Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Love Until the End, 끝까지 사랑

Just now, Takingthehighroad said:

I'm beginning to like JH more now that he is suffering, just as GY suffered. I really am disappointed in the morbid overtone of this drama, though. I mean, gosh, every day there's some awful, gut-wrenching turn of events. Where's the comic relief that dramas usually have, you know the clueless characters that are suppose to be funny? I don't think I've cracked a laugh. :anguished: Given, the kids are precious but then something happens that tears at your heart. 

Pertaining to JH, Blaise Pascal said: The heart has its reason which the reason knows nothing of.  Meaning I will never understand the choices he made, but then this is drama-land - I'm not suppose to understand it. 

I agree = there is not a moment, when I used to watch this drama, that my heart fluttered or a small giggle would leave my mouth.  The only time I find myself smiling is when YS is on the screen being so cute and mature.  The scenes were really outrageous, each crime unforgiving and endless.  This drama has turned from a family drama to a horror drama.  I also disagree on some scenes where they involve the kids - no kids should have to go through with what happened in the past few episodes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Revenge or no revenge, why would you take your son to live in the same house as the devil in hell that tried to kill him and kidnapped him.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cp23 said:

Revenge or no revenge, why would you take your son to live in the same house as the devil in hell that tried to kill him and kidnapped him.

:lol: I wondered the same but I think viewers have to check their brains out before watching the episodes. It was also clearly pointed out because her mother even inquired why must she take YS. The devil already didn’t scruple to leave the child with a woman she proudly told GY at the police station is psychologically unstable. Yet, here again the child in placed in the close proximity of the devil. 

• Like 5

About taking CuteKiddo into the swamp...

Remember, the Cute Kiddo said that he would like to return to that house, to see his cousin and play with her, he missed her.  It was the excuse Writer needed to justify SweetGirl taking CuteKiddo with her into the swamp with the snakes.  Especially since HotHeir never does NOTHING but look sad.  

Writers do whatever they need to do to move the plot along.  This is a great example.  

Really?  Koreans would tolerate WitchyFake & SweetGirl being in-laws AGAIN?  

WHY WHY WHY is SweetGirl Calling that FAKE "agashhi?"  WitchyFake isn't a family member.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@fragglerock  I agree with you about chasing GY.. But any attention JH shows to Emily she takes it in the wrong context. JH knows what Emily feels for him and he's well aware he's needs to break away from her slowly so she can move on..  I think he knows he and she should be mutual when those divorce papers are filed and she's present once they are submitted not just spring it on her.. At this point I don;t know how they relationship will play out could be differently then what everyone expects.. But I would like to see unstable Mable (Emily) accept what she can't grab hild of and move on.. She needs some kind of closer in her life from the past in order to move on for a brighter future.. But signing up with SN isn't going to give her what she wants and will keep her life just as miserable and unhappy as it has ever been.. She may even suggest that her and JH go back to the states were she felt things was ok between the two..

About JH and Emily, I have seen this exact plot several times in US soap opera and funnily it’s usually the woman who tries to hold on to the man by attempting to commit suicide. We indeed do not know how this will play out but JH is undoubtedly in a pickle now. His intention and the nutcase’s intention clearly began to diverge some time during the contract marriage. Not even the revenge they planned together came to fruition because of this nutcase and her insistence on defying JH’s orders not to do certain things like testifying at the child custody trial for DY. 

I see some plot possibilities for their contract marriage right now but I’m sure the crazy writer might have more possibilities.

1. Nutcase dies eventually.
  2. JH decides to sacrifice his freedom by sticking with nutcase since he’s the kind of person who will probably want to take responsibility for creating the situation. He already said he owes her his life which to me is stupid because he also saved her life. I’d say they’re even.
  3. Nutcase later comes to the realization that even if she holds on to him his tolerance of her could eventually grow into resentment. Is it better to live with him because she loves him while he continues to reject her as a woman?
  4. JH surrenders and decide to try to like her since he has to live with her. YUCK to the nth degree. Avib2Z.gif

I wonder what route the crazy writer will take.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

I decide to read again this forum after an absence of a few weeks. I cannot help noticing that many are still annoyed with Emily. I wonder if anyone realised that she has been under a psychiatric treatment,  for trauma I suspect. I don't detect any sympathy for her sad situation in most discussions in this forum. Has it ever occurred to anyone here that someone who went through near death, with so much pain after series of operations, with suicidal intent at times from pain and miseries, should be pitied and treated with more compassion. It is so disheartening to read so much unkind words and bashing towards Emily. 

In today's episode, JH even pointed out to KY that Emily tried to take her life several times when in US. He had to force her to try to live and her fight to keep alive kept JH to feel the need to live as well. The relationship they had was special that they helped one another to overcome their tragedies ... both the victims of Kang Se Na. Even JH showed some remorse for not being more attentive to her when she was showing an unstable behaviour after being tormented by SeNa and Gayoung. I notice there is not any feeling of pity shown towards her by these heartless Koreans and viewers alike. Seriously, till you befriend someone in Emily's psychiatric situation, in real life, then you will not say all those unkind words about someone like her... suicidal n all. Remember even famous actors like Robin Williams took his own life, he suffered from depression. Of late we heard of many who committed suicide due to depression, likewise in the case of Emily in this story. She's destroyed her liver from all those pills and from her overdose to overcome the pain of rejection from JH, unkind words fron GY, JH mother and sister, and from that horrid SeNa, drove her to the brink. Let's have compassion instead.

It was the presence of YS that made JH waver in his revenge motives. He mentioned that in the episodes just as he discovered he had a son. YS existence certainly complicate the whole scenario of revenge. He suddenly realised that he has responsibility to be careful in his revenge, less his son finds out later that his father did some bad decisions in the name of revenge. 

And of course, after finding out that KY waited six years for him to come back, that was enough to bring back those 'funny, familiar, forgotten feelings' back to his inner self.  He is human afterall, they divorced not because of their dire circumstances, it was SeNa's presence that drove them apart.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@shebagirl, I think everyone has a right to feel what they feel about a character. I’m sure there are people out there who feel sympathy for SN just like DY felt sympathy for SN after he heard her backstory. I certainly will not apologize for my honest feelings about Emily. In fact I think if a person plays with fire they can surely get burned. Emily tried to extort money from someone whom she knew was dangerous. It’s no surprise that when she poked the lion she got bitten. Her means of getting money for her father’s medical care is just as dishonorable as SN’s methods.

As far as JH, I have no doubt that after taking care of Emily all those years he understands the most what she went through and therefore sympathizes with her. However, he has said clearly several times that the marriage contract was for their common goal of revenge. K, who helps JH, has also said this to Emily. Emily also knows this and confirms this. What is the confusion then? 

As to YS, it is true that JH was caught off guard by his existence but it was also plain obvious that JH still has GY in her heart. When he returned to Korea, after visiting his father at the memorial place, he went to GY’s place, sat in his car and reminisced on their breakup and then drove off. Mind you, this was before he even visited his mother and sister and before he knew of YS’ existence. After he visited his mother and sister, he went to the park where him and GY used to play and sat there looking all sad. Does that seem like a man who has moved on from his love? YS’ existence really only served to increase his yearning because now there was definitely something permanent that bound him and GY. And how ironic because before their divorce GY told him that she’ll believe in a miracle that will bring them back together. Also, when Emily revealed to GY that she was JH’s wife, he was clearly irritated to the point where Emily called him out on this. This was before he even found out that GY waited for him 6 years. So no matter what reason/excuse people want to dream up, the fact is, GY is still firmly entrenched in JH’s heart even without any thought of YS and the knowledge that she waited for him.

JH admitted to his mother that nothing is going the way he planned. He’s silly because he’s a human being and even if YS didn’t exist, the human heart is not something that many of us can control. He’s not a robot. He’s silly because he might have thought that he could come back full of revenge and not feel anything once meeting GY again. I’ll say again that even the famous work of Dumas that explored revenge showed just how complicated the human heart is even when it think revenge is the answer. It is not that simple unless a person completely give up their humanity.

So back to Emily. I don’t like cowards and I don’t like people who have no gratitude. Emily is so caught up in feeling sorry for herself that she can’t even find gratitude in living another day of life. That’s my stance on her and I don’t feel one iota of shame for saying what I feel about her character. I don’t misapply my compassion either. Emily’s story is not written in a way that touched my heart especially because it started with her reaping what she sowed. Who tell her to blackmail SN in the first place? So despicable in my opinion.

Spoiler

And by the way, I had a friend who lived in Montreal who from the moment she was born lived in terrible pain 24 hours a day all her life. Her parents even got divorced over the difficulty of her situation and her father is the one who took care of her. You know what? She was the sweetest, kindest soul I knew. I marveled at her will to survive living in all that pain every minute of the day for over 20 years. She never got to live a normal life and sometimes we couldn’t get in touch with her because she was in a coma for days at a time until she got better and the cycle repeat itself. Such a lovely girl who valued each minute of the life she was given because she wasn’t even supposed to live that long. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hmm I've read more than one post criicising GY & HK for their fake engagement. & expressing support for JH's suffering because of it. Just watched the episode where the fake engagement was announced. It's very obvious that it was JH's idea & the "engaged" couple went along with it!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@shebagirl, I think everyone has a right to feel what they feel about a character. I’m sure there are people out there who feel sympathy for SN just like DY felt sympathy for SN after he heard her backstory. I certainly will not apologize for my honest feelings about Emily. In fact I think if a person plays with fire they can surely get burned. Emily tried to extort money from someone whom she knew was dangerous. It’s no surprise that when she poked the lion she got bitten. Her means of getting money for her father’s medical care is just as dishonorable as SN’s methods.

As far as JH, I have no doubt that after taking care of Emily all those years he understands the most what she went through and therefore sympathizes with her. However, he has said clearly several times that the marriage contract was for their common goal of revenge. K, who helps JH, has also said this to Emily. Emily also knows this and confirms this. What is the confusion then? 

As to YS, it is true that JH was caught off guard by his existence but it was also plain obvious that JH still has GY in her heart. When he returned to Korea, after visiting his father at the memorial place, he went to GY’s place, sat in his car and reminisced on their breakup and then drove off. Mind you, this was before he even visited his mother and sister and before he knew of YS’ existence. After he visited his mother and sister, he went to the park where him and GY used to play and sat there looking all sad. Does that seem like a man who has moved on from his love? YS’ existence really only served to increase his yearning because now there was definitely something permanent that bound him and GY. And how ironic because before their divorce GY told him that she’ll believe in a miracle that will bring them back together. Also, when Emily revealed to GY that she was JH’s wife, he was clearly irritated to the point where Emily called him out on this. This was before he even found out that GY waited for him 6 years. So no matter what reason/excuse people want to dream up, the fact is, GY is still firmly entrenched in JH’s heart even without any thought of YS and the knowledge that she waited for him.

JH admitted to his mother that nothing is going the way he planned. He’s silly because he’s a human being and even if YS didn’t exist, the human heart is not something that many of us can control. He’s not a robot. He’s silly because he might have thought that he could come back full of revenge and not feel anything once meeting GY again. I’ll say again that even the famous work of Dumas that explored revenge showed just how complicated the human heart is even when it think revenge is the answer. It is not that simple unless a person completely give up their humanity.

So back to Emily. I don’t like cowards and I don’t like people who have no gratitude. Emily is so caught up in feeling sorry for herself that she can’t even find gratitude in living another day of life. That’s my stance on her and I don’t feel one iota of shame for saying what I feel about her character. 

Reveal hidden contents

And by the way, I had a friend who lived in Montreal who from the moment she was born lived in terrible pain 24 hours a day all her life. Her parents even got divorced over the difficulty of her situation and her father is the one who took care of her. You know what? She was the sweetest, kindest soul I knew. I marveled at her will to survive living in all that pain every minute of the day for over 20 years. She never got to live a normal life and sometimes we couldn’t get in touch with her because she was in a coma for days at a time until she got better and the cycle repeat itself. Such a lovely girl who valued each minute of the life she was given because she wasn’t even supposed to live that long. 

I agree @celebrianna- Emily is being judged because of the way she presented herself.  She was also a victim of SN and came back with JH with the sole purpose of taking revenge on her.  Instead of abiding by her contract with JH, reality slapped her on the face and she then turned to be one of the enemies.  She only cares about herself.  Despite everything that JH did for her, she flatly told him she don't pity him  at all.  Emily, from the beginning, was an enemy just like SN - she did things just like what SN did, except that SN has more brains than her when it comes to evil deeds.  JH pitying her is JH's biggest mistake.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, fanofr said:

Hmm I've read more than one post criicising GY & HK for their fake engagement. & expressing support for JH's suffering because of it. Just watched the episode where the fake engagement was announced. It's very obvious that it was JH's idea & the "engaged" couple went along with it!

Lol we know it was his idea, but moving in was not, its extremely dangerous thing to do.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, viyra said:

I agree @celebrianna- Emily is being judged because of the way she presented herself.  She was also a victim of SN and came back with JH with the sole purpose of taking revenge on her.  Instead of abiding by her contract with JH, reality slapped her on the face and she then turned to be one of the enemies.  She only cares about herself.  Despite everything that JH did for her, she flatly told him she don't pity him  at all.  Emily, from the beginning, was an enemy just like SN - she did things just like what SN did, except that SN has more brains than her when it comes to evil deeds.  JH pitying her is JH's biggest mistake.

Indeed and now he’s reaping the consequences of getting involved with her. In his place the moment I found out she was blackmailing SN I would not get involved with her. There are some lines that shouldn’t be crossed and Enily crossed it when she tried to extort money. Furthermore, when she showed up trying to cause trouble initially, I was wary of her. Her attitude, while it surely messed up SN’s plan, definitely  was that of someone who didn’t have a firm grip on her morals. Yes, SN is evil but the way Emily went about like she was playing games (and enjoying it) and taunting SN because SN lied about Emily being JH’s girlfriend, it wasn’t right at all. I thought indeed a person is known by the company he/she keeps because she and SN are alike.

As to the allegation made in a previous post that GY somehow taunted Emily into committing suicide is a falsehood. GY rightfully put Emily in her place for her collusion with SN over taking her child. I would have sent them both to jail. GY has put up a lot with Emily and her psychotic rants whether in person or over the phone. How many times has Emily called GY out to threaten her and her child? This psycho needs to be put in a mental institution until she comes to grip with reality.  Being physically sick doesn’t give her the right to use it has a tool to test GY’s forbearance. Sympathy? Compassion? Why should I feel that way for a woman who reaped what she sowed? Why should I feel that way for a woman who harasses another woman like she does with GY? Why should I feel sympathy when she obviously agreed to the marriage contract knowing JH only meant business and most likely did it to change his identity? The best I can think about her is that she should wise up and realize there are more unfortunate people in this world. Why doesn’t she try to live gratefully and face the future bravely? 

• Like 6

Just now, dramaninja said:

Lol we know it was his idea, but moving in was not, its extremely dangerous thing to do.

Why do I have a feeling GY is going to lose to SN again?  SN is always confident in front of GY while GY is not.  I think this is the worst idea she ever  thought of -and what did HK say?  He hasn't done anything - and the culprit is right under his nose.  Can't he look for the evidence himself since they live in the same house?  Kick her out of the house empty-handed and empty her room.  Would an outsider be able to look for what they were looking for in their own house?  Is she going to look through every corner - and would that include Kang JaeHyuk/s area?:tounge_xd:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, viyra said:

Why do I have a feeling GY is going to lose to SN again?  SN is always confident in front of GY while GY is not.  I think this is the worst idea she ever  thought of -and what did HK say?  He hasn't done anything - and the culprit is right under his nose.  Can't he look for the evidence himself since they live in the same house?  Kick her out of the house empty-handed and empty her room.  Would an outsider be able to look for what they were looking for in their own house?  Is she going to look through every corner - and would that include Kang JaeHyuk/s area?:tounge_xd:

In the preview for Monday’s episode SN seemed “badly” surprised by something so perhaps GY does win one against her. I think it’s to do with the company. Maybe she found out that Chairman Jung made a deal with GY over YB Cosmetics. However, as usual, perhaps we shouldn’t get our hopes up that SN will be caught next week.-_- 

• Like 6

Just now, celebrianna said:

In the preview for Monday’s episode SN seemed “badly” surprised by something so perhaps GY does win one against her. I think it’s to do with the company. Maybe she found out that Chairman Jung made a deal with GY over YB Cosmetics. However, as usual, perhaps we shouldn’t get our hopes up that SN will be caught next week.-_- 

Didn't Chairman Jung also promise to give JH YB Distribution?  Isn't that enough to take SN down?  She'd be left with nothing then.

• Like 4

To be brutally honest the drama is called "love to the end" which makes me think they will get back together somehow.  But after everything she has been through to be honest I think she would be better for with new hubby or doing it alone, although i do prefer new hubby personally.

I feel sorry for his 20 year gal but still i do want them together....

I think after it all because they both put each other through the same stuff they will understand each other better and come back together.  Which for me 2 wrongs dont make a right, so i think they have gone to far to be back together......

• Like 5

2 hours ago, fragglerock said:

To be brutally honest the drama is called "love to the end" which makes me think they will get back together somehow.  But after everything she has been through to be honest I think she would be better for with new hubby or doing it alone, although i do prefer new hubby personally.

I feel sorry for his 20 year gal but still i do want them together....

I think after it all because they both put each other through the same stuff they will understand each other better and come back together.  Which for me 2 wrongs dont make a right, so i think they have gone to far to be back together......

Though at first I was hoping GY and HK would end up together, I'm beginning to "hope" she doesn't end up with anyone. Maybe this path she is on will bring her to the realization that she doesn't need either one; she's strong enough to stand on her own two feet (as been shown in raising YS). HK is drawn to JB (who I don't particularly like because she, too, betrayed GY), and JH has other responsibilities. JH needs to straighten his own bed before he goes messing with someone else's covers. He left GY - whatever the reason, whatever justification he had/has. Game over - no replay. Nada. No. Kind JH? Sympathetic JH? OK, let him be kind and sympathetic to his wife - for the rest of her life. And I hope she lives for a very long time...and he can keep loving GY in his heart to the very end.

I know I'm stepping on toes but I've always been a clumsy soul. No one ever taught me to dance. :rolleyes:

Edited by Takingthehighroad
grammar
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, viyra said:

Didn't Chairman Jung also promise to give JH YB Distribution?  Isn't that enough to take SN down?  She'd be left with nothing then.

SN is protected by plot armor. We can only wait until the writer actually allow her to be sentenced and serving time before we can be sure that she’s finished. -_- Hopefully her fake father also gets sentenced to prison time.

• Like 4

I already cleared my mind after i sleep hahaha now i can say my opinion about Love to the End drama as a whole..I just think the writer didnot meant the title to be GY and JH be back together at the end, its just their love for each other last until end even without them being together..JH marrying other girl even for revenge or a contract marriage still didnot erase the fact that they are married by law and in the eyes of everybody thats why he need to take care of his wife no matter what the situation is..

GY as we say a fake engagement with HK is not same as live with him (live in) in Kang family to subside the rumor about her/him, engagement can be cancelled anytime if the two parties involve decided not to continue it but living with HK in the same house (for us viewers we know the reason why ) is another story, HK or YB group is very famous and GY name or Cell beauty is also known by the crowd what do you think people well say to GY if after maybe a month they decided to break up?? Only GY image will be tarnish, people my badmouth her by she's married before to one boy, got divorce then live with another boy without marriage then separate...(aigoo its to cruel) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Takingthehighroad said:

Though at first I was hoping GY and HK would end up together, I'm beginning to "hope" she doesn't end up with anyone. Maybe this path she is on will bring her to the realization that she doesn't need either one; she's strong enough to stand on her own two feet (as been shown in raising YS). HK is drawn to JB (who I don't particularly like because she, too, betrayed GY), and JH has other responsibilities. JH needs to straighten his own bed before he goes messing with someone else's covers. He left GY - whatever the reason, whatever justification he had/has. Game over - no replay. Nada. No. Kind JH? Sympathetic JH? OK, let him be kind and sympathetic to his wife - for the rest of her life. And I hope she lives for a very long time...and he can keep loving GY in his heart to the very end.

I know I'm stepping on toes but I've always been a clumsy soul. No one ever taught me to dance. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: that's what i think too. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joan0528 said:

I already cleared my mind after i sleep hahaha now i can say my opinion about Love to the End drama as a whole..I just think the writer didnot meant the title to be GY and JH be back together at the end, its just their love for each other last until end even without them being together..JH marrying other girl even for revenge or a contract marriage still didnot erase the fact that they are married by law and in the eyes of everybody thats why he need to take care of his wife no matter what the situation is..

GY as we say a fake engagement with HK is not same as live with him (live in) in Kang family to subside the rumor about her/him, engagement can be cancelled anytime if the two parties involve decided not to continue it but living with HK in the same house (for us viewers we know the reason why ) is another story, HK or YB group is very famous and GY name or Cell beauty is also known by the crowd what do you think people well say to GY if after maybe a month they decided to break up?? Only GY image will be tarnish, people my badmouth her by she's married before to one boy, got divorce then live with another boy without marriage then separate...(aigoo its to cruel) 

Or perhaps they’ll be no turning back for GY either. I don’t understand how they can fool the board of directors like that and get away with it. This is one messy story because even if GY and JH walk the path of revenge, I don’t see why HG and JB should pay the price.

I blame the writer. This person has really made the story so twisted that the rewatch value seriously diminishes. The only other daily I have watched is Ugly Alert and that story is so much better than this and it involved a main character who is an ex-convict. I would watch it again in a heartbeat if only it was on an official streaming site.

The only thing I can commend the writer on is showing how walking the path of revenge is a double-edged sword. JH decided to walk it while holding on to his humanity which is a strange thing to do when a human, unless he’s a reprobate, has to steel his heart in order to hurt others including bystanders. The problem is, now his life is so messy and he’s probably stuck for life with the consequences of his actions. I hope at least GY doesn’t go that far. She should think about YS and any effect of her actions on him. She shouldn’t let SN drag her down to the pits.

• Like 6