[Drama 2019] Because It's My First Love, 첫사랑은 처음이라서 - Season 1 & 2 - Season 2 premieres on July 26th

0ly40

On 7/27/2019 at 7:19 PM, Auntie Mame said:

The dramas have actually been completed, except for Kingdom, which is still in production for season 2. 

For whatever reason, Netflix has chosen to cut the dramas into separate seasons.  The split is okay for some dramas. However, for others, it's like getting on a roller coaster on Jan 1st, getting to the top, then, being told to get off and return to finish the ride on July 4th.  All the momentum built up going up is lost.

This drama is a pleasant surprise.  It's not just a piece of fluffy romance.  The story, dialog and characters all have heart and soul.  Out of all the romantic relationships, the most enjoyable is Ga-rin and CH.  And, CH turned out to have the most depth and maturity.  

This is easy entertainment to watch.

I, too, enjoyed this drama and was pleasantly surprised. I am glad to have found the first 8 episodes just a few weeks ago so I didn’t have to wait months to watch the last 8.

I agree with you about CH. He reminded me of the saying - “good friends are like mirrors..Mirrors don’t lie..” CH was that friend to Tae-o, giving him clarity amidst his confusion.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Finished watching this in my first couple of weeks of quarantine. A bit late since this came out last year, but I've had a short absence in the drama world for a bit. The problem with watching things later than when they air on TV/online, is that you have no one to share your opinions with! So I've ended up writing a review/ series opinion piece here about My First First Love. It does contain spoilers so please read after you've seen season 1 & 2: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/05/series-opinion-piece-my-first-first.html

Overall, enjoyed the series a lot - it was much more slice of life/ coming of age than I expected, but it made for an interesting story with really likeable characters. Long time fan of JiSoo, but the actress Chaeyeon was super cute also and they looked good together. If anyone share any of my opinions, would love to hear :)

bqylSdp.jpg

BozxXYI.jpg

Z945LSE.jpg

Spoiler

LzrH1wQ.jpg

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Because It's My First Love, 첫사랑은 처음이라서 - Season 1 & 2 - Season 2 premieres on July 26th

Had to get all my fan girling out of my system, so created a few posts collecting content for this series. If you're a major fan, a latecomer to the series or someone considering whether you want to watch the show here is some additional content for you:

All of the pictures from My First First Love's Netlix Press Conference

aG2ZV6D.jpg

All the Netflix stills and behind the scenes pictures

04gFdxX.jpg

All the Marie Claire photo shoot pictures

q8Iv52e.jpg

A few Instgram pictures

Spoiler

PonXIh0.jpg

Finally there's also Behind the scenes videos and an opinion piece...Enjoy! <3 

Archived