[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

the girl who!

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wild episodes

I really hope he doesn't forgive her that easily - some of the characters in this show are very gullible

Assuming Tae Ho may go through with trying to harm Hae Ra, In Joon will find out and try to protect her in some way, and then Tae Ho drops that they've been playing him this entire time wanting to break up the marriage, and HR was also trying to get revenge on him for her sister (which is why he showed her the signature on the bill)

23 minutes ago, anony12345 said:

Wild episodes

I really hope he doesn't forgive her that easily - some of the characters in this show are very gullible

Assuming Tae Ho may go through with trying to harm Hae Ra, In Joon will find out and try to protect her in some way, and then Tae Ho drops that they've been playing him this entire time wanting to break up the marriage, and HR was also trying to get revenge on him for her sister (which is why he showed her the signature on the bill)

He knows all the pain his family has cause him all to well, I think more devastated about what they did to her sister more then anything.Since he himself trying to get revenge I think he will understand her a bit more but he will of course be heartbroken and so will she,since she really hurt the person that really loves her and the one who gave up everything.

So let's do a rollcall...

The father...TRASH!

The mistress/stepmother...TRASH!

The half brother...TRASH!

SH...Pitiful TRASH!

Her parents...Weak TRASH!

Those are a lot of garbage characters in one drama. I need IJ to be smarter. Why would he give his trash half-brother ALL of his shares??? What is the point of that? Why is the bratty little sister living off of people that are poor? She would've been gone. I knew that weasel doctor was going to lie about who came to clean up the mess with her sister. Also, she needs to get the backstory on her sister. HR is assuming way too much. Finally, the half-brother's wife. What is she planning? Now that she knows this family put her family in the poor house, she should be planning something, otherwise, her character is useless.

13 minutes ago, nubianlegalmind said:

So let's do a rollcall...

The father...TRASH!

The mistress/stepmother...TRASH!

The half brother...TRASH!

SH...Pitiful TRASH!

Her parents...Weak TRASH!

Those are a lot of garbage characters in one drama. I need IJ to be smarter. Why would he give his trash half-brother ALL of his shares??? What is the point of that? Why is the bratty little sister living off of people that are poor? She would've been gone. I knew that weasel doctor was going to lie about who came to clean up the mess with her sister. Also, she needs to get the backstory on her sister. HR is assuming way too much. Finally, the half-brother's wife. What is she planning? Now that she knows this family put her family in the poor house, she should be planning something, otherwise, her character is useless.

To be honest I think he just never care about  his shares or whatever he seems more eager to open up his own shop I guess that why it was easy for him he never really cared about that company not to mention  how crappy his family is.

He just seems  to want a simple life doing what he loves with the person he loves.I dont think she knows how much he really has suffer under his family.

10 hours ago, dramaninja said:

To be honest I think he just never care about  his shares or whatever he seems more eager to open up his own shop I guess that why it was easy for him he never really cared about that company not to mention  how crappy his family is.

He just seems  to want a simple life doing what he loves with the person he loves.I dont think she knows how much he really has suffer under his family.

He's already told her that they killed his mom and essentially kicked him out at age 10 

There's 8 episodes left and the daughter in law story still isn't being developed - assuming she will work with HR at some point but wish they'd start that soon,  the episodes are starting to wind down

I have nicknamed this drama:  the long and boring stares.  80% of the drama is two people staring 

1. first category:  at each other. 
  2. Or, sitting and looking out a window,
  3. or crouching in a room staring at the cell phone. 
  4. Sitting and staring at the sister in the hospital bed. 
  5. Now let's add staring at the father. 
  6. Oh, and how long did she stare at the datebook?  Shoes, rings, or other inanimate objects (aka any actor in this drama)   

I have not seen the last 4 episodes of this drama; therefore, I cannot comment on the latest happenings.  It is my hope that Hae-Ra talks to In-Joon.  She told him about her sister and he did not have any response such as, oh that was your sister or I remember taking someone to the hospital...nothing.  His response  or lack thereof should have triggered something in Hae-Ra to look into the situation deeper because she had doubts about it In-Joon's involvement with her sister.  He would have definitely remember sending his girlfriend's sister to Italy to study.  He would have also remember the name on the her father's cobbler's shop.  All I have to say is writer, please have them talk about the situation so that he has the opportunity to deny his involvement and show her his signature.  The drama would be even better if Hae-Ra and In-Joon joined forces to find out what happened to her sister.  Doesn't In Joon deserve the right to get revenge also.  Wasn't he framed for something he did not do.  Let them talk it out and work together....please writer.  Let us skip all the craziness in between (the I am heartbroken, don't talk to me, I don't want to see you ever again nonsense).  This drama is to good for that time waster and drag on the story.  Give your viewer a break also.  Let the fury begin.

finally got around to seeing this week's episodes and actually enjoyed it. :sweatingbullets:.. thought it would be boring based on some of the comments but it wasn't... so her being conflicted was actually interesting to watch. you see how much it takes for her to steel herself and then place the call to him.

@dramaninja ~ yea, it was interesting to see how surprised she was when he actually threw his rights away. she actually didn't expect him to do it for real. perhaps, it felt like some sort of "what if" kind of question for her.. her conversation with the uncle was kind of funny because people don't usually look so angry when they say "I genuinely love him." hahahahha.. @Ameera Ali ~ am guessing that them spending the night together will come into play together. most likely she will be pregnant at the point he finds out and is spitting mad at her but can't stay away because she is pregnant.... and liked how they did the scene rather old fashioned style where we never even see the bedroom. instead all we hear is them chatting and then turning off the lights...

@Carmarie ~ everyone around injoon is slowly putting the pieces together. the uncle, hyung and evil stepmother all know who hera is.. so am rather enjoying injoon's innocence. as evil stepmother won't even hesitate to sedate her own husband, who knows if she also had something to do with the death of injoon's mom.. but there were a few things that she said offhandedly that explains why injoon fell so quickly for hera.

so when injoon went to his mom's grave, he talks about hera. he says that she loves shoes and they could talk all night about shoes. the evil stepmother almost laughs and declares that hera has the same kind of staring look and temperment and gets why injoon would fall for hera. she also tells soo hyun's parents that injoon is naive and hated being chased for his money and status by different families. she then mockingly tells soo hyun is different but we know thats not the case. it explains why he never got involved with soo hyun in any emotional way and kept her at a distance. he could never connect with soo hyun as they had no common ground and she was behind his money and status. so he despised her. whereas, hera felt different to him -- someone very similar to his mom (don't they say that men who love their moms also want a woman who resemble their mom in many ways?) and shared interest of shoes and who wasn't fawning over his money or status. hera's rather standoffish attitude actually made her more attractive.

it will be interesting to see if injoon ends up making gold shoes a bigger success now that he has no other distraction and ends up a rich man in his own right. in a way, now soo hyun's revenge arc makes more sense -- she said that injoon makes her look bad to the end. didn't get it till they showed tae oh watching the news segment. so the news of a break up would be highly embarrassing but the fact that it follows him giving up his rights makes it worse. people would jump to various conclusions. a) now that he is no longer rich, she dumped him. so she is money hungry. b) the engagement was a sham and he dumped her for the love of his life. either way, she is going to end up looking like a bit of idiot. it was interesting that she asked if he ever loved her and then scolds herself for looking for love in arranged marriage. did she actually love or even like injoon? or was it simply hope and perhaps expectation that the marriage could be successful despite its business like nature?

@Lmangla  I still have not watched the last two episodes because they were not subtitled as of last night.  I love your insight.  I was hoping he put away his need for revenge, and I was happy when he told his mother that it was time to let the revenge go. He found the love of his life and he wanted to be happy.  Seeing how his mother suffered and being thrown out at 10, In-Joon wants someone he can love and loves him.    My only wish is that Hae-Ra had listened and let go of her revenge.  Will it bring her sister back? I think a large part of what she is feeling is guilt because she was not around when her sister was hurt.   However, she is not only going to hurt In-Joon whom she does have feelings for, but she is going to hate herself that she suspected that he could do such a thing.  She has been around him long enough to know that he is not an evil person.  She should have been able to tell, how gentle and caring he is when he came to her rescue.  He even teared up when he saw that she got hurt.  His reaction to her is so unlike someone who would sedate a person and try to murder them.  I am disappointed with that part of the story-line.  Hae-Ra went from excited, liking In-Joon and apologizing to her sister straight to revenge without any forethought.  She did leave a crack in the door, but it is so small that you cannot see the light.  I noticed Hae-Ra did not follow Tae-Ho's plan.  He only wanted her to break-up the engagement, Hae-Ra's plan is to marry In-Joon.  She might get her revenge, but will it be too late to save the love, In-Joon has for her or the feelings she have for him?   I like the scenario of Hae-Ra becoming pregnant before marriage.  That works for me.  It is my hope also that In-Joon will make Gold Shoes a success and become a rich man in his own right. 

3 hours ago, Carmarie said:

My only wish is that Hae-Ra had listened and let go of her revenge.  Will it bring her sister back? I think a large part of what she is feeling is guilt because she was not around when her sister was hurt.   However, she is not only going to hurt In-Joon whom she does have feelings for, but she is going to hate herself that she suspected that he could do such a thing.  She has been around him long enough to know that he is not an evil person.  She should have been able to tell, how gentle and caring he is when he came to her rescue.  He even teared up when he saw that she got hurt.  His reaction to her is so unlike someone who would sedate a person and try to murder them.  I am disappointed with that part of the story-line.  Hae-Ra went from excited, liking In-Joon and apologizing to her sister straight to revenge without any forethought.  She did leave a crack in the door, but it is so small that you cannot see the light.  I noticed Hae-Ra did not follow Tae-Ho's plan.  He only wanted her to break-up the engagement, Hae-Ra's plan is to marry In-Joon.  She might get her revenge, but will it be too late to save the love, In-Joon has for her or the feelings she have for him?   I like the scenario of Hae-Ra becoming pregnant before marriage.  That works for me.  It is my hope also that In-Joon will make Gold Shoes a success and become a rich man in his own right. 

Sorry to break up your post, but I agree with a lot of what you said.

Hae-Ra wants revenge, but she doesn't really know what actually happened to her sister. She doesn't know what her sister did or did not do. She has no clue what happened, even now. All she knows is that her sister came to Seoul for greener pastures and afterwards, she ended up in the hospital. She now knows there was some foul play and it wasn't a simple suicide. But that's literally it.

Once again, his half-brother is complete and utter TRASH! He purposely signed that hospital receipt to make it look like it was his brother. He was okay with the doctor lying and saying it was his brother. And this is AFTER his brother has given him all of his shares.

I really hope that company FALLS! The half-brother gives me the impression that he isn't very smart. I really hope that he runs that company into the ground and they end up having to wake the father up before they become destitute. Also, I get the feeling his wife that he cares nothing about is pretty smart in her own right. I would love to see her put herself in a position to get her family's business back on the ground. Come on writers, do the right thing!

morning , thanks for u thought :)

it was interesting that she asked if he ever loved her and then scolds herself for looking for love in arranged marriage. did she actually love or even like injoon? or was it simply hope and perhaps expectation that the marriage could be successful despite its business like nature?

In her argument with In Joon , I feel she’s as frustrated with herself as she is with what she feel as lack of love from him or his attempt to make her look bad ,I personally thinks she was waiting for him to be real for once ,show some emotion but he couldn’t because he is not a ranter/shouter, he tries to put his reason cross calmly but he wasn’t heard or understood.In effect he portrayed patronising and she portrayed as the stroppy teenager who feels hurt ,and lashes out ,but in reality wants a hug and love . 

So @Lmangla What a roller coaster of emotion ? it was for CSH 

To understand finally she wasn't a hot shot as she thought , but even to becomes clear to herself what a loser she was all along  , to even thinks for second that marriage could result in love . It make me feel bad for her,I believe all her angst and her belligerence is coming from hurt . As you say , she’s so caught up in dealing with aftermath from breaking engagement  , and the harsh gossips that going around destroying what left from her pride ,  it’s overwhelming and it`s hurting  to see a lack of care to what she`s been through on the part of other and specially her parent was hard to swallow and result going to her enemy to make a deal .  

@Carmarie this drama is kind of fun because normally it is the male lead who is jaded and weary of life while the girl lead is naive and hopeful. here, it is in reverse. despite everything, injoon feels like he has a right to be happy and never mind what his secretary or his uncle think. but at the same time, we can see that it is not an easy decision to make. he needed to see hera to know that he made the right decision. thought it was sweet that he took permission from his mom to be happy.

won't be surprised if at some point he says that he feels hera was his mom's gift to him. despite his love of shoes and the business know how, injoon has not been able to really revive gold shoes. his factory workers know how to make shoes but not necessarily design them. his designers (based on centan's rejections) were not creating anything very interesting to stand out. so he needed someone like hera who can infuse that passion and creativity to really revive the business. in a way, her presentation of the shoes in the factory showed him that this dream was very possible and he has the best possible support and talent to make it happen. (so him giving up the rights wasn't necessarily a poor decision)

hera on the other hand has been jaded by whatever has happened in her life. don't think she knows enough of his world because she takes things at face value and what she's told. she is slowly starting to learn that this world of injoon is not as straightforward as she is. for example, she thought she could trust the uncle. it is only by experience she learned the uncle was not trustworthy. in the same way, she has no reason to distrust the doctor's words at the moment and so even though she does not want to believe it, she has no choice to accept that something is very wrong and injoon may be the centre of it...

@nubianlegalmind ~ sometimes feel like the hyung has a tiny sliver of conscience but then he does bank it down and let his greed take over. unlike his mom, he does feel shock and fear for the consequences of their actions. like when his mom said that the dad should be sedated, he is both shocked and worried for the safety but his mom just overrides him...won't be surprised if hera's sister was all her doing and by the time, he found out, there wasn't much to do except go along... so it will be interesting to see if there is more conflict within him and whether he will ever do the right thing.. also, he is the only one who feels the prick of doom coming.

but yea, like you said, he doesn't seem very business smart and it seems like the dad knows it as well. dad actually said that he preferred injoon fighting and taking revenge rather than walking away for this girl. so it was a real shocker and a different kind of revenge. so dad may have been banking on injoon taking over as he has the business smarts and actually cares for his employees.

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

he tries to put his reason cross calmly but he wasn’t heard or understood.In effect he portrayed patronising and she portrayed as the stroppy teenager who feels hurt ,and lashes out ,but in reality wants a hug and love . 

it was quite fun to watch that scene because she has been so irritating. but yea, like you said, she is hurting like crazy and maybe she just needs a hug and love. however, the person who sees beyond her witch behaviour is tae oh and she has been pushing him away with sharp words and behviour.. wonder if tae oh will really take her drunk words and actions and actually act on them? would it be actually worth it to hurt hera who has no connection?

@stroppyse ~ the past episodes didn't really indicate that soo hyun was ever in love with injoon; so was really surprised to hear her voice such sentiment. but perhaps, the point is not that she wants injoon specifically but rather somewhere far inside of her, she does want someone to love and who loves her back. she is very much alone other than her parents. she has no friends and only enemies because of her terrible behaviour. so maybe the dream was for someone to see beyond that and love her still? that was the hope? so maybe it is more a broken dream rather than love of injoon specifically?

@stroppyse ~ soo hyun's portrayal is very confusing (in a good way) in that she seems to have many dimensions. like you said, why on earth did she abandon tae oh and her daughter and even declare that she doesn't care if the child dies? and she didn't even seem to care for injoon at all because there were many times she humiliated him in a subtle way and so he pushed right back in a very polite manner. maybe like you said, he was just a prize and represented something? like she has achieved and she has value?

On 1/12/2019 at 9:58 PM, anony12345 said:

@anony12345

Wow, I get the sense that you really do not like Hae-Ra.  I hope In Joon  understands her motivation, based on the fact his mother was taken away from him at an early age and all he wanted was revenge. 

Assuming Tae Ho tells In Joon about the plot, he will also have to tell In Joon about Soo Hyun; their love affair and child together.  Therefore, as hurt as In-Joon might be that Hae-Ra was out for revenge, he still made the right decision in not marrying Soo Hyun.  In-Joon had two motivations for giving up everything, and the main motivation was to get out of the marriage with Soo Hyun whom he did not love, but was going to make it work because he did not believe in love.  I believe that Soo Hyun was pressured to walk away from her love and child; therefore, she was hoping that In-Joon would come to love her, she would have fame, fortune and power, and her sacrifice would be worth it. 

I commend In-Joon for going with his heart, even if Hae Ra does not love him, she will make a great partner and they will build an empire of their own in honor of his mother and her father.  @Lmangla I think as you do,  Hae Ra really cares for In Joon but is conflicted.  If she did not, she would not have worked so hard to make all of those shoes as a surprise for him.  I don't think she would have gone to bed with him so readily if it was just  about revenge.  She could have said "put a ring on it" first.  I believe she was sincere when she told him that she liked him, it was after her confession to In-Joon  that she saw of the the "so called" damming evidence. Even then, she did try to find out more; however, the on thing she has not done is to ask In-Joon. Please communicate.  

My Perdition 

In-Joon and Hae-Ra will get married, that is how Hae-Ra and her sister-in-law gets close and take them all down.  In Joon will probably end up with the Gold Empire anyway once the step-mother and uncle has been put in jail for attempted murder and the son disgraced.  Who knows the step-mother might be convicted for the murder of In-Joon's mother also.  

I also hope that the writer put Tae Ho and Soo Hyun together again with their daughter.  He still loves her and will give her what she needs love. 

On 1/17/2019 at 2:42 PM, Carmarie said:

@anony12345

Wow, I get the sense that you really do not like Hae-Ra.  I hope In Joon  understands her motivation, based on the fact his mother was taken away from him at an early age and all he wanted was revenge. 

Assuming Tae Ho tells In Joon about the plot, he will also have to tell In Joon about Soo Hyun; their love affair and child together.  Therefore, as hurt as In-Joon might be that Hae-Ra was out for revenge, he still made the right decision in not marrying Soo Hyun.  In-Joon had two motivations for giving up everything, and the main motivation was to get out of the marriage with Soo Hyun whom he did not love, but was going to make it work because he did not believe in love.  I believe that Soo Hyun was pressured to walk away from her love and child; therefore, she was hoping that In-Joon would come to love her, she would have fame, fortune and power, and her sacrifice would be worth it. 

I commend In-Joon for going with his heart, even if Hae Ra does not love him, she will make a great partner and they will build an empire of their own in honor of his mother and her father. 

It's funny because Lee Min Jung is genuinely my favourite actress and hands down is the most beautiful Korean actress for me, but her characters always have something irritating about them. I thought the same thing in Single Cunning Lady. I find her incredibly naive in this specific show.

When it comes to that side of his life In Joon just seems very innocent compared to Hae-ra - even if the end goal is something he wouldn't mind the intentions were rarely ever good. Even in real life if you got the guy or girl of your dreams and you realise half of the meeting/chase was pure manipulation, this idea that you'd just brush it off because the end result is something you desire is odd to me. Especially when one of the main end goals is love - just seems a twisted way to end up there without some reflection which is what I meant with not wanting him to just be like "that's fine, I didn't want to get married to her anyway" when the reveal happens. 

Done with episode 13 (25/26). WOW didn't expect this twist at all! Need to see the next episode like right now.

Firstly, I laughed at how horrified SooHyun was to wake up in JTO's apartment. And also how her first reflex is to actually visit Jennie's room like a creep. Well, at least now she knows that both her child and Tae Oh want her.

So, the book she found is called "crazy love" and she gave it to JTO, she wrote "I will always love you/Always love you" in it. Now is the big twist, someone mailed pictures of SooHyun and In Joon to Tae Oh with a letter..... and this letter mention Hae Ra, so none of this was actually a coincidence. The highlight of the letter: "This woman wants to destroy In Joon".

Will edit when I'm done with episode 14 (27/28).

Edit: 100% sure it's sister/daughter in law doing now!

Archived