Quantcast
the girl who!

[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

there might be a legal restriction on non-family donation @zenya22 . this was explored in the drama "marriage contract" with UEE and lee seo jin who do a fake marriage where UEE will donate to seo jin's mom for money. the law is basically to stem organ trafficking and selling of organs for money and so the leads had to go through this check to ensure it was a real marriage and she wasn't coerced into donating. not sure what they do when there is no match within family. from what I remember from that drama, there is some national waiting list? but it takes long time because there are lots of folks? or something like that was mentioned in that drama -- thats what I vaguely remember...

if we assume jenny was born in HK and tae oh also works there, maybe there are non-resident koreans or overseas citizens? so maybe getting on the waiting list becomes even harder for them? or maybe jenny isn't eligible as she was born overseas? maybe thats why tae oh has no option but to go to soo hyun? we might get more details as the drama marches on...

@LmanglaHmmmm, I did not know that about organ donation in SK. My friend's coworker decided herself to donate a kidney and no problem and they had different ethnic backgrounds. During the donor's evaluation, the team of evaluators assigned to the coworker who was the donor were restricted to no interaction with my friend the recipient of the kidney to ensure that there were no conflict of interests, and the evaluations were done in the coworker's best interest without bias or coercion. The coworker was told that at anytime if the she changes her mind, the team then can help  to decline to avoid pressure from the recipient, my friend. But my friend's coworker went on with the donation. 

We don't know how long Jenny waited for a kidney. And since CSH has money, she would not then be accused of selling her organs for money would she? But in her case there is the danger of interference from a vengeful ex. Since there will be a separate team evaluating CSH if she decides to donate, maybe she will be ensured privacy, no publicity, no conflict of interests as in no interference and coercion from JTO. However this is a drama so, yes, we can be sure conflicts of interests from many sources will pop up. But hopefully, the kidney team for Jenny will come through and she gets her most needed kidney. Everyone else can do their drama stink but give Jenny her kidney....

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Lmangla said:

makes sense @sava2sava as the mom seems determined to make soo hyun into a cold mechanical robot. and the whole process of donating a kidney can't be something that happens within a week and so it is not like soo hyun can do this in secret.

so have these distant relatives who went through a similar situation a few years back. they (parents + child + both sets of grandparents) moved from their town to the city where the hospital was and it was about 1 year commitment. even though they had decided the mom would donate (dad had a different blood group and wasn't eligible), it couldn't be done immediately. the girl was 9 or 10 and quite sick and so both patient and donor had to be prepped with medication, diet and psych stuff which took over a month. once the doctors felt both donor and patient were ready, the operation happened and then the recovery was quite long. even the donor is in hospital for about 2 weeks or more and then has to go back for regular checkups as the body adjusts to surviving on one kidney. meanwhile, it took a few more weeks before they would discharge the patient but again, there were constant checkups for the next few months before the doctors said it was fine for the family to move back to their town. so it was close to a year....

this is a drama and maybe the process isn't as long as it was few years back but realistically, we are still looking at a few months of commitment (prep+donation+recovery) from soo hyun and there is no way that her mom would allow her... so definitely tae oh has to go after her as well...

@Lmangla  If you ever watch the drama Be Strong Guem Soon the same process as you describe is what took place.. Maybe he knows how dangerous her family is but when ones a parent trying to save the childs life yes I can see why he's going against all odds.. I don't see how CS coming out of this without getting her mask rip off her face.. If her and TIJ makes it down the isle they going to use the money he got from them to hold him into marriage with her.. On the other hand the childs father got the upperhand here.. I bet he would threaten to go on national televisison and tell the world how ugly thus family is which could be one saving grace for TIJ..  I know CS can't be so cold hearted as to let her own child die just sop she could live with some title but you never know what people are thinking.. 

Speaking of kidney donation I may need to donate one to my sister who refuse to drink water only to live off pepsi..  I have told her over and over again.I have also told her in these words (I would love to keep my body intact please drink some water I beg of you..)

Merry

• Like 3

December 23, 2018

"Fates and Furies" Lee Min-jung Seduced Joo Sang-wook

Source: MBN Star via HanCinema.net

photo1024836.jpg

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Fates and Furies", Jin Tae-oh (Lee Ki-woo) threatened Goo Hae-ra (Lee Min-jung) with the fact that he knew she approached Tae In-joon (Joo Sang-wook) on purpose, and Goo Hae-ra glared at Cha Soo-hyeon (So Yi-hyun) who tried to hit her.

Tae In-joon announced his engagement with Cha Soo-hyeon at a launching event. Jin Tae-oh was outraged and headed for the hospital where Goo Hae-ra's sister Goo Hyeon-joo was admitted in and removed her respirator. Then he strangled Goo Hae-ra and threatened her to seduce Tae In-joon and break off his marriage. Even while she was being strangled, Goo Hae-ra floundered with fear and fury in her eyes.

Goo Hae-ra transformed into a new look and appeared at the office with Jin Tae-oh, bringing about a twist in the drama.

Goo Hae-ra appeared at the engagement party with a present that was a replica of her mother's last pair of shoes, weakening Tae In-joon.

In the end, she said, "Don't get married!" and officially started seducing Tae In-joon.

Spoiler

AsiaToday

20181223001304406_1545538177_1.jpg?1545538177

• Like 7

2 hours ago, philosophie said:

I feel like this show is a mesh of Money Flower, Time, and What happened in Bali. Anyone else with me in that?

You are not the only one lol. It's a mix of all these shows though they should try to take a lesson from Money Flower when it comes to planning revenge lol:joy:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2018 at 10:47 AM, zenya22 said:

Lmanglaand @Ameera Ali good discussion, am both with you re CSH and JTO but am still on the fence on how bad a person she really is since the history between them and the child has not been explained. Is the child really hers or did JTO got someone else pregnant? The conversation between the baby sitter and JTO regarding the baby being found and after supposedly being "thrown away" is still so unclear. They also emotionally trigger each other's reactions. Just like @Ameera Ali I am very curious about their history. 

On 12/22/2018 at 9:05 AM, SeGafanlady said:

a mother who abandon her own child... deserve no love and happiness forever. 

@SeGafanlady did she really abandon her child?? Is it her child or someone else's?? As far as the episodes go, I did not see any clarification of these questions yet..

The child is hers.  The scene where CHS told JTO they were dead,  she walked away before he could tell her he found/located the baby (the nanny came with the baby after she walked away).  I am not sure about the circumstances, whether she put it up for adoption, let it in an orphanage or her mother took care of things. As unhinged as JTO seems to be, I give him high marks for taking responsibility and raising the child himself.  I think JTO really loved CHS and she hurt him terribly, but I believe the trigger was the fact that she walked away from the child. To JTO, CSH is a fraud, she acts as if she is someone she is not.  I am not sure, ( I need to watch the episode again); however, I believe I heard someone talk about rumors of how many boyfriends CHS had and wild she was while away from home.   Knowing her history, guess JTO feels why should CHS be happy, and act as if she doesn't have any responsibility, plus without her help he could possibly lose the one thing he loves above all... his child.

I am loving the chemistry between the characters of HeRa and TIJ their eyes tell the story, especially TIJ's.  He looks as if he could consume HeRa.   The way he looks at her, I expect the room to go up in smoke at any minute. :sweatingbullets:.  

I love this drama.  I am watching several drama concurrently and I am into all of them, the genre's are different, and the plot/story line is different; however, the actors are doing a great job in all of them. 

• Like 11

I am loving the chemistry between the characters of HeRa and TIJ their eyes tell the story, especially TIJ's.  He looks as if he could consume HeRa.   The way he looks at her, I expect the room to go up in smoke at any minute. :sweatingbullets:

In ep 13-16 , it’s seem there will be a good amount of chemistry between them :D, it’s sad that some of her feeling deep down may be tinged with revenge and only trying to seduce him for her own gain .But I don’t believe that is the sole reason . She seem to me she genuinely does care , I can’t wait to know if she succeeded to make him stop his marriage , he seem way care free and acting as if his fiancé don’t exit in these moment with her in next episodes. 

3388F4FA-108E-4507-885F-89E268BB4FC2.gif

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

In ep 13-16 , it’s seem there will be a good amount of chemistry between them :D, it’s sad that some of her feeling deep down may be tinged with revenge and only trying to seduce him for her own gain .But I don’t believe that is the sole reason . She seem to me she genuinely does care , I can’t wait to know if she succeeded to make him stop his marriage , he seem way care free and acting as if his fiancé don’t exit in these moment with her in next episodes

I agree, I think she cared for him even before the wager. They have a lot in common and can relate to each other on a different level.  In the beginning I think that HeRa was not interested in breaking up his engagement; however, with her sister's medical care on the line, and TIJ's fiancee goading, bullying, and slapping her from day one, she now has an incentive.   If it were me, a small part would want to get even with CHS and see that " I am better than you" expression wiped off her face. HeRa is aware of the attraction between TIJ and her and making him jealous seems to be paying off. (I guess we will know for sure after the next two episodes.)  HeRa looked amazing when she walked in during the engagement party and TIJ could not take his eyes off of her.   I believe HeRa will try to get to the bottom of why TIJ paid for her sister's care before she accuses him.  I too think her sister was having an affair with his brother and TIJ paid the bill to cover for his brother because he was married. 

• Like 8

Good evening :)

6B22FAF9-D8B3-4D6D-8302-71DE54B3E03B.gif

Jin Tae-O , don’t poke the bear , it’s a bad idea . Its seem all these poking the bear (CHS ) with the stick seems to wake up big mama bear . It wouldn’t take much to provoke her into violence against every body hurt her child . 

* it would be fun to see two big mama bears fight it over to save their children .

0810EF52-FED2-48A2-9B79-854D975E0B92.gif

@Carmarie u spot on :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I need ep 9 so bad OMG can a kind soul PM me a raw link asap? 

thank U so much in advance...

• Like 3

Can HR please get payback at TO? I wasn't even expecting that... So the man is crazy and tried to kill her sister because he's mad at HR for not doing her job properly? First, I understand him wanting revenge but what I don't understand is why she needs to make IJ fall for her because the situation has nothing to do with him, it doesn't even have anything to do with HR! It's really between TO and SH! Fight each other, don't get other people involved!

Second, SH's side of the family or least her and her mother are despicable people. Can't even call them human beings. How do you throw a baby into the trash? How? SH's mom throws the baby away and then SH says to let the child die... How?!:rage:

Third, so much chemistry between the OTP!:blush:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Wow at the end of that episode. :heart:

I’m so jealous with you chingu...

• Like 2

December 29, 2018

Joo Sang Wook And Lee Min Jung Go On A Wintry Date In “Fates And Furies”

Source: Soompi by L. Kim

Joo Sang Wook And Lee Min Jung Go On A Wintry Date In âFates And Furiesâ

SBS’s “Fates and Furies” released stills of Joo Sang Wook and Lee Min Jung!

“Fates and Furies” is about four men and women — Goo Hae Ra (played by Lee Min Jung), Tae In Joon (played by Joo Sang Wook), Cha Soo Hyun (played by So Yi Hyun), and Jin Tae Oh (played by Lee Ki Woo) — who are surrounded by conspiracy, secrecy, greed, lust, and revenge as they become entangled with one another.

In one of the photos, Joo Sang Wook and Lee Min Jung are taking a walk by a stone wall in an empty park covered with snow. Lee Min Jung is dressed in a bright brown coat, light gray muffler, dark blue jeans, and white boots, while Joo Sang Wook sports a casual and stylish look in a dark gray checked coat and a black muffler. Despite their wintry outfits, Lee Min Jung looks cold with her hands stuffed in the sleeves of her coat, and Joo Sang Wook also has his hands deep in his coat pockets to keep them warm.

In the second photo, the two characters stop walking and make eye-contact while facing each other. It’s finally the time for Joo Sang Wook to confess his true feelings. Despite the heart-fluttering moment, Lee Min Jung doesn’t seem excited. She is feeling guilty because Joo Sang Wook is falling for her without knowing her relationship with Lee Ki Woo.

fates-and-furies-2.jpg

The production crew explained, “In episodes 13 to 16, the viewers will be able to see what choice Tae In Joon makes after the engagement with Cha Soo Hyun when he is once again shaken by Goo Hae Ra. Please watch to see if Goo Hae Ra and Tae In Joon will be able to overcome the strong obstacle Cha Soo Hyun to fulfill their romance.”

Episodes 13 to 16 will air on December 29 at 9:05 p.m. KST.

If you haven’t already, check out the latest episode below!

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

• Like 5

Ahhhhhh this drama is so good!! The chemistry between OTP is off the roof. The eye contact is always intense and heart fluttering but a part of me also feels guilty like our main female lead :(. I am sure he will be heartbroken when he finds out the truth.

• Like 5

OMG chingu I just watched in on Viki and I loooooveee the ending and everything...

Tae In Joon is definetely fall in love (hard) with Go He Ra and he just can’t contain his overflown loving feeling towards her... everything and all is now only about the woman he falls so hard for... the woman who made him fall a sleep even without sleeping pills.. lullabied him with the story about her shoes maker father.. so so beautiful.. 

when he jumped out of that super boring robotic dinner that looked more like a cold war instead of a wedding meeting.. I squueeee... kyakkkk yess safe your woman!! the man is so distraught he slept with his full working suit 2 times.... lol... he even DGAF and blatantly daydreaming so openly in front of the eyesight of the ultimate nemesis... Cha So Hyun.. 

from a man who just casually walked away after his so called fiancee torn Go He Ra’s dress... to a man that shedding tears when he saw her wounds.. he has expressed the mixed feeling in his first kiss to Go He Ra.. the quilty because he was not there to protect her... the pain from seeing her hurts so much.. his sadness for the situation that he can’t control... and his longing for her to be beside him because she gives him that peaceful and calming vibes... not to mention how gorgeous and smart and witty she is... all what he wants... he likes.. he loves.. in his ideal type of a life partner... is in Go He Ra... 

now.. he will keep her safe under his wings and protect her from harm..  the man will definetely without bashing an eyelash... do whatever it takes to turn the table upside down.. 

so so can’t wait for next week OMG.... when she said “ I’m so afraid.. can you stay with me?” and he gradually kissed her... I lowkey hoping for a bed scene....

• Like 9