[Drama 2019] Because It's My First Love, 첫사랑은 처음이라서 - Season 1 & 2 - Season 2 premieres on July 26th

0ly40

According to Variety, the college-age Korean drama shot 16 episodes, with the first eight being released in Season 1. Assumedly, Season 2 will feature the eight remaining episodes.

Source:  Bustle and Variety

No announcement yet from Netflix about the next season, one thing is for sure, Season 2 will happen.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who else has finished the first 8 episodes? I should have known, but I didn't find out till around episode 6 that there would be 16 episodes. How long are they gonna make us wait?

I like TaeO as a character, I think he's sweet and loveable, albeit immature and naive.

That said, I'm all in on the Do Hyun / Song Yi ship. I find them super adorable together.

But once I found out there would be 8 more episodes, and once I saw TaeO go and buy those heels and purse for Song Yi, I just had this "uh oh" feeling that TaeO and Song Yi will be together by the end of the series. But I guess we shall wait and see! Only way I'd be on board with that at this point is if Do Hyun does something awful which I don't see happening cuz he's such a sweetheart of a character. 

My least favorite character, easy, that beyotch (pardon my language but it's true) Se Hyun. She's insensitive with her words, all about herself, totally taking advantage of TaeO's kindness, not to mention she's two timing him. Erghh someone can push her off a cliff I won't mind. Oops did I say that. 

Lastly I love Ga Rin and Hoon but I wish them to give GaRin some more character development, rather than just having her be Hoon's fangirl. So hopefully that happens in the next 8 eps. Also please let Hoon get a lead role in a musical! He has such awesome stage presence and I love his facial expressions and positivity. 

I'm very curious how the next 8 eps will play out esp in terms of any time jumps. They are all still so young so I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in one or more than one jumps. Anyhow, let's wait and see! Hopefully not waiting too long hehe.

Hello everyone, hope you're doing good! I think there will be more time jump because I remember watching the 1st ep  when she gets a text message for her tuition to be paid it said -2015- I might be wrong though! It was a nice watch though and I hope we will have the 8 remaining episodes soon :) 

When I started watching it, I thought another name will be added on my list of second lead syndrome. But weeeh, Do Hyun FTW!! I really hope that they are still the endgame in season 2. 

When I learned that it's a remake, I've also been watching Because It's The First Time. It's also eight episodes but I haven't finished it yet.

• 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Because It's My First Love - 첫사랑은 처음이라서 - Season 1 & 2 - Season 2 premieres on July 26th
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SPOILERS FOR THE ENDING ,dont  click if you did not finish the drama! I know some of you are curious 

Spoiler
Spoiler

She got together with  with her childhood friend ,so I am happy about that! It was a really sweet ending.

25 minutes ago, ej25lol said:

I've watched a few netflix original dramas including this one. So far, all the "season 1's" have no conclusive endings. Is there a reason behind this? 

I guess because  atleast for this one it always  had 2 seasons.

The dramas have actually been completed, except for Kingdom, which is still in production for season 2. 

For whatever reason, Netflix has chosen to cut the dramas into separate seasons.  The split is okay for some dramas. However, for others, it's like getting on a roller coaster on Jan 1st, getting to the top, then, being told to get off and return to finish the ride on July 4th.  All the momentum built up going up is lost.

This drama is a pleasant surprise.  It's not just a piece of fluffy romance.  The story, dialog and characters all have heart and soul.  Out of all the romantic relationships, the most enjoyable is Ga-rin and CH.  And, CH turned out to have the most depth and maturity.  

This is easy entertainment to watch.

Archived