Quantcast
Jump to content
the girl who!

[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

I haven't watched yet @Ameera Ali she should run away or divorce him. They treat her like a slave just because her family goes bankrupt. 

 

She at least  in ep 3 , she obviously planning  some kind of ploting toward family I thinks she the one gives paparazzi their dirty secret , she not easy as she seem in the first 2 episodes .

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am normally not a makjang-ish drama fan but this drama's execution, cameography and pacing captures my heart....
Not unlike Ji Sung & Hwang Jung-eum's Secret.

 

And it is nice to see how much the leads' acting has improved since Cunning Single Lady.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

 

She at least  in ep 3 , she obviously planning  some kind of ploting toward family I thinks she the one gives paparazzi their dirty secret , she not easy as she seem in the first 2 episodes .

 

True, won't be suprised if her in laws are behind her family's bankruptcy. Also there is a child involved so she may be preparing for child custody as well. It was funny the sister in law took the credit card from the DIL after harassing her and there was no money in there at all which resulted in that fight that landed her in the police station. 

 

 

Could someone kindly explain that scene that shows the full flashback in ep 4 regarding CSH and JIT. CSH says They are both dead but he says "our child" and she snaps and says the child is dead too. But what I don't understand is the following event that takes place after CSH leaves and the nanny holding the baby says something about the mother. Is it a translation error or something else is going on? My sixth sense tells me Chaebol mom or dad have something to do with this mess. I mean they can't be that stupid not to know their daughter is involved with some man and she also gave birth to his child. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lu09 said:

 

Could someone kindly explain that scene that shows the full flashback in ep 4 regarding CSH and JIT. CSH says They are both dead but he says "our child" and she snaps and says the child is dead too. But what I don't understand is the following event that takes place after CSH leaves and the nanny holding the baby says something about the mother. Is it a translation error or something else is going on? My sixth sense tells me Chaebol mom or dad have something to do with this mess. I mean they can't be that stupid not to know their daughter is involved with some man and she also gave birth to his child. 

 

In my understanding she is the one that threw out her daughter in the street not her mother ( that what he said to the woman ) . I thinks she had postnatal depression after birth , that why she wish her daughter dead - I am watching now other drama same situation mother didn’t want her child and come back for her & fighting lead actor for it [ my healing Iove]

 

I thinks her family knows but don’t care If her pregnancy didn’t hit the paparazzi  that time it’s not problem for her family . I find her parent cold towards her even she not warm toward them they are business like with each other . Even her mother said she is like her enemy .:D

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lu09 ~ it sounded like soo hyun's mom had kidnapped the baby or something? because the nanny said tell we found the baby her mom threw and she is safe or something like that... the writer is still giving us only pieces.. guess we will know more as the story progresses...

 

but am not liking the news witch lady at all. ugh. but hae ra raised an interesting observation where she felt that soo hyun was nervous and she thinks that soo hyun might like in joon. chingus, what do you think? does she actually like him? as far as he is concerned, this is a marriage of convenience and so he has no interest in even being romantic with her. so what exactly is the deal? that they lead separate lives but for show in front of media? but soo hyun expects more? or maybe nervous because in joon is clearly dragging his feet and showing signs that he is as easily controlled?

 

in joon and he ra are bonding on so many levels -- both have a genuine passion for shoes and they can feel each other's energy. also they both feel suffocated by the twists and turns of life and don't really have a safe place and are finding comfort in each other.. .so even without this revenge deal hanging over their head, they could genuinely fall in love very easily... but perhaps, that revenge deal is the push to put aside her pride and practicality and pursue him to her heart's content...

 

tae oh continues to be mysterious. wonder why he keeps he ra at arm's length. if he tells her the truth, then won't she be more cooperative? or perhaps he doesn't trust her yet? it was interesting that he said just having her anxious is revenge. but what she will throw at him as part of war? hope they don't end up reconciling or something in the end. let him have his own happy ending that has nothing to do with this witch.

 

@Ameera Ali @stargazer187 ~ it is fun to see that sister-in-law is not that stupid or timid. looks like she is gathering evidence and like you, am expecting that it is probably to get a good divorce settlement and get child custody... or perhaps, she will use info to build allies and get out of that toxic house...

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 9:47 AM, scarletlover1 said:

This one has definitely caught my interest, I don't believe I've seen a revenge drama like this one. Well its the second male lead out for revenge, not that I can blame him. That woman isn't even human, she abandons her daughter and hears about her dying and doesn't even care. Shipping the OTP already too!

22 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Well I’v just had the fortunes of watching first two episodes and I love it :D 

 

Cha soo Hyun is horrible human being , She is a classic bully isn’t she . She probably miserable and doesn’t have any friend But only targeting people who she can manipulate. It should be fun to steal her man. 

 

 

18 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

He expects her attention. He might think that the child will bring her back or some sort of revenge. Well, as the truth if them isn't out yet, for now she's just an evil witch that we love to hate. Lol

 

@zenya22 I like the theory of yours. It explains why she is so in rage. But I think if she's not her daughter why would he thinks that she'll give her care for the child. So I still believe that she is her daughter. And the reason why they broke up must be for other reason other than he cheats on her. Like her wealthy chaebol dad against their relationship.

 

Hello All, Was intending to respond to your comments yesterday but got tied up but will do so now.. 

CSH is typical as they come.. She thinks her status can protect her from anyone finding out about her past. She wort then some of the men in this drama.. Her Ex shouldn't have told her about GR but hey he did. I can see he still shows love for her so I don't see how planning revenge on her is going to cut it.. If he really wanted revenge on her why not just expose her.. I some how thinks he's leaving this to GR when the time comes.. The Ex keeps asking for GR to bring the mans heart, Do he wants to step on it after the wedding or before.. I just don't get whats he up to.. GR should be asking herself why he choose her and not someone else whats the connection between them all..     

 

I couldn't believe what I heard she had the baby and threw it away..  He went searching for the baby and found it.. What a cold hearted women.

 

16 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

I haven't watched yet @Ameera Ali she should run away or divorce him. They treat her like a slave just because her family goes bankrupt. 

She's there for a reason.. I see her throwing monkey wrench in hubby program.. I bet she'll divorce him and leave him with nothing and mother will be begging her to help him.. 

Also did they switch actress for the one thats playing the sister..?

 

2 hours ago, lu09 said:

True, won't be suprised if her in laws are behind her family's bankruptcy. Also there is a child involved so she may be preparing for child custody as well. It was funny the sister in law took the credit card from the DIL after harassing her and there was no money in there at all which resulted in that fight that landed her in the police station. 

 

 

Could someone kindly explain that scene that shows the full flashback in ep 4 regarding CSH and JIT. CSH says They are both dead but he says "our child" and she snaps and says the child is dead too. But what I don't understand is the following event that takes place after CSH leaves and the nanny holding the baby says something about the mother. Is it a translation error or something else is going on? My sixth sense tells me Chaebol mom or dad have something to do with this mess. I mean they can't be that stupid not to know their daughter is involved with some man and she also gave birth to his child. 

@lu09 TBH I don't think her parents know.. I think this is the reason CSH wants this marriage to happen badly and fastly before her parents and everyone finds out.. Her claiming that GR will be the cause of everything going wrong for him It's going to be her..  I see plagarism going on besides CSH jealousy GR is going to have her hands full.. The other shoe designer already showing her claws.. Why be mad at GR when she should have designed a better shoe..  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to go back to rewatch after completed subs and edited to understand what happened between Tae Oh and Soo Hyun. It is still not very clear what happened between the two and what Tae Oh wants from Soo Hyunu because clearly she wants him out of her life. Yet there is so much emotion flaring when they meet. 

 

Also, Soo Hyun keeps telling Hae Ra during their confrontation that she is form Heundae, Busan as if it is a threat. What is with Heundae Busan????.... is it gangster land or tough people's land? Yet, they are both from Busan and they are both gangster like with each other. I love my women to be tough and yes richard simmons ... and I like that their confrontations are a of a battle of wills, however Soo Hyun needs to cool it with the slapping because once she uses violence, she already lost. Hae Ra is right about Soo Hyun, she is scared of losing. She acts tough but she is scared. I also like that the two women are the attention grabbers, the stars of the show from my point of view in this series and the men with them are more like props. Tae Oh is calling the shots for now but it won't be long before Hae Ra takes the reins from him and direct the aim of the shots, on the other hand Soo Hyun is seems desperately trying to direct the direction of her relationship with In Joon but she might end up losing him and the business she wants to join in. 

 

The abused daughter in law and wife seems so docile, pitiful and dependent but she will get even quietly and unobtrusively. Whose side will she be on? 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rubie said:

Hae Ra.. the Cinderella..

actually is a great pair of shoes and looks snazzy as a gift.... as an aside, when i was a child and reading cinderella, I was confused by the idea of glass shoes. living in tropical country with summer heat all year around, I wondered if she was sweating so much and thats why the glass shoes slipped off! hahahah... :lol:

but while watching hae ra's shoes, wondered how she fit in those heels if it was slightly bigger.... and these are like 5-6 inch heels! it was cute that he is hiding it as a gift under her desk.. guess, he never gave soo hyun any shoes though? ... but isn't there superstition that if you gift shoes, they run away? (from dialogues in other kdramas).. so you are supposed to "buy" the shoes by giving a coin or some token?

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lmangla said:

 

16 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Also, Soo Hyun keeps telling Hae Ra during their confrontation that she is form Heundae, Busan as if it is a threat. What is with Heundae Busan????.... is it gangster land or tough people's land? Yet, they are both from Busan and they are both gangster like with each other. I love my women to be tough and yes richard simmons ... and I like that their confrontations are a of a battle of wills, however Soo Hyun needs to cool it with the slapping because once she uses violence, she already lost. Hae Ra is right about Soo Hyun, she is scared of losing. She acts tough but she is scared. I also like that the two women are the attention grabbers, the stars of the show from my point of view in this series and the men with them are more like props. Tae Oh is calling the shots for now but it won't be long before Hae Ra takes the reins from him and direct the aim of the shots, on the other hand Soo Hyun is seems desperately trying to direct the direction of her relationship with In Joon but she might end up losing him and the business she wants to join in. 

@zenya22  CSH will use this gangster to go after GR especially if her marrige don't happens as fast as possibile.. Her Ex will need to get more involved because it's going to become about protecting DR life.. I would love to see her face becomes the face everyone know more then just a model and anchor woman.. I see her loosing the shoe model contract to DR.. Maybe DR will tell TO that her wearing her shoes makes them looks cheap.. But no worries all her skeletons will start to fall out of the closet.. I think GR needs to find the bargaining chip to deal with CSH and the EX.

 

@Lmangla  Yes she likes him you see how she tried to seduce him and he rejected her and reminded her that there marriage is of convience only.. No hanky panky at all.. You seen her flashbacking on her time with him in that restuarant.. In her mind that spot was just for him and her to let there guard down and be just regular people.. She can't loose TO to GR how would this make her look to society and her parents and especially if she lost him to someone with no status that her EX sent..  Mom and Dad trying to marry her into and elite family who may look elite from the outside but just as dysfunctional as any other rich family.. Her parents needs this marriage and so do she just to try and clean up her past.. Her Mom knows nothing stays a secret forever if they already have her married into the family they think they could control the family with money because of her ugly stained life..

 

My opinion becoming and anchor woman was asking for trouble for herself..

 

Also @Lmangla  Wait til CSH finds out that GR wore those shoes before she and has a pair.. She may try and pull out all GR hair..

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Also @Lmangla  Wait til CSH finds out that GR wore those shoes before she and has a pair.. She may try and pull out all GR hair..

she is already slapped her so many times; so definitely hair pulling! hahahahha... :D

yea, she will probably seethe with jealousy if she finds out about the shoes... and the date was interesting because he seemed at least friendly with her then... but now that he is engaged to her, he partially seems to despise and mock her. guess, she and her family are so controlling that they feel more like vipers for him... so he always seems very careful and on edge with her.... yea her being an announcer will definitely come to bite her especially when folks find out that she has a dying child she did not bother about ...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@zenya22 you might want to Google Haeundae beach thats all.

 

One needs to know what is Haeundae to Busan. Like Gangnam to Seoul.

 

Lolol its a beach holiday destination for tourists. Good hotels. I mean Busan has islands and good food anyway but if you're visiting Busan- then one needs to check out Haeundae.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

@zenya22 you might want to Google Haeundae beach thats all.

 

One needs to know what is Haeundae to Busan. Like Gangnam to Seoul.

 

Lolol its a beach holiday destination for tourists. Good hotels. I mean Busan has islands and good food anyway but if you're visiting Busan- then one needs to check out Haeundae.

Thank you so much for the info.

 

But why then does Soo Hyun always say when she is angered by Hae Ra that she is from Heundae, Busan as if it was a threat? As if  she thinks...people should be wary of or fear her because she is from Busan? Like ... so what if you are from Busan? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just viewed episode 7 after 100% subbed, I was interested to see the sub of Tae Oh's recollection of what happened between him and Soo Hyun and the baby. The babysitter said to go tell Soo Hyun that she found the baby that her mother threw away. Tae Oh responded that he thinks it was Soo Hyun who threw the baby away. However, that could be his own interpretation or his own words. It still does not clarify anything of what really happened. Unless the writers want to make SH a cold hearted and ruthless witch. That will be disappointing because it takes away the complicated and poignant relationship dynamics of the major characters. It will be same storyline, rich man poor girl and rich girl witch antagonist. I was hoping since there is a foursome that the story will be subtler and more profound. It seems that Soo Hyun got more desperate when she found out that Tae Oh, her ex and the father of her child (the child Tae Oh claims she abandoned) was involved with the company of her fiance. But just my pov 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Haeundae means " I am rich. Therefore I am a different class from you ie higher. " The implications being that she is rich, educated and has different specs from Hae Ra. Haeundae beach real estate being pricier. You can check out the Gyeongsang universities etc but the rich probably went to the SKY universities.

 

Also people from Busan are or implied to be aggressive because their accent/ satoori around aggressive. Their tones go up and low more obviously. They are considered less city folk since it is smaller. Their informal words lot more rough.

 

And... anyone want to help here? Since I am i only passing by. Anyway, I have no clue if you were paying attention when some people are on screen re accents. News readers are held up as standard for the standard Korean accent. Because their diction are the best. I do listen to Korean news and it is true. Anyway when HR's friend speaks to her- I can't use the others as examples since they are in Seoul accent- she is using words differently. Also please note how she addresses HR. Then compared SH and her supposedly refined speech and therefore higher social status. I mean we all know that specs and social status is everything. 

 

There are usually satoori used in most of the other dramas recently. But using Busan/ Gyeongsang dialects are not as common. If I remember right it is Jeollado right?

 

Also, well you don't need to, even the Busan curse words are rough. Jejudo satoori is the worst. It doesn't even sound Korean.

 

Gotta go. Like I said I was only passing by. I was watching ep 1-3 in the middle of the night so wasn't paying that close an attention to what exactly was said when it was satoori. There wasn't much so I can only remember what the friend said. 

 

Anyone else can feel free to correct me.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Ok. Haeundae means " I am rich. Therefore I am a different class from you ie higher. " The implications being that she is rich, educated and has different specs from Hae Ra. Haeundae beach real estate being pricier. You can check out the Gyeongsang universities etc but the rich probably went to the SKY universities.

 

Also people from Busan are or implied to be aggressive because their accent/ satoori around aggressive. Their tones go up and low more obviously. They are considered less city fold since it is smaller. Their informal words lot more rough.

 

And... anyone want to help here? Since I am i only passing by. Anyway, I have no clue if you were paying attention when some people are on screen re accents. News readers are held up as standard for the standard Korean accent. Because their diction are the best. I do listen to Korean news and it is true. Anyway when HR's friend speaks to her- I can't use the others as examples since they are in Seoul accent- she is using words differently. Also please note how she addresses HR. Then compared SH and her supposedly refined speech and therefore higher social status. I mean we all know that specs and social status is everything. 

 

There are usually satoori used in most of the other dramas recently. But using Busan/ Gyeongsang dialects are not as common. If I remember right it is Jeollado right?

 

Also, well you don't need to, even the Busan curse words are rough. Jejudo satoori is the worst. It doesn't even sound Korean.

 

Gotta go. Like I said I was only passing by. I was watching ep 1-3 in the middle of the night so wasn't paying that close an attention to what exactly was said when it was satoori. There wasn't much so I can only remember what the friend said. 

 

Anyone else can feel free to correct me.

Ahhhhhh, very informational, thank you. It explains Soo Hyun's attitude. I do love listening to the dialect even if I don't understand it but the way the actors speak it and their expressions are enough to discern what they are feeling. 

 

I am glad you passed by. Thanks again

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 3:03 PM, zenya22 said:

Just viewed episode 7 after 100% subbed, I was interested to see the sub of Tae Oh's recollection of what happened between him and Soo Hyun and the baby. The babysitter said to go tell Soo Hyun that she found the baby that her mother threw away. Tae Oh responded that he thinks it was Soo Hyun who threw the baby away. However, that could be his own interpretation or his own words. It still does not clarify anything of what really happened. Unless the writers want to make SH a cold hearted and ruthless witch. That will be disappointing because it takes away the complicated and poignant relationship dynamics of the major characters. It will be same storyline, rich man poor girl and rich girl witch protagonist. I was hoping since there is a foursome that the story will be subtler and more profound. It seems that Soo Hyun got more desperate when she found out that Tae Oh, her ex and the father of her child (the child Tae Oh claims she abandoned) was involved with the company of her fiance. But just my pov 

Maybe she was raped by him, had the baby, and told them that they were dead for that reason?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Er how about she was younger and in love. Not rape. I mean I wouldn't presume rape in the first instance.

 

But since this is a melo, it could be part of the backstory. It better not be that makjang. But it is possible since this drama has all the makjang elements

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...