• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 27, 2018

“Fates And Furies” Cast Members Are Full Of Desire In New Official Posters

Source: Soompi by J. Lee

âFates And Furiesâ Cast Members Are Full Of Desire In New Official Posters

New posters have been revealed for “Fates and Furies.”

SBS’s upcoming weekend drama “Fates and Furies” will tell the conflicting story of two men and two women. It will tell the story of a woman who loves a man to change her fate, and a man who loves her while believing that she is his destiny. It will also tell the story of another woman who tries to win over the man due to her own reasons, and another man who tries to win her back for revenge.

Fates-and-Furies-group-poster-1.jpg

In the posters, the four men and women are in the same place, but look in different directions. Their varying postures imply that they have separate desires and intentions.

Fates-and-Furies-group-poster-2.jpg

The production team of “Fates and Furies” stated, “We tried to portray Joo Sang Wook’s love and fury, Lee Min Jung’s seduction and ambition, So Yi Hyun’s greed and jealousy, and Lee Ki Woo’s revenge in the two group posters. Please look forward to the four characters’ dark saga full of love and ambition.”

“Fates and Furies” will premiere on December 1 at 9:05 p.m. KST. You can also start watching the drama on Viki soon.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1269995wpp/fates-furies-cast-members-full-desire-new-official-posters

“Fates And Furies” Cast Members Are Full Of Desire In New Official Posters

âFates And Furiesâ Cast Members Are Full Of Desire In New Official Posters

New posters have been revealed for “Fates and Furies.”

SBS’s upcoming weekend drama “Fates and Furies” will tell the conflicting story of two men and two women. It will tell the story of a woman who loves a man to change her fate, and a man who loves her while believing that she is his destiny. It will also tell the story of another woman who tries to win over the man due to her own reasons, and another man who tries to win her back for revenge.

Fates-and-Furies-group-poster-1.jpg

In the posters, the four men and women are in the same place, but look in different directions. Their varying postures imply that they have separate desires and intentions.

Fates-and-Furies-group-poster-2.jpg

The production team of “Fates and Furies” stated, “We tried to portray Joo Sang Wook’s love and fury, Lee Min Jung’s seduction and ambition, So Yi Hyun’s greed and jealousy, and Lee Ki Woo’s revenge in the two group posters. Please look forward to the four characters’ dark saga full of love and ambition.”

“Fates and Furies” will premiere on December 1 at 9:05 p.m. KST. You can also start watching the drama on Viki soon. Check out the latest teaser below.

November 29, 2018

Lee Min Jung And Heo Joon Suk Are Locked In A Tense War Of Nerves In “Fates And Furies”

Source: Soompi by L. Kim

Lee Min Jung And Heo Joon Suk Are Locked In A Tense War Of Nerves In âFates And Furiesâ

Lee Min Jung and Heo Joon Suk will meet as debtor and debt collector in “Fates and Furies.”

The upcoming SBS drama will tell the conflicting story of two men and two women. It will tell the story of a woman who loves a man to change her fate, and a man who loves her while believing that she is his destiny. It will also tell the story of another woman who tries to win over the man due to her own reasons, and another man who tries to win her back for revenge.

In the revealed stills, Lee Min Jung glares coldly at Heo Joon Suk. Her tough attire consists of a black hat and dark green jumper. She’s dressed as if she doesn’t want to be discouraged by the debt collector. The empty soju bottle, rice bowl, and earthen bowl in front of her seem to be explaining her current situation. She pretends to be strong, but it seems as if tears will pour out of her eyes any moment.

Sitting across from her, Heo Joon Suk doesn’t seem like an easy opponent. He doesn’t care about her charisma and just stares her down with a suffocating gaze. Viewers are wondering why Lee Min Jung meets Heo Joon Suk at a shabby restaurant, and what he will say to her.

lee-min-jung-heo-joon-suk1.jpg

The production crew commented, “Debt collector Kim Chang Soo [Heo Joon Suk] is a character who persistently harasses Goo Hae Ra [Lee Min Jung]. His proposal will lead her to a completely different way of life. Viewers will not be able to take their eyes off the TV due to the villain named Kim Chang Soo and the feelings of pity that will arise for Goo Hae Ra.”

The first episode of “Fates and Furies” will be broadcast on December 1 at 9:05 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

December 1, 2018

Joo Sang Wook Comments On Working With Lee Min Jung Again In “Fates And Furies”

Source: Soompi by S. Park

Joo Sang Wook Comments On Working With Lee Min Jung Again In âFates And Furiesâ

Joo Sang Wook shared his thoughts on working with Lee Min Jung again.

On November 30, a press conference was held for SBS’s newest drama “Fates and Furies” with actors Joo Sang Wook, Lee Min Jung, So Yi Hyun, Lee Ki Woo, Yoon Hak, and Park Soo Ah in attendance.

“Fates and Furies” tells a story about four people whose lives are intertwined, and their love and anger. In the drama, Joo Sang Wook appears as Tae In Joon, the CEO of a large company who falls in love with Goo Hae Ra (played by Lee Min Jung).

Speaking about his character, Joo Sang Wook said, “He’s a second-generation chaebol, but he doesn’t really have anything. He’s someone who’s trying to find his place while seeking revenge, and finds fateful love after meeting Goo Hae Ra.”

He continued, “I liked the overall color of the drama, atmosphere, and the emotions that the character Tae In Joon had. I focus on how much of the character I can express, and the role of Tae In Joon was really interesting in this aspect.”

In this drama, Joo Sang Wook and Lee Min Jung reunited as co-stars four years after appearing in “Cunning Single Lady” together. “We met again after becoming a married man and woman,” he said. “Since time passed and we became more mature, I think our acting has more depth and became more mature as well. The genre is completely different, so I think the acting will be very different as well.”

About his wife and actress Cha Ye Ryun, he said, “Before I go to work, she always puts honey water, burdock tea, and various snacks in my bag. She always takes care of me every time I go to film and helps me that way.”

“Fates and Furies” will premiere on December 1.

Source (1)

Lee Min Jung Explains Why She Chose “Fates And Furies” Role As Her Comeback Project

Source: Soompi by C. Hong

Lee Min Jung Explains Why She Chose âFates And Furiesâ Role As Her Comeback Project

Actress Lee Min Jung recently talked about why she was drawn to the role of Goo Hae Ra in “Fates and Furies” and how her son has impacted her acting.

“Fates and Furies” is a revenge-driven melodrama about one woman who loves a man in order to change her fate (Lee Min Jung), that man who loves her because he believes her to be his destiny (Joo Sang Wook), another woman who wants to win him back (So Yi Hyun), and another man who seeks revenge on that woman (Lee Ki Woo).

Lee Min Jung plays Goo Hae Ra, a woman in a desperate situation after her father passes away and her older sister attempts suicide. This is a heavier role than she has played in the past, having mostly stuck to light melodramas and romantic comedies throughout her career.

She said, “When I first read the script, it was exactly the kind of traditional drama that I wanted to do. I chose the project because it walked the line between melodrama and traditional drama. I did want to throw off some of the perceptions of me as a melodrama or romantic comedy actress, but I chose the project because it had the exact overall vibe that I was looking for.”

She added, “Goo Hae Ra is the kind of character who takes her fate into her own hands. When a female character cries, a male character will typically appear to help her. This is different. When Goo Hae Ra’s life falls apart, no one helps her. That’s why I worked to stay as faithful to the script as possible. There are a lot of scenes where you feel pity for Goo Hae Ra, and I wanted to act that out as skillfully as possible.”

Lee Min Jung’s last drama was 2016’s “Please Come Back, Mister.” A year before that, she gave birth to her first child.

She shared, “After my son was born, I’ve experienced a lot of emotions that I’d never known before. When there exists someone who is more precious to you than yourself, you experience a lot more emotions. I think that this changed not only my acting for this project but my entire life. I’m grateful to be able to experience such feelings.

She added, “I went from staying home all day to hardly ever being at home because of filming, so I can’t take good care of my son. But my husband is filming a movie and has more time than I do, so he’s pitching in more with childcare. I’m grateful.”

“Fates and Furies” premieres on December 1 and will be available on Viki.

Source (1)

November 30, 2018

Main cast of Fate and Fury talks about support from their spouses

Source: SBS (thanks to mistymorning for the translation)

30000618577_700.jpg

Lee Min Jung said because her husband is filming a movie, and his schedule is different (relatively more time) so he is in charge of their son. And she's thankful for that.

Apparently all of their spouses are also actors/actress.

For So Yi Hyun, her husband is sending support for her who got back to acting after long hiatus. Her husband is close with Joo Sang Wook, who was the emcee at their wedding. They (her husband and JSW) had a drink and her husband asked JSW to take care of her.

To this, Joo Sang Wook said he didn't really help much... and said his wife (Cha Ye Ryun) is packing snack box every day when he goes to filming. Like, honey tea, burdock tea, etc.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노 - Saturdays @ 20:55 KST

December 2, 2018

“Memories Of The Alhambra” And “Fates And Furies” Score Strong Ratings For Premiere Episodes

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

âMemories Of The Alhambraâ And âFates And Furiesâ Score Strong Ratings For Premiere Episodes

tvN’s new weekend drama “Memories of the Alhambra” and SBS’s new weekend drama “Fates and Furies” are both off to a strong start!

The first episode of “Memories of the Alhambra” aired on December 1 and scored average nationwide viewership ratings of 7.5 percent, peaking at 8.5 percent in real-time ratings. This made it the most-watched program in its time slot for cable channels. In tvN’s target age group, the drama did well with an average of 5 percent in ratings and peaking at 5.6 percent in real-time ratings. Though ratings for cable channels are aggregated in a slightly different manner, “Memories of the Alhambra” claimed the highest ratings among all programs in its time slot for both cable channels and public broadcasting channels for their target age group.

SBS also premiered their new Saturday drama “Fates and Furies” on December 1, and the drama scored nationwide viewership ratings of 7.2 percent on average. Real-time ratings for the drama peaked at 8 percent in a scene where Lee Min Jung is walking in the rain after being humiliated, and Joo Sang Wook comes running after her to comfort her. The drama tells the story of four men and women whose lives are intertwined in a story of fate, anger, greed, and desire, and the drama captivated viewers with its fast-paced storyline and emotional moments.

For Saturday-Sunday dramas, KBS’s “My Only One” continues to dominate with nationwide ratings of 31 percent for their December 1 episode. MBC’s “A Pledge to God” scored nationwide ratings of 11.9 percent while JTBC’s “SKY Castle” came in at 7.5 percent.

For cable channels, OCN’s “Priest” had ratings of 2.0 percent while Channel A’s “Coffee, Do Me A Favor” scored ratings of 0.6 percent.

Source (1) (2) (3)

article.jpg

Source: News1

December 2, 2018

Fates and Furies Debut: Leads from Cunning Single Lady Lee Min-jung and Joo Sang-wook reunite in high-rated premiere

by War Omega l Monsters & Critics

Fates and Furies

Lee Min-jung and Joo Sang-wook reunite in new K-drama Fates and Furies. Image Credit: Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS)

Lee Min-jung and Joo Sang-wook — the co-main leads from 2014 K-drama Cunning Single Lady — reunite in a new romantic drama, Fates and Furies. The K-drama just recently made its premiere and domestic viewers are loving it, proven by the high viewership ratings.

According to the viewership ratings provided by AGB Nielsen Korea, the third and fourth episodes averaged 7.0 percent for the nation and 7.1 percent for Seoul. Please take note that the average is a bit unique as the first and second episodes are not recorded.

The reason why is Fates and Furies only airs episodes on one day but they release four episodes per day, back-to-back. Ergo, episodes one through four were technically overall the debut/premiere for Fates and Furies.

Since Fates and Furies just started, there isn’t enough data to register how it is doing internationally. For K-drama fans in the Americas, it is airing on Rakuten Viki. From what we see on initial reviews and live responses, fans are loving the new series.

What is Fates and Furies all about?

Fates and Furies — which is also known as Fate and Fury — is a 40-episode long series airing on the Seoul Broadcasting System. It stars Lee Min-jung and Joo Sang-wook.

A melodrama centered on both love and revenge, Goo Hae-ra (Lee Min-jung) approaches Tae In-joon (Joo Sang-wook) with ulterior motives, only to truly fall in love with him. To make matters worse, Hae-ra find out In-joon’s family is associated with her sister’s attempted suicide. This fact causes Hae-ra to fall deeper into guilt.

The question that needs to be asked is what will Tae In-joon do when he finds out what Goo Hae-ra’s motives are? Will he turn spiteful and try to exact revenge or will love win the day?

Fates and Furies aired its first through fourth episodes on Saturday, December 1, 2018, at 9:05 p.m. KST on SBS. Subsequent episodes will air on the same day at the same time for 40 episodes.

For international viewers, specifically those living in North and South America, it can be viewed on Rakuten Viki. The first and second episodes are free-to-watch. The remaining episodes as of now require the viewer to subscribe to Viki Pass Standard.

Drama 'Fates and Furies'

Drama 'Fates and Furies'

The stars of the drama "Fates and Furies" -- Jung Yoon-hak, Joo Sang-wook, Lee Min-jung, So Yi-hyun, Park Soo-ah and Lee Ki-wook (L to R) -- along with director Jung Dong-yoon (C) -- pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Nov. 30, 2018. The first episode of the drama was aired by the SBS TV network on Dec. 1. (Yonhap

@stroppyse hello. How are you? Sorry to ask but is there any change you can translate the characters descriptions and plot. 

I need it for the viki page. Thank you.  I posted it hopefully the thread starter is active. I have looked elsewhere. 

The Korean script for the lines are also uploaded. Guys... this is why things are better when it is LEGAL you get the real stuff. Not dependant on one tired subber and another quality checker- the VIU subbers. But yeah the Hangul scripts are uploaded so technically if you read and write Hangul you should be able to sub. Good way to practise touch typing on a keyboard.

is anyone watching this?

watched the first four episodes and I enjoyed it. calling @USAFarmgirl @sava2sava @dotonly @staygold @triplem  @lu09 @Ldy Gmerm @rolisrntex @irilight @mdj101 @ktcjdrama  @angelangie  @stargazer187 @bebebisous33  and anyone who might like this kind of melo + revenge kind of story...

so it actually wasn't sad because there is a kind of fury underneath the melo. there is a sort of fighting spirit and so it is not like you can feel sorry for all the people... and you can see that attraction is already there from the start between our two leads. so that she is getting paid to steal his heart is going to complicate matters. would he have chased after her anyway without the situations.. guess, we will have to wait and see... and the announcer is such a horrid woman.ugh.. what is her story! @supergal99 ~ there is a cute tall guy! :P

@Lmangla

Yeah I watched them. I find the story line interesting. The fact that she had decided she was was going to steal his heart anyway because the news cast witch stepped to her and got in her face makes it fun. Now with the other guy (I guess news caster's ex?) offered to pay her to do it makes it better. He is paying her to do what she had set out to do. It will be fun to see what plot twists come down the road. 

So now I have this one (only saw two minutes of Shim Yi Young but I'm not greedy), My Only One, and just started watching The Guest. Funny thing about The Guest, my wife suggested watching it but she checked out because it is too scary for her. I absolutely love it!

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

is anyone watching this?

watched the first four episodes and I enjoyed it. calling @USAFarmgirl @sava2sava @dotonly @staygold @triplem  @lu09 @Ldy Gmerm @rolisrntex @irilight @mdj101 @ktcjdrama  @angelangie  @stargazer187 @bebebisous33  and anyone who might like this kind of melo + revenge kind of story...

so it actually wasn't sad because there is a kind of fury underneath the melo. there is a sort of fighting spirit and so it is not like you can feel sorry for all the people... and you can see that attraction is already there from the start between our two leads. so that she is getting paid to steal his heart is going to complicate matters. would he have chased after her anyway without the situations.. guess, we will have to wait and see... and the announcer is such a horrid woman.ugh.. what is her story! @supergal99 ~ there is a cute tall guy! :P

Thanks for the recommendation chingu:wub:. I'll watch it over the weekend:D.

December 3, 2018

“Encounter” Tops Rankings Of Buzzworthy Dramas And Actors

Source: Soompi by DY_Kim

On December 3, the Good Data Corporation revealed the rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members from November 26 through December 2.

The results are based on the analysis of reactions on 34 dramas through news articles, blog posts, online communities, social media, and video clip view counts.

Several new dramas premiered and made strong debuts on the rankings.

tvN’s “Encounter” entered at No. 1 with a high percentage share of 16.87, while “Memories of the Alhambra” entered at No. 3 with 10.81 percent.

Other new dramas “Clean with Passion for Now,” “Death Song,” and “Fates and Furies” placed No. 5, No. 6, and No. 8, respectively.

fate_2_2.gif

The buzz for “SKY Castle” increased by 71.5 percent from the previous week, raising its ranking to No. 2 with a share of 10.84 percent.

1. tvN “Encounter” (16.87 percent)
2. JTBC “SKY Castle” (10.84 percent)
3. tvN “Memories of the Alhambra” (10.81 percent)
4. SBS “The Last Empress” (8.11 percent)
5. JTBC “Clean with Passion for Now” (6.73 percent)
6. SBS “Death Song” (5.17 percent)
7. SBS “Where Stars Land” (3.87 percent)
8. SBS “Fates and Furies” (3.13 percent)
9. MBC “Children of Nobody” (3.01 percent)
10. tvN “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” (2.69 percent)

Actors of the new dramas dominated the ranking for cast members who dominated the most buzz. The “Encounter” leads took the first two spots, while actors of “Memories of the Alhambra,” “Clean with Passion for Now,” “Death Song,” and “Fates and Furies” also ranked high.

fate_2_3.gif

Check out the top 10 below:

1. tvN “Encounter” – Park Bo Gum
2. tvN “Encounter” – Song Hye Kyo
3. tvN “Memories of the Alhambra” – Hyun Bin
4. JTBC “Clean with Passion for Now” – Kim Yoo Jung
5. tvN “Memories of the Alhambra” – Park Shin Hye
6. JTBC “Clean with Passion for Now” – Yoon Kyun Sang
7. SBS “Death Song” – Lee Jong Suk
8. SBS “Fates and Furies” – Lee Min Jung
9. SBS “Death Song” – Shin Hye Sun
10. SBS “The Last Empress” – Jang Na Ra

Source (1)

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

is anyone watching this?

Already here @Lmangla  I'm also digging this drama.. The second lead thinks she can do whatever she likes when it comes to people.. I just wish GHR video tape her and upload it for all to see .. Her being a news announcer and having a kid out of wed lock living with a Man before marriage is all no no for Korean Society and no matter how much money her Mom has it won;t ave her job because her image is already shattered.. GHR will be the one to destroy her sooner or later.. 

Archived