[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

the girl who!

3 hours ago, foreverempress said:

Looking at the episodes WITH the subs...So far, my theory is almost pinpoint perfection correct!!! He is playing them all like a fiddle. He has He ra doing his dirty work as contrition all the while and is stabbing her. He is playing the same game as she did at a higher level. She is reaping what she sows times 100 & she can't see it coming. He has become his father...2 years in prison and being played will teach. Emotions and having feelings do not make a relationship! Relationships built on emotions & loneliness are sinking ships and are dysfunctional. 

I like you He Ra, but you earned it. I still feel sympathy for you though!

Wicked stepmother & brother...It is still not over yet! 

i actually thought the complete opposite.

IJ in prison for 2 years and the guy seems to have planned diddly squat yet he was telling SH that's all he was thinking about in prison. He has been spoon fed everything useful thing these last two episodes by other people. The tapes he got from the daughter in law allowed him to get to the doctor. And after spectacularly failing at getting the director to give his shares up (what was his strategy even? Sneak in, risk trespassing and then his idea of convincing the director was what exactly? He didn't make one argument, ) he then needed HR to make sure he wasn't caught trespassing and then was handed the little sis shares on a plate by HR.

Not sure how any of that is him playing them like a fiddle. There's no way he knew the DIL had tapes or HR was working to get shares back. The guy is genuinely useless.

Really enjoyed the first few episodes of this show but it has not turned out how I'd hoped quality wise. I thought the two year jump would help but it hasn't. Picked it up mainly because Lee Min Jung was in it and I like a good revenge flick but this just hasn't worked for me. Haven't been invested in HR's revenge arc since at least half way through the show and IJ is too dumb and incompetent for me to support.

At this point I just want to see Jennie have a happy ending because she's adorable.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I don’t know , it sounds as thought the episodes was pretty much mainly about Hae Ra and righting her wrong doing toward In joon , obviously the writer trying so desperately to make her come cross wonderful and regretful - Why can’t she give him the space 

for me personally , on one hand I am pleased about Hae-Ra feeling as guilty as possible. on the other hand , what’s easier to care about at the moment, Hae Ra’s guilt or In Joon’s  feelings ?  Because I thinks his feeling is more important than her feeling guilty , I like that he wasn’t angry with her in sense she betrayed him and put him in jail but he hurt that she thought he was capable to hurt her sister the way she was thinking . 

For him now the point is not only the betrayal, which I actually think In Joon could have get over But the fact Hae Ra thought he can hurt some with cold blood , which I don’t think he can or should forget  , because how can he , she break his heart and showed She didn’t trusted him enough to think he was good man .

Finally at end of episodes I am bleased he ask , why she doing what she doing now and explain to her no point in doing it , he not gonna forgive her , and I think he right to say that , there is nothing Hae Ra could do , to right her wrong . All her self sacrificing it’s nonsense . 

4 hours ago, mslilith said:

Also can we talk about the slap? I don’t like the evil step brother. But he isn’t bad looking. 

That slap was well deserved and overdue. I really wish it had came from his wife......to bad we didn't have one for the mother.

8 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

......to bad we didn't have one for the mother.

She don’t deserve to be called mother , who choose money over her daughter, even animal protect their own :triumph:

She don’t deserve only slap but 

A57A1C13-1563-4CCB-82D3-D0EE24913D26.gif

19 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

She don’t deserve to be called mother , who choose money over her daughter, even animal protect their own :triumph:

She don’t deserve only slap but 

I don’t think oven is good enough. She just annoys me. She is quite annoying in many dramas that woman I mean. 

45 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the design team have been completely a-holes this entire time He Ra? If I was her, I would not be upset about them leaving at all!!!

Do you mean towards her or in general? 

well this week was interesting! hahahah.... so hera using jung min was smart. was kind of surprised that eun gun just took her back. she was such an annoying brat in the earlier scenes but she proved to have some use to the plot. wish we could get some answers into some of the other questions before the drama ends:

-- so the sister-in-law -- did she set this plot with scheme with tae oh hoping she would be allowed to get her kid back? is it not the brother's kid? why is this kid in some foreign place? and

-- why did soo hyun abandon tae oh and jennie? does soo hyun still like in joon?

-- and who is the loan shark really? why does he care so much about hera?

but hera's smackdown was fun to watch. she was so daring and unafraid in front of the bodyguards and manipulated the family. she is not afraid to die and neither does she care what anyone thinks. so it does make her quite fearless and scary. @dramaninja ~ think she will get forgiven by in joon as well; the guy listens to the tapes and instead of disgust or anger, he sighs and keeps repeating the recording of her saying "I want to marry in joon" -- so he is not yet over her and not even that mad. instead more mad that she doubted his character when he loved her like crazy. maybe she will get arrested for her role in the slush fund and he will just wait for her for 2 years? ^_^

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

-- so the sister-in-law -- did she set this plot with scheme with tae oh hoping she would be allowed to get her kid back? is it not the brother's kid? why is this kid in some foreign place?

The answer is yes. I believe exactly this scenario took place. She met with JTO to take down IJ so her husband could become chairman and bring her son back from where ever he is. I'll go a step further. I also believe that after she got her son back, she was planning on destroying the rest of the family as revenge for what they did to her family.

She set the plan in motion with IJ only after the husband reneged on his promise to bring her child back. She found another way to accomplish the same goals. She has been largely in the background throughout this drama but I think she has been the puppet master all along.

Here are my final thoughts and reflections about the series, predictions, etc because I do not plan to post any further.

The writer:  He had a master piece in his hand and did not and still does not know what to do with it. This weekend, in my opinion, has been filler material and could have been better spent. Somewhere around midway he lost focus and I posted as much. I think the biggest mistake started when they busted He Ra & acted like they were n a relationship. Everything was a wasted opportunity. I would be hard-pressed to watch any other dramas from this writer. The time jump made the show unrecoverable on every level.

In-Joon & He Ra: I think people in general tend  read what they want to out of actions because of the desire of what they want to happen vs. what is actually happening. With that being said, here are the facts, not conjecture about In-Joon & He Ra that has taken place:

1. He verbalizes to He Ra that his biggest sin is that he ever fell in love with her & think that she was his destiny. "I've fully paid for my sins & now it's your turn."
  2. He verbalized that he ruminated in prison about the situation.
  3. When his friend tried to feed him that line about how he believes it is all his brother & step mom fault because they were aiming for them anyway, he SHUT him down several times & explicitly stated that it was her fault too. It was even acknowledged that He Ra could go to prison & he explicitly stated that is fine.
  4. He listened to He Ra on tape verbalizing that she was going to kill him, not turn him in, but KILL him. He listened to the stepmother explicitly tell He Ra not to kill him, but drug him instead.
  5. He listened to He Ra on tape saying that she wanted to marry him, several times.
  6. He asked her straight up what was going on & she refused.
  7. He told her straight out that he what she did by getting those shares does not absolve her of her guilt & that he would not forgive her. He stated verbatim:"What difference does this make? I will never be able to forgive you."
  8. Before all this happened, he explicitly forgave her and told her he did not care about why she initially approached him, he loves her anyway.
  9. He was drugged, willfully deceived, and imprisoned by the woman he loved for a crime he did not commit. 

My interpretation of the In-Joon & He Ra (something that is added to the facts, opinion, inferences):

I have nearly two adult daughters & the question I ask myself is this, rather it is in real life or a kdrama, if they were in In-Joon's shoes, what should they do? This is what I think, it is unfathomable that there should be a reconciliation because there is not trust & this is a woman that was willing to murder him for revenge. I do not care how much I love the main character, love extends not only grace and mercy which is something that she did not give In Joon, but it also extends justice, correction, and discipline. She has shown In Joon that she is not a good judge of character & would possible do the same thing again. In Joon has been too impulsive since this show started; I have always posted this & said that this would be his down fall & it was. Just because there are residual feelings does not mean that two people should be together. Emotion minded people are very dangerous overly sensitive people-they want everything around them to change because of their "emotions". People that live mostly according to how they feel are not suitable to be in relationships in the long-term. They lack balance and act accordingly. A well-balanced person that is emotionally and mentally stable knows how to balance rationality & emotions by integrating them together to make wise decisions. There is a difference between being emotional and emotion-minded. Emotion-minded people think that feelings are the main core of a relationship which is why they are emotionally vulnerable. This is why emotion-minded people can stay in destructive, maladaptive, and unhealthy relationships because how that other person makes them feel takes precedence over everything else, even good common sense. 

I believe in forgiveness & repentance which is why I admire the character He Ra because she is truly repentant for what she did & she needs just punishment for her actions, not revenge. If she truly learns the error of her ways and grows spiritually, emotionally, and mentally it will be beneficial for her.

Because of what In-joon went through, no matter how he feels for her, he cannot get past what she did & he shouldn't. He should forgive her and move on. Why would I want him back with her simply because they have chemistry? NO! It is like the Last Empress, I can empathize with the emperor because I know the spirituality, neuroscience, developmental science, and family systems development behind trauma especially during childhood. As much as empathize & sympathize with him because he has borderline personality disorder and trauma related symptoms, I do not want him reconciled with the main lead for the same reasons I do not want a reconciliation here: Accountability, introspection, and self-agency.  In Joon is done! I do not put it past this writer to try a happy ending, but since he came this far, he should keep In Joon's self respect intact. Love wants what IS best & not what feels best. Feelings are not facts or thinking, there is a difference, feelings are emotional and physiological responses to thoughts, beliefs, and perceptions. Love is not vengeful or abusive & people who truly love would not want reconciliation of unhealthy individuals that are not capable or not ready to give love.

That's a wrap from me: Peace out everyone!

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I don't think IJ is a very good plotter, frankly, and thinking about it in prison for 2 years hasn't made him that much better. It kind of figures, however, since IJ has spent his life trying to be as straightforward and as forthright as possible.

LOL.. so true! :lol: they had such great chemistry in cunning single lady and was wondering why that spark seems so muted but it is partly because of the character of injoon... he seems in a way rather lifeless no? kind of cold?

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Still, HR seems to have a bit of a soft spot for JM since even though HR was putting UG back with JM to get JM to sign her shares to IJ, HR also tells JM that UG doesn't care about JM's background or anything like that and just likes her for her, so she should go to him.

was actually surprised by that as jung min doesn't seem that lovable and rather annoying -- does hera just see someone who is outwardly hurting while she is internally hurting? is that it? ... really thought that UG would turn around and say "oops, sorry. all for revenge. bye bye" to jung min when she came to him but instead he seemed to genuinely accept her?? but hera was really smart in that jung min would not burn her bridges with her family unless she had a exit, someone to go to.

12 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Plus, JM is in that weird space where she was both important and yet not important at all, which the conversation that she overhears her mother and brother have confirms.

was difficult to tell whether the mother and brother believed if jung min was in any danger at all. did they think that jung min has a tendency to run off and so she will come back anyway after her holiday? or that hera is not that evil to do something really bad and so jung min probably isn't suffering? ... but like how you phrased jung min's whole life dilemma -- she is both important and yet not important at all..

17 hours ago, foreverempress said:

The writer:  He had a master piece in his hand and did not and still does not know what to do with it. ... Somewhere around midway he lost focus and I posted as much. I think the biggest mistake started when they busted He Ra & acted like they were n a relationship. Everything was a wasted opportunity.

Let’s suppose that we travel for 400 kilometers by car. Until Km 280, the car runs all right. The scenery is beautiful. While the road is sometimes bumpy, the ride is enjoyable. However, the car owner has a strange idea to make the journey 'more exciting'. He puts faulty engine parts, so that after Km 280, the car would break down and need frequent stops for repair. When we arrive at the destination, the car owner asks, "How do you enjoy the journey? Do you find the breakdown exciting?"

Until episode 27 & 28, things are going great between In-Joon & Hae-Ra. Then, a huge misunderstanding, which could have been easily avoided, occurs and BOOM, Hae-Ra betrayed In-Joon. In-Joon falls to Jung-Hoo's trap and gets imprisoned. Since then, Hae-Ra, A-Jung & In-Joon himself have to work extra hard to salvage the situation. At the end of the serial, the production team would ask us viewers, "How do you enjoy the drama? Do you find the breakdown exciting?"

There is the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't tinker with it".

I know what point the people above are trying to make but at the start of the show we saw a calculating IJ going for his revenge against his father/brother and winning (even got the company from him). He's been thinking about and plotting revenge from a young age and if anything should be decent at it - as they showed at the start of the show that he was. The fact that he has become incompetent all of a sudden is what annoys me when they showed him to be smart and ahead of the game at the start of the show.

The character just became an idiot in all facets since meeting HR

IJ wasn't happy when he was doing his revenge. He spent his whole life for revenge and he was never happy. He met the woman who resembles his mom and he wanted to be happy with her. So, he had to stop what he planned. Should we call this guy an idiot??? Yes, he did not realize how evil his half brother and step mother can be. That was his mistake. But, I can't agree he is an idiot. If someone doesn't understand why he falls for HR and stopped revenge,  he/she better drops this drama. 

You've completely misunderstood my point (though I also think he's an idiot for not questioning HR's motives at all with what he knew, but I've explained that line of thinking numerous times in the thread already).

Whether he was happy about the revenge is not my point - it's the fact that he was shown to be competent and calculating at the start of the show as we saw through his revenge against his dad/brother. But he hasn't managed to do one smart thing since and if anything is being shown as stupid with how he was starting his revenge since leaving prison.

Archived