[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

the girl who!

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

General reminder:

Please remember that sharing illegal streaming sites is prohibited. I've hidden all posts and ask you to adhere to the forum rules.

-Jillia

! In Joon's uncle thinks that he is doing the right thing by having Go Ha Re beaten up or killed, but he is making it worst. He also knows if their marriage is off, then In Joon will stand to lose everything he has worked for. 

OMG , the uncle seems so twisted, What he did was out of this world , all the advice he was giving In Joon was horrible , what kind of uncle didn’t warn his nephew that the woman he is marrying so horrible that she left her daughter . Maybe the twist is , that the uncle will turn out to be ,the person who was in relationship with the sister and used In Joon car when he take her to hospital . I’ve ruled out the father my bet now on the brother or the uncle . 

Maybe I watch too many kdramas but I have the itching suspicions that IJ’s uncle is really his father (hence his over the top efforts to make the arranged marriage happen like sending men out to get HR). Was that Hrs plan by telling the uncle? So she could get hurt, call IJ to see her hurt and then have him be mad at those close around him so that the only one he trusts and leans on is HR?

KAJ, Ijs sister in law. What was she gonna do with that recording? Another prediction of mine is that she’s either working for IJ or JTO (she didn’t seem too surprised when he arrived with HR at the engagement party).

I’m still processing this amazing drama and letting it fester in my mind. So more theories are to come XD 

15 hours ago, philosophie said:

but I have the itching suspicions that IJ’s uncle is really his father (hence his over the top efforts to make the arranged marriage happen like sending men out to get HR)

thought the uncle was his mom's brother? vaguely remember the stepmom making a few comment about how the first wife's brother was still working for the family and he was just like the first wife in temperament...

now that I have watched the two episodes, it makes sense if the uncle is the one who was having an affair with hera's sister and used in joon's name as a cover perhaps? and in joon may not even be aware of what happened if his identity was used by his cover -- he could have lent his credit card and car? so maybe that will be the twist....

poor injoon -- it is now obvious that he can't trust anyone in his family because everyone is at war. his uncle is also after the company -- whether he wants it for himself or sees it as a kind of revenge is a bit unclear. so from what they keep saying -- it was injoon's mom who established the company and so technically the company was hers. then, injoon's dad basically stole it from them and mom, injoon were kicked out? injoon doesn't seem like instinctively cruel and it really stung when his brother said that he was just like his dad. but the uncle then goads him not to have mercy or be weak. no wonder injoon is so exhausted and weary even though he is about to get everything. does anyone actually care about him?.. in a way, he and hera are really kindred souls and their silent chemistry really does work.

@Ameera Ali ~ am also liking that hera is not the typical female lead. find it amusing that she knows her loan shark so well that they are sort of friends? and it was pretty satisfying to see her give it back to cha soo hyun as well as jin tae oh. so this is not a girl they can push around in their little games. so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. am not sure about cha soo hyun but this week added another layer to her. not sure if she actually cares for injoon or if she is simply following mother's others. however, him not caring at all certainly does bite. and it is interesting that everyone at work felt that it was a business relationship.. so it is already embarrassing and obvious...

poor injoon -- it is now obvious that he can't trust anyone in his family because everyone is at war. his uncle is also after the company -- whether he wants it for himself or sees it as a kind of revenge is a bit unclear.

Excellent point , would that make him question his uncles motives? Would that make a distance between them ?  he knows he try’s  to hurt woman he cares for and he ask him to leave her alone . Or was it a clever way she plan to trick him just like @philosophie thought . 

But what beats me , why his first thought was that his uncle got something to do with her being in a dangerous  situation ? when he got the call ? Did he knows his uncle is capable of arranging for someone to be attacked ? Was he aware how dangerous his uncle is ?  If I was him my first thought will be the fiancé ,at least he saw how cruel she was with her  first hand . 

Personally I think uncle wants company to comeback to his family .Thats why the uncle has been to an unhealthy degree reminding In Joon about his mom and how his father destroyed everything . He wants to keep him angry and remember  the past so he takes revenge from them . 

Hi all! I binge watched all the episodes in a few days because I was hooked after the first one, and here I am.

I'll try to sum up my theories. Starting from what @philosophie said.

On 12/31/2018 at 1:11 AM, philosophie said:

Maybe I watch too many kdramas but I have the itching suspicions that IJ’s uncle is really his father (hence his over the top efforts to make the arranged marriage happen like sending men out to get HR). Was that Hrs plan by telling the uncle? So she could get hurt, call IJ to see her hurt and then have him be mad at those close around him so that the only one he trusts and leans on is HR?

You know, I've been asking myself the same thing, but I think Hae Ra never believed it would come to this (being beat up by the uncle's men). What makes me think she didn't expect it to happen is that when she run away to hide, she seemed truly scared for her life. She is alone and we, the viewers, see her purest reaction. In a situation like that it's hard to think rationally and act since the thug was still after her. If she wouldn't have been affected by the whole thing, she would be a masochist - which she doesn't seem to be. Even when she looks at her phone, she sees Eun Gui's number first and then In Joon's, as if she's deciding whether to call him or not. Because In Joon may ask questions about the who and the why. So I think Hae Ra didn't plan to call In Joon but in the end it all worked in her favor. But maybe next episode will clear us this doubt.

As for the shady uncle, I think he supports In Joon because he is his sister's son (unless proven otherwise) and he wants him to get the company that we know was established by In Joon's mom. To do this he must ally with the Cha family and marry Soo Hyun, that's why he has all the intels about everything and knows Hae Ra could mess everything up and he's trying to eliminate anything that could hinder his goal. He probably already knew about Jennie too.

Regarding Hae Ra's sister Hyun Joo and how she ended up in a coma, I agree with @Ameera Ali that the uncle could have been the guy who took her to the hospital and used In Joon's info, but my suspicions are also on his older brother Jung Ho. We know that he married his wife just for her non-existent fortune and it was mentioned by him that he had women on the side? More than the uncle who is older, I see Jung Ho as the fascinating rich man. He fits the image more and he seems the type to manipulate people and use them and then throw them away like trash. And he hates In Joon, so it could be a reason to put this on him if it ever gets discovered. Since we have the handwritten signature on the receipt, we should see if there are handwritten documents to compare. XD The only thing that doesn't add up is that Jung Ho seems like a man who doesn't like to waste a penny and he's the most predictable candidate among the wealthy people, so maybe he's less likely to be who damaged Hyun Joo. One of the possible men could also be Tae Oh. At first he seems warm and gentle, but as the story goes, I see that he also has an aggressive side. I get he's angry and anxious for his daughter's life, but I'm disgusted by how he threatened Hae Ra at the hospital when he removed her sis' oxygen mask. Plus, he is the one who arranged her to be transferred and knew where to find Hae Ra when he offered her to seduce In Joon. And he already went to Busan in the shop owned by Hae Ra's dad when he was still alive, so he could have met her sister and her already by they don't remember. The only thing that doesn't work for him it's that Hyun Joo was hospitalized in 2015 and it seems rumors of the marriage between Soo Hyun and In Joon haven't appeared before 2018, I think, so there isn't a reason Tae Oh would try to frame In Joon. I think they didn't even know before their collaboration, unless Tae Oh knew In Joon already and something happened for him to do this. *shrug* So my bet is on the uncle or Jung Ho.

Honestly I first suspected IJ’s sister as the one responsible for HRs sisters death. We see in the beginning of the show how she gets in trouble legally and has done in the past. This will be a double betrayal because she’s in a relationship with Hrs brother right now. 

55 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Honestly I first suspected IJ’s sister as the one responsible for HRs sisters death. We see in the beginning of the show how she gets in trouble legally and has done in the past. This will be a double betrayal because she’s in a relationship with Hrs brother right now. 

If it's the sister, I think it'd be even more "epic" XD because nobody would suspect it was a woman! Although Hyun Joo said it was a man who paid for Hae Ra's Italy expenses. Or... In Joon's stepmother could also be a suspect. She hates him because he's the legitimate son.

Or maybe it was really In Joon who brought Hyun Joo to the hospital, but not for the reason Hae Ra thinks. Maybe he just found her and took her to the hospital with his car to save time, since an ambulance would have taken a lot of time to arrive. And then he paid the receipt of the hospital because he didn't know who to contact?

Uh and I forgot. I like your take on the daughter in law. She is enduring too much and I hope she is on our side. lol. She could have been planted there by the uncle to sink the family even more, since she didn't bring any fortune in the household.

3 hours ago, philosophie said:

2 hours ago, purplebass said:

If it's the sister, I think it'd be even more "epic" XD because nobody would suspect it was a woman! Although Hyun Joo said it was a man who paid for Hae Ra's Italy expenses. Or... In Joon's stepmother could also be a suspect. She hates him because he's the legitimate son.

The only thing I’ve really noticed so far in this drama , IJ’s sister is dumb , If I put it nicely not the sharpest tool in the shed she can’t plot something thats complicated, for god sake sister in law even keeps tricking her to get into trouble . ^_^

However , if she the one behind it , I can assume she done it for someone and that wouldn’t fit her personality she’s so selfish . She wouldn’t do anything of anybody or it could be just me putting 2 + 2 together and coming up with 5.:sweatingbullets:

It being the uncle does make sense to me , taking into account his link to In Joon , If he was the one order killing her , he may figured out who she is and that she digging into her sister past.He may want to kill two birds with one stone. :D

593D943E-E52E-4481-985A-09C205F9DAA5.jpg

If I could add up this in the first meeting with her ( ep 4 ) the uncle seem to me , he recognised her or she reminded him off someone the way he was looking at her maybe the sister :unsure: 

20 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Personally I think uncle wants company to comeback to his family .Thats why the uncle has been to an unhealthy degree reminding In Joon about his mom and how his father destroyed everything . He wants to keep him angry and remember  the past so he takes revenge from them . 

@Ameera Ali  Uncle has no other choice but to use the cub to attack the tiger.. He knows that Dad wouldn't kill his own son but him yes and then who will protect the cub once the uncle is out of the way.. TIJ needs to think from different angels.. Maybe at some point uncle was going to use the information given by HR against her and her scary mom at some point when TIJ could control it all without the help of her family.. But uncle seeing it as of now this family is needed.. Maybe he also knew about her past and stayed quite just for these reasons.. Now that he knows he should think why would CSH go through al the trouble of showing him pictures of HR and her EX.. I hope the EX will come out safe because now not only Hr in danger but he and his child is also in danger from both sides..

2 hours ago, purplebass said:

Or maybe it was really In Joon who brought Hyun Joo to the hospital, but not for the reason Hae Ra thinks. Maybe he just found her and took her to the hospital with his car to save time, since an ambulance would have taken a lot of time to arrive. And then he paid the receipt of the hospital because he didn't know who to contact?

Uh and I forgot. I like your take on the daughter in law. She is enduring too much and I hope she is on our side. lol. She could have been planted there by the uncle to sink the family even more, since she didn't bring any fortune in the household.

@purplebass  I like you think he just found her snd took her to the hospital.. But somehow I think she could have been involved with the brother and mom decided to do something about it being that she wanted son to marry the current wife who parents was Rich at said time.. Somehow her accident is going to link back to one of these families.. 

Now the DIL isn't staying there taking that abuse for no reason she has a master plan to do the mother and son duo in and she'll walk away with a fortune from them..

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Now the DIL isn't staying there taking that abuse for no reason she has a master plan to do the mother and son duo in and she'll walk away with a fortune from them..

I said that the first time she gave one of those looks. She is pretty much in the background but she has something up her sleeve for the right moment.

like you I also believe HR’s sister’s misfortune was not because of IJ. Probaly, the older brother or someone else in that family. Maybe the uncle or even the father?

I just started watching this show and oh my gosh! I have been sucked in! So deliciously melodramatic. I actually love the music even though the instrumentals can be a bit overwhelming at times and I LOVE the ending song. Cinematography is awesome and the slow mos so far are working for me lol. Best of all, the chemistry!!! I also watched Cunning Single Lady but wow, I do not remember the chemistry between Jung Sang Wook and Lee Min Jung being this hot even with no kisses yet (or until the end of ep 16 anyway lol).

As for the story, here's my two cents: Tae Jung Ho is the one who had a thing with Hyun Jo and his mother helped to clean it up using Tae In Joon's name and card. I remember in one of the recent episodes, she said something about how Jung Ho should not cause any troubles with women like he did before or he would be finished. He is a complete user and an abusive richard simmons. Ko A Jung needs to teach him and his mom a lesson they won't forget and take them for all they've got while she's at it. Ugh. 

At first, I was all behind Jin Tae Oh then he got physically abusive and almost killed Hyun Jo, like WTF!!! Dude, sorry but you are crazy. Not cool. Therefore, I am glad that Gu Hae Ra is not being a candy and is totally threatening him right back even though I am almost positive she would not actually harm a child. 

Spoiler

For ep 16, when she said to stay the night, I honestly thought she was playing him; someone mentioned earlier on the forum  that she is taking advantage of the situation and I have to agree. I think she was genuinely scared and up until she saw his name on her phone, she had no thoughts of bringing him into that situation. When he showed up and she asked him to stay with her, her face looked more calculating than scared to me. This kind of ruined the kiss for me, because it felt like only half of the couple was truly in the moment.

There is no truly innocent person in this show because they are all using each other. I find it refreshingly different from other revenge shows though because here, everyone is aware that they are all playing games. It was surprising to me how everything that could be a secret is already out in the open. Makes me wonder what will come next since we still have 24 episodes to go. 

like @purplebass, don't think hera expected the uncle to send thugs after her. she simply was playing by her seduction strategy which is rather low key. she didn't want to be the bad guy by breaking the news and seeming like she has something to gain. instead, she wanted the uncle to pass on the news and have the engagement break and then she can move in on injoon. however, he upended her move by attacking her and trying to squash it as rumour as the company is more important to him than injoon's future.

@chistarr ~ it is interesting because there are moments when hera's move seem calculated but there are moments when it is obvious that the connection between injoon and hera is genuine. while she was seizing the opportunity to make a move on him during the kiss, don't think her calling him was as calculated. she called him because she was genuinely moved by his words when he asked her to call him if she was in trouble of any sort. given how she has been managing her problems on her own for so long, him reaching out to her like that really makes her heart skip a beat. when you have been on your own for long, even reaching out to someone can be a bit paralyzing and so rather than calculating, felt like she was hovering while pressing his name on the phone almost doubtful whether he was someone she can trust and rely on..

hera and injoon's relationship is really interesting because it doesn't follow a typical pattern of seduction. so hera is not typically chasing him like a second lead. she is not doing anything super active to catch his attention besides staying late at work. but if he doesn't pop up when he does, then her staying late has no effect. she is not calling him, she is not actively seeking him out when he is alone. instead, he is the one who is seeking her out. he is the one who gave his number, asked her to call him. he is the one who is openly staring at her and seeking her company. so there is a very interesting standoffish quality to hera that injoon is actively pursuing her. so the seduction is more of her staying still and drawing him like a magnet.

had to laugh when she told tae oh that she was the one who is seducing him and not him, so he shouldn't give tips. ^_^ .. this seduction is interesting because it lies somewhere in the middle between genuine interest and calculation. for example, her choice of gifting him shoes. she knows how much it means to him and so she gifts him something that she knows would move him. however, like she said, making something is a labour of love and creativity and needs to reflect that and only then it will be successful. so her shoes had to have something of her heart. in the same way, his choice of giving her shoes is something that moved her more than any other possible gifts because she is a shoe designer.

find it interesting that neither hide their attraction or connection to each other and so we have this sizzling staring. hera's calculation is in that she is encouraging the staring by staring back and not running away from the attraction and the connection.

I like your take on Hae Ra and In Joon's relationship @Lmangla. Hae Ra is not really doing anything extreme to get In Joon's attention. If she hadn't made a deal with Tae Oh and wouldn't be in such a situation, she's doing the things any woman may do when she likes a man and wants him to notice her, quietly. It's true she studied his habits and understood what's dear to him, but it's not like she's breaking the law. The only thing she could break at this point with her actions, it's In Joon's heart. She's aiming right at it like Tae Oh wants but I don't think all she's told In Joon is fake. She just says what she knows and she's experienced in order to reach his heart, because in the end they grew up in a similar world (shoemaking) but different social background. She's being a bit secretive and she's playing hard to get in order to lure him closer to her.

Considering the promo for 17-18 and the last stills, it's possible he's making other moves on her because by kissing him it's like Hae Ra gave him "permission" to get closer. As for whether or not she's interested like IJ, I think HR likes him but she's trying to detach herself from him, since she may think he'll end things when he'll confirm that she's just playing him. Like you said, she's been alone for most of her life so she doesn't expect anything anymore for people, especially being loved by someone.

Like @chistarr also said, the secrets are out in the open. IJ bought that HR and TO are together and that's why they're seen together, but I don't think this will last long since characters like the uncle and Soo Hyun already know that's a scheme.

What will In Joon do when he confirms Hae Ra has been doing all of this to break he and Soo Hyun? I think that somehow, he won't care. First, because he's the first person who doesn't want to get married with Soo Hyun. Second, because I guess he is aware of Hae Ra's feelings. No matter what she does, a part of her likes him. So even if it will come to the point that Hae Ra's ethics will win and she will push him away in order to preserve her morality (the fact that she seduced him on purpose to gain a better status and that at the moment he's the presumed man who made Hyun Joo like that), I think that In Joon will still pursue her because he'll know her interest has become sincere. And if Hae Ra discovers it wasn't him who hurt her sis, then I think she could decide to give into love... although she's meet him like this. And it could happen that In Joon will help her uncover who is the real culprit.

Archived