Quantcast
the girl who!

[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

I just found out her bestfriend died. Why did she have to die? Now HR is truly alone plus this wasn't even something the bestfriend had to get involved in :(

I feel like it will end as an open ending. Leaning towards both leads staying together at the end. I feel they only have each other now. Regardless of this big mess they truly love each other, it can spark again. If they go their separate ways I'm fine with that too.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

January 27, 2019

"Fates and Furies" Joo Sang-wook Gets Out of Prison and Viewing Percentage Soars

Source: Hankook Ilbo via HanCinema.net

photo1032371.jpg

The scene where Joo Sang-wook gets out and looks at the sky with a determined look on his face recorded 8.7% in percentage.

The latest episode of "Fates and Furies" on the 26th rated 7.5% and 7.0%. The second chapter of the drama appears to be about the twisted fates of Joo Sang-wook and Lee Min-jung and Joo Sang-wook's revenge. The best viewing percentage was at around 11:01PM when Joo Sang-wook got out of prison after 2 years and having heard from Lee Ki-woo that Lee Min-jung had approached him intentionally. He thought hard in prison until his release

The twenty-ninth episode started with Tae In-joon (Joo Sang-wook) asking Goo Hae-ra (Lee Min-jung) for the truth. He asked her why she wanted to marry him and tried to kiss her, but she couldn't answer him and left him to be.

"Fates and Furies" is about a woman who loves a man to change her fate, a man who thinks she is his fate and a woman who loves the man for a purpose, eventually resulting in the man wanting her back for revenge.

"Fates and Furies" So Yi-hyun Lies to Joo Sang-wook That Lee Min-jung Doesn't Love Him

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Scribbles24 said:

I feel like it will end as an open ending. Leaning towards both leads staying together at the end. I feel they only have each other now. Regardless of this big mess they truly love each other, it can spark again. If they go their separate ways I'm fine with that too.

I would prefer an open ending with the two of them going their separate ways. She has never shown her true self to him; it's always been about plotting and manipulation. The final blow was drugging him in a scheme to have everything taken from him. After 2 years in prison, I don't know how he rekindle love for such a person. Yes, she may do things to help him regain what he lost and his forgiveness, but I don't know how he can ever trust her again. No relationship can survive without trust.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I would prefer an open ending with the two of them going their separate ways. She has never shown her true self to him; it's always been about plotting and manipulation. The final blow was drugging him in a scheme to have everything taken from him. After 2 years in prison, I don't know how he rekindle love for such a person. Yes, she may do things to help him regain what he lost and his forgiveness, but I don't know how he can ever trust her again. No relationship can survive without trust

I have not watched the last 4 episodes with subs yet, and I am not in a hurry.  I was routing for Hae-Ra and In-Joon.  I had hoped that she would put aside her revenge; however, she wouldn't let it go and she learned a hard and painful lesson.  I have to disagree with one thing you said, Hae-Ra did show her true self to In Joon once.  When she was frightened, it was her, not revenge kissing him, it was her and not revenge that wanted him to stay the night.  When she told her sister she was "excited" and when she threw away the information, it was her heart; but her need for revenge got the best of her and she came back and retrieved the envelope.  Instead of listening to her heart, she let revenge cloud her judgment and as you stated, how can In-Joon trust her again?  She wouldn't  have she blown it if she had only listened to those around her. Her best friend told her to let it go, her informant, told her to stop, let it go; however, she would not listen. I think she went overboard because she felt it was her fault that she best friend was killed.    Would I be harsh if I said, Hae-Ra is going to get what was coming to her?  She drugged In-Joon and from what I could tell without subs, was instrumental in putting him in prison...wow.   My only regret is In-Joon; now he will go down the dark tunnel of revenge.  This drama is becoming so sad, because two people who care for each other are tearing each other apart.  I believe they were fated to be together; however, the fury of betrayal, revenge and distrust has gotten in the way of any meaningful relationship they could have. 

I cannot guess how this drama is going to end, because I would not have predicted that In-Joon would be in prison for what, caring for another human. What a tangled web.  More importantly, I do want them a some point, all four, (In-Joon, Tae-Oh, Soo-Hyun and Hae-Ra) put aside their differences and work together with the daughter-in-law to bring the step mother and her son down.  They are the ones that should be in prison.  I still think that the step mother had something to do with In Joon's mother's death. 

Have we found out who the mysterious woman was that approached Tae-Oh and set all of this in motion? 

@Lmangla

Loved your post, your analysis was on point. 

"well that was certainly an unexpected twist... makes you wonder what is going to happen going forward...

so hera really is quite an interesting lead because she isn't a typical candy at all. injoon said that when he met her, she was angry and he was drawn to that fire... and in this week, we get bit more clarity into what drove her... so first she gets her dreams crushed when she has to come back from italy and then spends 4 years caring for her comatose sister. caregivers can go through grief as well as anger and with hera, there was a sense of resentment as well. she loves her sister but there's also the practical worries. she felt angry that her sister would attempt suicide and now she has to pay for these expenses she cannot afford. in a sense, she felt robbed of her dreams and her life. then, she finds out that her sister didn't commit suicide and someone attempted to kill her and that rage turns in a different direction. there is the sense of shame that her studies in italy was financed by her sister being a mistress. this guilt adds to the rage."

I am glad you mentioned the grief, resentment and anger caregivers often go through.  We have not looked at Hae-Ra's situation from her perspective and why she would agree to Tae-Oh's proposal when it was clear she was reluctant to do so.  I think it was more about the money to care for her sister, than revenge at first.  

• Like 6

11 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I would prefer an open ending with the two of them going their separate ways. She has never shown her true self to him; it's always been about plotting and manipulation. The final blow was drugging him in a scheme to have everything taken from him. After 2 years in prison, I don't know how he rekindle love for such a person. Yes, she may do things to help him regain what he lost and his forgiveness, but I don't know how he can ever trust her again. No relationship can survive without trust.

Sadly , I think you’re right , they’ve got to a stage now where they can’t live with each other , the reality is there’s just too much in the way , too much history, too much damage on both sides , too many people who were hurt or killed for both of them to move on and forget. 

I rewatched the episodes again and it’s still annoying  to me that the writer put him in the prison , I always thought their relationship to have to end would destroy them, I had faith he can forgive her at end that’s why I didn’t mind her plotting for the revenge and thought their relationship could have survived anything  but the dead of uncle saving him mess up everything it’s the worst case scenario I can imagine , specially that he warns  him about her many times that why as much as it kill me , I really can’t see a situation where they can be together happily. 

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

So, I have some feelings about the last few episodes...

First, let's start with the most useless character in this drama, A-Jung, or JH's wife. How are you spying/monitoring these people for four years and have done absolutely nothing??? She's four years worth of evidence on tapes in the pantry. I need this to make sense. Anybody could easily discover those tapes and just throw them all away.

Which leads me to Sun Young. I love how loyal of a friend she was to HR, but I wish she was smarter about helping her. She got caught before by AJ, who just so happened to keep quiet and not say anything. I knew when she started listening to the tapes and was sitting in there for so long, she was going to get caught. Not only did she stay too long, she left out with the recorder in her hands, got caught and then took off running like a guilty party. I knew she wasn't going to make it. She should've took the tape out and hid it somewhere and then just surrendered and gave back the recorder. Poor SJ. Even when she called HR, she didn't say anything.

So, this tragedy led to Jung Min getting kicked out of their house, rightfully so. It was however, at this point that HR made her biggest mistake. After she confronted Sung Sook about her knowledge of her sister, SS was so blase about it. She even blamed her for SJ's death. At that point, HR should've seen that this woman was trash! YOU DON'T BELIEVE TRASH PEOPLE!!! Not only did HR believe SS, she allowed the woman to talk her into drugging IJ. Both HR and IJ ended up in the predicaments that they were in because they were not smart, they were both passive aggressive and they didn't communicate to each other. When SH brought that letter and picture to IJ, he should've at least asked HR about it. Instead, he remained quiet and in the end, he practically slept through the board meeting.

Although, that board meeting was insignificant. It was too late anyway. IJ had already given ALL of his shares to JH. As we watched the secretary uncle struggle as he couldn't enter, I realized that this was a plan that had been long in the works. HR was just a pawn in a plan they had already set in motion a long time ago. The same with HR, I will never understand why she never looked into the type of relationship her sister had. Because the fact is, her sister got involved with a married man whom she foolishly believed would leave his wife and marry her once she announced she was pregnant. We also now know that AJ has a son. HR blindly trusted and believed Chang Soo who she was working with, but he was duped too. Neither of them did their due diligence and in the end, her sister's plight was never avenged. In the end, IJ not only lost any power within the company, but he lost his mother's shoe company (he should've known that would happen) and he ended up going to jail for his brother's crime.

It was frustrating, yet at the same time, it was necessary to wake our OTP up. So, it is two years later and I have a few predictions:

- In Joon is going to spend too much time trying to get back at Hae Ra, instead of focusing on his brother and stepmom, who really are the ones who orchestrated all of this.

- It would be an interesting arc if HR  got pregnant by IJ and they now have a child, but I don't know where the writers will go with this.

- I believe HR will make Gold Shoes a success. That is her only saving grace for the role she played in IJ losing everything.
- SH will have helped her daughter stay alive, but she is secretly planning to reconcile with IJ.

- TH will make some bad business deals that will require the father to be woken up, but they will probably run into complications because of this. [Oh, and I don't feel sorry for the father. He is the cause of a lot of this].

What say you chingus?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Sadly , I think you’re right , they’ve got to a stage now where they can’t live with each other , the reality is there’s just too much in the way , too much history, too much damage on both sides , too many people who were hurt or killed for both of them to move on and forget. 

9 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I would prefer an open ending with the two of them going their separate ways. She has never shown her true self to him; it's always been about plotting and manipulation.

I disagree. Their love for each other weren't damaged. I do feel a believeable fix is possible for them . It shouldn't be returned to it's past state because they are different people now and I feel the magic will be transformed and be better.

Edited by shutthatdoor
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, nubianlegalmind said:

It was frustrating, yet at the same time, it was necessary to wake our OTP up. So, it is two years later and I have a few predictions:

- In Joon is going to spend too much time trying to get back at Hae Ra, instead of focusing on his brother and stepmom, who really are the ones who orchestrated all of this.

- It would be an interesting arc if HR  got pregnant by IJ and they now have a child, but I don't know where the writers will go with this.

- I believe HR will make Gold Shoes a success. That is her only saving grace for the role she played in IJ losing everything.
- SH will have helped her daughter stay alive, but she is secretly planning to reconcile with IJ.

- TH will make some bad business deals that will require the father to be woken up, but they will probably run into complications because of this. [Oh, and I don't feel sorry for the father. He is the cause of a lot of this].

What say you chingus?

I'd like to think IJ has spent the lat two years plotting the revenge already to get them all. I can envisage them showing flashbacks of him in prison receiving papers/info from his assistant and whatnot.

HR being pregnant wouldn't make sense to me- if she suspects this person made her sister pregnant and then tried to kill her leaving her in a coma, not getting on the pill and risking getting pregnant by him also is just...ridiculous? I would put nothing past kdramaland but that wouldn't make no sense

I agree with her having looked after Gold Shoes like his mom wanted.

Pretty sure the father is now dead? Isn't it mentioned after the two year jump when they're talking about no-one coming to receive IJ as he's coming out of prison that the dad has been dead for two years so there's no-one left on his side?

1 hour ago, shutthatdoor said:

I disagree. Their love for each other weren't damaged. I do feel a believeable fix is possible for them . It shouldn't be returned to it's past state because they are different people now and I feel the magic will be transformed and be better.

Forgetting about everything he directly lost/experienced due to her which is more than enough he indirectly also lost his uncle who to him would now be "right" as he warned him about her from the start and even his friend from the workshop suffered as he still can't seem to use his hands properly after two years and presumably can't make shoes anymore.

Not sure how you can conclude his love for her not being damaged. She directly and indirectly caused him to lose everything/hurt the people he cares for

• Like 2

13 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

What say you chingus?

@nubianlegalmind, I loved your post. I have a feeling that In Joon and Hae Ra will work together to bring down his brother and stepmother--if the sister in law doesn't beat them to it--then again, the sister in law may work with In Joon to take the all down. I can tell that this is a writer who probably usually write daily dramas----it has all of the crazy angst that you normally find in long 120+ episodes.

For me, when she slept with him, I thought it was only to gain his trust. Everything about her interaction to me was about manipulation with a hint every now and then of a conscience. The reason she could go back and get the envelope was because her heart was never settled with him. The reason why she could easily believe the lies against him was because she wanted to.  When someone tell us something bad about people we love, we don't believe them--we try everything to prove them wrong. In the case of HR, she believed the lies in spite of the fact that they made no sense logically. 

To be honest, IMO, the remaining 8 (4-hours) episodes left is not enough time to effectively develop a love relationship between these two unless the writer put in another crazy twist (pregnancy--the stuff daily dramas thrive on...:lol:).  I can see SH and IJ ending up together. As bad as she was, SH never doubted IJ. As much as she may not acknowledge it, she felt in love with IJ; it wasn't just about a contract marriage with no emotional ties.

12 hours ago, shutthatdoor said:

@shutthatdoor, this is a K-drama where anything could happen because logic doesn't count.  However, I disagree that their love for each other wasn't damaged. Her "love" for him is very doubtful; however, his love for her was based on a facade; he never got a chance to see the real person who wasn't plotting (maybe once....maybe). She manipulated him in every way and then was part of a plot that ended with him going to prison. I don't see how any man in his right mind would want to go back to HR. Even if she does good things to help him regain "his" company that she's now president of, can he really trust her motives?.....not lightly.

Again, this is a k-drama and the writer may have them end up together, but if this was in the real world, he would throw salt every time she crossed his path.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Again, this is a k-drama and the writer may have them end up together, but if this was in the real world, he would throw salt every time she crosse this path.

I see what you were saying. You are right about this being a kdrama and maybe that's the beauty about television, the Impossible can happen.

• Like 4

Its alot of stuff we dont know like what did TO tell IJ about HR  and what happens those 2 years.We know IJ felt guilty by not reporting garbage bro so that can be a factor in forgiving her.Also thst dude that has been helping  HR can really help with this too. So many people died already because of his family so I dont know how he will react.

So much we dont know but I think this is all key.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Its alot of stuff we dont know like what did TO tell IJ about HR  and what happens those 2 years.We know IJ felt guilty by not reporting garbage bro so that can be a factor in forgiving her.Also thst dude that has been helping  HR can really help with this too. So many people died already because of his family so I dont know how he will react.

So much we dont know but I think this is all key.

@dramaninja, and that's why I say it wouldn't surprise me if there is a happy ending for this couple because of it being a K-drama. The thing about romance novels that I used to love as a teenager is they create a romantic fantasy. That's what initially pulled me to k-dramas many years ago. In this drama, there is a lot of "fantasy". 

-  I can see TO, who sees how HR has now changed, tell IJ how he and HR had both been deceived by some person from IJ's family.

-  I can see IJ's guilt for not reporting his brother and therefore excuses HR's deception as justifiable.

-  I can see HR just keeping up an act to hide the fact that she truly loves IJ, but has to keep up the facade in order to not be overwhelmed in guilt.

-  I can see how IJ won't blame HR for him giving up the shares, because she never "asked" him to

I can see all of this happening, because this drama is written where people behave as others manipulated them to act (TO, HR and IJ). TO manipulated to pursue SH for a kidney. HR manipulated to make IJ fall in love with her. IJ foolishly falling for a woman who has the warmth of a cold fish for about 80% of the time they interact with each other. Why in the world would TO decide to start harassing SH for a kidney? It's not like he didn't know his daughter needed a kidney. However, finding out that SH was going to marry IJ, he decided to act--even threaten the life of HR's sister to force her to continue up with the manipulation of IJ.  What truly motivated him? Was it for his daughter or was it for SH? The writer's pen can make anything happen.

-  I can see TO's real motive was that he's still in love with SH.

-  I can see SH coming to her senses and wanting to be there for her daughter

I can see a lot of impossible things happening because it's a K-drama and we've already seen them in this drama. We had the scene of IJ's father saying that he really needed SH's father to back IJ and it would help IJ father's business. However, a few episodes later, we see that IJ's father could cripple SH father's business with one phone call---really? As a strategic alliance manager (vendor management) I can tell you that SH father's company is not financial viable on the verge of collapse. In the real world, IJ's father would not want his son marrying into this family.....he really couldn't back him. Lastly, on in a K-drama could HR with zero business experience be given the job of president of a shoe company and it becomes successful.

I say all of this in that nothing will surprise me when it comes to IJ and HR, it just will be a little forced by the writer's pen. HR's sister is not dead, although I can't really say she's "living" either, but her need for revenge has resulted in her best friend's death; an innocent man being manipulated, company stolen by her, and thrown into prison. His only fault was he didn't turn his brother in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, anony12345 said:

HR being pregnant wouldn't make sense to me- if she suspects this person made her sister pregnant and then tried to kill her leaving her in a coma, not getting on the pill and risking getting pregnant by him also is just...ridiculous? I would put nothing past kdramaland but that wouldn't make no sense

@anony12345

It does make sense to not be on the pill or use protection because at the time they slept together, HR was planning to marry IJ; therefore, those precautions were not necessary.  Under those circumstances, I would not consider the premise ridiculous.    What I did find ridiculous is the sister-in-law having a son???  How does that tie in?  Who is the father and is she being blackmailed (the safety of her child) to stay married.

15 hours ago, anony12345 said:
16 hours ago, shutthatdoor said:

I disagree. Their love for each other weren't damaged. I do feel a believable fix is possible for them . It shouldn't be returned to it's past state because they are different people now and I feel the magic will be transformed and be better.

Forgetting about everything he directly lost/experienced due to her which is more than enough he indirectly also lost his uncle who to him would now be "right" as he warned him about her from the start and even his friend from the workshop suffered as he still can't seem to use his hands properly after two years and presumably can't make shoes anymore.

Not sure how you can conclude his love for her not being damaged. She directly and indirectly caused him to lose everything/hurt the people he cares for.

I can understand shutthatdoor and your point of views.  I agree with you that their love have been damaged; however, I agree with shutthatdoor that their love will not return to the past state.  It cannot because of their recent painful experiences.  However, I think as shutthatdoor thinks;  they will fall in love again.  A first it could be because they have a common enemy that they re-bond.   IJ knows that she was used as a pawn and that his step mother and brother are treacherous and HR was no match for them.  IJ will be angry with HR and he will not trust her; however, if they are going to bring that pair down, they must work together   What I cannot understand is why HR did not go to the prison, beg for forgiveness and finally explain everything. 

@nubianlegalmind  I loved your critique.  I am with you, the sister-in-law is totally useless.  As you stated, she has these damaging tapes and she has done nothing with them.  Both IJ and HR were naive and as IJ admitted, it was his fault for trusting his brother when he asked why did he have to take it this far.   IJ knows who is responsible for his uncle's death, it was not a mere accident, it was murder.   IJ realizes he was framed and the information given to HR was fabricated. 

I am hoping that HR is pregnant; because it would change IJ's perspective.  They would be forced to interact and through interacting find a common ground and the love that they lost.  Therefore, I think that HR and IJ will get back together in the end with no pretext, he will know that she loves him and she will know that he truly loves her.

@lclarakl You are right, I used to read romance novels also, and like romance novels, most K-dramas have a formula.  How many romance novels have I read where there was a misunderstanding, the characters never communicated with each, never ask questions and then get back together near the end of the book, (after I have almost torn my hair out and lost my voice by hollering at the pages.)  In most K-dramas, they do not confront each other, or talk to each other when there is a potential problem.  What about asking the question, did you have an affair with my sister and show him the pictures. How simple is that?  Ugh, it is so frustrating. Now I am hollering at the screen, losing my voice and tearing my hair.

• Like 4

She was marrying him to help ruin him and his family - why would she not avoid trying to have a kid with him? You can have a divorce with a marriage so whatever but a kid is a different ball game.

If she was planning on having a kid to aid in her revenge she'd be a very nasty main character. Imagine telling the kid the story of how his father and his family got ruined and the reason you were conceived - would be too cruel. And what's going through her head when she decides she'll have a kid with the person she thinks got her sister pregnant and tried to kill her. 

• Like 3

Of course every relationship is fixable if both parties ready to treat their relationship for what it is , and not some love conquers all romantic ideal ,

The reality is the current situation have boxed both of them into a corner . Never mind In Joon’s anger and disappointed, I can’t see Hae-Ra miraculously getting over everything and living happily after ever with him knowing that she ruined his life , she couldn’t be that callous right :D 

I think she would probably spend the next episodes mad , guilty ridden and miserable which doesn’t have a lot of mileage when she is  already so miserable and guilty ridden . 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Carmarie said:

@anony12345

It does make sense to not be on the pill or use protection because at the time they slept together, HR was planning to marry IJ; therefore, those precautions were not necessary.  Under those circumstances, I would not consider the premise ridiculous.    What I did find ridiculous is the sister-in-law having a son???  How does that tie in?  Who is the father and is she being blackmailed (the safety of her child) to stay married.

@Carmarie I agree that it's not ridiculous if HR ended up pregnant...even if you use contraceptives, you can still get pregnant.  However, would HR keep a baby by a man she thinks impregnated her sister and tried to kill her and she betrayed?  

I think that if she did have a child, it would ease the path with only 8 (4) episodes left for them to reconcile. However, IJ has a lot to do in order to reclaim the business that once belonged to his mother and put the real criminals in jail.

In regards to the sister in law, I wonder if she had this baby before she met her husband. Or could she have been desperate to marry him, not for her family, but because she had a child by another man?  Well in a way, I do believe the sister in law has earned getting something out of these people who abused her for years.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lclarakl said:
On 1/29/2019 at 10:34 AM, Carmarie said:

t does make sense to not be on the pill or use protection because at the time they slept together, HR was planning to marry IJ; therefore, those precautions were not necessary.  Under those circumstances, I would not consider the premise ridiculous.    What I did find ridiculous is the sister-in-law having a son???  How does that tie in?  Who is the father and is she being blackmailed (the safety of her child) to stay married.

@Carmarie I agree that it's not ridiculous if HR ended up pregnant...even if you use contraceptives, you can still get pregnant.  However, would HR keep a baby by a man she thinks impregnated her sister and tried to kill her and she betrayed?  

@lclarakl  I am writing from the point of view that HR now knows that IJ did not have an affair with her sister or try to kill her. 

If HR did get pregnant, but did not know she was pregnant until after she found out that IJ had nothing to do with her sister, she would most likely keep the baby.  We forget that HR liked IJ and was having conflicting thoughts about him.  If we remember, HR apologized to her sister and threw the report in the trash because of her feeling for IJ.  It was after she came back and retrieved the report and saw that her sister was pregnant that her heart began to harden towards IJ.  No one, unless they love someone would have cried the way she did when she found out that she was wrong and IJ was innocent.  I think if the writer went this way and made the character pregnant, HR would definitely keep the baby... who does she have now?  Her best friend is gone, her sister is in a coma and her father and mother are deceased.  She would pour all the love that she did not give IJ into his baby and making his company successful.

• Like 4

I just don' know how happy he'd be knowing he had his kid with what he knows and hasn't even told him - not sure how any father would be happy with that.

Getting Cunning Single Lady vibes again where she never ended up telling him she was pregnant either and then gets guilt tripped for not knowing years later.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1