow Teacher really gives me good witch/fairy god mother vibes, there is something mysterious about her. It’s like she sees more than what she lets on. 

I love how the drama is peppered with small details like this. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

This might have been overlooked so I am posting it again... Because I'm really curious about what you can say about it:

I was just wondering, this is NOT the first Noona series... I haven't watched other k-drama noona series. And I'm really wondering if they are as deep as this one? What made this series different from the others? Apart from our leads being really dashing and gorgeous, of course. Anyone?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, yonaomi123 said:

That's some powerful stuff!!  Can you please start writing kdrama scripts???  :wub: 

I'm going to piggyback on your comment... From all we've seen, JinHyuk is hyper-aware of the direction of people's thoughts.  He's well-spoken and observant, kind and clever.  In all the years that he's known HyeIn, in all the years that she's been jokingly, but not really jokingly, asking him to marry her (because it was obvious that that was an old line she was throwing at him), how could the man not know that his friend was in love with him? 

A man like him, why wouldn't he have taken his friend aside one day and let her know that her feelings weren't returned, so that she could move on?  Perhaps that's unrealistic, but I think it would've been kinder.

Great point about JH. Why didn't he notice such a thing?

I believe, it is because JH has never been interested in women before. I can not forget how he behaved on Cuba. He was nervous and scared that CSH would think that he was a player. All his body language showed that he was inexperienced. Yes, he is well-spoken and observant but when it comes to attraction and feelings, he is not. He wasn't sure about CSH's feelings (attraction) towards him.

Then HI's words didn't help her at all because she spoke about it like a joke. If I remember correctly, JH behaved in such a way that you could feel, he was not really attracted to her and even interested in her as a woman. His behaviour made it clear that she was just a very good friend. 

As for CSH, JH is behaving differently. He is putting a lot of effort to read her and understand her in order to be sure that he can get one step closer to her. That's his determination that pushed him to ensure that he could move her heart. Remember that in the episode of yesterday, JH felt happy after eating with CSH, as he thought, he had come closer to her... but after remembering her words, her actions aso, he realized his mistake and got worried hence he wanted to get some fresh air and went to that picture. JH has always tried to push a little further the boundaries.

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, nubianlegalmind said:

This drama feels better executed, maybe due to two great actors in the lead roles. The writing gives the drama balance and the story is unfolding at a better pace. Also, all of the roles have been switched. This time, the woman is clearly the power player, the wealthy one, and even though her life is difficult and at times she is miserable, she isn't portrayed as a damsel in distress. SHJ is portraying CSH as being a woman who has had to forego the simplicities of life to make her family happy. She has had to sacrifice and now she is beginning to discover what putting herself first feels like with the help of KJH. His character isn't wrist-grabbing her and forcing kisses on her. He's asking her if they can be in a something relationship until THEY decide that they are in love. This drama is going against the grain in such a way, that it almost feels like a satire. I hope that helps.

Where are you now girl? Can I give you a big pat on the back and bear hug? :love:

Thank you for answering my question. And yes, I've seen alot of images about Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.

You know what I think? Our OTP being a huge actor/actress is also the reason why most people find it hard to overlook what they know about them and in turn will make them hesitate to watch the drama. Familiar in a way like, we know who PBG and SHK is. We know how old/young they are. We know their friends are and etc.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Where are you now girl? Can I give you a big pat on the back and bear hug? :love:

Thank you for answering my question. And yes, I've seen alot of images about Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.

You know what I think? Our OTP being a huge actor/actress is also the reason why most people find it hard to overlook what they know about them and in turn will make them hesitate to watch the drama. Familiar in a way like, we know who PBG and SHK is. We know how old/young they are. We know their friends are and etc.

they r four years a[art which isnt' a big deal even with korean stnds..

plus this country is the only one that accepts noona relationships of less gaps so easily

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

This might have been overlooked so I am posting it again... Because I'm really curious about what you can say about it:

I was just wondering, this is NOT the first Noona series... I haven't watched other k-drama noona series. And I'm really wondering if they are as deep as this one? What made this series different from the others? Apart from our leads being really dashing and gorgeous, of course. Anyone?

I will always love I Hear Your Voice for its heart and its strong voice against revenge. And the leads are both beautiful! The age difference melts away although the absolutely gorgeous Lee Bo-young keeps asking herself "Is it OK to do this?!" to fall in love with dreamy young Lee Jong-suk. Yes, it is!  :wub: Of course since the hero can read people's thoughts, it's not exactly a realistic drama. ☺️ Similar theme to Encounter?  In IHYV the OTP keep rescuing one another: She rescues him, and he rescues her right back, again and again. KJH isn't saving CSH from a vengeful killer, but he rescues her from that terrible public humiliation. And she rescues him from that public attack on him as a stalker and user. I keep happily replaying both those scenes. Very happy CSH finds her courage and gets to be the hero, too. 

• Like 11

Kim Jin Hyuk can’t figure out how to tie a tie, but instinctively knows how to style a scarf perfectly on a girl :lol:

I admit I only watched this drama because of Park Bo Gum. I have never been too impressed with Song Hye Kyo’s acting (her expression seems more or less the same to me in every drama). But in this show, she is impressing me more than PBG (not that he’s doing a bad job, but she is given more emotional scenes to work with). I love the quiet, dignified strength that she lends her character. 

Thought this would be your traditional melodrama, was not expecting the reverse Cinderella plot and the surprisingly strong heroine who is rediscovering her spunk and her backbone. 

Edited by myneighbortotoro
Spelling
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Wake up in the morning to check the rating,although I'm very well aware it is not out yet, just my habit from watching dramas for so long :sweatingbullets: not really care bout it,but I care bout it too,haha

Wow the discussion about the ex hubby still going hot I guess,hmm I can't give very insightful comments like u guys did,but in my humble opinion I see him as pitiful character for now,don't know in the next epi..but I guess maybe,just maybe he will become one of jinsoo couple trouble in the future,that I would like to see what kind of attitude that he will do to our couple (becz this drama afterall,so there must be a lot of complicated problems to give 'spice' in the drama itself)well just random imaginary story from my bed side..

Anyway if I've been put at SH shoes,to have JH in my life,I think I will just alope with him (again my wild imagination :P)

Thats all guys my hello in the morning..have a good day everyone.:blush:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

plus this country is the only one that accepts noona relationships of less gaps so easily

You should watch the new filipino movie that came out. Girl is 50 yrs old (but she’s a veteran actress and a model) guy is 25 yrs old. :sweat_smile: and it sold!

Thank you for all your insights guys. I started watching the drama because it’s SHK. I’m a long time fan of hers. Plus with PBG, nothing could go wrong, I guess.

@myneighbortotoro Haha there’s no need for me to convince you then. :D

Btw, how many episodes do the last empress have left?

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Completely positive!

boyep6.png

[Boyfriend] Ep 6 spoilers, Park Bo Gum x Song Hye Gyo

Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2018

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Gyo, first day of 'some', "It's already spring for us." 

1. [+1760,-89]
Romantic, straightforward man, Park Bo Gum. My heart flutters so much. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1233,-67]
Park Bo Gum's role fits him well. 

3. [+1098,-90]
Song Hye Gyo is really beautiful.. 

4. [+763,-21]
I like it even if it's just a 'some' relationship^^ They are both smiling happily after all. 

5. [+616,-30]
Park Bo Gum is so handsome. 

6. [+240,-7]
Park Bo Gum makes my heart flutters. He put on gloves for her. I like that they are having a 'some'. 

7. [+205,-3]
It's so beautiful whenever Song Hye Gyo and Park Bo Gum appear on the screen alone. Pretty, pretty. 

8. [+190,-5]
They might be on a 'some' relationship, but they are already in love with each other. Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun, only the two of them do not know about that. 

9. [+135,-2]
Putting on gloves for her, sending texts, buying ties, that's dating. I wonder how her secretary will get together with Golbaeng ahjussi. 

10. [+138,-12]
To be honest, it's fun. It's obvious that these people are leaving negative comments without watching it every time. They said they are not watching it, but they post negative comments all over. Why are they doing this? (I was rather amused with this one.)

ep%2B6.png

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Song Hye Gyo's surprising statement at the press conference, "I'm having a 'some' relationship with Park Bo Gum 

1. [+1600,-32]
My heart broke during that scene with Park Bo Gum. ㅠㅠ "For how long did she live enduring those harsh words?" ㅠㅠ 

2. [+1264,-13]
Park Bo Gum nodded and smiled, letting her know that it's fine at the end. My heart broke. Today's episode was so heart fluttering. It's correct, they are on a 'some' relationship. 

3. [+744,-24]
My heart throbbed at, "we're on a 'some' relationship"~~ ♡

4. [+735,-19]
Ah, this is really heart fluttering. The two held hands!!! Spring is here, Jin Hyuk-ah, Soo Hyun-ah. 

5. [+192,-5]
Wow, the ending is daebak. Park Bo Gum smiled and turned around, that left me breathless. 

6. [+181,-3]
It seems like he's trying to say that he's fine with it. Park Bo Gum's eyes are so warm. 

7. [+141,-3]
Wow, what's with the ending from episode 3 onwards? Why are they making my heart flutter and letting go of my heart at the same time? Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Gyo, from their voices to their gazes, are so warm. 

8. [+143,-9]
This is getting more interesting. I like the scriptwriter! Please continue the drama like that~ Don't develop the story poorly. How do I wait till next week? 
(And to think last week they were bashing her. This scriptwirter has redeemed herself as far as dramas are concerned with Boyfriend!)

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/12/boyfriend-ep-6-spoilers-park-bo-gum-x.html

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

yes girl be free!!!1f44f.png1f44f.png

CSH  get strength the moment KJH stepped out and confessed he is the ramyeon guy. And now, CSH doing the same thing. They protect and  give strength to each other. This is True :heart:.

e7xsh93dshy8.jpg

Encounter teaches us to take courage when it refers to Love. Take command of your own life without other people dictating it.

DuUWNtxX4AI6-rO.jpgDuUWOT4WkAEFHtF.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1