[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

the girl who!

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

is anyone watching this?

watched the first four episodes and I enjoyed it. calling @USAFarmgirl @sava2sava @dotonly @staygold @triplem  @lu09 @Ldy Gmerm @rolisrntex @irilight @mdj101 @ktcjdrama  @angelangie  @stargazer187 @bebebisous33  and anyone who might like this kind of melo + revenge kind of story...

so it actually wasn't sad because there is a kind of fury underneath the melo. there is a sort of fighting spirit and so it is not like you can feel sorry for all the people... and you can see that attraction is already there from the start between our two leads. so that she is getting paid to steal his heart is going to complicate matters. would he have chased after her anyway without the situations.. guess, we will have to wait and see... and the announcer is such a horrid woman.ugh.. what is her story! @supergal99 ~ there is a cute tall guy! :P

I am going to check first 2 eps for 'Fighting spirit' and 'revenge' elements you mentioned! Thank you! I love this otp.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@staygold ~ liked this OTP in cunning single lady which is why I wanted to check out this drama and I wasn't disappointed. I like that the chemistry they display here is very adultish as in it is not a meet cute version. instead, there is a kind of elementary draw towards each other... should be interesting.

13 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Yeah I watched them. I find the story line interesting. The fact that she had decided she was was going to steal his heart anyway because the news cast witch stepped to her and got in her face makes it fun. Now with the other guy (I guess news caster's ex?) offered to pay her to do it makes it better. He is paying her to do what she had set out to do. It will be fun to see what plot twists come down the road. 

the news cast witch was horrendous. it was weird that she targets someone when her relationship with shoe boss is pure business... but it will be definitely be interesting to watch because HK fellow gave her no instructions besides stealing shoe boss heart. she is free to do whatever....

and P.S -- kekeke.. I wouldn't watch ghost dramas either! hahahaha... :D

12 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I ma gad she has good reasons but the consequences are going to be painful.

think it was one of the articles posted by @rubie which mentions that unlike other dramas, here, the lead girl hae ra is perennially alone. and we really see that don't we? she is dealing with everything on her own and even sees love as a luxury for those with money. so yea, it will be bad for the shoe boss as his family is already so complicated and dysfunctional...

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Already here @Lmangla  I'm also digging this drama.. The second lead thinks she can do whatever she likes when it comes to people.. I just wish GHR video tape her and upload it for all to see .. Her being a news announcer and having a kid out of wed lock living with a Man before marriage is all no no for Korean Society and no matter how much money her Mom has it won;t ave her job because her image is already shattered.. GHR will be the one to destroy her sooner or later.. 

yea, I wonder if it is her daughter. actually it wasn't clear what HK guy expected from her. it was interesting to see her reactions because there seemed to be almost human emotion till she turned super cold and declared that she doesn't care if that child is dying....

so @stargazer187 ~ you asked what this drama is about? well, there is shoe boss guy from a rich family who is sort of engaged to news witch lady. however, this is a purely business deal engineered by the two families and there is neither affection or love between the two of them except for show in front of paparazzi. shoe boss meets hae ra (our lead) who also happens to be a shoe designer. there is a kind of elementary attraction between them. now, in between, there is this guy from Hong Kong who comes to busan with his sick daughter. we aren't sure what is the exact deal but there is some sort of history between him and news witch girl. he tells her that his daughter is dying and her reaction enrages him so much that he decides that he is going to "bully her" and make her miserable. part of that plan is creating business problems for shoe boss and also paying hae ra to seduce or steal his heart.

while the story itself doesn't seem like anything new, it is the tone that sets it apart. the title is really apt. there is an element of fate in how these people are connected and how they are meeting and interacting, but the underlying fury is what drives these people. all of the leads are sort of damaged in some way and they are angry and frustrated by what has happened to them and that fury drives their actions..

I had an opportunity to watch this drama last night... loved it.  I cannot believe that I am currently watching  four dramas that I like, this year I cut back to one or two dramas at a time; however, last night while waiting for next episodes of Love Alert, the Last Empress, and The Encounter, I decided to see what this drama was about. 

The drama started off gritty, with HR's brother paying for stolen leather from the pier (loading dock) and then their shop being raided by the police. Another scene two brothers are arguing and one hits the other.  Okay, now I am interested. It gets better, TIJ, the second generation chaebol son's reporter girlfriend is off the chain. She approaches HR, and warns her to stay away for TIJ.   I am now getting into the plot, and the plot thickens, TIJ's fiance is JTO's ex-lover, and she possibly has a child by him.   He has a potential collaboration with TIJ.  The final connection between the four happens when JTO meets HR, because his handmade shoes, which her father made, needed repair. It is a delicious tangled web, especially when the JTO proposes a business deal to HR to steal TIJ's heart from his ex-lover.  

The first four episodes are well written, and well executed.  I am looking forward to watching the rest of this drama.  

December 4, 2018

K-Drama Premiere: “Fates And Furies” Promises To Bring Us To Good Places

SBS’ BRAND NEW DRAMA FATES AND FURIES PREMIERED THIS WEEK TO A RESOUNDING PROMINENCE.

By Nicole Caluag | HELLOKPOP

Powered by a stellar cast, Fates and Furies tells of a tangled tale between two couples and the lives they lead.

Lee Min Jung, who has been in hiatus for two years, makes her comeback in this drama. Joo Sang Wook, whom we last saw in Grand Prince, jumps right back into his next drama. So Yi Hyun and Lee Ki Woo round up the cast for this new series with promises of revenge, glamour and romance.

Pilot Week Rating: 4.gif?zoom=1.5625&resize=80%2C16&ssl=1

PILOT WEEK RECAP

Goo Hae Ra is the center of it all. But she is forced to engage in illegal trade just to make ends meet after her sister committed suicide and is in the hospital. She inherited her shoe-making talent from her father, who studied in Italy. She’s tough as nails and isn’t afraid to bring out her claws, especially when threatened.

THE FIRST MEETING

She meets Tae In Joon during a business meeting and helps him get the contract he desired. Indebted to her, and unknown to him at first, utterly charmed by her as well, the CEO conceals his true position from Hae Ra as he takes her home. There he witnesses Hae Ra’s possessions being thrown around by the loan shark. He confirms his suspicions: He Ra is a shoemaker, that she’s having a hard life, and that she’s broken.

Meanwhile, Hae Ra sits on the floor of her father’s workshop, only this time, everything has been turned upside down. She turns as someone enters and immediately recognizes the pair of shoes the man is wearing as one of her father’s creation. The man is none other than Jin Tae Oh of Centan Department Store in Hong Kong. He arrives to have his shoes repaired but invites Hae Ra out for a drink instead.

Once outside, Hae Ra wonders out loud how the world must look from the highest floors of buildings. Life must be different for those who look down on everything else, she muses. Tae Oh invites her to a party that will be held in those buildings. She initially declines, saying that going to the party would only remind her painfully of where she clearly belongs.

Hae Ra next meets In-Joon to give him the contract. Elated, he pays her, even though he initially apologized for offering her money. He also gives her his business card for her to call him in case she needs anything else. Cha Soo Hyun, In Joon’s appointed fiancee, suddenly appears and grabs the business card though and tells Hae Ra to keep the money but not the card.  The women confront each other, with Soo Hyun warning Hae Ra to stay away from her man. The latter bluffs her way out and leaves, but stands outside the hotel after as she sees the betrothed couple together inside.

fates34.jpg?resize=400%2C1024&ssl=1

A NIGHT AWAY FROM REALITY

Hae Ra makes up her mind and joins the glitz and glamorous party. Clad in a sexy red dress and a pair of shoes her own dad made for her, Hae Ra looks out of place until In Joon sees her and invites her in.

At the party, Hae Ra saves the day again as she stands barefoot onstage. She begins singing a Chinese love song, just as In Joon’s client starts to leave. Charmed, he decides to stay. Later on, he offers a chopper ride to his muse Hae Ra and In-Joon.

The two friends board the chopper, but In-Jo0n can’t keep his eyes off the beautiful lady beside him.  As they alight the chopper, Soo Hyun appears suddenly and grabs Hae Ra’s outstretched hand away from In-Joon’s hand, and accuses her of stealing her dress. Making a scene, she rips the dress before stalking off angrily.

Dejected, Hae Ra walks barefooted in the rain again. Her fairy tale ended too soon and she leaves humiliated. However, In Joon comes running after her, then covers her with his jacket and leaves her without a word.

It turns out that Soo Hyun was unable to attend the party, because she met Tae Oh, who was apparently an ex-lover and the father of her child. Cruelly, she tells him to treat her as if she were dead. Because to her, they were dead a long time ago. Tae Oh vows to make her life miserable until the day she dies.

TAE HYUN PLOTS HIS REVENGE

In his rage, Tae Oh plots his next moves carefully. Seeing Hae Ra’s appeal to In Joon, he uses her designs to lure him to her. He then approaches He Ra and gives her money, asking her to partner with him to steal In-Joon’s heart. Although she hesitates at first, she reluctantly agrees because she needs the money for her sister.

IT WAS FATE

In Joon realizes the shoe designer he was looking for is Hae Ra and immediately heads to Busan, leaving behind the birthday party of Soo Hyun’s father, which he himself requested for her to arrange. He runs after Hae Ra just as she was beating up a loan shark she paid off but tried to take advantage of her. They run off together and eventually end up beside the sea. He tells her that they should make shoes together. He also says that it’s insane of him to want to kiss her, but he stands up and does exactly that.

PILOT WEEK AFTERTHOUGHTS

Good shoes take people to good places. This was what Hae Ra’s dad told her as a child. I believe the same is holding true for this drama, i.e. a good story can bring us a good drama. Good acting can bring us great scenes. This is what Fates and Furies brought for its pilot week.

Normally, I shy away from heavy dramas and try to stick to the lighter ones. But I like that Fates and Furies is fast-paced and did not drag its feet in layering the plot for us. The chemistry between Lee Min Jung and Joo Sang Wook was electrifying that even a simple touch of their hands could make you feel the sizzle.

Sang Wook’s character, In Joon, is a legitimate son of the Gold Group who inherited his love for shoes from his deceased mother. He keeps her memory alive through the shoes, and he is desperate to keep Gold Shoes afloat.

The actors hit the spot in their portrayals of their characters so far. Charismatic Hae Ra catches the eye of the rich chaebol In Joon, flawlessly portrayed by Joo Sang Wook. He is torn between ambition and his growing attraction, and I am looking forward to seeing more of his acting.

What impressed me most was Lee Ki Woo, who plays the single father Jin Tae Oh. He charmed me with his concern for his daughter before he showed his scheming side by coming up a revenge plot against his ex, Cha Soo Hyun.

The suspense is enough for me to look forward to the next episodes. The love story, despite the betrayal, is something I am looking forward to the most.

Fates and Furies runs four episodes on SBS every Saturday.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:59 AM, Lmangla said:

I wonder if it is her daughter. actually it wasn't clear what HK guy expected from her. it was interesting to see her reactions because there seemed to be almost human emotion till she turned super cold and declared that she doesn't care if that child is dying....

@Lmangla hello there. Been lurking, reading all the informative posts. The characters who gets my attention actually are the 2nd leads. Somehow their history and story appeals to my sense of intrigue. Not that I don't like the story of the first leads, but the 2nd leads' saga is what enhances the lead characters drama, from my perspective.

I also wonder if the child is Cha Soo Hyun's. I am guessing here, that the HK guy, Jin Tae Oh and Cha Soo Hyun were lovers but JTO cheated on her and had a child with another woman and her coldness when she heard his child is dying? That explains her fury when she brok up with him and told him he was dead to her. If that were the case, then for me Cha Soo Hyun of all the characters is the saddest one. She is angry at the world for whatever happened to her and through all these years her anger has not dissipated but turned bitter. It seems Jin Tae Oh wants Soo Hyun back but he can't court her the usual way a man courts a woman so he concucts a plan to destroy the business plan/agreements between CSH the man she was engaged to, a business engagement by making the fiance fall in love with a beautiful designer and leave Soo Hyun. Or does JTO just want Soo Hyun to suffer? 

As for Go Hae Ra, her motivations are purer. She has no idea what JTO wants and what his reasons are but she needs money to save her deathly ill sister and pay off the loan sharks, fulfill her goals as a designer and she is being given this chance. Tae In Joon is the sitting target in all of these but is not yet aware of it. 

@zenya22 ~ am not sure what to expect in terms of the connection between soo hyun and tae oh. he seemed to be expecting some sort of reaction when he told her that his daughter was dying. was he expecting a hug? some sort of financial assistance?  it was unclear what he was expecting and also difficult to tell where her anger was coming from either. guess, till then she comes across as a cold news witch... like you said, this does make the 2nd leads quite interesting as we are not sure what to think of them yet....

come join us chingus!

December 8, 2018

Lee Min Jung And Joo Sang Wook Become Curious About One Another In “Fates And Furies”

Source: Soompi by K. Lew

Lee Min Jung And Joo Sang Wook Become Curious About One Another In âFates And Furiesâ

Lee Min Jung and Joo Sang Wook have grown interested in one another in “Fates and Furies.”

“Fates and Furies” is about four men and women — Goo Hae Ra (played by Lee Min Jung), Tae In Joon (played by Joo Sang Wook), Cha Soo Hyun (played by So Yi Hyun), and Jin Tae Oh (played by Lee Ki Woo) — who become surrounded by conspiracy, secrecy, greed, lust, and revenge as they become entangled with one another.

On December 8, the drama released still images of Joo Sang Wook and Lee Min Jung sharing a meal together at a Japanese-style pub.

They both ignore the stew in front of them, and appear to be absorbed and interested in each other. Lee Min Jung gazes at him with bright eyes and an expressionless face, while Joo Sang Wook tries his best to hide a smile as he sits confidently in front of her.

Lee-Min-Jung-Joo-Sang-Wook-.jpeg

Previously, Goo Hae Ra began to act on her greed after meeting Tae In Joon, while he began to fall for her. Cha Soo Hyun will be working to get in between the two, while Jin Tae Oh will be beginning his plan for revenge.

“Fates and Furies” airs every Saturday at 9:05 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

cuppa.gif Another coffee + snack treat for Goo Hae Ra & co.

Photos: Lee Min Jung

This one has definitely caught my interest, I don't believe I've seen a revenge drama like this one. Well its the second male lead out for revenge, not that I can blame him. That woman isn't even human, she abandons her daughter and hears about her dying and doesn't even care. Shipping the OTP already too!

Well I’v just had the fortunes of watching first two episodes and I love it :D 

Cha soo Hyun is horrible human being , She is a classic bully isn’t she . She probably miserable and doesn’t have any friend But only targeting people who she can manipulate. It should be fun to steal her man. 

I finish watching ep 3 and my thought is

DE30-D950-BC6-C-4-CFE-831-B-35-DBFDDCDD8

OMG .. What a scumbag , he sat back and leave his mom hit his wife when it’s obviously his fault . If that not enough he add insult to injury and ask his mom to take her someplace private and hit her more.

Ok eavesdropping never right to do but all this physical violence, how is that justified?! I never get it , how could she stand and just take it ; If I was her I will hit her back.

Tae Jung Ho certainly does no favors for the quality of men, I have to say .

11 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

I haven't watched yet @Ameera Ali she should run away or divorce him. They treat her like a slave just because her family goes bankrupt. 

She at least  in ep 3 , she obviously planning  some kind of ploting toward family I thinks she the one gives paparazzi their dirty secret , she not easy as she seem in the first 2 episodes .

I am normally not a makjang-ish drama fan but this drama's execution, cameography and pacing captures my heart....
Not unlike Ji Sung & Hwang Jung-eum's Secret.

And it is nice to see how much the leads' acting has improved since Cunning Single Lady.

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

She at least  in ep 3 , she obviously planning  some kind of ploting toward family I thinks she the one gives paparazzi their dirty secret , she not easy as she seem in the first 2 episodes .

True, won't be suprised if her in laws are behind her family's bankruptcy. Also there is a child involved so she may be preparing for child custody as well. It was funny the sister in law took the credit card from the DIL after harassing her and there was no money in there at all which resulted in that fight that landed her in the police station. 

Could someone kindly explain that scene that shows the full flashback in ep 4 regarding CSH and JIT. CSH says They are both dead but he says "our child" and she snaps and says the child is dead too. But what I don't understand is the following event that takes place after CSH leaves and the nanny holding the baby says something about the mother. Is it a translation error or something else is going on? My sixth sense tells me Chaebol mom or dad have something to do with this mess. I mean they can't be that stupid not to know their daughter is involved with some man and she also gave birth to his child. 

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

Could someone kindly explain that scene that shows the full flashback in ep 4 regarding CSH and JIT. CSH says They are both dead but he says "our child" and she snaps and says the child is dead too. But what I don't understand is the following event that takes place after CSH leaves and the nanny holding the baby says something about the mother. Is it a translation error or something else is going on? My sixth sense tells me Chaebol mom or dad have something to do with this mess. I mean they can't be that stupid not to know their daughter is involved with some man and she also gave birth to his child. 

In my understanding she is the one that threw out her daughter in the street not her mother ( that what he said to the woman ) . I thinks she had postnatal depression after birth , that why she wish her daughter dead - I am watching now other drama same situation mother didn’t want her child and come back for her & fighting lead actor for it [ my healing Iove]

I thinks her family knows but don’t care If her pregnancy didn’t hit the paparazzi  that time it’s not problem for her family . I find her parent cold towards her even she not warm toward them they are business like with each other . Even her mother said she is like her enemy .:D

Archived