[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

the girl who!

I enjoyed reading the posts more than I post myself but cannot refrain from noting that we are all suffering because, although the story constellation was a very interesting one from the beginning, the writer has butchered it and consequently the acting has also suffered. The director takes these long shots fit for a film noir but the content does not match. So many obvious blunders in this tech age, all this evidence could be backed up very easily where people could not steal it or destroy it ....

How could Hae Ra not know her sister was pregnant, the doctors would’ve seen it in the initial examinations ( although we know from recent news events that long-term care facilities don’t examine the patients well )  - maybe another doctors note will appear with that information (Lee Min Jung, who I do like, seems at times more like she’s playacting in this role, sadly, as if she is saying ‘see hubby I’m not really going to let any chemistry happen with In Joon ‘ )

As others have mentioned, it would be so easy for In Joon to prove that he wasn’t even there for him to have an affair with the sister or get her pregnant.  And, yes, he is an  accessory to the crime for not reporting it...  But the writer and the producers of this drama seem to count on its audience as being just too stupid, as well as the ‘heroes’ of the story.  It should be a golden rule,  writernims  - if you have to make your lead characters so stupid and expect the audience to be just as stupid, don’t bother writing anything or producing it. With just a little bit of intelligent tweaking, it would be a much better ride for all...

Another question: Why would the daughter-in-law set Hae Ra on In Joon?  That sounds something more like the stepmother would do ...who knows what  this writer still has in store, hopefully it will be more clever 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking way outside for box - my thinking originally for the daughter in laws kid being HR's sisters is because he's essentially an heir in the making (watched a lot of historical shows lately so the royal blood storyline is very much in my head) and she can prove he's IJ's brothers kid

Why she asks TO to get HR to go after IJ is because she has enough dirt on IJ's brother and mom to control them/get rid of them but not IJ. She wants to tear the family apart and get back what she lost and IJ was probably the trickiest part of the entire equation because she barely knows him. Once the kid is older bring him back and she can exercise control over Gold Group

Think this is very much implausible but I'm freestyling

5 hours ago, lclarakl said:

To be honest, I'm tired of her revenge. Her helping empower the people who harmed her sister, while hurting the person who tried to save her sister just frustrated me. She couldn't see In Joon's behavior vs that of his stepmother or even his bratty sister; couldn't see good qualities vs bad qualities. Couldn't take into consideration the things In Joon had told her about his stepmother's treatment of him. In my opinion, she was just too quick to want to condemn In Joon. When her friend told her to ask herself, who had the most to gain by sending the note that pulled her into the whole affair (her specifically), it definitely wasn't In Joon because he was willing to give everything up. Hae Ra possesses no discernment.

I have the same thought. Someone who did the very risky thing, i.e., poisoning a girl in front of his house, obviously had a huge stake. He was afraid to lose huge wealth or high position or both.

On the other hand, In-Joon surrendered his huge wealth (majority shares) and his high position on the company, just to be with her. Thus, he did not fit the criminal profile at all. 

This alone should have convinced her that he did not commit the crime.

5 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Can see in the daily planner that In Joon's first entry is 11/28/2015 after he just arrived from the U.S. or maybe a day or two after arriving. I was hoping she was smart enough to calculate that he wasn't in the country long enough to date and get her sister pregnant.

This should be another clue. It was impossible for him to impregnate her sister as he had just arrived home.

These two indicators should have been more than enough to convince Hae-Ra that In-Joon was innocent. If she had been smarter and more patient and dug more, she would have found that In-Joon  helped her sister and that he was trapped.

Alas, Hae-Ra had very poor judgment and too impatient and thus she committed a huge mistake by destroying the life of a man who loves her very deeply and who has actually saved her sister.

8 hours ago, anony12345 said:

Thinking way outside for box - my thinking originally for the daughter in laws kid being HR's sisters is because he's essentially an heir in the making (watched a lot of historical shows lately so the royal blood storyline is very much in my head) and she can prove he's IJ's brothers kid

Why she asks TO to get HR to go after IJ is because she has enough dirt on IJ's brother and mom to control them/get rid of them but not IJ. She wants to tear the family apart and get back what she lost and IJ was probably the trickiest part of the entire equation because she barely knows him. Once the kid is older bring him back and she can exercise control over Gold Group

I may have missed something the last 4 episodes because I was just too frustrated with the direction the drama has taken. However, I thought the stepmother, not the sister-in-law was the person who brought TO and HR together so that they could take out IJ in an effort to clear the way for her son---which she was successful in doing.

Okay, back on my soapbox--that whole plot of stepmother/sister-in-law coming up with this crazy that made TO want to bribe CS for a kidney is just too unbelievable. He could have done that a very long time ago. 

19 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I may have missed something the last 4 episodes because I was just too frustrated with the direction the drama has taken. However, I thought the stepmother, not the sister-in-law was the person who brought TO and HR together so that they could take out IJ in an effort to clear the way for her son---which she was successful in doing.

Okay, back on my soapbox--that whole plot of stepmother/sister-in-law coming up with this crazy that made TO want to bribe CS for a kidney is just too unbelievable. He could have done that a very long time ago. 

They haven't revealed who sent the message to TO

The stepmom has currently gained the most from it but it looked like she or her son had no clue who she was when they met and they show the scene of them finding out whose sister she is so I can't see how that's plausible

I can't recall the daughter in law and HR having a conversation yet?

The whole thing is stupidly convoluted right now with regards to who could have sent it, there's quite a few threads

Who even knew TO and SH had a kid to go down this route? Looks like her mom would have hid it pretty well so not sure how the step-daughter finds out about it

21 minutes ago, anony12345 said:

I can't recall the daughter in law and HR having a conversation yet?

Thanks for the information; at first I thought it was the daughter in law, but then I thought I saw a clip that it was the stepmother. However, I agree that it most definitely could be the daughter in law who has been sitting on a stockpile of information. 

Also, she did meet HR, but no real conversation and sister in law gave no clue of recognition or surprise. I also wonder how anyone would know that TO and SH had a child--let alone a daughter in law who is constantly busy at home--then again, her family was wealthy at one point.  I didn't realize that daughter in law was a mother. 

16 hours ago, Gaia2u said:

I enjoyed reading the posts more than I post myself but cannot refrain from noting that we are all suffering because, although the story constellation was a very interesting one from the beginning, the writer has butchered it and consequently the acting has also suffered. The director takes these long shots fit for a film noir but the content does not match. So many obvious blunders in this tech age, all this evidence could be backed up very easily where people could not steal it or destroy it ....

How could Hae Ra not know her sister was pregnant, the doctors would’ve seen it in the initial examinations ( although we know from recent news events that long-term care facilities don’t examine the patients well )  - maybe another doctors note will appear with that information (Lee Min Jung, who I do like, seems at times more like she’s playacting in this role, sadly, as if she is saying ‘see hubby I’m not really going to let any chemistry happen with In Joon ‘ )

As others have mentioned, it would be so easy for In Joon to prove that he wasn’t even there for him to have an affair with the sister or get her pregnant.  And, yes, he is an  accessory to the crime for not reporting it...  But the writer and the producers of this drama seem to count on its audience as being just too stupid, as well as the ‘heroes’ of the story.  It should be a golden rule,  writernims  - if you have to make your lead characters so stupid and expect the audience to be just as stupid, don’t bother writing anything or producing it. With just a little bit of intelligent tweaking, it would be a much better ride for all...

Another question: Why would the daughter-in-law set Hae Ra on In Joon?  That sounds something more like the stepmother would do ...who knows what  this writer still has in store, hopefully it will be more clever 

The writer has done a hatchet job on this drama and lost focus only for the episodes this weekend to set things in motion which appears to be for shock value. The writer lost credibility with that time jump if she is expecting for the main couple to reconcile and to be honest, I do not want them to reconcile. It makes no sense to have a body count that high & have He Ra to go that far. It is just a mess and not the type of mess that makes me want to tune in for the last eight episodes.

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

Thanks for the information; at first I thought it was the daughter in law, but then I thought I saw a clip that it was the stepmother. However, I agree that it most definitely could be the daughter in law who has been sitting on a stockpile of information. 

Also, she did meet HR, but no real conversation and sister in law gave no clue of recognition or surprise. I also wonder how anyone would know that TO and SH had a child--let alone a daughter in law who is constantly busy at home--then again, her family was wealthy at one point.  I didn't realize that daughter in law was a mother. 

They show her on the phone with the kid and they've shown the picture 2/3 times but that's it.  The step-daughter is a big mystery still and we only have four hours left. I want to say she doesn't seem like the type to have a kid outside of marriage but we still don't know much about her so not sure who the kid is.

Yeah I also can't see how anyone finds out about their kid to let TO know. SH and TO were the only Koreans in the university they went to as well (I think they establish that at some point as it's how they got close) and it seems like SH, her mom or TO wouldn't tell anyone. Can't think of any US links in the show either from when TO was with his kid in the US (other than IJ being there but it's obviously not him)

I also can't see them not waking up Hr's sister before the end of it all.

Quite a lot needs to happen in the last four episodes - I'm not sure how this happens in so many Korean shows. Starts quick, slow the pace majorly in the middle/over complicate stuff just to leave themselves too much to do at the end so it ends up being rushed/questions unanswered. I really wonder how these guys write their stories. Just recently Memories of Alahambra did this and it seems to be the case in every other kdrama I watch

14 hours ago, Gaia2u said:

Thank you chingu. Right now, it is not the characters I am frustrated with. It’s the story and writing.

There was so much potential. I would have loved to see HR and IJ join hands as lovers and fellow revenge buddies against the MIL and half brother. I mean essentially they are the common enemies of both, but after the last two weeks it seems nearly impossible for them to be allies and even if they were, the ship sunk the moment HR crossed the line and drugged him. I say this because she didn’t even seem that remorseful or worried about him (at first I even thought she actually poisoned him to death) so even if it’s because she knew he wouldn’t die, I don’t see any sincere love if she still wasn’t worried about him or felt guilty drugging him right there and then. It just took the picture and finding out the truth from the thug for her to feel finally guilty. i love the concept that there’s a not so goody two shoes female lead. But not only have they ruined her by completely crossing the line and getting even viewers to despise her, but they even did plot holes and made no sense by making her somehow not connect the dots about IJ being abroad when her sister got pregnant.  

11 hours ago, anony12345 said:

I have been wondering why she hasn’t used those tapes yet, but your theory about her preparing a position for her son is true seems quite plausible. The only thing is since he’s their only child, IJ and the youngster sister have no children, wouldn’t it already be a given that he’s the heir since his father is now in charge? The recordings she has doesn’t seem like it would help her husband keep his position so her son could inherit it. Seems more like she’s saving it for putting him in a comprising situation-but when? Now we even have a two years time skip. If she wanted to get her own revenge when her MIL and hubby were on cloud nine by inheriting the company and gaining control, wouldn’t she have gotten revenge by knocking them off their high horse right there and then? I am very confused and wonder what he true motives and plans are.

@anony12345 has an interesting point though. Maybe she’s securing her sons spot as heir cause he’s actually not biologically related to her hubby JH.

1 hour ago, foreverempress said:

The writer has down a hatchet job on this drama and lost focus only to come this past weekend to set things in motion that appears for shock value. The writer lost credibility with that time jump if she is expecting for the main couple to reconcile and to be honest, I do not want them to reconcile. It makes no sense to have a body count that high & have He Ra to go that far. It is just a mess and not the type that makes me want to tune in for the last eight episodes.

I am sooo frustrated by this writer. I was so excited for a revenge drama-i love the genre. But this is just ruins the whole genre for me. I want to cheer on the main lead getting revenge, not get frustrated and disappointed and think of them now as a villain. And now I can’t even support my ship because their relationship has become so twisted and convoluted. Despite all that, since we only have two weeks left, let’s try to hang in there and watch the rest to see how it all wraps up, huh chingu?

I just found out her bestfriend died. Why did she have to die? Now HR is truly alone plus this wasn't even something the bestfriend had to get involved in :(

I feel like it will end as an open ending. Leaning towards both leads staying together at the end. I feel they only have each other now. Regardless of this big mess they truly love each other, it can spark again. If they go their separate ways I'm fine with that too.

January 27, 2019

"Fates and Furies" Joo Sang-wook Gets Out of Prison and Viewing Percentage Soars

Source: Hankook Ilbo via HanCinema.net

photo1032371.jpg

The scene where Joo Sang-wook gets out and looks at the sky with a determined look on his face recorded 8.7% in percentage.

The latest episode of "Fates and Furies" on the 26th rated 7.5% and 7.0%. The second chapter of the drama appears to be about the twisted fates of Joo Sang-wook and Lee Min-jung and Joo Sang-wook's revenge. The best viewing percentage was at around 11:01PM when Joo Sang-wook got out of prison after 2 years and having heard from Lee Ki-woo that Lee Min-jung had approached him intentionally. He thought hard in prison until his release

The twenty-ninth episode started with Tae In-joon (Joo Sang-wook) asking Goo Hae-ra (Lee Min-jung) for the truth. He asked her why she wanted to marry him and tried to kiss her, but she couldn't answer him and left him to be.

"Fates and Furies" is about a woman who loves a man to change her fate, a man who thinks she is his fate and a woman who loves the man for a purpose, eventually resulting in the man wanting her back for revenge.

"Fates and Furies" So Yi-hyun Lies to Joo Sang-wook That Lee Min-jung Doesn't Love Him

11 hours ago, Scribbles24 said:

I feel like it will end as an open ending. Leaning towards both leads staying together at the end. I feel they only have each other now. Regardless of this big mess they truly love each other, it can spark again. If they go their separate ways I'm fine with that too.

I would prefer an open ending with the two of them going their separate ways. She has never shown her true self to him; it's always been about plotting and manipulation. The final blow was drugging him in a scheme to have everything taken from him. After 2 years in prison, I don't know how he rekindle love for such a person. Yes, she may do things to help him regain what he lost and his forgiveness, but I don't know how he can ever trust her again. No relationship can survive without trust.

4 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I would prefer an open ending with the two of them going their separate ways. She has never shown her true self to him; it's always been about plotting and manipulation. The final blow was drugging him in a scheme to have everything taken from him. After 2 years in prison, I don't know how he rekindle love for such a person. Yes, she may do things to help him regain what he lost and his forgiveness, but I don't know how he can ever trust her again. No relationship can survive without trust

I have not watched the last 4 episodes with subs yet, and I am not in a hurry.  I was routing for Hae-Ra and In-Joon.  I had hoped that she would put aside her revenge; however, she wouldn't let it go and she learned a hard and painful lesson.  I have to disagree with one thing you said, Hae-Ra did show her true self to In Joon once.  When she was frightened, it was her, not revenge kissing him, it was her and not revenge that wanted him to stay the night.  When she told her sister she was "excited" and when she threw away the information, it was her heart; but her need for revenge got the best of her and she came back and retrieved the envelope.  Instead of listening to her heart, she let revenge cloud her judgment and as you stated, how can In-Joon trust her again?  She wouldn't  have she blown it if she had only listened to those around her. Her best friend told her to let it go, her informant, told her to stop, let it go; however, she would not listen. I think she went overboard because she felt it was her fault that she best friend was killed.    Would I be harsh if I said, Hae-Ra is going to get what was coming to her?  She drugged In-Joon and from what I could tell without subs, was instrumental in putting him in prison...wow.   My only regret is In-Joon; now he will go down the dark tunnel of revenge.  This drama is becoming so sad, because two people who care for each other are tearing each other apart.  I believe they were fated to be together; however, the fury of betrayal, revenge and distrust has gotten in the way of any meaningful relationship they could have. 

I cannot guess how this drama is going to end, because I would not have predicted that In-Joon would be in prison for what, caring for another human. What a tangled web.  More importantly, I do want them a some point, all four, (In-Joon, Tae-Oh, Soo-Hyun and Hae-Ra) put aside their differences and work together with the daughter-in-law to bring the step mother and her son down.  They are the ones that should be in prison.  I still think that the step mother had something to do with In Joon's mother's death. 

Have we found out who the mysterious woman was that approached Tae-Oh and set all of this in motion? 

@Lmangla

Loved your post, your analysis was on point. 

"well that was certainly an unexpected twist... makes you wonder what is going to happen going forward...

so hera really is quite an interesting lead because she isn't a typical candy at all. injoon said that when he met her, she was angry and he was drawn to that fire... and in this week, we get bit more clarity into what drove her... so first she gets her dreams crushed when she has to come back from italy and then spends 4 years caring for her comatose sister. caregivers can go through grief as well as anger and with hera, there was a sense of resentment as well. she loves her sister but there's also the practical worries. she felt angry that her sister would attempt suicide and now she has to pay for these expenses she cannot afford. in a sense, she felt robbed of her dreams and her life. then, she finds out that her sister didn't commit suicide and someone attempted to kill her and that rage turns in a different direction. there is the sense of shame that her studies in italy was financed by her sister being a mistress. this guilt adds to the rage."

I am glad you mentioned the grief, resentment and anger caregivers often go through.  We have not looked at Hae-Ra's situation from her perspective and why she would agree to Tae-Oh's proposal when it was clear she was reluctant to do so.  I think it was more about the money to care for her sister, than revenge at first.  

11 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I would prefer an open ending with the two of them going their separate ways. She has never shown her true self to him; it's always been about plotting and manipulation. The final blow was drugging him in a scheme to have everything taken from him. After 2 years in prison, I don't know how he rekindle love for such a person. Yes, she may do things to help him regain what he lost and his forgiveness, but I don't know how he can ever trust her again. No relationship can survive without trust.

Sadly , I think you’re right , they’ve got to a stage now where they can’t live with each other , the reality is there’s just too much in the way , too much history, too much damage on both sides , too many people who were hurt or killed for both of them to move on and forget. 

I rewatched the episodes again and it’s still annoying  to me that the writer put him in the prison , I always thought their relationship to have to end would destroy them, I had faith he can forgive her at end that’s why I didn’t mind her plotting for the revenge and thought their relationship could have survived anything  but the dead of uncle saving him mess up everything it’s the worst case scenario I can imagine , specially that he warns  him about her many times that why as much as it kill me , I really can’t see a situation where they can be together happily. 

So, I have some feelings about the last few episodes...

First, let's start with the most useless character in this drama, A-Jung, or JH's wife. How are you spying/monitoring these people for four years and have done absolutely nothing??? She's four years worth of evidence on tapes in the pantry. I need this to make sense. Anybody could easily discover those tapes and just throw them all away.

Which leads me to Sun Young. I love how loyal of a friend she was to HR, but I wish she was smarter about helping her. She got caught before by AJ, who just so happened to keep quiet and not say anything. I knew when she started listening to the tapes and was sitting in there for so long, she was going to get caught. Not only did she stay too long, she left out with the recorder in her hands, got caught and then took off running like a guilty party. I knew she wasn't going to make it. She should've took the tape out and hid it somewhere and then just surrendered and gave back the recorder. Poor SJ. Even when she called HR, she didn't say anything.

So, this tragedy led to Jung Min getting kicked out of their house, rightfully so. It was however, at this point that HR made her biggest mistake. After she confronted Sung Sook about her knowledge of her sister, SS was so blase about it. She even blamed her for SJ's death. At that point, HR should've seen that this woman was trash! YOU DON'T BELIEVE TRASH PEOPLE!!! Not only did HR believe SS, she allowed the woman to talk her into drugging IJ. Both HR and IJ ended up in the predicaments that they were in because they were not smart, they were both passive aggressive and they didn't communicate to each other. When SH brought that letter and picture to IJ, he should've at least asked HR about it. Instead, he remained quiet and in the end, he practically slept through the board meeting.

Although, that board meeting was insignificant. It was too late anyway. IJ had already given ALL of his shares to JH. As we watched the secretary uncle struggle as he couldn't enter, I realized that this was a plan that had been long in the works. HR was just a pawn in a plan they had already set in motion a long time ago. The same with HR, I will never understand why she never looked into the type of relationship her sister had. Because the fact is, her sister got involved with a married man whom she foolishly believed would leave his wife and marry her once she announced she was pregnant. We also now know that AJ has a son. HR blindly trusted and believed Chang Soo who she was working with, but he was duped too. Neither of them did their due diligence and in the end, her sister's plight was never avenged. In the end, IJ not only lost any power within the company, but he lost his mother's shoe company (he should've known that would happen) and he ended up going to jail for his brother's crime.

It was frustrating, yet at the same time, it was necessary to wake our OTP up. So, it is two years later and I have a few predictions:

- In Joon is going to spend too much time trying to get back at Hae Ra, instead of focusing on his brother and stepmom, who really are the ones who orchestrated all of this.

- It would be an interesting arc if HR  got pregnant by IJ and they now have a child, but I don't know where the writers will go with this.

- I believe HR will make Gold Shoes a success. That is her only saving grace for the role she played in IJ losing everything.
- SH will have helped her daughter stay alive, but she is secretly planning to reconcile with IJ.

- TH will make some bad business deals that will require the father to be woken up, but they will probably run into complications because of this. [Oh, and I don't feel sorry for the father. He is the cause of a lot of this].

What say you chingus?

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Sadly , I think you’re right , they’ve got to a stage now where they can’t live with each other , the reality is there’s just too much in the way , too much history, too much damage on both sides , too many people who were hurt or killed for both of them to move on and forget. 

9 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I would prefer an open ending with the two of them going their separate ways. She has never shown her true self to him; it's always been about plotting and manipulation.

I disagree. Their love for each other weren't damaged. I do feel a believeable fix is possible for them . It shouldn't be returned to it's past state because they are different people now and I feel the magic will be transformed and be better.

1 hour ago, nubianlegalmind said:

It was frustrating, yet at the same time, it was necessary to wake our OTP up. So, it is two years later and I have a few predictions:

- In Joon is going to spend too much time trying to get back at Hae Ra, instead of focusing on his brother and stepmom, who really are the ones who orchestrated all of this.

- It would be an interesting arc if HR  got pregnant by IJ and they now have a child, but I don't know where the writers will go with this.

- I believe HR will make Gold Shoes a success. That is her only saving grace for the role she played in IJ losing everything.
- SH will have helped her daughter stay alive, but she is secretly planning to reconcile with IJ.

- TH will make some bad business deals that will require the father to be woken up, but they will probably run into complications because of this. [Oh, and I don't feel sorry for the father. He is the cause of a lot of this].

What say you chingus?

I'd like to think IJ has spent the lat two years plotting the revenge already to get them all. I can envisage them showing flashbacks of him in prison receiving papers/info from his assistant and whatnot.

HR being pregnant wouldn't make sense to me- if she suspects this person made her sister pregnant and then tried to kill her leaving her in a coma, not getting on the pill and risking getting pregnant by him also is just...ridiculous? I would put nothing past kdramaland but that wouldn't make no sense

I agree with her having looked after Gold Shoes like his mom wanted.

Pretty sure the father is now dead? Isn't it mentioned after the two year jump when they're talking about no-one coming to receive IJ as he's coming out of prison that the dad has been dead for two years so there's no-one left on his side?

1 hour ago, shutthatdoor said:

I disagree. Their love for each other weren't damaged. I do feel a believeable fix is possible for them . It shouldn't be returned to it's past state because they are different people now and I feel the magic will be transformed and be better.

Forgetting about everything he directly lost/experienced due to her which is more than enough he indirectly also lost his uncle who to him would now be "right" as he warned him about her from the start and even his friend from the workshop suffered as he still can't seem to use his hands properly after two years and presumably can't make shoes anymore.

Not sure how you can conclude his love for her not being damaged. She directly and indirectly caused him to lose everything/hurt the people he cares for

13 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

What say you chingus?

@nubianlegalmind, I loved your post. I have a feeling that In Joon and Hae Ra will work together to bring down his brother and stepmother--if the sister in law doesn't beat them to it--then again, the sister in law may work with In Joon to take the all down. I can tell that this is a writer who probably usually write daily dramas----it has all of the crazy angst that you normally find in long 120+ episodes.

For me, when she slept with him, I thought it was only to gain his trust. Everything about her interaction to me was about manipulation with a hint every now and then of a conscience. The reason she could go back and get the envelope was because her heart was never settled with him. The reason why she could easily believe the lies against him was because she wanted to.  When someone tell us something bad about people we love, we don't believe them--we try everything to prove them wrong. In the case of HR, she believed the lies in spite of the fact that they made no sense logically. 

To be honest, IMO, the remaining 8 (4-hours) episodes left is not enough time to effectively develop a love relationship between these two unless the writer put in another crazy twist (pregnancy--the stuff daily dramas thrive on...:lol:).  I can see SH and IJ ending up together. As bad as she was, SH never doubted IJ. As much as she may not acknowledge it, she felt in love with IJ; it wasn't just about a contract marriage with no emotional ties.

12 hours ago, shutthatdoor said:

@shutthatdoor, this is a K-drama where anything could happen because logic doesn't count.  However, I disagree that their love for each other wasn't damaged. Her "love" for him is very doubtful; however, his love for her was based on a facade; he never got a chance to see the real person who wasn't plotting (maybe once....maybe). She manipulated him in every way and then was part of a plot that ended with him going to prison. I don't see how any man in his right mind would want to go back to HR. Even if she does good things to help him regain "his" company that she's now president of, can he really trust her motives?.....not lightly.

Again, this is a k-drama and the writer may have them end up together, but if this was in the real world, he would throw salt every time she crossed his path.

Archived