[Upcoming Drama TBA] Prometheus, 프로메테우스

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/07/jin-gu-becomes-north-korean-defector-to-ha-ji-wons-spy-in-prometheus/

Jin Gu becomes North Korean defector to Ha Ji-won’s spy in Prometheus

jingu-prometheus.jpg

I’m happy to hear that there’s some progress happening with this show, since it keeps getting pushed back. Jin Gu (Untouchable) has been confirmed to join Ha Ji-won (Hospital Ship) in upcoming political action drama Prometheus as a North Korean defector who embarks on a mission to recover North Korean nuclear scientists who have gone missing. I like both stars best when their roles involve action, so I’m excited to see them work together in what promises to be a blockbuster of epic proportions.

Interestingly, the story has been slightly altered to reflect recent events on the Korean peninsula: A team of key North Korean nuclear scientists go missing while returning from a mission related to the country’s denuclearization efforts, which triggers an international race to acquire these scientists first. South Korea, for obvious reasons, is one of the various countries eager to find the missing scientists, and tasks Ha Ji-won’s character Chae Eun-seo, an NIS agent, with that mission.

She, in turn, recruits Jin Gu’s Park Hoon character to help the operation. Park Hoon is a former North Korean officer who defected to the South after getting involved in an incident while he was posted as a military attache to the North Korean embassy in Moscow. He now works as a day laborer on a wharf, which is definitely a fall from grace from his former career as an elite military officer. I can’t wait to see how he and Chae Eun-seo work together, who were trained in diametrically opposite ideologies. I’m sure there’s a loveline in there somewhere, but I hope that before they feel a romantic spark, they become trusted partners since they can both be pretty badass when there’s action involved. And I’m expecting some epic action scenes, especially given the 30 billion won budget that the reports never fail to mention.

Prometheus doesn’t have a broadcaster yet, but is aiming to air by the end of the year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

@DreamCatcher2011, thank you for starting this thread.

Hello to everyone here, and thank you for your contributions.

On 7/12/2018 at 6:46 PM, evie7 said:

I have to admit that, I was disappointed that Ju Ji Hoon was not going to join Ha Ji Won in this drama It's Ha Ji Wan so of course, I'm in. Finding out that Ji Goo is going to be the lead has made very happy

@evie7,   Hi  :)  I went through the same process.. First disappointment that Ju Ji-Hoon turned it down (and I still wonder why....), and then very happy that Jin Goo took the role.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Ha Ji-won and Jin Goo's "Prometheus" Holds Open Audition for Rookie Actors

photo990647.jpg

Upcoming big budget drama "Prometheus" is looking for 10 new actors to join Ha Ji-won and Jin Goo in this story tackling inter-Korean relations. The production will be holding a public, open audition in order to find the fresh talent that they are looking for.

The production company has stated that they are looking through existing actors for the key role of North Korea's top genius, nuclear scientist Song Chae-yool, while also moving forward with the open audition for new talent that may fit the part. Since it's an important character in the middle of the inter-Korean relations, they plan to find an actor with solid skills.

Read more HERE

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Prometheus, 프로메테우스 - Ha Ji Won and Jin Goo
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Prometheus, 프로메테우스 - Ha Ji Won and Jin Goo

I like JG but I am not convinced he can carry a drama as a lead just yet. I feel like he doesn’t have the charisma to play a lead role :( Also, for such a big budget drama can’t they get a top leading man for HJW???  The last drama she was paired w/ an idol turned actor. And MBC will pick this up? Lol Was hoping she would do a high quality cable drama or an indie movie. Her last two dramas have not been successful, I’m worried :( 

I really wanted to see her w/PHJ, since he was great in MTM!

• 2 weeks later...

https://imgur.com/a/hf5RgF0

lee-kihong-e1535081142500.jpg?w=674

KIHONG LEE CAST IN HIS FIRST KOREAN DRAMA

This drama is getting bigger and better!

Maze Runner and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt actor Kihong Lee will join the star-studded cast of Prometheus.

According to reports, the producers of the series have confirmed that the Hollywood actor has accepted their offer to play the role of CIA agent Frank Lee in the series. Prometheus will revolve around the story of North Korean scientists working overseas, who mysteriously disappeared while heading back to the North.

https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/08/24/kihong-lee-cast-in-his-first-korean-drama/

• 1 month later...

October 10 2018

Ha Ji-Won drops out of drama MBC series “Prometheus”

Prometheus-LM111.jpg

Ha Ji-Won has dropped out of upcoming MBC drama series “Prometheus” co-starring Jin Goo. According to Ha Ji-Won’s management company Haewadal Entertainment, Ha Ji-Won has left the drama series. No specific reason were given by her management company, but they did state that her reason for leaving will be announced at a later date. “Prometheus” would have been Ha Ji-Won’s first acting role since the death of her brother in January, 2018.

“Prometheus” is tentatively scheduled to air sometime during the first half of next year in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/ha-ji-won-drops-out-of-drama-mbc-series-prometheus

31 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Hajiwon backed off from the show n the PD too left it

The PD left too? What is going on? I was keeping an eye on this drama. The cast was good but the plot did not convince me entirely.  I am  cautious when I heard about big budget dramas because they are rarely live up the expectations. I want to see a good action/ spy drama. I really do. I hope it is not a production problem.

4 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

I had great hopes for the show.. But the team took it forever to shoot.. They had to start shooting by September but they still made no move.. I was onboard for jiwon.. This kinda role suits her the best but she isn't the part now.. Let's hope to get the reason soon

Sure, the preparation for this show took a long time. It is alright but I can see an inconvenience for actors who are stuck with this project. If there are problems in the production, it is bad for everyone involved. If the PD and the main actress are dropping the show is not a good sign, for me anyway. I have another drama in my mind who has big problems (Four Men) and with all these bad news, It is not reasuring. I hope we will know what is the reasong for their departure. I hope Ha Ji Won left for a better offer.

1 minute ago, larus said:

Sure, the preparation for this show took a long time. It is alright but I can see an inconvenience for actors who are stuck with this project. If there are problems in the production, it is bad for everyone involved. If the PD and the main actress are dropping the show is not a good sign, for me anyway. I have another drama in my mind who has big problems (Four Men) and with all these bad news, It is not reasuring. I hope we will know what is the reasong for their departure. I hope Ha Ji Won left for a better offer.

Yes it's better to leave if they have problems within at the early stage!! Hoping we get to know the reason.. I really hope it's another drama offer!! 

24 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Yes it's better to leave if they have problems within at the early stage!! Hoping we get to know the reason.. I really hope it's another drama offer!! 

It seams that they are on the in the preparatory stage although it announced the shooting in overseas location at the end of last September. It is a smart move to leave now if there is problems in the production. The big budget dramas are very hard to produce. They have to get a lot of money and if they could not receive it that`s going to generate lots of problems. If the PD left too, that could  be  a conflict with the direction of the show. We`ll hear more news soon.

Ha Ji Won Leaves Cast Of Upcoming Spy Drama “Prometheus”

2a30cb68cee945269bab407e2930c296.jpeg?s=

by C. Hong

Ha Ji Won is no longer attached to the drama “Prometheus.”

“Prometheus” co-stars Jin Goo and has gained attention for its huge budget of 30 billion won (approximately $26.3 million). It tells the story of a former North Korean officer who gets involved in an incident in Russia and finds himself working as a day laborer in South Korea (Jin Goo), as well as an intelligence officer who aims to denuclearize the Korean peninsula (Ha Ji Won).

On October 10, a source from TVReport stated that Ha Ji Won had discussed everything with the production staff and made the final decision not to appear in the drama. Her casting news was announced earlier this summer.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1243317wpp/ha-ji-won-leaves-cast-upcoming-spy-drama-prometheus

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/10/actress-ha-ji-won-leaves-the-cast-of-upcoming-drama-prometheus

Actress Ha Ji Won leaves the cast of upcoming drama 'Prometheus'

ha-ji-won

Actress Ha Ji Won has left the cast of the upcoming MBC drama 'Prometheus'. 

Ha Ji Won was reported to have joined the cast of the big budget drama also starring Jin Goo, Park Ki Woong, and Hollywood actor Lee Ki Hong, but on October 10, insiders revealed she decided not to star in the series. A source from Ha Ji Won's label simply stated, "The exact details will be revealed at a later date."

'Prometheus' centers around the story of a former North Korean agent who ends up as a day laborer in South Korea, and the covert operations fighting against nuclear experiments in North Korea. It's expected to air in the first half of 2019. 

Stay tuned for updates on the drama.

Archived