[Drama 2018-2019] Fates and Furies 운명과 분노

the girl who!

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG how intense were these episodes today :rolleyes:

Its wasn’t easy to watch TJ nearly losing the plot when he hear about CSH engagement ,it was something :sweatingbullets: 

D036B1BD-086B-4DF5-A5F0-DCF5CB6CBB5A.jpg

After breaking everything and drinking heavily  poor thing ,he keep promising that he will teach them a lesson and start showing some obsession with CSH but for the right reason I thinks , we finally find out these ex lover were engaged 10 years ago and he wanted her now to donate her kidney for the child she didn’t want . :unsure:

8F3AF84D-3CFB-4B6D-90CA-A7390A7D6BF8.jpg

Also it was quite painful watching TJ mess handling GHR asking her to sleep with TIN , takes pictures and do everything she can to stop the marriage , it’s was horrendous how he dropped a bomb on her ,that show there was a connection between her sick sister ( who in vegetative state ) and TIN , highlighting the reason why he choose her to do his dirty work , which I am curious about now .:phew:

The drama get more interesting ,GHR not only pushed into a corner by TJ now she had her own revenge toward TIN I thinks . But one thing I am sure these four need to be careful there’s a thin line between love and hate .

@sava2sava I thoughts that as well , it’s seem in today episode she know her child name and was surprised that she is sick .when he told her the child don’t need a mom but need her kidney . That was slap in the face 

2 hours ago, tmadzik said:

I'm would like to know what she says to him at the end ? Any one can translate this?

She congratulate him and says she has something to say and ask if he can't get married.. Thats what it appears to be to me.. 

54 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I thoughts that as well , it’s seem in today episode she know her child name and was surprised that she is sick .when he told her the child don’t need a mom but need her kidney . That was slap in the face 

Thanks for the update..

None of todays episode are subbed yet and it's 4pm on the west coast.. What's going on are they on Christmas break also..

Love the twist and turns and the betrayal so far. 

Me too, I just love the idea that writer could’ve take more interesting and perhaps a more believable route with this stealing a TIN’s heart from his fiancée and achieving TJ’s revenge against CSH . Nothing destroys a woman image and pride than seeing her supposed man in other woman bed and all around tabloids.

503351B5-6291-48B5-A239-EFCE46003FA1.gif

I can clearly sees all TJ’s flaws and desperation coming out , watching him becoming immensely violent towards GHR and turning to a pimp :scream:. It’s scary to see, I think GHR need to watch her back all times .In TJ’s head everything he does is for the best , he doesn’t thinks he is hurting people , when in fact he does .Poor GHR , DID SHE JUST SELL HER SOUL TO  THE DEVIL ?

The new soon to be a bride , should be prepared it’s seem the upcoming weeks could be a slow mental deterioration for her and that doesn’t seem to bode well for a happy ever after she had in mind , Isn’t it ? :naughty:

why is this drama starting to feel a little cheesy... I mean, does Go He Ra really have to smirk like that in the engagement party? and what is it with playing dating couple game she plays with Cha’s ex fiancee? hhmm I somewhat didn’t expect that the story flows into this... so not necessary actually for her to even fakely dating the man... anyway let’s see how it will be.. I’m curious still...

December 23, 2018

December Brand Reputation Rankings For Drama Actors Revealed

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

Spoiler

December Brand Reputation Rankings For Drama Actors Revealed

The Korean Business Research Institute has announced this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between November 20 and December 21.

Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo, the stars of tvN’s “Encounter,” topped this month’s list at No. 1 and No. 2 respectively. Park Bo Gum took first place with a brand reputation index of 14,837,092, while Song Hye Kyo followed close behind with a score of 13,334,953.

Meanwhile, actor Hyun Bin came in at No. 3 for the month with a total brand reputation index of 8,110,227.

Check out this month’s top 30 below!

1. Park Bo Gum
2. Song Hye Kyo
3. Hyun Bin
4. Lee Seol
5. Han Go Eun
6. Uee
7. Kim Yoo Jung
8. Lee Min Jung
9. Jo Bo Ah
10. Park Shin Hye
11. Yoon Kyun Sang
12. Lee Jong Suk
13. Yoo Seung Ho
14. Jang Nara
15. Lee Elijah
16. Shin Ha Kyun
17. Lee Joo Young
18. Park Se Wan
19. Shin Hye Sun
20. Choi Jin Hyuk
21. Shin Sung Rok
22. Lee Yoo Jin
23. Kim Young Ok
24. So Yi Hyun
25. Jung Yu Mi
26. So Yoo Jin
27. Jang Seung Jo
28. Kim Gun Woo
29. Kim Sun Ah
30. Park Hoon

Source (1)

hmmm... and the revenge arc gets stronger... so now that I get what is going on with tae oh, there is a real hint  of despair with this revenge and so we will have to see how far it takes him. this isn't simply about an old lover but rather a father's wrath as well as desperation. once he understood that cha soo hyun would not care even if jenny was dying, he knows that she is not going to agree to donate a kidney willingly. a huge reason is her marriage to in joon as she won't be willing to jeopardize the marriage with the past coming out. so if he has to get her to even consider donating, the marriage and engagement has to break... in terms of strategy, he seemed to have picked the right person for the job in hera as there's an elemental attraction between in joon and hera. but what is the story with her sister? does in joon have something to do with why her sister is in the hospital?

and in joon is also on some revenge arc with his own family but is not happy to achieve this power. it is telling that even when he isn't sure that he can trust hera, he goes to her and puts the shoe on in front of soo hyun! what a cut that was to soo hyun!!! and his absolute lack of disinterest in how soo hyun looked in her gown only shows how desperately unhappy he is with this match. @Ameera Ali ~ rather than hera selling her soul to the devil, felt it was in joon doing that by getting money from soo hyun's family to try overtake the company. and he looks incredibly unhappy that even his friend at the engagement party notices but no one wants to stop this train wreck because too much business is at stake...

however, now that in joon has started this revenge arc, his own family is going to figure out whether this engagement may be harmful to them and try put a brake on it.... so there's a long list of people who aren't very keen on this wedding.... and soo hyun is a strange one -- if she doesn't care at all about tae oh, then why does she remember that he is not the type to call "chagiya" (honey)? it seems like such a personal detail to remember after all these years. and her mom's advice that marriage is all about business and using each other -- so it is very clear that tae oh was not useful and thrown away. but what else happened? curious to see how this all unravels...

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

hmmm... and the revenge arc gets stronger... so now that I get what is going on with tae oh, there is a real hint  of despair with this revenge and so we will have to see how far it takes him. this isn't simply about an old lover but rather a father's wrath as well as desperation. once he understood that cha soo hyun would not care even if jenny was dying, he knows that she is not going to agree to donate a kidney willingly. a huge reason is her marriage to in joon as she won't be willing to jeopardize the marriage with the past coming out. so if he has to get her to even consider donating, the marriage and engagement has to break... in terms of strategy, he seemed to have picked the right person for the job in hera as there's an elemental attraction between in joon and hera. but what is the story with her sister? does in joon have something to do with why her sister is in the hospital?

if she doesn't care at all about tae oh, then why does she remember that he is not the type to call "chagiya" (honey)? it seems like such a personal detail to remember after all these years. and her mom's advice that marriage is all about business and using each other -- so it is very clear that tae oh was not useful and thrown away. but what else happened? curious to see how this all unravels...

Hello @Lmangla  I'm leaning towards not only do Tae Ho wants revenge agaist her but mainly towrds her Mom.. For some reason I kinda of pick up on Dad knows nothing about him or played it off rather well but my guess is he don't nor do he knows she gave borth to a child.. From the preview it's mom thats been doing all the dirty work cover her up Cha Soo stained life.. I knew Mom was ruching this wedding fast just because of these reasons.. Mom needs her married and having Tae In Joon wrap around her finger fast or give birth to his child quick fast and in a hurry..  It's no way her Mom would risk that chance in Cha Soo donating her kidney to save her daughter to have they masks pulled off there faces.. I don't see it happening Mom would send someone to the hospital to kill that child before that happens..   So now we'll see the high and mighty Cha Soo walking on the edge just as Hea Rae told her don't let her catch her.. (Meaning Catch her wekness)

Which brings me to her so it seems it could have been Cha Soo that paid her sister hospital bill this is her way of taken precautionary measures in telling HR to know her place.. No matter what now that HR knows she went as far back as to dig into her past with those thugs she's going to use those same gangsters.. HR told gangster # 1 that there's more money to be made then what was offered.. I think it may come down to her finding out CS secret and blackmail her.. Now when it comes to HR sister accident years ago it might be CS mother or father thats the driver or it could be TIJ brother or father one of these four is the perpetrator.. 

All and all it will be CS mother running around like a chicken with it's head cutoff that gets CS secret exposed.. Thi would be the only saving grace for TIJ.. Because this family has package their daughter up all nice and neatly with a pretty bow attach to her and it will be a violation to there agreement.. They never told him she was engaged before and has had a child.. So a mutal breakup it will come down to maybe even a payoff to keep him quite about the real reason they are really breaking up of course with the exception of him taking all the blame..    

and his absolute lack of disinterest in how soo hyun looked in her gown only shows how desperately unhappy he is with this match. @Ameera Ali ~ rather than hera selling her soul to the devil, felt it was in joon doing that by getting money from soo hyun's family to try overtake the company. and he looks incredibly unhappy that even his friend at the engagement party notices but no one wants to stop this train wreck because too much business is at stake...

She could be a devil , but she a devil he was happy to share bed with -_-. Yes ,he desperately unhappy and felling uneasy because he knew he got a big problem, he a change man now , all he want to do is hold GHR and say baby , her I am , signed , sealed, delivered, I’m yours.:o

28C9E22C-68ED-4985-8B92-48CDAA92058F.gif

The heart he thought wasn’t feeling start to beat but to the wrong woman . All these feeling is a new feeling to him , in his heart he still the small boy that rush things ,that why a little feeling of a betrayal and he rush to commitment to marriage he didn’t want . 

I personally believe, he could have been happy with CSH if he didn’t meet GHR , in the first episodes he was bringing her flowers and understanding her needs . He may not know the real CSH but neither she .The way TJ ask her to donate kidney let me rethink that she may not all ba a devilish as I thought . She may find herself with a small baby and no support, no sympathetic family and ambitions boyfriend that was busy to notice she was probably struggling, scared and confused . She may thoughts she would be laughed at and lose everything she work for .Regardless of what happened in the past , she may has been in misery for very long time and this was right time for her to move on . B)

For me :

7F9F0A5F-5049-48B2-B51E-F97E22305FA0.jpg

I just love how these four are betting on their life :D but are there a safe bet ,when the emotions are involving and everything on the line . 

Which brings me to her so it seems it could have been Cha Soo that paid her sister hospital bill this is her way of taken precautionary measures in telling HR to know her place..

@sava2sava wasn’t the bill an a old one from the first time the sister admitted to the hospital when GHR came back from Italy and learn her sister commit suicide .I thinks TIJ involved but maybe he just helped the sister we didn’t know anything about her maybe she was talented shoes maker as well and she worked with TIJ or maybe the big brother used TIJ’s name and wanted to put blame in TIJ if the thing gets complicated with the sister incident . If I could remember right the TIJ ‘s step mother was telling her son not to get in a trouble again with the women he cheat with indicate that he got history Getting in trouble. 

I think all CSH know about GHR’s sister that she was a mistress to a rich man that help GHR to study in Italy and make me thinks in these time line shouldn’t TIJ be in a America as well and struggling to build his business never mind supporting a mistress and her family . If I play a detective I thinks all evidence point to the big brother and my long shot is the father ( :D ) . 

7 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Hello @Lmangla  I'm leaning towards not only do Tae Ho wants revenge agaist her but mainly towrds her Mom.. For some reason I kinda of pick up on Dad knows nothing about him or played it off rather well but my guess is he don't nor do he knows she gave borth to a child.. From the preview it's mom thats been doing all the dirty work cover her up Cha Soo stained life.. I knew Mom was ruching this wedding fast just because of these reasons.. Mom needs her married and having Tae In Joon wrap around her finger fast or give birth to his child quick fast and in a hurry..  It's no way her Mom would risk that chance in Cha Soo donating her kidney to save her daughter to have they masks pulled off there faces.. I don't see it happening Mom would send someone to the hospital to kill that child before that happens..   So now we'll see the high and mighty Cha Soo walking on the edge just as Hea Rae told her don't let her catch her.. (Meaning Catch her wekness)

makes sense @sava2sava as the mom seems determined to make soo hyun into a cold mechanical robot. and the whole process of donating a kidney can't be something that happens within a week and so it is not like soo hyun can do this in secret.

so have these distant relatives who went through a similar situation a few years back. they (parents + child + both sets of grandparents) moved from their town to the city where the hospital was and it was about 1 year commitment. even though they had decided the mom would donate (dad had a different blood group and wasn't eligible), it couldn't be done immediately. the girl was 9 or 10 and quite sick and so both patient and donor had to be prepped with medication, diet and psych stuff which took over a month. once the doctors felt both donor and patient were ready, the operation happened and then the recovery was quite long. even the donor is in hospital for about 2 weeks or more and then has to go back for regular checkups as the body adjusts to surviving on one kidney. meanwhile, it took a few more weeks before they would discharge the patient but again, there were constant checkups for the next few months before the doctors said it was fine for the family to move back to their town. so it was close to a year....

this is a drama and maybe the process isn't as long as it was few years back but realistically, we are still looking at a few months of commitment (prep+donation+recovery) from soo hyun and there is no way that her mom would allow her... so definitely tae oh has to go after her as well...

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I personally believe, he could have been happy with CSH if he didn’t meet GHR , in the first episodes he was bringing her flowers and understanding her needs . He may not know the real CSH but neither she .The way TJ ask her to donate kidney let me rethink that she may not all ba a devilish as I thought . She may find herself with a small baby and no support, no sympathetic family and ambitions boyfriend that was busy to notice she was probably struggling, scared and confused . She may thoughts she would be laughed at and lose everything she work for .Regardless of what happened in the past , she may has been in misery for very long time and this was right time for her to move on .

@Ameera AliThat is the way I like my characters and their stories, complex and sometimes twisted not easy to read. 

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

wasn’t the bill an a old one from the first time the sister admitted to the hospital when GHR came back from Italy and learn her sister commit suicide .I thinks TIJ involved but maybe he just helped the sister we didn’t know anything about her maybe she was talented shoes maker as well and she worked with TIJ or maybe the big brother used TIJ’s name and wanted to put blame in TIJ if the thing gets complicated with the sister incident . If I could remember right the TIJ ‘s step mother was telling her son not to get in a trouble again with the women he cheat with indicate that he got history Getting in trouble. 

I think all CSH know about GHR’s sister that she was a mistress to a rich man that help GHR to study in Italy and make me thinks in these time line shouldn’t TIJ be in a America as well and struggling to build his business never mind supporting a mistress and her family . If I play a detective I thinks all evidence point to the big brother and my long shot is the father

@Ameera Aliand so is this one... I do agree that TIJ may have been used ... can't wait to dig into their histories ... more twists... thanks for the posts... love reading them 

@Lmangla said: this is a drama and maybe the process isn't as long as it was few years back but realistically, we are still looking at a few months of commitment (prep+donation+recovery) from soo hyun and there is no way that her mom would allow her... so definitely tae oh has to go after her as well...

@Lmanglaactually kidney donors can match without being related. I have 2 friends who got kidney transplants from non relations, one from a matching pool and one from a co worker. So there does not have to be secrecy for CSH donating a kidney, it might even be good for her public image building .... "Broadcaster donating her kidney to a sick child" imagine the positive public response... but the problem as you said is the time commitment as they want her to get married soon and JTO who may just blab about their relationship... unless CSH puts a proviso that she will donate if JTO keeps his mouth shut... but crazy/obsessed man may not cooperate.... and CSH selfish, domineering mom will not allow it even if CSH will want to donate after wedding but naahhh, not mom... but, it might not go the way anyone of them expect 

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

@Lmanglaactually kidney donors can match without being related. I have 2 friends who got kidney transplants from non relations, one from a matching pool and one from a co worker. So there does not have to be secrecy for CSH donating a kidney, it might even be good for her public image building .... "Broadcaster donating her kidney to a sick child" imagine the positive public response... but the problem as you said is the time commitment as they want her to get married soon and JTO who may just blab about their relationship... unless CSH puts a proviso that she will donate if JTO keeps his mouth shut... but crazy/obsessed man may not cooperate.... and CSH selfish, domineering mom will not allow it even if CSH will want to donate after wedding but naahhh, not mom... but, it might not go the way anyone of them expect 

there might be a legal restriction on non-family donation @zenya22 . this was explored in the drama "marriage contract" with UEE and lee seo jin who do a fake marriage where UEE will donate to seo jin's mom for money. the law is basically to stem organ trafficking and selling of organs for money and so the leads had to go through this check to ensure it was a real marriage and she wasn't coerced into donating. not sure what they do when there is no match within family. from what I remember from that drama, there is some national waiting list? but it takes long time because there are lots of folks? or something like that was mentioned in that drama -- thats what I vaguely remember...

if we assume jenny was born in HK and tae oh also works there, maybe there are non-resident koreans or overseas citizens? so maybe getting on the waiting list becomes even harder for them? or maybe jenny isn't eligible as she was born overseas? maybe thats why tae oh has no option but to go to soo hyun? we might get more details as the drama marches on...

there might be a legal restriction on non-family donation @zenya22 . this was explored in the drama "marriage contract" with UEE and lee seo jin who do a fake marriage where UEE will donate to seo jin's mom for money. the law is basically to stem organ trafficking and selling of organs for money and so the leads had to go through this check to ensure it was a real marriage and she wasn't coerced into donating. not sure what they do when there is no match within family. from what I remember from that drama, there is some national waiting list? but it takes long time because there are lots of folks? or something like that was mentioned in that drama -- thats what I vaguely remember...

if we assume jenny was born in HK and tae oh also works there, maybe there are non-resident koreans or overseas citizens? so maybe getting on the waiting list becomes even harder for them? or maybe jenny isn't eligible as she was born overseas? maybe thats why tae oh has no option but to go to soo hyun? we might get more details as the drama marches on...

@LmanglaHmmmm, I did not know that about organ donation in SK. My friend's coworker decided herself to donate a kidney and no problem and they had different ethnic backgrounds. During the donor's evaluation, the team of evaluators assigned to the coworker who was the donor were restricted to no interaction with my friend the recipient of the kidney to ensure that there were no conflict of interests, and the evaluations were done in the coworker's best interest without bias or coercion. The coworker was told that at anytime if the she changes her mind, the team then can help  to decline to avoid pressure from the recipient, my friend. But my friend's coworker went on with the donation. 

We don't know how long Jenny waited for a kidney. And since CSH has money, she would not then be accused of selling her organs for money would she? But in her case there is the danger of interference from a vengeful ex. Since there will be a separate team evaluating CSH if she decides to donate, maybe she will be ensured privacy, no publicity, no conflict of interests as in no interference and coercion from JTO. However this is a drama so, yes, we can be sure conflicts of interests from many sources will pop up. But hopefully, the kidney team for Jenny will come through and she gets her most needed kidney. Everyone else can do their drama stink but give Jenny her kidney....

19 hours ago, Lmangla said:

makes sense @sava2sava as the mom seems determined to make soo hyun into a cold mechanical robot. and the whole process of donating a kidney can't be something that happens within a week and so it is not like soo hyun can do this in secret.

so have these distant relatives who went through a similar situation a few years back. they (parents + child + both sets of grandparents) moved from their town to the city where the hospital was and it was about 1 year commitment. even though they had decided the mom would donate (dad had a different blood group and wasn't eligible), it couldn't be done immediately. the girl was 9 or 10 and quite sick and so both patient and donor had to be prepped with medication, diet and psych stuff which took over a month. once the doctors felt both donor and patient were ready, the operation happened and then the recovery was quite long. even the donor is in hospital for about 2 weeks or more and then has to go back for regular checkups as the body adjusts to surviving on one kidney. meanwhile, it took a few more weeks before they would discharge the patient but again, there were constant checkups for the next few months before the doctors said it was fine for the family to move back to their town. so it was close to a year....

this is a drama and maybe the process isn't as long as it was few years back but realistically, we are still looking at a few months of commitment (prep+donation+recovery) from soo hyun and there is no way that her mom would allow her... so definitely tae oh has to go after her as well...

@Lmangla  If you ever watch the drama Be Strong Guem Soon the same process as you describe is what took place.. Maybe he knows how dangerous her family is but when ones a parent trying to save the childs life yes I can see why he's going against all odds.. I don't see how CS coming out of this without getting her mask rip off her face.. If her and TIJ makes it down the isle they going to use the money he got from them to hold him into marriage with her.. On the other hand the childs father got the upperhand here.. I bet he would threaten to go on national televisison and tell the world how ugly thus family is which could be one saving grace for TIJ..  I know CS can't be so cold hearted as to let her own child die just sop she could live with some title but you never know what people are thinking.. 

Speaking of kidney donation I may need to donate one to my sister who refuse to drink water only to live off pepsi..  I have told her over and over again.I have also told her in these words (I would love to keep my body intact please drink some water I beg of you..)

Merry

December 23, 2018

"Fates and Furies" Lee Min-jung Seduced Joo Sang-wook

Source: MBN Star via HanCinema.net

photo1024836.jpg

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Fates and Furies", Jin Tae-oh (Lee Ki-woo) threatened Goo Hae-ra (Lee Min-jung) with the fact that he knew she approached Tae In-joon (Joo Sang-wook) on purpose, and Goo Hae-ra glared at Cha Soo-hyeon (So Yi-hyun) who tried to hit her.

Tae In-joon announced his engagement with Cha Soo-hyeon at a launching event. Jin Tae-oh was outraged and headed for the hospital where Goo Hae-ra's sister Goo Hyeon-joo was admitted in and removed her respirator. Then he strangled Goo Hae-ra and threatened her to seduce Tae In-joon and break off his marriage. Even while she was being strangled, Goo Hae-ra floundered with fear and fury in her eyes.

Goo Hae-ra transformed into a new look and appeared at the office with Jin Tae-oh, bringing about a twist in the drama.

Goo Hae-ra appeared at the engagement party with a present that was a replica of her mother's last pair of shoes, weakening Tae In-joon.

In the end, she said, "Don't get married!" and officially started seducing Tae In-joon.

Spoiler

AsiaToday

20181223001304406_1545538177_1.jpg?1545538177

Archived