[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

still downloading Encounter Ep 5 with subs

while waiting, i am so trying not to be 'spoiled' by the thread here

but *arg* i failed the marshmallow test so many times :D 

can't wait to see the continuation and your thoughts here

last night, i was rushing home to catch the somehow delayed broadcast on Naver.

that's been my thing since it started

just watch even without the Eng subs

and immerse myself in that storytelling without the benefit of the usual language

but then i had t rush myself to the hospital emergency room bec of some food allergy

it's the worst i've had i thought it could have led to anaphylactic shock

but while in the cab, while thinking of the worst case scenario

and feeling really out of breath, what or who came to mind???

well there is is my family for practical reasons 

but the next was 'oh no..im gonna miss Encounter OTP tonight...noooooh..' 

i remember characters in other dramas  said

at a moment between life and death

it is this particular beloved that they thought of. :o

i realized, among other life-truths, how invested i am in these our two lovely characters.

and i don't even consider myself a fan ( i am not worthy next to most of you here and out there)

i am just someone who loves stories about people and how they are told and how well 

that i find a piece of myself and life here and there :wub:

and i have a confession to make --

i haven't seen EP 1 yet in its entirety and with English subtitles, would you believe that?

(it's this habit of coming in in the middle of tv dramas and films but it works for me)

i'm ok now. had 3 injections in the hospital and still on oral meds at home.
so now i'm going to enjoy this download

and that ONE too. :heart:

Ep6 soon!

• Like 11
  • LOL 5

‘Encounter’: Wednesday’s episode features Song Hye-kyo’s crying scene

Updated : December 13 2018

Wednesday’s episode of “Encounter” featured a crying scene of Cha Soo-Hyun, played by Song Hye-kyo.

Five episodes in, viewers saw Cha burst into tears as she broke out of her usually more reserved character and decided to be more honest with her feelings.

The show has so far showed Cha slowly open up to Kim Jin-Hyeok, played by Park Bo-Gum, who is more laid back and free-spirited.

(tvN)
During the fifth episode, Kim told Cha about his feelings toward her, as he wants to “mean something” to her. 

Cha wanted to push Kim away but Kim continued to linger in Cha’s mind, confirming that the feelings toward each other are somewhat mutual and hinting at a possible relationship in the near future.

The two cross paths again later in the episode, and Kim again asks Cha out -- though more casually this time -- to which Cha agrees to a date without making their relationship official.

The sixth episode airs at 9:30 p.m. Thursday.

By Yim Hyun-su (hyunsu@heraldcorp.com).....source credit @http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201812131145183868587_2
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, myneighbortotoro said:

Regarding the last scene in ep 5... I’ve seen some translation as JH suggesting a “pre-relationship,” a “something relationship,” or a “fling.” 

Can someone fluent in Korean explain to me what is the nature of the relationship that he is suggesting? Like, is this type of arrangement supposed to be exclusive? (I’m guessing not exclusive, because then it isn’t that different from being bf/gf...). Or more like, a friends with skinship benefits and no commitment type of thing?

The translation as “fling” really changes the meaning of that scene for me somehow. Makes it seem as though they don’t intent for the relationship to last long anyway :/

It’s not a fling, a fling would imply that both individuals only acknowledge being in a temporary physical relationship. A 썸 which is Koreanized for ‘some' which is short for 'something, is more about exploring romantic feelings .

More detailed explanation by a Korean.

5307372-A-B6-DE-4-A16-AB6-F-2-AF68646077

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9

So first thing I did after waking up today was running to see this ep... Laughter, tears, joy this ep me feel so many things.

1. In the beginning when all four of then were in the car and Sh smoothly tells her secretary to opt out of the ramyun date- I couldn't stop giggling. Actually I kept pausing the scenes cause Jh was coming on so strong, I couldn't take it all at once. Thankfully, I can pause and squee all I want. 
2. Some of his lines did seem a lil pushy but I liked that they explained it was really his attempt to lighten the mood and cheer her up. He has no regrets for stepping up for her. But that scene in the office the next day, reality is catching up to him... And they can't take adorable day offs to escape, I'm really waiting to see how Jh is gonna handle all this now that he's among the sharks.
3. That scene at the playground where Jh is contemplating Sh's "prison" of a life, his expressions were daebak. I can understand how maybe "smiley" bogum is not to everybody's taste (but 100% my taste) but his acting in the more sombre and serious scenes is indisputable...
4. They really know how to create the best ending moments for the episodes. For Sh, to come off from such a nice day to the ugly reality of her mother waiting to attack her, and for Jh to slowly acknowledge all the precious moments of happiness Sh has shown to him, despite her frigid and suffocating life and that yearning to be a more meaningful person to her. The acting, score and direction brought about this feeling beautifully.
5. Sh crying and lost on a highway... And her confession to her secretary about her regrets and and how she is trying so hard to clamp these feelings... But not really. Tears were shed!
6. Love their continuous engagement of the audience with various poetry and artworks... I feel like am learning something every episode.
7. JH new nickname "ramyun boy" and Sh teasing him about his various nicknames. JH mom finding out about the heels. Ah, these little moments!
8. Driver Nam is love.

Love all the posts on here, this drama truly has taken such ahold of me that I've truly forgotten studying. Hopefully I have no regrets, like Jin hyuk. :lol:

• Like 19

@foolmoondance i hope you’re feeling ok now. I do the same thing since streaming videos at work is blocked. My cellular data’s not that good from my desk and the only thing i can load are live stream or small snippets from ig but i still watch it. Just to see all the emotions that run through their faces. :wub:

@myneighbortotoro in the Philippines we usually call it M.U. or Mutual Understanding. It’s when two people know what they feel towards each other but they are trying to get to know each other first. It’s in between love and friendship. And definitely not a “fling”. That word got lost in translation.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, foolmoondance said:

but then i had t rush myself to the hospital emergency room bec of some food allergy

Hi chingu,

Hope you're feeling better and wishing you a speedy recovery!

I'm not sure to be serious or to laugh at your thoughts of our beautiful OTP while  you were in the cab..... but since I love our OTP, I think it's quite meaningful that they came into your mind in hard times like food allergy. They must have made some impact on you to invade your crisis situation.  It's awesome if they could bring some comfort and joy in times like yours.

Take care and let's support PBG and SHK till till the end! Let's not bother about the ratings. Just feast your eyes on our charismatic PBG and gorgeous SHK - KJH and CSH and their sweet love story!   :D

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Episode 5 is pure happiness, no matter what.

CH is starting to conquer her fears. Maybe, realized that she can make that wrong timing into a right one by starting to break out from her " prison cell".

JH, oh boy, he always knows what to do and say.

Hye In,  expectation  is the root of all heartaches. What made you to expect and why did you expect that much?

I will hold on to this drama... i will hold on to JH and CH till the end:heart:

• Like 11

welcome back!!! @stroppyse   How nice to have you back here and Please give more time for the thread only one month up to 17th Jan . :D:D

two people from different world meeting and connecting and  love that how they show us  developing their relationship ( first love) slowly.

@foolmoondance salute for your love for the drama. ( me too actually, every Wednesday (raw) Thursday ( raw + with sub) and Friday ( with sub).  daily at soompi thread too :sweatingbullets:  . Please do take care and see you tonight ( here@thread of course).

DtlRVmeUwAUYzNb.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I've watched ep 1 to 4 and loving the episodes to bits...

The scenes in Cuba were amazing and breathtaking... Making Cuba one of the destination I would love to visit someday! 

The story is flowing so beautifully... I love the magic of coincidence... hating the ex MIL and CSH's Mom!!

I wonder if CSH's dad and KJH's dad were actually friends?

I love Secretary Jang and Driver Nam...

This is supposed to be a melodrama right? 
I look forward to crying my heart out! 
So far, loving this drama so much!

:wub:

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, Tasia said:

I love Secretary Jang and Driver Nam...

This is supposed to be a melodrama right?

Mr. Nam's eye smile is toe to toe with park bo gum on cuteness level.:love:

Secretary Mi-Jin and Dae-Chan's upcoming romance looks really interesting I can totally see them more lovey-dovey with each other than the leading couple.:heart:

Also check out the recap of episode 5: https://www.asiandrama4u.com/encounter-episode-5-recap/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, myneighbortotoro said:

Regarding the last scene in ep 5... I’ve seen some translation as JH suggesting a “pre-relationship,” a “something relationship,” or a “fling.” 

Can someone fluent in Korean explain to me what is the nature of the relationship that he is suggesting? Like, is this type of arrangement supposed to be exclusive? (I’m guessing not exclusive, because then it isn’t that different from being bf/gf...). Or more like, a friends with skinship benefits and no commitment type of thing?

The translation as “fling” really changes the meaning of that scene for me somehow. Makes it seem as though they don’t intent for the relationship to last long anyway :/

I actually treat this as some kind of courtship? Dating but not in a relationship 

• Like 5

Watch: Yong Junhyung Sweetly Sings “Don’t Hesitate” For “Encounter” OST

Watch: Yong Junhyung Sweetly Sings “Don’t Hesitate” For “Encounter” OST

Dec 13, 2018
by K. Do

Highlight’s Yong Junhyung has released his drama OST for “Encounter.”

The singer’s song, “Don’t Hesitate,” captures the feelings of the two lovers beginning their sweet love story. This marks the first time Yong Junhyung has participated in an OST on his own. His ardent voice suits the drama’s atmosphere and the song.

“Encounter” is enjoying great love and solid ratings as it tells the tale between a conglomerate heir divorcee portrayed by Song Hye Kyo and a free-spirited youth acted by Park Bo Gum.

Check out the song below!

Watch the latest episode of “Encounter” below.....source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1277655wpp/watch-yong-junhyung-sweetly-sings-dont-hesitate-encounter-ost

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have just finished watching E5. The episode is quite good and started with the revelation by JH that he is the guy with SH on the picture. The ending is also good because the two of them have agreed to go into a pre-relationship status. A big decision made by the couple.

In between the scenes, I noticed that SH closed her eyes for a few seconds while she was driving with her secretary. In two other instances while driving alone, she basically doesn't look straight on the road and was looking distracted on her left and right side. Female drivers in South Korea must have a third eye because even if they don't look straight on the road more importantly during night time no accidents have ever happened. :D

• LOL 6